PDA

View Full Version : A Royal Team Talk: Tackling Mental Health

Sylar
20-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Anyone else watch this last night?

HRH Prince William, Gareth Southgate, Peter Crouch, Thierry Henry, Jermaine Jenas and Danny Rose all got together with four football fans to openly talk about mental health, not just in the sport, but in general. Tackling the "taboo" of men talking about their feelings.

I know this a complex topic, but to me, it's great to see some of the elite personalities in the sport talking so openly about such a powerful issue. As players/manager, I found it quite telling listening to them talking about the chants and taunts that some of them face from "ruthless" football fans. Fans seem to think, as paying customers, they have some right to be degrading toward opposition players/fans/staff, but it really isn't.

Prince William has lead an incredible role in advocating for mental health awareness amongst the male population, and this was a great conversation to listen to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0005d27/a-royal-team-talk-tackling-mental-health

Well worth a watch.

I'd additionally direct anyone interested in some of the issues/topics to our Mental Health thread we have in the Holy Ground forum - there's some great discussions/advice and support in there, as well as the normal professional outlets such as Breathing Space, Samaritans et al.

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2019, 12:17 PM
I watched it and found it very touching, helpful and insightful.

Power
20-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Decent heads up on this.