PDA

View Full Version : League Home Attendances

The Harp Awakes
19-05-2019, 08:31 PM
Final standings here:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/attendances

Really shows how remarkable Killie's performance has been this season.

Keith_M
19-05-2019, 08:39 PM
So we finished slightly above Hearts and had a slightly larger average attendance.

I bet they go and ruin it now by winning a trophy!

:fuming:

Stuart93
19-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Hamilton’s is a ****ing embarrassment

SChibs
19-05-2019, 10:04 PM
Some achievement by st Johnstone getting such a round number

Roxyhibee
19-05-2019, 10:20 PM

Although I’d agree their attendances definitely belong in the league below when either Dundees or Dunfermline would be much more desirable, it’s surely not Hamilton the club or their fans that are an embarrassment.

They deserve great praise for punching way above their weight as a club with tiny resources every season as do those 2,000 fans going along to support their local team when they could do what the rest of their town does and support one of the uglies, probably from their armchairs - they’re the embarrassment.

SChibs
19-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Although I’d agree their attendances definitely belong in the league below when either Dundees or Dunfermline would be much more desirable, it’s surely not Hamilton the club or their fans that are an embarrassment.

They deserve great praise for punching way above their weight as a club with tiny resources every season as do those 2,000 fans going along to support their local team when they could do what the rest of their town does and support one of the uglies, probably from their armchairs - they’re the embarrassment.

Ceraintly the fans who do then up for them every week dont deserve the abuse

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2019, 10:35 PM
the jamboids will be pure ragin at this

jgl07
19-05-2019, 11:04 PM
the jamboids will be pure ragin at this

All lies.

Scott Wilson and Alan Preston tell us that Hearts sell out Tynecastle every match and have a 20,000 plus capacity stadium.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2019, 11:19 PM
All lies.

Scott Wilson and Alan Preston tell us that Hearts sell out Tynecastle every match and have a 20,000 plus capacity stadium.

i'm no expert but i think what they need to do is build a bigger stadium, make the stands three tier, including the spectacular castle-view one they've been building for the last two years.

build it and they will come, and aw that

Hibernia&Alba
20-05-2019, 12:38 AM
It's so difficult for clubs in Lanarkshire to attract fans away from the Old Firm. It's a thankless task spending your time and money following Accies and other comparable clubs, and they do well just to survive. I have huge respect for folk who live on the doorstep of the Bigot Brothers but follow their local club.

Since452
20-05-2019, 05:35 AM
Would have been more than Hearts last season too if they didn't whore out tickets to Rangers and Aberdeen at Murrayfield. We seem to have a larger support than them these days. This is also with us giving the the Glasgow clubs half a stand earlier this season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-05-2019, 06:24 AM
Dundee and Dundee United are a big loss when you see the numbers at the tail end of the league.

JimBHibees
20-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Would have been more than Hearts last season too if they didn't whore out tickets to Rangers and Aberdeen at Murrayfield. We seem to have a larger support than them these days. This is also with us giving the the Glasgow clubs half a stand earlier this season.

Was that not the season before?

Hibbyradge
20-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Yes. I posted similar above before realising.

Ozyhibby
20-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Even with the 3rd largest support our turnover will be lower than Hearts and Aberdeen because they have higher commercial income. I’m not sure why. They use that to pay higher wages to their players. We are getting 3k more through the gate than Aberdeen and we haven’t been above them for years. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
20-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Even with the 3rd largest support our turnover will be lower than Hearts and Aberdeen because they have higher commercial income. I’m not sure why. They use that to pay higher wages to their players. We are getting 3k more through the gate than Aberdeen and we haven’t been above them for years. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aberdeen will have had a boost due to league position over several seasons gaining them extra financial rewards. However with them now building a new stadium we may see their player staff budget reduced below us next season.

danhibees1875
20-05-2019, 10:56 AM

No, it was last season. (17/18)

AgentDaleCooper
20-05-2019, 11:04 AM
it's great that 2 seasons in a row, we sold more tickets that would have been possible before the east was redeveloped :flag:

shamo9
20-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Aberdeen will have had a boost due to league position over several seasons gaining them extra financial rewards. However with them now building a new stadium we may see their player staff budget reduced below us next season.

They've already stated they'll increase the cash available to the manager this summer (for the seventh season running). The money for the training ground and stadium has been raised 'separately'. They're losing some of their big players though (Shinne, GMS) so if we invest wisely we have a chance to move above them. Fingers crossed.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/boss-to-be-backed-in-summer-window/

Since452
20-05-2019, 11:08 AM
it's great that 2 seasons in a row, we sold more tickets that would have been possible before the east was redeveloped :flag:

Good point. The new stand now looking like money very well spent

jgl07
20-05-2019, 12:18 PM
It's so difficult for clubs in Lanarkshire to attract fans away from the Old Firm. It's a thankless task spending your time and money following Accies and other comparable clubs, and they do well just to survive. I have huge respect for folk who live on the doorstep of the Bigot Brothers but follow their local club.
Hamilton suffered through their spell in exile from 1994 to 2011 when they played in the likes of Maryhill and in Coatbridge. This hollowed out their support.

Credit to the club for staying in the Premiership but they do little for the Scottish top flight with a two-sided stadium and an artificial pitch. Especially as next season will see Dundee and, likely as not, Dundee United down in the Championship.

mjhibby
20-05-2019, 12:45 PM
They've already stated they'll increase the cash available to the manager this summer (for the seventh season running). The money for the training ground and stadium has been raised 'separately'. They're losing some of their big players though (Shinne, GMS) so if we invest wisely we have a chance to move above them. Fingers crossed.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/boss-to-be-backed-in-summer-window/

If ever there was a season to get third next season is it. Aberdeen are going to be coming off their lowest finishing position for years and are losing s couple of their best players. Hertz are in a mess as long as they have the flamboyant one in levein and Killie are unlikely to be as good again. More so if Clarke becomes Scotland boss. We will have made a healthy profit this past season with the Europa League run and sjm going so should be able to compete financially with Hertz and the dons for players. Plus hopefully more money from the sjm transfer.
Most importantly we have a manager that knows what he wants and has had time to get ready for next season unlike the season just gone that we didn't know what our midfield would be and eventually lost our best three players on sjm,Dylan and scotty.
Hecky has shown what he can do with a very limited squad so its very exciting to think what he can do with porteous and Boyle like new players to him and scotty signing on again plus a handful he will sign.
The circumstances leading to this coming season with continual income growth means we are in the best position for decades to be challenging for third for the foreseeable future. No reason why we can't imho.