PDA

View Full Version : Soft touch Hearts

Since452
25-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Celebrating and giving themselves pats on the back for narrowly losing a final and staying back to applaud the players. Reminds me of us in 2013. Soft.

marinello59
25-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Celebrating and giving themselves pats on the back for narrowly losing a final and staying back to applaud the players. Reminds me of us in 2013. Soft.

The big team. :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
25-05-2019, 08:45 PM

They're all congratulating eachother and their club over on kb for a job well done. Long may it continue.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2019, 08:52 PM
In 2013 most accepted we had been pretty garbage on the day and it was just a show of support and defiance. We were basically just glad it was only a bit of a humping rather than a humiliation as it had been the year before.

On Kickback they are all raving about their 'sensational' and 'brilliant' performance and getting dewy eyed about their brave warriors leading them to a bright future.

In reality they played their part in a dull anti football contest that was a shocking advert for the Scottish game.

25-05-2019, 08:58 PM
In 2013 most accepted we had been pretty garbage on the day and it was just a show of support and defiance. We were basically just glad it was only a bit of a humping rather than a humiliation as it had been the year before.

On Kickback they are all raving about their 'sensational' and 'brilliant' performance and getting dewy eyed about their brave warriors leading them to a bright future.

In reality they played their part in a dull anti football contest that was a shocking advert for the Scottish game.

I’m getting some spectacular bites from my hertz supporting acquaintances. Half of whom couldn’t be arsed attending.

Baader
25-05-2019, 09:27 PM
They're fooling no-one. Had a very easy route to the final with the toughest tie at the start v Livi. A replay against Partick and just because Celtic were poor today and they didn't get hammered they try to delude anyone who will listen that it was some sort of achievement.

EI255
25-05-2019, 09:29 PM
They'll never have a better chance of beating Celtic again in a cup final as that was a woeful Celtic today / last 8 months.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Since452
25-05-2019, 10:06 PM
The fans interview on Sportscene summed it up. "Just glad we all got to celebrate a goal". Bunch of boring Volvo driving Tory melts.

bookert
25-05-2019, 10:10 PM

Yes I hated that, we never laid a glove on celtic yet stayed behind to applaud.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2019, 10:12 PM
They played well and are rightfully proud of their side imo.

2013 I was proud of our progress, we were horrific the year before and we beat some good sides to reach the final a year later. Just a shame our talisman wasn't fit so we never had much chance.

Franck Stanton
25-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Also stated their fans were terrific, backed the team from start to finish and at least won the singing. REALLY ?

jacomo
25-05-2019, 10:20 PM

Context is all.

We had totally fallen to pieces the previous year at Hampden and 2013 felt like a kind of redemption. The fans reaction was understandable and justified.

I really don’t care what Hearts fans think, but with Levein in charge they aren’t gonna win zip are they?

Sammy7nil
25-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Context is all.

We had totally fallen to pieces the previous year at Hampden and 2013 felt like a kind of redemption. The fans reaction was understandable and justified.

I really don’t care what Hearts fans think, but Levein in charge they aren’t gonna win zip are they?

Personally I thought 2013 love in was a bit cringy. Each to their own.

RyeSloan
25-05-2019, 10:43 PM
Don’t think there is anything wrong in a support showing they still back their team even if they have just been pumped in a final.

What is wrong is pretending Hearts performance today was anything more than mediocre. They battled as ever and stifled the game as ever but any old bunch of cloggers can do that.

In the end they had a glorious chance of victory and the threw it away with two terrible mistakes and being unable to have the mental strength or ability to go for a killer second.

As for potter leaving that 16yo left back on when he was clearly done after an hour...criminal management.

The Harp Awakes
25-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Also stated their fans were terrific, backed the team from start to finish and at least won the singing. REALLY ?

A few of them on the thread weren't happy with the loudest rendition of Hullo Hullo they'd heard, but they were quickly put down by the majority, one saying it was justified because they were playing Celtic. FFS. A lot of mini huns out in their support today it seems as could be seen by the many UJs in their support.

ancient hibee
25-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Personally I thought 2013 love in was a bit cringy. Each to their own.
Me too.Who wants to be a good loser in a cup final.

Greencore
25-05-2019, 10:55 PM
Amazing, as long as they accept that pish the longer, loser medals stays. Its win ****ing win.

RoYO!
26-05-2019, 10:29 AM
That was genuinely the best result we could have possibly hoped for... well maybe save an absolute hammering.

They’ve galvanised. Why? I’m not sure.

But the longer they go thinking all is well, the better it is for us. They are only heading one direction.

BonnieFitbaTeam
26-05-2019, 10:50 AM
A few of them on the thread weren't happy with the loudest rendition of Hullo Hullo they'd heard, but they were quickly put down by the majority, one saying it was justified because they were playing Celtic. FFS. A lot of mini huns out in their support today it seems as could be seen by the many UJs in their support.

Not to mention the blue-ish flag which, although we could only see the top half, was headed-up, “NO ONE LIKES US...”

And they wonder why we call them mini-Huns!!

The_Horde
26-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Don’t think there is anything wrong in a support showing they still back their team even if they have just been pumped in a final.

What is wrong is pretending Hearts performance today was anything more than mediocre. They battled as ever and stifled the game as ever but any old bunch of cloggers can do that.

In the end they had a glorious chance of victory and the threw it away with two terrible mistakes and being unable to have the mental strength or ability to go for a killer second.

As for potter leaving that 16yo left back on when he was clearly done after an hour...criminal management.

There is when they've been trying to give us a ribbing for it since 2013 though. :hilarious

Get it right up them.

The_Horde
26-05-2019, 10:59 AM
They played well and are rightfully proud of their side imo.

2013 I was proud of our progress, we were horrific the year before and we beat some good sides to reach the final a year later. Just a shame our talisman wasn't fit so we never had much chance.

Wrong.

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Wrong.
:faf: okay pal

Care to explain or do you struggle with big words?

Hibee87
26-05-2019, 11:30 AM
:faf: okay pal

Care to explain or do you struggle with big words?

I imagine the fact you said they played well is why he said wrong. In what way did they play well? Both teams were poor, with hearts happy to sit back, defend and punt the ball. I actually can't remember them once testing the keeper other than their goal. They way they are fawning on social media and kickback you would think they played Celtic off the park and were hard done by, all I seen was 10 men behind the ball trying not to loose by too many goals.

Col2
26-05-2019, 11:35 AM

Going by the TV pictures they didn’t stay back for long!

erin go bragh
26-05-2019, 12:00 PM
I imagine the fact you said they played well is why he said wrong. In what way did they play well? Both teams were poor, with hearts happy to sit back, defend and punt the ball. I actually can't remember them once testing the keeper other than their goal. They way they are fawning on social media and kickback you would think they played Celtic off the park and were hard done by, all I seen was 10 men behind the ball trying not to loose by too many goals.
Spot on . They passed back to their keeper countless times . Celtic were there for the taking and they bottled it . Had they went for it when up 1-0 they could have got a second goal and won . Celtic were honking yesterday but Zamal and Berra gifted them the cup 😂😂😂

brog
26-05-2019, 12:07 PM

In reality they played their part in a dull anti football contest that was a shocking advert for the Scottish game.This!! I'm genuinely still trying to come to terms with the fact that in a cup final, Hawrts actually kicked for touch, at least twice, from their kick offs!! The cardigan wearers must have thought they were back at Murrayfield! If we had done that then this board ( rightly ) would have gone into meltdown. They celebrate it!!

BoomtownHibees
26-05-2019, 12:09 PM
[/B]This!! I'm genuinely still trying to come to terms with the fact that in a cup final, Hawrts actually kicked for touch, at least twice, from their kick offs!! The cardigan wearers must have thought they were back at Murrayfield! If we had done that then this board ( rightly ) would have gone into meltdown. They celebrate it!!

Maybe SJM should have done that in the semi against Aberdeen

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2019, 12:09 PM

I thought they done pretty well, especially first hour. They forced Celtic wide (exactly how we beat them at home this season), broke pretty well and took their chance when it came. Levein got it spot on tactically for an hour before Celtics quality told. If they'd last at 1-0 for another 5/10 minutes they could well have won it.

I would never take a jambos opinion on Hibs because they never watch us but in my experience they are pretty critical of their own side when it's not going well so I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest there is some truth in them being fairly pleased with the effort.

crewetollhibee
26-05-2019, 12:13 PM
Not to mention the blue-ish flag which, although we could only see the top half, was headed-up, “NO ONE LIKES US...”

And they wonder why we call them mini-Huns!!

To add to that, saw at least a dozen of them at Haymarket, wrapped in Union Jacks. Weird, weird bunch.

brog
26-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Maybe SJM should have done that in the semi against Aberdeen

I know, or hope you're saying that in jest but IMO the minute you indulge in those tactics you're saying you know the other team is better than you. It's almost like playing a 4-6-0 formation but surely no one would do that!! :wink:

BoomtownHibees
26-05-2019, 12:19 PM
I know, or hope you're saying that in jest but IMO the minute you indulge in those tactics you're saying you know the other team is better than you. It's almost like playing a 4-6-0 formation but surely no one would do that!! :wink:

Tbf there are a lot of teams who play the ball deep in the oppositions half straight from kick off. SJM actually done it for most of that season other than in that semi where he thought he could single handedly beat the whole Aberdeen team 😂

Paisley Hibby
26-05-2019, 12:22 PM

My Celtic suporting nephew was in the Celtic end that day and describes how they decided to give our fans a "sympathy cheer" for our effort. I also remember the Celtic fans signing Allez Allez Allez Oh, Hibernian FC, beat by half past three. We were soft as ****; there was nothing to be proud of that day.

Since452
26-05-2019, 12:27 PM
My Celtic suporting nephew was in the Celtic end that day and describes how they decided to give us a sympathy cheer for our effort. I also remember the Celtic fans signing Allez Allez Allez Oh, Hibernian FC, beat by half past three. We were soft as ****; there was nothing to be proud of thar day.

I felt lower after that game than in the previous final. Felt like we were accepting mediocrity and just happy we weren't embarrassed. Thankfully we've moved away from that and grown as a club massively. We'll leave that behaviour to our pink chums now. Whens the "tried hard" parade?

jakedance
26-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Spot on . They passed back to their keeper countless times . Celtic were there for the taking and they bottled it . Had they went for it when up 1-0 they could have got a second goal and won . Celtic were honking yesterday but Zamal and Berra gifted them the cup 😂😂😂

Exactly. I think Hearts are celebrating the fight and effort, which is fair enough I suppose, but then that’s all they really value.

biscuitersed75
26-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Maybe SJM should have done that in the semi against AberdeenAnd Zambernardi, New Year 2003!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SChibs
26-05-2019, 12:35 PM
To be honest I'll never slate a team or fans for getting behind their team and giving them a backing or appreciating their efforts. Hearts didn't lose the final through lack of trying to be fair so the fans should support the players.

I believe the first job of a supporter is to support the team on the pitch so I have no issue with how the hearts fans reacted. Getting behind your team when they get beat doesn't mean you accept mediocrity imo. It's easy to cheer and make noise when your team is winning...

brog
26-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Tbf there are a lot of teams who play the ball deep in the oppositions half straight from kick off. SJM actually done it for most of that season other than in that semi where he thought he could single handedly beat the whole Aberdeen team 😂

There's a world of difference between playing a ball deep, & presumably aiming it in the general direction of your own players, & deliberately kicking it out of play. In my 60+ years of watching football I've never seen a team deliberately kick a ball out of play as an "attacking" move. Another innovation from Harry P.

Sioux
26-05-2019, 04:48 PM
To be honest I'll never slate a team or fans for getting behind their team and giving them a backing or appreciating their efforts. Hearts didn't lose the final through lack of trying to be fair so the fans should support the players.

I believe the first job of a supporter is to support the team on the pitch so I have no issue with how the hearts fans reacted. Getting behind your team when they get beat doesn't mean you accept mediocrity imo. It's easy to cheer and make noise when your team is winning...

Don't think anyone's slating them for supporting their team. But when they come out a few hours after the game with this crap that they were magnificent and unlucky, the best team lost etc, then they need to seek help.

EI255
26-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Looks like they are a soft touch. Need to watch. It can soon turn bad. Very bad.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

SChibs
26-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Don't think anyone's slating them for supporting their team. But when they come out a few hours after the game with this crap that they were magnificent and unlucky, the best team lost etc, then they need to seek help.

I agree with that. It was more people slagging them about yesterday saying it was like us in 2013 like it was a bad thing

hibeerealist
26-05-2019, 05:24 PM
I felt lower after that game than in the previous final. Felt like we were accepting mediocrity and just happy we weren't embarrassed. Thankfully we've moved away from that and grown as a club massively. We'll leave that behaviour to our pink chums now. Whens the "tried hard" parade?

Really ????

Since452
26-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Really ????

Without a doubt

hibeerealist
26-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Without a doubt

Got it to be in a minority of one, the previous year was the worst ever.

hibeerealist
26-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Without a doubt

Losing to that shower of cheating bassas aided by a bent ref and Lithuanian pensioners money left me rather sick..............

Since452
26-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Losing to that shower of cheating bassas aided by a bent ref and Lithuanian pensioners money left me rather sick..............

The cheating part made it far easier to take. If they'd beaten us 5-1 on a level playing field I'd have felt suicidal. The fact they went bust soon after said it all. No way would Hearts ever beat Hibs by that score in a final on equal terms.

Pete
26-05-2019, 05:51 PM
The cheating part made it far easier to take. If they'd beaten us 5-1 on a level playing field I'd have felt suicidal. The fact they went bust soon after said it all. No way would Hearts ever beat Hibs by that score in a final on equal terms.

I agree.

I actually felt worse after losing semi finals to relatively piddly teams. Missed opportunities are the ones that play on your mind.

ZAGREB RED
26-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Hearts probably played as well as they can yesterday, they were obviously going to sit in, try and frustrate Celtic then play off set pieces and second balls. It worked, they limited a poor Celtic team to two attempts at goal, unfortunately for Hearts, Celtic scored off both of them.
Celtic barely turned up yesterday but they still had enough to win, Hearts are trying to claim some sort of moral victory/the best team lost scenario.

Since452
26-05-2019, 06:15 PM
I agree.

I actually felt worse after losing semi finals to relatively piddly teams. Missed opportunities are the ones that play on your mind.

The Dundee United semi under Mowbray had me blubbering like a 5 year old