dp00
19-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Did the big man get a good send off ? Couldn’t make the game today due to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
19-05-2019, 05:06 PM

Yes, but it was a sparse crowd who remained for the lap of appreciation.

DaveF
19-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Yes, but it was a sparse crowd who remained for the lap of appreciation.

Not surprised. I left at FT and wasn’t for hanging around for the players to come back. I suppose it would be good if they did selfies and autographs for the younger fans but I doubt that was allowed due to them being kept away from the stands.

Its all a bit modern for me :-)

GreenCastle
19-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Great reception for him when he warmed up during game.

Standing ovation when he came on / Milligan went off. Was given Captains armband.

He was in tears during SOL at the end walking about pitch.

I will really miss him - what a guy and wish him all the best at Livi.

We have lost leadership and 2 defensive midfielders with him and Milligan both leaving.

hibeesjoe
19-05-2019, 06:18 PM
No idea why the players left the pitch to come back out. Good end to the season since Heckingbottom came in but we never won anything or qualified for Europe. That's not having a go at them but if they had just done a lap at the end then most people would have stayed.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
19-05-2019, 06:20 PM
No idea why the players left the pitch to come back out. Good end to the season since Heckingbottom came in but we never won anything or qualified for Europe. That's not having a go at them but if they had just done a lap at the end then most people would have stayed.

Agreed.

It was nonsense fans had to wait.

I know families etc came down but it should have been straight after the game. Let Aberdeen clear off and start going round.

I liked what we did at half time with the boys and girls academy going around pitch but they could have done better at the end - obviously would have been better if we had won - a game which we could have won.

Joe Baker2
19-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Yip, good send off. Legend!

gaz1875
19-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Marv should have started a lot more games than he did this season. Milligan was the favoured choice for some reason, I think a match fit Marv would have been a much better first choice.

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2019, 06:46 PM
Agreed.

It was nonsense fans had to wait.

I know families etc came down but it should have been straight after the game. Let Aberdeen clear off and start going round.

I liked what we did at half time with the boys and girls academy going around pitch but they could have done better at the end - obviously would have been better if we had won - a game which we could have won.

We came out pretty much right after Aberdeen left the pitch

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Marv should have started a lot more games than he did this season. Milligan was the favoured choice for some reason, I think a match fit Marv would have been a much better first choice.

Milligan started more because he is the better player

gaz1875
19-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Milligan started more because he is the better player

All about opinions.

hibeesjoe
19-05-2019, 06:52 PM
We came out pretty much right after Aberdeen left the pitchWhy expect folk to hang about though. A lap of honour as thanks for the support this season and a send off for players not staying in the summer. Going off and coming back on was a joke

hibee_girl
19-05-2019, 06:53 PM
Why expect folk to hang about though. A lap of honour as thanks for the support this season and a send off for players not staying in the summer. Going off and coming back on was a joke

It’s the same as what happens every last home game of the season. I don’t know why people are finding this such a surprise.

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 06:55 PM
All about opinions.

Yes it is but Lennon hardly played him and heckingbottom has hardly played him but both have played Milligan so clearly the managers thought so as well.

Shrekko
19-05-2019, 07:05 PM
It’s the same as what happens every last home game of the season. I don’t know why people are finding this such a surprise.

Disappointing to see so few hang on for a few extra minutes but not a great surprise nowadays.

Hibee Mac
19-05-2019, 07:24 PM
Tbh don't get why folk are bashing people for not hanging round.

We finished 5th and we lost the game plus Aberdeen had been time wasting since their second goal and people probably just wanted to go home. Let's not overdo the laps of honour and SOL, let's use them when we've actually done something to be proud of.

Waxy
19-05-2019, 07:28 PM

We finished 5th and we lost the game plus Aberdeen had been time wasting since their second goal and people probably just wanted to go home. Let's not overdo the laps of honour and SOL, let's use them when we've actually done something to be proud of.
We finish the season above the jambos and that’ll make me stay for the lap of honour.

Shrekko
19-05-2019, 07:35 PM

Folk can do what they want and leave when they want for whatever reason they have. It still looks awful when the stands are so bare at the end of the games and today when the players came back out.

If you think that fans should only support the players when they achieve something then that’s fine too. Personally I thought with Marv leaving more would have waited a few minutes.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2019, 07:35 PM
I stayed but if I'm being honest my heart wasn't really in it. Had it not need for the Lennon saga this season would have been labelled instantly forgettable and I think that is reflected by the lack of enthusiasm today.

I can see why some chose to leave.

hibeesjoe
19-05-2019, 07:36 PM

lord bunberry
19-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Exactly. It was announced that we would wait until the Aberdeen fans had left in order to allow the hibs players to do a lap of honour in front of our own fans. I stayed to see it and I’m glad I did as we won’t see a number of them in a hibs shirt again. It’s fair enough if people didn’t want to wait and see it, but you can’t criticise the club for the way it was organised. Marvin Bartley gave his all for us and the least he deserved was for us to wait 5 minutes to give him a decent send off.

hibeesjoe
19-05-2019, 07:38 PM
Folk can do what they want and leave when they want for whatever reason they have. It still looks awful when the stands are so bare at the end of the games and today when the players came back out.

If you think that fans should only support the players when they achieve something then that’s fine too. Personally I thought with Marv leaving more would have waited a few minutes.If they just done it at full-time then most folk would have stayed. Not sure why they left the pitch to come back out. Did they get changed into other tops or something?

lord bunberry
19-05-2019, 07:41 PM
If they just done it at full-time then most folk would have stayed. Not sure why they left the pitch to come back out. Did they get changed into other tops or something?

Because all you would have heard is Aberdeen fans singing and celebrating their win. You’re lucky if it was 10 minutes to wait. The players went inside and got all their families together and came back out.

overdrive
19-05-2019, 07:44 PM
If they just done it at full-time then most folk would have stayed. Not sure why they left the pitch to come back out. Did they get changed into other tops or something?

Yep, it should have been immediately after full-time.

Mon_the_cabbage
19-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Because all you would have heard is Aberdeen fans singing and celebrating their win. You’re lucky if it was 10 minutes to wait. The players went inside and got all their families together and came back out.

Yep, agree with this. I waited to see where Mark Milligan went on his walkabout so left more or less when it was all done. I got home to Bonnyrigg less than 15 minutes later than normal.

Silversand
19-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Some post match footage here

https://youtu.be/IwM_SZdbsZQ

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hibeesjoe
19-05-2019, 07:49 PM
Because all you would have heard is Aberdeen fans singing and celebrating their win. You’re lucky if it was 10 minutes to wait. The players went inside and got all their families together and came back out.The Aberdeen fans had nothing to celebrate about and only hung about while there players came over to clap the away support. I'm sure they wouldn't have even noticed the Hibs players

Stuart93
19-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Anyone seen his post on Instagram? Moving.

A Hibs legend 💚

DTS
19-05-2019, 08:22 PM
His Instagram post is outstanding. A true hibs legend and a hero of a man

pacoluna
19-05-2019, 08:38 PM
I really don't get why we are letting Bartley go nor Milligan if it was our choice to let him go. I understand hecky wanting to build his own team but both players were influencial characters that had more than enough quality to bring something to our team next season. Brave decision,lets hope it's not a stupid one.

lord bunberry
19-05-2019, 08:43 PM
The Aberdeen fans had nothing to celebrate about and only hung about while there players came over to clap the away support. I'm sure they wouldn't have even noticed the Hibs players

And the hibs players came on as soon as the Aberdeen fans left. I didn’t see the problem. It’s a long season for the players and us. Surely we can wait another 10 minutes to give them a send off.

19-05-2019, 08:48 PM
I really don't get why we are letting Bartley go nor Milligan if it was our chance to let him go. I understand hecky wanting to build his own team but both players were influencial characters that had more than enough quality to bring something to our team next season. Brave decision,lets hope it's not a stupid one.

Bartley has not been good enough for 2 years. Great servant but an average player. I honestly wonder what people are watching at times.

pacoluna
19-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Bartley has not been good enough for 2 years. Great servant but an average player. I honestly wonder what people are watching at times.

Kind of player he is - he will always be described as "average" he had a job to do in certain games and he done it well. Going by twitter many opposition fans are surprised that livi have managed to get him, so it not just Hibs fans who recognised his quality.

hibeesjoe
19-05-2019, 08:55 PM
And the hibs players came on as soon as the Aberdeen fans left. I didn’t see the problem. It’s a long season for the players and us. Surely we can wait another 10 minutes to give them a send off.Totally my own view but I don't see why the Hibs fans should have to wait 10 minutes so the players can go grab their wife's and kids for meaningless lap of the pitch. Today was about players like Bartley that are signing off

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 08:58 PM
Kind of player he is - he will always be described as "average" he had a job to do in certain games and he done it well. Going by twitter many opposition fans are surprised that livi have managed to get him, so it not just Hibs fans who recognised his quality.

He’s not been a regular for a season and a half now, so it’s not really a surprise he’s away.

Senior player on a decent wage probably. We need those players to be contributing on the pitch and he hasn’t been.

Still a legend though.

thegaffer12
19-05-2019, 09:00 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself!

lord bunberry
19-05-2019, 09:02 PM
That’s not true. Marv has never let us down, when called upon he’s always stepped up to the mark. He might not have always been a regular starter but to say he’s been average is ridiculous. I honestly wonder what people are watching as well. He was excellent at what he did which was to put himself about and break up play. Not every player is going to be a match winner by scoring or creating a goal, but Marv made sure we didn’t lose goals and that’s just as important.

Johnny Clash
19-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Glad I made the effort to get up for the game today and also stayed for the lap of honour especially to applaud Marv. No Hibs games now for two months so to stay an extra 10 minutes at the end was no trouble. Mark Milligan missed the lap but was warmly applauded as he strode over the pitch towards the corner of the East and the South. Think his car must have been parked behind the big boards?? Decent player and I don’t think we saw the best of him so wish him well.

lord bunberry
19-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Totally my own view but I don't see why the Hibs fans should have to wait 10 minutes so the players can go grab their wife's and kids for meaningless lap of the pitch. Today was about players like Bartley that are signing off

Fair enough and you didn’t have to wait as you had the option to leave. I enjoyed seeing the players come out with their families and bond with the fans.

matty_f
19-05-2019, 09:11 PM
Exactly. It was announced that we would wait until the Aberdeen fans had left in order to allow the hibs players to do a lap of honour in front of our own fans. I stayed to see it and I’m glad I did as we won’t see a number of them in a hibs shirt again. It’s fair enough if people didn’t want to wait and see it, but you can’t criticise the club for the way it was organised. Marvin Bartley gave his all for us and the least he deserved was for us to wait 5 minutes to give him a decent send off.
:agree:

The Pointer
19-05-2019, 09:43 PM
Some post match footage here

https://youtu.be/IwM_SZdbsZQ

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting something relevant to this thread. Great to see his send off.

SChibs
19-05-2019, 10:01 PM
If hibs had finished 10th I'd have stayed to see them come back. If they put in the effort every week then I'll support them ever more

SChibs
19-05-2019, 10:03 PM
Totally my own view but I don't see why the Hibs fans should have to wait 10 minutes so the players can go grab their wife's and kids for meaningless lap of the pitch. Today was about players like Bartley that are signing off

Just because some players aren't leaving it doesn't mean they shouldn't be appreciated for their efforts over the season

matty_f
19-05-2019, 11:35 PM
Anyone know why his shirt had no sponsor when he first came on ? He changed into a match shirt during the game.

hfc rd
19-05-2019, 11:44 PM
His Instagram post is outstanding. A true hibs legend and a hero of a man

I don’t have Instagram.

What did he say?

oldbutdim
19-05-2019, 11:51 PM
Anyone know why his shirt had no sponsor when he first came on ? He changed into a match shirt during the game.

I wondered why the shirt change. Just assumed that one of these dirty sheep.............. you know what I mean............... had torn it off him.

That Lewis Ferguson probably. He had a Hibs jersey in his hands for most of the game.

spike220
20-05-2019, 12:40 AM
Absolute stick on to score against us next season!

Itsnoteasy
20-05-2019, 12:59 AM
We finish the season above the jambos and that’ll make me stay for the lap of honour.

Oh well.
Next season if Hibs finish 11th but Hearts finish 12th you will be happy with that.

hibbyfraelibby
20-05-2019, 09:40 AM

It was so he'd have to take his top off in public to give the ladies one last oggle😁

SquashedFrogg
20-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Absolute stick on to score against us next season!

Would actually be quite funny if he fires in a 30 year screamer against us.

Ardenttwo
20-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Great reception for him when he warmed up during game.

Standing ovation when he came on / Milligan went off. Was given Captains armband.

He was in tears during SOL at the end walking about pitch.

I will really miss him - what a guy and wish him all the best at Livi.

We have lost leadership and 2 defensive midfielders with him and Milligan both leaving.

I met Marv after the game and shook his hand and told him he has been a credit to our great football club. The man had tears in his eyes,what a gentleman and so humble. We will miss him gave everything for Hibs

Mango Man
20-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Would actually be quite funny if he fires in a 30 year screamer against us.

I'd maybe even still give out the quietest of cheers if that happened :)