PDA

View Full Version : Heckinbottom for Middlesbrough?

AngloHibs
22-05-2019, 08:28 PM
3/1 second favourite with Sky Bet to be next Boro manager.
Hopefully rubbish, but has anyone any idea where this has come from? Middlesbrough don't approach managers who are already contracted to other clubs - surely PH isn't touting himself for different jobs?

CallumLaidlaw
22-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Apparently a single large bet was placed on him to put him to second favourite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShetlandHibby
22-05-2019, 08:39 PM
Wasn’t even in the betting this morning

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-05-2019, 08:42 PM
3/1 second favourite with Sky Bet to be next Boro manager.
Hopefully rubbish, but has anyone any idea where this has come from? Middlesbrough don't approach managers who are already contracted to other clubs - surely PH isn't touting himself for different jobs?

Bag of sweeties?

SouthMoroccoStu
22-05-2019, 08:49 PM
McInnes must be in the running for it

John Terry was also mentioned

we are hibs
22-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Bit weird hes came into the betting that heavily. But remember Appleton was 1/7 For the hibs job at one stage.

bingo70
22-05-2019, 08:53 PM
Was he not linked with the Boro job while he was at Barnsley?

Don’t know why but I seem to remember him having some link with them?

If he was interviewed previously it might explain why he’s being spoken about again now.

Vini1875
22-05-2019, 08:54 PM
PH has done well for a very short period. Surely if English clubs are looking at SPFL managers then McInnes must the one most likely to move and NL will be free in the summer.

H18 SFR
22-05-2019, 09:01 PM
PH has done well for a very short period. Surely if English clubs are looking at SPFL managers then McInnes must the one most likely to move and NL will be free in the summer.

Pulls got hounded out for the style of football he played, McInnes surely won't get that gig?

Souter96Mac
22-05-2019, 09:14 PM
No way Hecky is going to Boro

Smartie
22-05-2019, 10:08 PM
If they were genuinely interested we wouldn't see him for dust.

Stuart93
22-05-2019, 10:17 PM

Could you imagine, that would be a right boot in the collective stanes

MagicSwirlingShip
22-05-2019, 10:35 PM
Pulls got hounded out for the style of football he played, McInnes surely won't get that gig?

Pulis was hounded out for not making the playoffs.

sambajustice
22-05-2019, 10:37 PM

Decent compo though surely. And right at the end of the season, plenty time for someone else to come in and work with the team the whole pre season and bring in their own players!

heretoday
23-05-2019, 12:14 AM
If Heck went who the hell would we get?

sauzee=legend
23-05-2019, 12:53 AM

Celtic manager - Neil Lennon 😂

HoboHarry
23-05-2019, 02:46 AM

Michael Appleton? 😁

Since452
23-05-2019, 06:13 AM
After his Leeds experience i can't see Hecky jumping ship just yet

Carheenlea
23-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Why does Craig Levein never feature on management candidates lists? Can appreciate he is probably too big a name for the Boro job.

Golden Bear
23-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Heckie is not even quoted on this list:-

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-middlesbrough-manager-betting-odds-16297709

Diclonius
23-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Waiting patiently on some new poster showing us a picture of Hecky meeting Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson and asking "Hey do you know what's going on here as it looks like your manager is speaking to the chairman?", before changing his tone to "He WILL join our club and it is FACT, you CANNOT stop this it is INEVITABLE" within a few days, then disappearing when it doesn't happen.

Anyone? :dunno:

Smartie
23-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Waiting patiently on some new poster showing us a picture of Hecky meeting Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson and asking "Hey do you know what's going on here as it looks like your manager is speaking to the chairman?", before changing his tone to "He WILL join our club and it is FACT, you CANNOT stop this it is INEVITABLE" within a few days, then disappearing when it doesn't happen.

Anyone? :dunno:

Sherbet straws please.

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2019, 09:51 AM

Just appoint a caretaker and keep him in place to await Steve Clarke's inevitable sacking from the Scotland job :greengrin

brog
23-05-2019, 09:51 AM

Not sure that's true. Even if he was interested, he would have to weigh up the impact this could have on his future prospects. He was unemployed for over 8 months before getting our job. Jumping ship after 3 months wouldn't look good on his cv. Apart from which, have you ever been to Middlesbrough? :wink:

J-C
23-05-2019, 10:01 AM
Not sure that's true. Even if he was interested, he would have to weigh up the impact this could have on his future prospects. He was unemployed for over 8 months before getting our job. Jumping ship after 3 months wouldn't look good on his cv. Apart from which, have you ever been to Middlesbrough? :wink:

This

It wouldn't make him look good at all, no one could trust him to see out the job if his head was turned at every opportunity.

Smartie
23-05-2019, 10:04 AM

It's a decent job at a decent club.

He'd get paid significantly more, have decent backing and a chance to get into the premier league - pretty much the holy grail of football achievement these days.

His assistant might have an interest there too.

Even if it means living in a giant chemical plant full of nutters.

Souter96Mac
23-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Hecky has now dropped down to 3rd favourite

23-05-2019, 11:03 AM
Hecky has now dropped down to 3rd favourite

Behind Levein and Appleton?

Pilrig_Sauzee
23-05-2019, 11:14 AM
Showed the thread to two Boro lads in my work. Got the following responses?

1. Who?
2. When we said we want a big name that's not what we meant.
3. You're right about the chemicals and the nutters.

So I think he's staying.

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 11:14 AM
They will go for a big-ish name.

23-05-2019, 11:50 AM
In the EEN now. Getting half their stories from fans' forums (or should that be fora) as usual.

hibbyfraelibby
23-05-2019, 12:18 PM
This is about betting not facts. Some bookie has opened a book on the new Middlesborough manager. Two guys have placed a bet one for a quid the other a fiver. Because the fiver was a punt on Hecky everyone thinks he's quids in

Bettings a mugs game and those who think its factual are the mugs.

hfc rd
23-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Chris Hughton most likely

Billy Whizz
23-05-2019, 12:38 PM

Or a long-ish

allezsauzee
23-05-2019, 12:41 PM
you should remember that the bookies don't actually want you to bet on whoever gets the job so will put as many red herrings in the market as possible. Another ploy they have is to drastically cut the odds as though "in the know" money is going on that person.

J-C
23-05-2019, 01:54 PM
BBC England saying John Terry being interviewed

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 02:01 PM
BBC England saying John Terry being interviewed

I hope they don’t ask him the alphabet.

The 90+2
23-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Or a long-ish

This guy?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Vennegoor_of_Hesselink

CyberSauzee
23-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Jonathan Woodgate now favourite. Hecky not even listed .

Here’s Lucy!
23-05-2019, 04:46 PM
No way Hecky is going to Boro

How so sure?

erin go bragh
23-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Decent compo though surely. And right at the end of the season, plenty time for someone else to come in and work with the team the whole pre season and bring in their own players!

Celtic got 9m for Rodgers 😉

Viva_Palmeiras
24-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Shameless promotion for the betting companies...

GreenLake
24-05-2019, 03:16 PM

Robbie Van Persie as player/coach

Here’s Lucy!
24-05-2019, 04:12 PM

There's not a much bigger name than Heckingbottom!!

Jan Venegoor of Hesselink?

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Apparently a single large bet was placed on him to put him to second favourite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the bet wasn't made by a Mr P Heckingbottom!

bingo70
24-05-2019, 07:56 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-16192751

The Guardian suggesting it might be more than just the bookies being mischievous.

(I know the link is the daily record but it’s a gossip column and they are reporting what the guardian are saying, thought I better clarify that for those that don’t like opening those links)

supermcginn
24-05-2019, 08:00 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-16192751

The Guardian suggesting it might be more than just the bookies being mischievous.

(I know the link is the daily record but it’s a gossip column and they are reporting what the guardian are saying, thought I better clarify that for those that don’t like opening those links)

No smoke without fire. It's a big job, couldn't blame him if he goes.

allezsauzee
24-05-2019, 08:13 PM

The good news is that going by the response on social media, most Boro fans are judging Hecky by the 3 months he got to turn around a falling apart Leeds United.

bingo70
24-05-2019, 08:15 PM

I don’t think that phrase is true any more tbh.

I also don’t agree with the last part either but can understand why you would think that.

angus hibby
24-05-2019, 10:18 PM
Journalist Alan Nixon saying on Twitter he’s not being considered.

Mibbes Aye
24-05-2019, 10:32 PM

I read the Guardian article earlier and was going to post.

It was by an English journalist, not Ewen Murray who sometimes gives them reports, and I treat the English writers with a bit more credence as they have no real interest in reporting anything other than what is factual about a club like Hibs.

I think the reporter said Jovanovic (sp?) had already been interviewed and Woodgate and Terry were also of interest. The writer acknowledged Gibson was aware of Heck. The overarching point was that Gibson seems to prefer young, ambitious managers with a point to prove and a knowledge of the league they are in and where to pick up players. I guess that probably applies to all four of them but my interpretation was that Jova and Woodgate had experience, Terry less so but I can see how some would read him as having leadership material and Heck sort of knowing the leagues and fitting the profile.

The article read like Jova and Woodgate were the front runners, Heck an outsider and Terry either an outsider or a bit of stardust to liven the article up.

hibs#1
25-05-2019, 05:54 AM
Ex Fulham manager confirmed.

Jim44
25-05-2019, 06:08 AM

Jokanović?

Bangkok Hibby
25-05-2019, 06:41 AM

I also don’t agree with the last part either but can understand why you would think that.

No it's certainly not. Just like "a picture never lies"

In the internet age it's often impossible to tell what has any basis in fact.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-05-2019, 06:46 AM

I agree In the maelstrom of internet noise, windups, agendas and fake news makes that phrase redundant.

Golden Bear
25-05-2019, 08:04 AM
The trouble is it's difficult to distinguish between genuine information and scurrilous rumours.

Maybe on this occasion the sole intention of this "rumour" was to put Heckie's name out there and alert others that he's a possible candidate for future job vacancies. If Heckie is a success story at Hibernian FC then he will be sought after by Clubs with a bigger budget than ours and that is a fact of life.

However it does seem very early for him to be associated with other Clubs in his fledgling Managerial career with us . Or am I being paranoid?

The_Horde
25-05-2019, 08:31 AM
The trouble is it's difficult to distinguish between genuine information and scurrilous rumours.

Maybe on this occasion the sole intention of this "rumour" was to put Heckie's name out there and alert others that he's a possible candidate for future job vacancies. If Heckie is a success story at Hibernian FC then he will be sought after by Clubs with a bigger budget than ours and that is a fact of life.

However it does seem very early for him to be associated with other Clubs in his fledgling Managerial career with us . Or am I being paranoid?

My bet is it's rubbish. Hecky hasn't done anywhere near enough to redeem himself and unless there's significant improvement in us next season he won't be going anywhere for some time.

Bookies odds mean nowt. Didn't the 400 times this happened with Lennon teach anyone anything?

Hibbyradge
25-05-2019, 08:42 AM
In the EEN now. Getting half their stories from fans' forums (or should that be fora) as usual.

Fora!

Excellent. :hilarious :thumbsup:

Hibernian32
25-05-2019, 08:56 AM
It does make me think though, say we are 3rd possibly 2nd a few points behind Celtic at October/Novemeber time and a championship club is lurking near the relegation zone and sack the manager he will more than likely do a Stubbs.

Hibbyradge
25-05-2019, 09:15 AM
It does make me think though, say we are 3rd possibly 2nd a few points behind Celtic at October/Novemeber time and a championship club is lurking near the relegation zone and sack the manager he will more than likely do a Stubbs.

That applies to every manager we will ever hire, and to every player.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2019, 09:36 AM

Confirmed where?

Hibernian32
25-05-2019, 10:06 AM
That applies to every manager we will ever hire, and to every player.
Not really, I'm looking at the length he's been here, Stubbs stayed a while so did lennon.

He wouldn't have seen through 1 season as a manger at Hibs or Leeds

Keith_M
25-05-2019, 10:20 AM
I heard Real Madrid wanted him as their new head coach.

Note to self: Stop listening to the voices in your head

Eyrie
26-05-2019, 12:06 PM
I'm assuming Levein will get the job after yesterday's stunning performance against the odds.

BoomtownHibees
26-05-2019, 12:13 PM
Not really, I'm looking at the length he's been here, Stubbs stayed a while so did lennon.

He wouldn't have seen through 1 season as a manger at Hibs or Leeds

It only happened with them as no other clubs came in for them. The scenario you described in your previous posts would more than likely happen with every manager we ever have

FilipinoHibs
26-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Showed the thread to two Boro lads in my work. Got the following responses?

1. Who?
2. When we said we want a big name that's not what we meant.
3. You're right about the chemicals and the nutters.

So I think he's staying.

Yup scarest place I have ever been too