PDA

View Full Version : Cup final stats

Archie70
25-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Lifted from BBC web sites;
In 2016 final we had 21 shots at goal...today’s match had 13 between both teams.
We had more shots on target than either team had on or off today.
Neither keeper had a save to make today. Neither team hit the woodwork or came close to scoring from distance
However hearts were only 1 foul behind both teams combined foul count in our match.
Yet they are so proud in defeat, if only Naismith was fit they would have won... what if Griffiths,Tierney or Christie were fit.
They can give it all the proud of the performance, Braveheart guff they want but today was a rank rotten final and they lost. Bottled it. Sir Alex described ours as a classic...that today was dire.
The reason we finished above them was obvious today...we are a better side.

DaveF
25-05-2019, 08:37 PM
Excellent stuff :-D

Joe6-2
25-05-2019, 08:39 PM
Great summarising, puts today’s crappy game in its place

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Hearts set out today to battle and not play football and Lennon got suckered into it as per usual. Potter actually got his tactics spot on. Worst cup final ever.

Sammy7nil
25-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Lifted from BBC web sites;
In 2016 final we had 21 shots at goal...today’s match had 13 between both teams.
We had more shots on target than either team had on or off today.
Neither keeper had a save to make today. Neither team hit the woodwork or came close to scoring from distance
However hearts were only 1 foul behind both teams combined foul count in our match.
Yet they are so proud in defeat, if only Naismith was fit they would have won... what if Griffiths,Tierney or Christie were fit.
They can give it all the proud of the performance, Braveheart guff they want but today was a rank rotten final and they lost. Bottled it. Sir Alex described ours as a classic...that today was dire.
The reason we finished above them was obvious today...we are a better side.

Stats are wrong hearts defo forced a save. The wee scroat with the 5-1 top had a shot. Hope he is in tears at school on monday.

04Sauzee
25-05-2019, 11:23 PM
Thought it was a dreadful game played by 2 dreadful teams. There seems to be a number of jambos who reckon they were brilliant today. I wonder if I watched the game through green tinted specs because I thought they were extremely poor.

Sammy7nil
25-05-2019, 11:29 PM
Thought it was a dreadful game played by 2 dreadful teams. There seems to be a number of jambos who reckon they were brilliant today. I wonder if I watched the game through green tinted specs because I thought they were extremely poor.

No need to go to Specsavers it was a terrible game played by two teams petrified to play any football.

Mr Grieves
26-05-2019, 12:13 AM
Hearts are a typically well organised team that drag other teams down to their level, As are Aberdeen

26-05-2019, 12:30 AM
Here's another stat. Sportscene's 40 minute show had only 11 minutes of highlights. That's how good a game it was.

jakedance
26-05-2019, 07:05 AM
Good points well made. Hearts showed a lot of ‘character’ but they barely laid a glove on a shocking Celtic team. It’s not a heroic defeat, it’s a massive missed opportunity. They say you need the old firm to not play at their best to have a chance, well Hearts got that chance and still only managed three shots on target.

KeithTheHibby
26-05-2019, 07:06 AM
It was a dug ***** final of epic proportions. Thank **** they never managed to win it.

mjhibby
26-05-2019, 09:01 AM

When they say brilliant they mean they dragged Celtic down to their level and kept themselves in the game. The highlights of the game are the least entertaining, the least skilful and the most downright dirge I've ever seen. You know a games been utterly honking when the highlights are that bad. Still in their wee world,battling against the forces of evil that they have to face every day being a Jambo they were brilliant. It's actually so sad they think t like that that I almost pity them. They really are a strange bunch.