PDA

View Full Version : Our defence

Diclonius
20-05-2019, 11:37 AM
This season we conceded the least amount of goals in the top flight (39) since 2000-01, when we finished third. It's the lack of taking chances that have let us down.

I know we have an ageing defence and they won't last forever, but that's some testament to their ability.

superfurryhibby
20-05-2019, 12:00 PM
This season we conceded the least amount of goals in the top flight (39) since 2000-01, when we finished third. It's the lack of taking chances that have let us down.

I know we have an ageing defence and they won't last forever, but that's some testament to their ability.

I would also credit Milligan with a strong contribution to our overall defensive strength.

Our clear weaknesses are in the final third. A top quality striker would have made a big difference over the season. Yesterdays games is a case in point. We had plenty of the ball but lacked the guile and movement to exploit this. Allan will supply the ammunition, but we desperately need someone with a good footballing brain to make the most of his creativity.

Aim Here
20-05-2019, 12:37 PM
I would also credit Milligan with a strong contribution to our overall defensive strength.

Our clear weaknesses are in the final third. A top quality striker would have made a big difference over the season. Yesterdays games is a case in point. We had plenty of the ball but lacked the guile and movement to exploit this. Allan will supply the ammunition, but we desperately need someone with a good footballing brain to make the most of his creativity.

Maybe my memory's playing tricks, but I thought Allan and Flo were a good double act last season, in that a lot of their best moments involved each other - maybe it's Scott Allan that's the magic ingredient that will Make Kamberi Barry Again...