PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CONFIRMED PLAYER DEPARTURES

RSS Bot
20-05-2019, 04:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9976)

Since90+2
20-05-2019, 04:02 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9976)

That's alot of wages freed up.

Iain G
20-05-2019, 04:03 PM
That's alot of wages freed up.

That's a lot of churn!! :agree:

H18 SFR
20-05-2019, 04:04 PM
A huge number of players leaving regardless of permanent or otherwise.

Ozyhibby
20-05-2019, 04:04 PM
12 players let go, most of them not long here shows that recruitment process needs improvement.
Should be a busy summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibby rae
20-05-2019, 04:05 PM
How many left backs has Lewie seen off during the last 12 years?

S4uzee
20-05-2019, 04:06 PM
12 players let go, most of them not long here shows that recruitment process needs improvement.
Should be a busy summer.

Of the 12 let go, I would only keep 3 of them - Bogdan for cover, mcnulty and Omeonga

Hibbyradge
20-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Wow.

12 from the first team squad and 5 from the Development team.

It should be an interesting summer transfer window.

Speedway
20-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Whittaker stays!

For the time being at least.

Sir David Gray
20-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Whittaker stays!

He still has a year left on his contract.

H18 SFR
20-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Whittaker stays!

Raised an eyebrow myself.

we are hibs
20-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Whittaker stays!

As long as he doesn't play I couldn't care less.

Didn't even know Nelom was still here thought he left with the Greek boy

Sir David Gray
20-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Raised an eyebrow myself.

See above, unlike the rest of those mentioned, Whittaker still has a contract until the end of next season. Him leaving would involve paying him off, possibly to the tune of about £80-100k (Around £2k per week?).

It's not cost effective to do that.

Diclonius
20-05-2019, 04:17 PM
We're going to be signing a lot of players this summer.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2019, 04:18 PM
There's probably about 3 on the list I'm disappointed about.

No disrespect to the others but for some it was time to move on, for others it's a case of improving on what we had.

DaveF
20-05-2019, 04:19 PM
I thought the laddie Donaldson was getting good reviews so slightly surprising to see him go.

Inconsequential
20-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Whittaker stays!

For the time being at least. Still has a year left on his contract. Unless some kind of mutual agreement on the termination of his contract is reached he stays put.

Liberal Hibby
20-05-2019, 04:25 PM
One assumes there's a couple in there (McNulty and Omeonga?) that we'll be looking to sign permanently?

neil7908
20-05-2019, 04:26 PM
It's amazing looking at that list how many players have suffered bad injuries that restricted their involvement. I hope this is just bad luck rather than pointing to any specific issues

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2019, 04:30 PM
One assumes there's a couple in there (McNulty and Omeonga?) that we'll be looking to sign permanently?

still 3 years left on his reading contract, i'm sure they will want some kind of return on their investment

Unseen work
20-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Crazy how many of them have barely kicked a ball but picked up a wage in the process.

Like others have said over the past year or so our recruitment seemed to change with Lennon wanting more experienced players who have played in Europe. Nelom, Mavrias, Milligan, Bogdan etc

Hopefully with Heckingbottom we get back in the grove of signing young exciting prospects who see the club as their future.

Hopefully we don’t see a repeat of this next season, half the players on the list I don’t even know if they’re any good or not?

This leaves us with 14 first team players for next season - we actually have a good amount of quality in there. Horgan, Porteous, Mallan, Kamberi of first season, Boyle and of course the solid back 4 and Ofir.

We have a really good opportunity to really add quality to our squad as we must have freed up some amount of wages. Milligan, Bartley and a couple of the loans would have been on a good wage you would imagine.

The Harp Awakes
20-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Should be a busy summer.

It will be, but I hope for once we focus on signing players outright rather than loanees. The odd loan is fine but Hibs have made far too many short term signings in recent years. There's also a pattern developing where loan players get injured during their time with us due to lack of game time with their parent club.

Every season seems to be a rebuilding job, which isn't good for stability.

The Modfather
20-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Whittaker and Slivka added to that list as well before the summer is out.

Only really gutted to see Omeonga leave from that list. Would be happy with Bogdan and McNulty returning but wouldn’t break the bank for them.

An exiting summer ahead, particularly if our recruitment is more like under it was under Stubbs rather than under Lennon.

Hibbyradge
20-05-2019, 04:55 PM
It will be, but I hope for once we focus on signing players outright rather than loanees. The odd loan is fine but Hibs have made far too many short term signings in recent years. There's also a pattern developing where loan players get injured during their time with us due to lack of game time with their parent club.

Every season seems to be a rebuilding job, which isn't good for stability.

Hecky has already said we'll be looking at loans.

we are hibs
20-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Why is everyone assuming Slivka will leave?

Squealing pig
20-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Let the rebuild commence

BoomtownHibees
20-05-2019, 05:04 PM

Who said that?

Northernhibee
20-05-2019, 05:06 PM
still 3 years left on his reading contract, i'm sure they will want some kind of return on their investment

If he was a free transfer maybe, anything north of 100k then not worth it IMO.

Sir David Gray
20-05-2019, 05:24 PM

Like Whittaker, he also has a year left on his contract. There's no way we're going to be paying him off.

we are hibs
20-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Who said that?

Seems to be a lot of people assuming hes going to leave.

CentreLine
20-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Should be a busy summer.

Not necessarily. We needed cover. We got cover and we didn’t need to use it. Don’t see that as necessarily a failure. Of course there will be failures in amongst signings as well but I just don’t see that as a stick to beat the club with.
Wouldn’t you agree that fifth place, after a disastrous mid season, with a close shout at Euro qualification up to the last couple of weeks is probably a better barometer

Mind you it’s close season and this is definitely the time when there is always a queue of posters with time on their hands and no distractions so critical comment is king. Let the silly season commence 🥴

The 90+2
20-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Like Whittaker, he also has a year left on his contract. There's no way we're going to be paying him off.

Whittaker will be leaving.

ancient hibee
20-05-2019, 05:34 PM
The Milligan departure shows that Hecky is prepared to be hard nosed to get what he wants.

Lee Marvin
20-05-2019, 05:37 PM

Hope you are right! Exciting summer ahead

Since452
20-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Can't wait for this transfer window

Sir David Gray
20-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Unless he takes a pay cut to just terminate his contract, I can't see Hibs agreeing to end his contract early. I also don't see why Whittaker would accept a pay cut to do that, unless he's just desperate to leave and play regular football.

LustForLeith
20-05-2019, 05:45 PM
In the official link it refers to Jonathan Spector as a model professional. Is that because his only contribution at Hibs was to pose for a picture?

stokesmessiah
20-05-2019, 05:46 PM
In the official link it refers to Jonathan Spector as a model professional. Is that because his only contribution at Hibs was to pose for a picture?

Pointless comment

supermcginn
20-05-2019, 05:48 PM

Apart from coming on at tynecastle to see out the win? Lol

Allant1981
20-05-2019, 05:48 PM

That must have taken you ages to come up with that, well done

Just Alf
20-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Hecky has already said we'll be looking at loans.To be fair at the Q&A of Friday he said he'd use loans if he couldn't land his permanent choices as he still wanted to try improving choices for each position... Loans are the fallback position.

Question of course will be how many we end up with!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

neil7908
20-05-2019, 06:11 PM
McNulty will be a tough one to get back but don't see why there is so much ambivalence towards him.

I read he scored something like 8 goals and 5 assists in 17 games. That's a fantastic return.

Getting Boyle back in the team, Allan into midfield and a suitable striker to play alongside him and he'll be a huge player for us.

Sadly can't see it happening.

Ozyhibby
20-05-2019, 06:13 PM
Not necessarily. We needed cover. We got cover and we didn’t need to use it. Don’t see that as necessarily a failure. Of course there will be failures in amongst signings as well but I just don’t see that as a stick to beat the club with.
Wouldn’t you agree that fifth place, after a disastrous mid season, with a close shout at Euro qualification up to the last couple of weeks is probably a better barometer

Mind you it’s close season and this is definitely the time when there is always a queue of posters with time on their hands and no distractions so critical comment is king. Let the silly season commence [emoji3061]

I think the disastrous mid season form was down to poor recruitment. The club agree because they are releasing them all.
I’m not beating the club over it. I just think it should be better.
5th place is par for me, in line with our budget.
Next season I’d like us to do a lot better. I’d like us to do better than Aberdeen and Killie next season. For that to happen our recruitment will have to be a lot better.

Lago
20-05-2019, 06:29 PM
McNulty will be a tough one to get back but don't see why there is so much ambivalence towards him.

I read he scored something like 8 goals and 5 assists in 17 games. That's a fantastic return.

Getting Boyle back in the team, Allan into midfield and a suitable striker to play alongside him and he'll be a huge player for us.

Sadly can't see it happening.
I can't see him coming back to be honest.

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2019, 06:37 PM
It's going to be a busy summer. It's good that decisions are being made early; the manager can concentrate on getting his targets.

MyJo
20-05-2019, 06:44 PM
Hecky wants two players for every position and youth players as back up. Assuming Mackie, Shaw, Murray and Porteous form part of the first team squad and Whittaker leaves we are short by 2 strikers, a winger, a central midfielder, a right back, a centre half and a goalkeeper just to get to that stage.

Jim44
20-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Big clear out so I hope PH is on the ball with players coming in. An interesting article - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/hibs-star-stephane-omeonga-refuses-16300697

Diclonius
20-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Hecky wants two players for every position and youth players as back up.

Stubbs said that too but the squad never approached that size.

Greencore
20-05-2019, 09:57 PM
Surprised we let the Irish striker go, heard he had a decent season on loan.

Criswell
20-05-2019, 11:18 PM
Big clear out so I hope PH is on the ball with players coming in. An interesting article - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/hibs-star-stephane-omeonga-refuses-16300697
Recently read that Genoa have been put up for sale. Not sure if that means anything re Omeonga's future but will watch with interest.

GloryGlory
21-05-2019, 06:26 AM
See above, unlike the rest of those mentioned, Whittaker still has a contract until the end of next season. Him leaving would involve paying him off, possibly to the tune of about £80-100k (Around £2k per week?).

It's not cost effective to do that.

Hope we get him helping out coaching the younger players. He's a good, experienced pro with a lot of knowledge to pass on.

GloryGlory
21-05-2019, 06:27 AM
Recently read that Genoa have been put up for sale. Not sure if that means anything re Omeonga's future but will watch with interest.

Did they get relegated? ISTR reading a few weeks ago that they were flirting with the relegation zone in Serie B.

Hibby Bairn
21-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Minimum of £1/2m of wage and loan costs there I would think.

MWHIBBIES
21-05-2019, 07:58 AM
Stubbs said that too but the squad never approached that size.

Did it not? Definitely a time when Stubbs had a pretty big squad.

Logan - Oxley - Virtanen

Gray/Gunnar

McGregor/Forster

Hanlon/Fontaine

Lewis/?

Fyvie/Bartley

McGeouch/Henderson

Mcginn/Thomson

Keatings/Boyle/Carmichael

Farid/Cummings

Stokes/Dagnall

Also had Stanton, Feruz, Harris, Anier and Martin.

SquashedFrogg
21-05-2019, 07:59 AM
I think the disastrous mid season form was down to poor recruitment. The club agree because they are releasing them all.
Next season I’d like us to do a lot better. I’d like us to do better than Aberdeen and Killie next season. For that to happen our recruitment will have to be a lot better.

Seems like PH has a clear plan/style of play he wants and will recruit accordingly. Hopefully a more specific and less random approach than we've previously seen.

Hibbyradge
21-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Seems like PH has a clear plan/style of play he wants and will recruit accordingly. Hopefully a more specific and less random approach than we've previously seen.

I'm certain that we've said that of every manager we've had since Mowbray.

HoboHarry
21-05-2019, 05:53 PM

The same "poor recruitment" led us back up to 5th place under Heckingbottom. That suggests a coaching issue, not a squad issue....

The 90+2
21-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Unless he takes a pay cut to just terminate his contract, I can't see Hibs agreeing to end his contract early. I also don't see why Whittaker would accept a pay cut to do that, unless he's just desperate to leave and play regular football.

Apparently he’s looking to do more coaching and has been told he’s surplus’

allezsauzee
21-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Did they get relegated? ISTR reading a few weeks ago that they were flirting with the relegation zone in Serie B.

Do we maybe want Genoa to stay up? Stephane is surely much more likely to get a game for them in Serie B? Whatever happens, really want him to come back.

we are hibs
21-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Did it not? Definitely a time when Stubbs had a pretty big squad.

Logan - Oxley - Virtanen

Gray/Gunnar

McGregor/Forster

Hanlon/Fontaine

Lewis/?

Fyvie/Bartley

McGeouch/Henderson

Mcginn/Thomson

Keatings/Boyle/Carmichael

Farid/Cummings

Stokes/Dagnall

Also had Stanton, Feruz, Harris, Anier and Martin.

Stevenson/Eckersley

franck sauzee
21-05-2019, 07:33 PM

1 game to go. They need to beat Fiorentina away and hope Empoli don't beat Inter

21-05-2019, 11:35 PM
Do we maybe want Genoa to stay up? Stephane is surely much more likely to get a game for them in Serie B? Whatever happens, really want him to come back.

Was wondering that myself. They've got 41 players out on loan so maybe they'll want to offload some if they go down.