PDA

View Full Version : Rule changes for next Season

Golden Bear
20-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Some interesting ones which will "promote" debate!

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/rule-changes-affect-every-club-16301112?utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR00E_vKTzspIqhBOdwbA0grqMsu9Ckf5d5rwj9U9 1mmTUPs2Iv2X09O6SQ

wookie70
20-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Quite like some of those. Not sure about the handball one as most players will have hands above shoulder height when jumping and that is a natural position to me. The subs one is a good one as is the goal kick one but the best is the penalty one if policed.. At last it looks like football is trying to promote positive play. I'd love to see a team foul penalty like basketball brought in to stop teams like Aberdeen and Hearts taking turns to foul the opposition. 10 fouls a yellow team card and 15 a red meaning a player has to be removed for a period of time.

Peevemor
20-05-2019, 04:51 PM
"There is no legitimate tactical justification for attackers to be in the ‘wall’ and their presence is against the ‘spirit of the game’ and often damages the image of the game."

Does anyone else disagree with this?

SJNB Hibby
20-05-2019, 04:54 PM
"There is no legitimate tactical justification for attackers to be in the ‘wall’ and their presence is against the ‘spirit of the game’ and often damages the image of the game."

Does anyone else disagree with this?

It's wierd, and someone define where the wall ends---and if an attacker is 2 yards in front of the wall, surely thats not IN the wall.
I dont understand why this has been changed---who's been campaigning for it?

Oscar T Grouch
20-05-2019, 05:22 PM
Id have liked to have seen a rule where if a player stands in front of a free kick then its an automatic booking. It rips my knitting when players do this to slow down the team taking the free kick. If a free kick is awarded and the opposition player is not moving away from the ball to 10 yards or moves towards the player taking the kick they should be booked. Just now a player has to kick the ball into the player before they are booked and many won't risk that in case the ref doesn't see it.

ancient hibee
20-05-2019, 05:25 PM
I have frequently seen the ref yellow/red card a player after allowing a move to develop.So I don’t see how they think this is a rule change.

SChibs
20-05-2019, 06:10 PM
The drop ball rule is strange. Why make it 4.5 yards rather than just 5 yards away?

Also the handball bit says it is a foul if your body gets bigger from the ball hitting your hand or arm. Why does it matter how big your body is after the ball has hit it?

Nicho87
20-05-2019, 06:17 PM
So basically the sub rule won’t apply to rangers, Celtic, hearts and potentially Aberdeen games. Players will exploit this every game claiming not feel safe going off.

Onceinawhile
20-05-2019, 06:22 PM
I have frequently seen the ref yellow/red card a player after allowing a move to develop.So I don’t see how they think this is a rule change.

If its a red card offence the game needs to stop immediately.

Peevemor
20-05-2019, 06:52 PM
The drop ball rule is strange. Why make it 4.5 yards rather than just 5 yards away?

Also the handball bit says it is a foul if your body gets bigger from the ball hitting your hand or arm. Why does it matter how big your body is after the ball has hit it?4.5yds is almost exactly 4m, probably comes from that. Why 4m though....

Sir David Gray
20-05-2019, 06:57 PM

I've seen players booked but I've never seen a player sent off after the referee playing advantage.

Hibbyradge
20-05-2019, 07:12 PM
I've seen players booked but I've never seen a player sent off after the referee playing advantage.

Second yellows?

Rocky
20-05-2019, 10:32 PM

That's after playing advantage. The change means they can hold off on issuing a card to allow a quick free kick to be taken.

Phil MaGlass
21-05-2019, 05:25 AM
Id have liked to have seen a rule where if a player stands in front of a free kick then its an automatic booking. It rips my knitting when players do this to slow down the team taking the free kick. If a free kick is awarded and the opposition player is not moving away from the ball to 10 yards or moves towards the player taking the kick they should be booked. Just now a player has to kick the ball into the player before they are booked and many won't risk that in case the ref doesn't see it.

This, also surprised not to see, "The Rangers will be awarded a minimum of 2 penalties per game and "Fergie time" if not winning after 90 mins".
Hearts will be allowed rotational fouling until their goalkeeper has also committed a foul and that will be the signal to then award yellows.

greenlad
21-05-2019, 05:35 AM
Id have liked to have seen a rule where if a player stands in front of a free kick then its an automatic booking. It rips my knitting when players do this to slow down the team taking the free kick.

This, and the whole "picking up the ball and throwing it 20 feet in the air back to the opposition", also stopping a quick free kick. Automatic yellow card and zero tolerance would wipe it out overnight.

Mixu62
21-05-2019, 05:36 AM
What if the player the ref was about to red card makes a goal line clearance preventing a goal from the quickly taken free-kick? Does he have to allow the goal? Rhetorical question, I know they won't.

MWHIBBIES
21-05-2019, 06:19 AM

Never ever seen advantage then a red card. Play stops immediately for a red card (or 2nd yellow). Got a video of any time that's actually happened?

lyonhibs
21-05-2019, 06:30 AM
All rather immaterial for big games in Scotland as the refs and linos will continue to make it up as they go along on a weekly basis as they have since records began.

jakedance
21-05-2019, 06:35 AM
Looking forward to seeing folk in the stands going mental next season because they don’t understand the new laws. These seems sensible enough.

I’d like to see something in to allow referees to play advantage for longer before pulling play back for a free kick. I’d also like to make the radical proposal that Scottish referees enforce the new and existing laws of the game consistently.

danhibees1875
21-05-2019, 06:39 AM
What if the player the ref was about to red card makes a goal line clearance preventing a goal from the quickly taken free-kick? Does he have to allow the goal? Rhetorical question, I know they won't.

I know you know the answer to yours, but equally the defending team could win the ball back and the player could score before being sent off. :dunno:

It's unlikely, but it will happen at some point.

malcolm
21-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Also the handball bit says it is a foul if your body gets bigger from the ball hitting your hand or arm. Why does it matter how big your body is after the ball has hit it?
Is it not your body’s effective profile, as in a hand say blocking your own jewels in front of your body that the ball hits does not make the body bigger but a hand held to the side does make the profile of the body bigger/wider and so the ball hitting it is penalised. The former might have felt penal too😉

Hibbyradge
21-05-2019, 08:16 AM
I know you know the answer to yours, but equally the defending team could win the ball back and the player could score before being sent off. :dunno:

It's unlikely, but it will happen at some point.

That's the risk the attacking team takes if it wants the quick free kick.

I don't think it will happen very often. Usually if it's a yellow or red card offence, there's a player rolling about making sure the ref knows to book the other player.

Sylar
21-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Only in football could players need to leave the field at a designated point for safety reasons :rolleyes:

A pointless rule. Surely the referee just stops his watch until the player eventually exits and adds it on at the end? Ergo, it won't matter how long it takes for the player to get from the far away corner flag to the normal spot - because the time will be added on anyway?