PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

Hibeesmad
25-05-2019, 05:48 PM
I mentioned weeks ago that Lennon would be given the job on a permanent basis. Very pleased they won today
Well in Lenny 👍

Fife-Hibee
25-05-2019, 05:50 PM
Great news for everybody else. He's atrocious.

SRHibs
25-05-2019, 05:51 PM
We should be aiming for top 2 next season.

Since452
25-05-2019, 05:51 PM
Very pleased he's their new manager. Outplayed by an atrocious Hearts team. Bring them on next season.

theonlywayisup
25-05-2019, 05:52 PM
He's atrocious.

I think his winners record says otherwise.

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Fantastic news. ***** manager these days.

SquashedFrogg
Natural order

The 90+2

It’s been hard for him to be fair 😂😂

we are hibs
25-05-2019, 05:55 PM

Everyone elses eyes say otherwise to that. Bog standard football and a dinosaur of a manager.

Since452
25-05-2019, 05:56 PM
20 quid on the huns to win the league

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Everyone elses eyes say otherwise to that. Bog standard football and a dinosaur of a manager.

Lol

Can you please publish your survey results

SRHibs
25-05-2019, 05:57 PM
It’s been hard for him to be fair 😂😂

To be fair, getting from 8th to 1st within the space of 5 months is pretty impressive.

CraigHibee
25-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Easy, cheap appointment for the penny pinchers, it'll come back to bite them

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 05:58 PM
To be fair, getting from 8th to 1st within the space of 5 months is pretty impressive.

😂😀

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 05:59 PM
Just found it quite funny.

Answer to your deleted question.

we are hibs
25-05-2019, 05:59 PM
Lol

Can you please publish your survey results

You would have to be a moron or have terrible eyesight to think Celtic haven't regressed under Lennon and their football has worsened. Just a coincidence? Like it was a coincidence our signings turned to **** once Lennon arrived? Apart from 6 months it was pish poor long ball football for a year and a half under Lennon at hibs too.

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Yep you’ve a valid point. Delighted all round they’ve got him as their manager. 😂😂😂

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 06:02 PM
You would have to be a moron or have terrible eyesight to think Celtic haven't regressed under Lennon and their football has worsened. Just a coincidence? Like it was a coincidence our signings turned to **** once Lennon arrived? Apart from 6 months it was pish poor long ball football for a year and a half under Lennon at hibs too.

So I'm a moron? 😀

All cool mate, enjoy your night 👍

Haymaker
25-05-2019, 06:04 PM

**** that, let's go Hecky!!

My_Wife_Camille
He’s an absolute fraud of a manager and always has been imo

we are hibs
So I'm a moron? 😀

Only if you don't think Celtic haven't regressed under Lennon :wink:

Unseen work
25-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Celtic fans won’t be happy.

Poor today and have been the majority of the time he’s been there

It’s similar to how we were this season, slow and ponderous in possession, no cutting edge and vulnerable defensively.

I think Rangers will fancy their chances next season

Also can see him signing some poor older player that used to be at Celtic. Hooper, Mulgrew and players of that ilk.

tanfield
25-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Typical cheap option for Celtic

Hibeesmad
25-05-2019, 06:09 PM
Big overhaul at Celtic in the summer. Would be very surprised if they don’t make it to 10.

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 06:09 PM
So I'm a moron? 😀

You’re definitely not. I don’t think you believe Celtic have improved under Lennon though.

TheHarpy76
25-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Rangers will be rubbing their hands together.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2019, 06:10 PM

It doesn't really. His 1st spell at Celtic is characterised far more by what he didn't achieve than what he did. Cup final defeats to Kilmarnock and Rangers, semi final defeats to Ross County and Hearts and an early round exit to Morton in the LC as well. He also finished behind Rangers in 1 of the 2 full seasons he competed against them.

Celtic fans love the man but they absolutely don't want him back as manager.

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 06:11 PM

To be honest I couldn't give a monkey's about Celtic. I'm just delighted Lennon helped them win today.

Celtic regressing is an added bonus.

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 06:13 PM
You’re definitely not. I don’t think you believe Celtic have improved under Lennon though.

They've got considerably worse. And I'm happy about that.

Keith_M
25-05-2019, 06:13 PM
Big overhaul at Celtic in the summer. Would be very surprised if they don’t make it to 10.

I think you're doing Lennon a dis-service, they'll finish top six, at least!

25-05-2019, 06:15 PM
An awful decision from Celtic.

theonlywayisup
25-05-2019, 06:19 PM

No they regressed under Rodgers. Lennon steadied the ship.

One Day
25-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Easy, cheap appointment for the penny pinchers, it'll come back to bite them

I think it might too.

Keith_M
25-05-2019, 06:21 PM
I thought they were giving the job to Moyes?

:cool2:

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 06:22 PM
They've got considerably worse. And I'm happy about that.

👍

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 06:22 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😭 amazing

Kojock
25-05-2019, 06:24 PM

Too far 😂

G B Young
25-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Well done Lenny. Did everything that was asked of him at Celtic by winning all the key games and he's deservedly got the job. I'd have loved to see them stick a few goals past the yams today, but p**h as Hearts are I guess nerves were always going to affect Celtic when the treble treble was at stake.

I remain bemused by those who feel Lennon didn't do a good job at Hibs overall too. A club record top flight league points tally was no mean achievement.

Crammond Hibee
25-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Well done Lenny. Did everything that was asked of him at Celtic by winning all the key games and he's deservedly got the job. I'd have loved to see them stick a few goals past the yams today, but p**h as Hearts are I guess nerves were always going to affect Celtic when the treble treble was at stake.

I remain bemused by those who feel Lennon didn't do a good job at Hibs overall too. A club record top flight league points tally was no mean achievement.

Lenny did a good job at Hibs for me.
Yes the results dipped a bit latterly and him moving on was prob right

theonlywayisup
25-05-2019, 06:32 PM
😂😂😂😂😂😭 amazing

Why are you laughing?

Rodgers left Celtic with a 8 point lead.
Lennon won the league with a 9 point gap.

Rodgers Celtic were poor. He's to blame for their poor performance this season.

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 06:33 PM
Why are you laughing?

😂😂😂 you genuinely can’t believe that but fair enough if you do mate.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2019, 06:34 PM

Before Lennon this season(domestically):

P - 33
W - 26
D - 3
L - 4
GF - 80
GA - 13
GD - +67
Win % - 78%

With Lennon:

P - 14
W - 10
D - 3
L - 1
GF - 20
GA - 6
GD - +14
Win % - 71%

I don't think the stats really back up your argument. Results wise they essentially flatlined under Lennon but their ability to score goals dropped away dramatically.

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 06:38 PM

Nerves? Celtic where back to front rank rotten, Lennon out done by Potter as usual and got lucky big time against the worst football team in a final for years. They got out thought out played and got lucky as anything thankfully. Lennon did do a good job at us, latterly a shambles and didn’t have a clue how to put out a side. Always an excuse for him too. I’m delighted for Scottish football they’ve somehow managed to give the guy the full time managers job. What a belter of a day.

theonlywayisup
25-05-2019, 06:40 PM

P - 33
W - 26
D - 3
L - 4
GF - 80
GA - 13
GD - +67
Win % - 78%

With Lennon:

P - 14
W - 10
D - 3
L - 1
GF - 20
GA - 6
GD - +14
Win % - 71%

I don't think the stats really back up your argument. Results wise they essentially flatlined under Lennon but their ability to score goals dropped away dramatically.

Jeez. And ten of Lennon's 14 were against top six teams. You can do anything with stats.

calumhibee1
25-05-2019, 06:42 PM

Lol

theonlywayisup
25-05-2019, 06:45 PM
😂😂😂 you genuinely can’t believe that but fair enough if you do mate.

It's marginal, but Rodger's team was poor compared to previous seasons. Lennon, like Heckingbottom, inherited a team that should be doing better. Next season will be interesting for both managers.

Seekyit
25-05-2019, 06:45 PM
It doesn't really. His 1st spell at Celtic is characterised far more by what he didn't achieve than what he did. Cup final defeats to Kilmarnock and Rangers, semi final defeats to Ross County and Hearts and an early round exit to Morton in the LC as well. He also finished behind Rangers in 1 of the 2 full seasons he competed against them.

Celtic fans love the man but they absolutely don't want him back as manager.

Interesting stats, thanks. I was wondering this morning about his record at Celtic in domestic cups competitions in the fear that he might crap it today.

He nearly did...

Pretty Boy
25-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Jeez. And ten of Lennon's 14 were against top six teams. You can do anything with stats.

I'm not really sure what your point is.

Mine is simple. There wasn't a ship to be steadied. Celtic were pretty sensational in the early part of this season despite dropping a little from the previous 2 seasons. After losing to Killie in September they went unbeaten for 9 games and scored 30 goals. After that run ended, against Hibs, they won 10 of their next 11 scoring 28 goals in the process. Lennon took over at that point.

Lennon carried on the job that was already being done. He didn't 'steady the ship' because there was no ship to be steadied. Celtic were comfortably top of the league and in excellent form when he arrived.

bookert
25-05-2019, 06:55 PM
I think there will be a lot of happy folk in huntown tonight

theonlywayisup
25-05-2019, 06:56 PM
I'm not really sure what your point is.

Mine is simple. There wasn't a ship to be steadied. Celtic were pretty sensational in the early part of this season despite dropping a little from the previous 2 seasons. After losing to Killie in September they went unbeaten for 9 games and scored 30 goals. After that run ended, against Hibs, they won 10 of their next 11 scoring 28 goals in the process. Lennon took over at that point.

Lennon carried on the job that was already being done. He didn't 'steady the ship' because there was no ship to be steadied. Celtic were comfortably top of the league and in excellent form when he arrived.

Yes and Rodgers left Celtic with a 8 point lead.

All of this debate started because some were critical of Lennon. I'm merely pointing out that the slide started with Rodgers. Celtic have not been as clinical this season compared to others.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2019, 06:58 PM

All of this debate started because some were critical of Lennon. I'm merely pointing out that the slide started with Rodgers. Celtic have not been as clinical this season compared to others.

So your 1st paragraph means we agree. To all intents and purposes Celtic flatlined under Lennon, which was the point I made in my inital reply.

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 07:00 PM
I think there will be a lot of happy folk in huntown tonight

And who actually cares?

calumhibee1
25-05-2019, 07:00 PM

Rodgers built up an 8 point lead over a period of about 25 games I presume it was? So about a point of a lead for every 3 games played.

Lennon built up a 1 point lead over a period of about 13 or whatever it was. So a point of a lead for every 13 games played.

At that rate Rodgers would have won the league by about 12. Lennon on his teams form would have won it by 3. So surely that would show that they didn’t improve and they regressed?

Hibee Mac
25-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Their football has taken a slide since he took over.

Glad we're shot of him, it might work for a season but his style of management is unsustainable, as we saw at Hibs.

Glory Lurker
25-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Cheap bubbly wine corks popping all around Ibrox. 9 in a row stopped already. A dodgy penalty and a breakaway to beat one of the most anti-football teams in the league.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-05-2019, 07:02 PM
NHC missing from thread title.

The 90+2
25-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Cheap bubbly wine corks popping all around Ibrox. 9 in a row stopped already. A dodgy penalty and a breakaway to beat one of the most anti-football teams in the league.

Nothing dodgy about their penalty.

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 07:06 PM

Total pen. Certainly in modern football.

Am I the only person confused about the concern on here about The Rangers and Celtic?

Seems to be a weird level of genuine concern around how their fans feel about todays result.

Odd considering we all support Hibs

Maybe just me.

Glory Lurker
25-05-2019, 07:07 PM

Ok. I thought it was. For the sake of argument, let's say it was a stonewaller. Still overall a brutal performance against a terrible team. Rodgers Celtic would have destroyed them. He just is not a football manager.

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 07:10 PM
Ok. I thought it was. For the sake of argument, let's say it was a stonewaller. Still overall a brutal performance against a terrible team. Rodgers Celtic would have destroyed them. He just is not a football manager.

Why does the level of performance of a Celtic team bother you? Genuine question.

Glory Lurker
25-05-2019, 07:11 PM
Why does the level of performance of a Celtic team bother you?

You know why. Why are you bothered at me being bothered?

gringojoe
25-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Neil Lennon was good for us and we were good for Neil Lennon

Hibeesmad
25-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Stubbs for the Killie job? Haven’t heard much of him recently

SquashedFrogg
25-05-2019, 07:19 PM
You know why. Why are you bothered at me being bothered?

I genuinely don't know. That's why I was asking. Seriously mate.

We are Hibs supporters. I'm honestly confused as to the inquisitive critique of a Celtic team who (a) we don't support and (b) have just beat our rivals.

Glory Lurker
25-05-2019, 07:21 PM
I genuinely don't know. That's why I was asking. Seriously mate.

We are Hibs supporters. I'm honestly confused as to the inquisitive critique of a Celtic team who (a) we don't support and (b) have just beat our rivals.

Cool. For me it's about Lennon not being very good. Back half of last season apart Hibs under his charge weren't up to much. He caused our club problems throughout. I think he let our team down.

Seekyit
25-05-2019, 07:22 PM

Yep. And it ran its course.

supermcginn
25-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Why are you laughing?

Enjoy your night neil.

Hibs90
25-05-2019, 07:26 PM

Me too, they will be licking their lips.

That appointment might have just cost them 10 in a row. And from reading forums, facebook and twitter I'd say the overwhelming majority of their fans aren't happy with the appointment.

Zazu62
25-05-2019, 07:35 PM
He just stopped Hearts winning the Scottish cup we would have had that rammed down us all summer long with Levein being unbearable for the rest of his life, thanks Neil.

angus hibby
25-05-2019, 07:42 PM

Roberto Di Matteo is favourite with bookies for that job.

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2019, 07:49 PM
Should've got Pat Fenlon, at least he left us slightly better than he found us.

jeffers
25-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Money on the Huns to win the league next season.

ancient hibee
25-05-2019, 11:02 PM
Money on the Huns to win the league next season.
That’s why you don’t find poor bookies.Celtic will win it.

Since452
25-05-2019, 11:03 PM
Should've got Pat Fenlon, at least he left us slightly better than he found us.

And higher up the league

Joe6-2
25-05-2019, 11:08 PM

Was at the game, and in the studio for highlights programme

Michael
25-05-2019, 11:09 PM
Roberto Di Matteo is favourite with bookies for that job.

Would be interesting. From Champions League to Kilmarnock.

The Harp Awakes
25-05-2019, 11:34 PM

Correct! Wierd how there's so many Hibs fans having a pop at NL. He had one of the best win ratios of a Hibs Manager in his time, and we played some great football under him last season and early this season. Just read that he's also got a better win ratio with Celtic than Brendan Rodgers.

Not so sure his permanent appointment is as good news for Rangers as others seem to think. Celtic were on the slide under Rodgers long before NL took over.

Borderhibbie76
26-05-2019, 06:09 AM
For me a Carlsberg Day yesterday...Hertz lost a Cup Final they looked like winning and Celtic have handed Lennon the job full time. He had a good 6 or 7 months at us post Jan in his 2nd season but other than that we were bang average under him especially the Championship winning season...same as Celtic have been since Feb. It's very good news for Scottish football they've given him the job imo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Niffy
26-05-2019, 06:27 AM
Me too, they will be licking their lips.

That appointment might have just cost them 10 in a row. And from reading forums, facebook and twitter I'd say the overwhelming majority of their fans aren't happy with the appointment.

Not going by the “one Neil Lennon “ I heard at the end of the final.

Phil MaGlass
26-05-2019, 07:27 AM

This.

JimBHibees
26-05-2019, 07:31 AM
Not going by the “one Neil Lennon “ I heard at the end of the final.

That was praising him for winning the double when he was there not necessarily endorsing him as future manager. Bet the same fans were all slagging him off 30 mins prior. Very strange appointment imo unless they are going to give him serious cash.

Northernhibee
26-05-2019, 07:44 AM
That was praising him for winning the double when he was there not necessarily endorsing him as future manager. Bet the same fans were all slagging him off 30 mins prior. Very strange appointment imo unless they are going to give him serious cash.

It’s not. They’d need to spend another £50m minimum to be competitive in Europe.

They hire Lennon and he wins another treble, it’s a good appointment. Sevco win the league next season, it’s Lennons fault as opposed to the board by spending enough.

JimBHibees
26-05-2019, 07:46 AM
It’s not. They’d need to spend another £50m minimum to be competitive in Europe.

They hire Lennon and he wins another treble, it’s a good appointment. Sevco win the league next season, it’s Lennons fault as opposed to the board by spending enough.

Disagree if Rangers win the league next year I would assume their fans would be more critical of the Board than Lennon.

Diclonius
26-05-2019, 08:08 AM
Would be interesting. From Champions League to Kilmarnock.

Clearly they have a bit more money to play with now.

neil7908
26-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Neil Lennon is a very lucky guy to move from a fast dropping Hibs team where he lost the dressing room and frequently indulged in some bizarre behaviour to end up at the indisputable best team in the land.

He's undoubtedly a cheap option for Celtic and I think they'll come to regret his appointment before his time is done.

Since452
26-05-2019, 09:17 AM
Can see Lennon trying to sign Marciano

southsider
26-05-2019, 09:19 AM
Swap him for Leigh ?

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Lennon said at his press conference that he owes a debt of gratitude to Hibs. IMO that statement was the piece that was missing from his time with us. He can fail or succeed on his own terms in his second spell.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Celtc weren't as good this year as they were last, but that was the case under Rodgers.

Lennon only lost one game, to The Rangers at Ibrox, and that was the week after the league had been won.

It's incredible how fans who have no involvement in football other than supporting one team, know that a man who has had success at the highest levels, both as a player and manager, is bad at their job, while those immersed in the sport can't see it.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Neil Lennon is a very lucky guy to move from a fast dropping Hibs team where he lost the dressing room and frequently indulged in some bizarre behaviour to end up at the indisputable best team in the land.

He's undoubtedly a cheap option for Celtic and I think they'll come to regret his appointment before his time is done.

You also have to say that Celtc are s very lucky club to be able to recruit Lennon without having to pay compensation. Compensation which they most certainly have the means to pay.

Montford
26-05-2019, 10:04 AM

Today was the endgame. Getting the job full time at Celtic again
This was pre-planned from at least December 2018
I suspect it was, initially, ordained for the summer of last year. Hence the hysterics after the defeat at Tynecastle. Only for him to sheepishly come back into the fold after Rogers proposed move to a EPL outfit didn’t materialise.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2019, 10:12 AM

P - 33
W - 26
D - 3
L - 4
GF - 80
GA - 13
GD - +67
Win % - 78%

With Lennon:

P - 14
W - 10
D - 3
L - 1
GF - 20
GA - 6
GD - +14
Win % - 71%

11 of those 14 games were against top 6 teams, one was a cup final and the one they lost was at Ibrox the week after they won the league, so the comparison isn't a good one.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2019, 10:14 AM
I suspect it was, initially, ordained for the summer of last year. Hence the hysterics after the defeat at Tynecastle. Only for him to sheepishly come back into the fold after Rogers proposed move to a EPL outfit didn’t materialise.

I believe he was about to take a job abroad when Celtc came calling.

None of this was planned, but conspiracies are just too damn sexy to be dismissed.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2019, 10:15 AM
Celtc weren't as good this year as they were last, but that was the case under Rodgers.

Lennon only lost one game, to The Rangers at Ibrox, and that was the week after the league had been won.

It's incredible how fans who have no involvement in football other than supporting one team, know that a man who has had success at the highest levels, both as a player and manager, is bad at their job, while those immersed in the sport can't see it.

Does being immersed in the sport make you immune to bad decision making?

Terry Butcher and Colin Calderwood at Hibs, Berti Vogts and Alex McLeish for Scotland, Ian Cathro at Hearts, Pedro Caixihna at Rangers and countless other appointments suggests otherwise.

Lennon may well be a success at Celtic this time around but if his performance is comparable to the last time he was there then their fans will judge it a bad decision and understandably so.

H18S NX
26-05-2019, 10:20 AM
I suspect it was, initially, ordained for the summer of last year. Hence the hysterics after the defeat at Tynecastle. Only for him to sheepishly come back into the fold after Rogers proposed move to a EPL outfit didn’t materialise....My feelings exactly,well said m8.:aok:

Hibbyradge
26-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Does being immersed in the sport make you immune to bad decision making?

Terry Butcher and Colin Calderwood at Hibs, Berti Vogts and Alex McLeish for Scotland, Ian Cathro at Hearts, Pedro Caixihna at Rangers and countless other appointments suggests otherwise.

Lennon may well be a success at Celtic this time around but if his performance is comparable to the last time he was there then their fans will judge it a bad decision and understandably so.

No it doesn't, but when club after club, including Hibs who, since LD arrived, have a good record of managerial appointments, are making the same decision, they can't all be wrong.

I don't know if Lennon will be a success next year or not, but dismissing him as a failure before he's put his own mark on his team is daft, imo.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2019, 10:33 AM
11 of those 14 games were against top 6 teams, one was a cup final and the one they lost was at Ibrox the week after they won the league, so the comparison isn't a good one.

Against top 6 (all competitions).

Rodgers:

P - 14
W - 10
D - 0
L - 4
GF - 28
GA - 11
GD - +17
Win % - 71%
Average goals per game - 2

Lennon -

P - 11
W - 8
D - 2
L - 1
GF - 17
GA - 5
GD - +12
Win % - 72%
Average goals per game - 1.5

I stand by my analysis that Celtic flatlined under Lennon but found it harder to score. It's worth noting that when you factor in games against the bottom 6 Rodgers goals per game jumps up to 2.42 but Lennon's gets worse, dropping to 1.42.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Against top 6(all competition.

Rodgers:

P - 14
W - 10
D - 0
L - 4
GF - 28
GA - 11
GD - +17
Win % - 71%
Average goals per game - 2

Lennon -

P - 11
W - 8
D - 2
L - 1
GF - 17
GA - 5
GD - +12
Win % - 72%
Average goals per game - 1.5

I stand by my analysis that Celtic flatlined under Lennon but found it harder to score. It's worth noting that when you factor in games against the bottom 6 Rodgers goals per game jumps up to 2.42 but Lennon's gets worse, dropping to 1.42.

Rodgers had Griffiths to pick until December.

When he took his time out, Celtic were left with only one experienced striker, Edouard, and they failed to sign anyone in January.

Griffiths has returned to the first team squad now, I believe, and I'm sure Celtc will bring in at least one more goal scorer.

I've absolutely no idea why I'm taking such an interest in all this. :hilarious

NAE NOOKIE
26-05-2019, 12:41 PM
The guy who scored both goals cost Celtic £9,000,000 and they brought on a sub who cost them £4,000,000 In the last 20 years I doubt Hibs total transfer spending has reached £13,000,000 or anywhere near it and that goes for every other club in Scotland outwith Sevco.

Fair play to the Celtic players, you have to play to the standard the club have paid to get. But I have no regard for the 'achievement' of any manager who is successful with them when such a massive financial disparity exists between Celtic and the rest and that includes Neil Lennon.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2019, 01:47 PM
We should keep in with Lennon, lots of players due to leave Celtic, you never know if one or two could end up at Hibs?

The 90+2
26-05-2019, 01:49 PM
We should keep in with Lennon, lots of players due to leave Celtic, you never know if one or two could end up at Hibs?

I’ve a feeling he will make Marciano a priority. Bain is hopeless.

Bishop Hibee
26-05-2019, 02:00 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised. Marciano’s form was excellent for the last half of the season. I hope I’m wrong.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2019, 02:08 PM

Did Lennon sign Rocky for Hibs, think so but can’t remember eber

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2019, 02:15 PM
He did but he also signed Bain for Hibs

Sir David Gray
26-05-2019, 02:15 PM

Yes.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2019, 02:17 PM
He did but he also signed Bain for Hibs

He did on loan, as back up to Rocky

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2019, 02:40 PM
He did on loan, as back up to Rocky
Yes I remember, he also signed Marciano on loan initially.

The point is Lennon obviously likes Bain because he went to the effort of signing him already.

The 90+2
26-05-2019, 02:42 PM

Yeah, he’s also got previous with the agent of Rocky Ambrose Biton and others.

HoboHarry
I doubt that Lennon is going to be looking in our direction much - he has the whole world to look at provided they open the biscuit tin.....

The 90+2
Yes I remember, he also signed Marciano on loan initially.

The point is Lennon obviously likes Bain because he went to the effort of signing him already.

Bain was back up. Could be the same next season.

My_Wife_Camille
26-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Bain was back up. Could be the same next season.
Back up or competition?

ancient hibee
26-05-2019, 03:39 PM

I love fairy stories on a Sunday afternoon.

hibbiedon
27-05-2019, 05:13 AM

Unless you count how much he has spent and the wages they can offer.

Brizo
27-05-2019, 05:59 AM
Correct! Wierd how there's so many Hibs fans having a pop at NL. He had one of the best win ratios of a Hibs Manager in his time, and we played some great football under him last season and early this season. Just read that he's also got a better win ratio with Celtic than Brendan Rodgers.

Not so sure his permanent appointment is as good news for Rangers as others seem to think. Celtic were on the slide under Rodgers long before NL took over.

:agree:

I view NL as having been one of our better managers and the football served up for a large part of that time really entertaining.

Probably both a cheap and safe pair of hands for Celtc as they move towards their tedious quest for 10 in a row. However i think it will also motivate the huns in their own tedious quest to stop 10 in a row.

JimBHibees
27-05-2019, 06:09 AM
You also have to say that Celtc are s very lucky club to be able to recruit Lennon without having to pay compensation. Compensation which they most certainly have the means to pay.

Almost too lucky I think. Has worked out for them that is for sure.