PDA

View Full Version : Allen Orman/Dider Agathe Belters

thorbs
23-05-2019, 06:54 AM
A video I watched on YouTube this morning on the lav of "Top 5 spectacular goals that you probably won't remember!" and there's a belter from Allen Orman and an absolute worldy from Didier Agathe.
Worth a look.

https://youtu.be/jgJNtspn-ys (https://youtu.be/jgJNtspn-ys)

PatHead
23-05-2019, 07:32 AM
Some great goals. Surely the last one was against Dundee though?

James70
23-05-2019, 07:36 AM
Yes, it was Dundee.

lyonhibs
23-05-2019, 07:50 AM
A video I watched on YouTube this morning on the lav of "Top 5 spectacular goals that you probably won't remember!" and there's a belter from Allen Orman and an absolute worldy from Didier Agathe.
Worth a look.

https://youtu.be/jgJNtspn-ys (https://youtu.be/jgJNtspn-ys)

The Agathe one sticks long in this memory. I remember calling for a foul about 3 times (which was in fact the case) but he just kept going. Didn't we cuff them that day, with him scoring another worldy and them getting a couple of players sent off? Back in the days of Dundee having a right United Nations of a team which led to some madcap games - loads of 2-2 draws if I'm not wrong.

A 3 month contract for Agathe too :rolleyes: We really don't help ourselves at times.

Keith_M
23-05-2019, 07:54 AM
He used to get quite a bit of stick from some but I liked Alen Orman.

He always gave 100%, even with a major illness to cope with.

Incidentally, friends of mine saw him playing for their local club, Dynamo Dresden, after he left Hibs.

we are hibs
23-05-2019, 08:30 AM
The Agathe one sticks long in this memory. I remember calling for a foul about 3 times (which was in fact the case) but he just kept going. Didn't we cuff them that day, with him scoring another worldy and them getting a couple of players sent off? Back in the days of Dundee having a right United Nations of a team which led to some madcap games - loads of 2-2 draws if I'm not wrong.

A 3 month contract for Agathe too :rolleyes: We really don't help ourselves at times.

I thought we drew that Agathe game 4-4?

Hibbyradge
23-05-2019, 08:35 AM

We beat them 5-1 the day Agathe scored that goal. He got 2, as you say.

I was in the old Rangers stand amongst the most vile bunch of sub-humans you could ever encounter for the Orman goal.

I'd accepted hospitality from a tame Hun who used to post on here, but it was a mistake. Sitting on my hands when firstly, Hibs took the lead, then having lost 2 goals, Orman smashed in that equaliser, was probably the most difficult, but sensible, thing I've ever done at a football match.

Hibbyradge
23-05-2019, 08:37 AM

5-1 to Hibs.

Baader
23-05-2019, 08:58 AM
5-1 to Hibs.

Remember that Dundee game and Agathe scoring that goal in a good win. Used to really enjoy Hibs v Dundee as a fixture. Often a lot of goals and we usually beat them. The match at Dens with Franck getting two and Zitelli an overhead kick was another classic.

MWHIBBIES
23-05-2019, 09:03 AM

The 4-4 game was years after that.

Stevie Reid
23-05-2019, 09:10 AM

4-4 game was the second home league match under Mowbray - we were 4-1 up and Deek had an amazing volley wrongly ruled out for offside after that. Dundee pulled a goal back for 4-2 and then battered us after that.

I was at Tannadice for the game that Hannah scored in. We absolutely battered them that day, Hannah's goal was a ridiculous strike. Utd truly were a one man team back then, absolutely everything went through Billy Dodds. Their whole season collapsed when he was sold to Rangers, they dropped from 3rd to near relegation.

brog
23-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Remember that Dundee game and Agathe scoring that goal in a good win. Used to really enjoy Hibs v Dundee as a fixture. Often a lot of goals and we usually beat them. The match at Dens with Franck getting two and Zitelli an overhead kick was another classic.

The 5-1 game was a classic, Dundee were riding high & had p, brought a big support & had players like Nemsadze & Caballero in their team. IIRC Dundee took the lead then we had Agathe's worldy. Latapy then missed a pen, Caballero was sent off & we scored 3 goals in the last 10 mins, all from our subs! The Zitelli overhead kick was a different game from the Franck 4-3 game though. Dirk & a very young Kenny Miller scored the others.

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 11:00 AM

They scored first. A peach from Caballero top bin North stand.

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 11:01 AM
The 5-1 game was a classic, Dundee were riding high & had p, brought a big support & had players like Nemsadze & Caballero in their team. IIRC Dundee took the lead then we had Agathe's worldy. Latapy then missed a pen, Caballero was sent off & we scored 3 goals in the last 10 mins, all from our subs! The Zitelli overhead kick was a different game from the Franck 4-3 game though. Dirk & a very young Kenny Miller scored the others.

Zitelli overhead kick was 2-1 dens bonfire night Steven Tweed scores for them.

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 11:02 AM
The 4-4 game was years after that.

Wasn’t that the game Deeks scored a beauty and it was incorrectly filled offside?

Onceinawhile
23-05-2019, 11:20 AM

Aye, the overhead kick game was 2-0.

4-3 game was, as you said a different one. KM getting a last minute winner. Remember travelling up to Dundee in the boot of a car for it. Luckily it was a Seat Toledo and the boot was massive.

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Aye, the overhead kick game was 2-0.

4-3 game was, as you said a different one. KM getting a last minute winner. Remember travelling up to Dundee in the boot of a car for it. Luckily it was a Seat Toledo and the boot was massive.

Overhead kick was 100% 2-1. I think John O’Neil scored very early Steven Tweed equalised with about 10 left and Zitelli scored the winner. Sunday bonfire night. 4-3 was about a year before it.

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Surprised the De La Cruz wonder strike against Hertz was not featured, so here it is:

https://youtu.be/DdJOEkE6520

PatHead
23-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Surprised the De La Cruz wonder strike against Hertz was not featured, so here it is:

https://youtu.be/DdJOEkE6520

Notice Hearts fans boycotted that game as well. We're they on a bad run at the time?

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Tam McManus scored belters at both Ibrox and Parkhead. Zitelli at Motherwell and Deeks against Celtic worldys too.

micka_weer
23-05-2019, 01:19 PM
👍🏼

Stevie Reid
23-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Tam McManus scored belters at both Ibrox and Parkhead. Zitelli at Motherwell and Deeks against Celtic worldys too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by59HSSGOlE

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 02:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by59HSSGOlE

Thanks! Was there that day. I think we may have missed a penalty right before half time.

DetroitHibs
23-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Was never caught on camera, had to be there. Anyone see Darren Jackson's goal against Northern Ireland B at Easter Road? An absolute peach, Pat McGinlay also grabbed a goal.

Peevemor
23-05-2019, 03:20 PM
Was never caught on camera, had to be there. Anyone see Darren Jackson's goal against Northern Ireland B at Easter Road? An absolute peach, Pat McGinlay also grabbed a goal.

Was it a half-volley on the tun from 20+ yds (maybe I'm thinking of a different goal)?

DetroitHibs
23-05-2019, 04:05 PM
Was it a half-volley on the tun from 20+ yds (maybe I'm thinking of a different goal)?

Thats the belter :thumbsup: Absolute Wonder goal.

ValleyHibee
23-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Michael O'Neill scored some belters,Volleys at ER v Pars,Motherwell and a screamer v huns at ibrox.

Peevemor
23-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Thats the belter [emoji106] Absolute Wonder goal.Memory's a strange thing. Sometimes I struggle to remember what day it is but I can still picture a goal from a meaningless match 20 odd years ago.

Shrekko
23-05-2019, 09:16 PM
Pat didn’t ... Steven Tweed did.

OstKurve Hibs
23-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Love how agathe stays on his feet. Most players now woulda hit the deck at some point in that run

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Love how agathe stays on his feet. Most players now woulda hit the deck at some point in that run

He started doing that when he moved West. If only he didn’t stumble at Tynie the week before too.

Peevemor
23-05-2019, 09:54 PM
Pat didn’t ... Steven Tweed did.Correct. Tweed had a superb game that night.

Steve-O
24-05-2019, 02:19 AM
Thanks! Was there that day. I think we may have missed a penalty right before half time.

Think the penalty, by McManus, was just after half time and would've put us 3-2 up, or back to 3-3. Ended up losing 5-2! I was also there, one of many batterings I witnessed at Ibrox until breaking my personal duck in August 2005...

DetroitHibs
24-05-2019, 02:37 AM
Pat didn’t ... Steven Tweed did.

Yep your right! I knew we had three players on the pitch and two scored. I think Pat almost scrambled one in from the six yard box but it was blocked. Right in front of the old Cowshed.

The 90+2
24-05-2019, 08:39 AM
Think the penalty, by McManus, was just after half time and would've put us 3-2 up, or back to 3-3. Ended up losing 5-2! I was also there, one of many batterings I witnessed at Ibrox until breaking my personal duck in August 2005...

If August 2005 was the Ivan hat-trick I was in completely the same boat 😁

Think you are right re 5-2. We went 1 up then Mcmanus made it 2-1.

Stevie Reid
24-05-2019, 08:41 AM
If August 2005 was the Ivan hat-trick I was in completely the same boat 😁

Think you are right re 5-2. We went 1 up then Mcmanus made it 2-1.

All correct. I'd forgotten about the missed pen:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3171871.stm

Sammy7nil
25-05-2019, 06:53 AM
Some great goals. Surely the last one was against Dundee though?

I was there but I am surprised by the size of the away crowd in that clip.

Nicho87
25-05-2019, 07:26 AM
Pat McGinlay scores from just inside his own half, 4-0 at home to killie I’m sure