PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

bingo70
19-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Was Flo on the bench today?

He was named as a sub but never saw him warming up at all then didn’t notice him at the lap of honour?

I maybe just missed him to be fair but don’t remember seeing him today.

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Injured in the warm up.

Onceinawhile
19-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Gauld replaced him on the bench. I was quite confused when flo wasn't warming up all game.

bingo70
19-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Injured in the warm up.

Ah, cheers.

Wondered if maybe we’d seen the last of him but sounds innocent enough.

BegbieHSC
19-05-2019, 05:00 PM
He was there for the lap of honour. In a black jacket in the middle.

Hopefully preseason gives him a chance to get the heid down, so we see the best of him next season.

Diclonius
19-05-2019, 05:01 PM
He needs a rest to gather his thoughts and decide if he actually wants to be here. The Lennon saga has shaken him.

Weegreenman
19-05-2019, 06:10 PM
I’d like to see him sold but I fear we’ll be stuck with him. Hopefully he can get a good pre seasons under his belt and come back and show everyone what a good player and an asset he can be to the club.

Joe Baker2
19-05-2019, 06:30 PM
got a feeling we won't be seeing him again in a Hibs shirt. Best of luck to him though.

Weegreenman
19-05-2019, 07:28 PM
got a feeling we won't be seeing him again in a Hibs shirt. Best of luck to him though.

Why? He’s signed a three year deal and I don’t see anyone knocking down our door to sign him tbh.

Greenbeard
19-05-2019, 07:51 PM
He was there for the lap of honour. In a black jacket in the middle.

Hopefully preseason gives him a chance to get the heid down, so we see the best of him next season.
Is a good pre-season with the heid down going to improve his schoolboy first touch? Doubt it. He is an enigma to me. Sometimes great, but recently mostly awful.

Marvellous
19-05-2019, 07:56 PM
He needs a rest to gather his thoughts and decide if he actually wants to be here. The Lennon saga has shaken him.

What you making things up for?

SaulGoodman
19-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Is a good pre-season with the heid down going to improve his schoolboy first touch? Doubt it. He is an enigma to me. Sometimes great, but recently mostly awful.

Yes, that’s generally how training works.

eastmainsmsh
19-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Lennon shot flo to bits with a good pre season with Boyle and Allan coming back maybe the flo of old will appear and Mcnulty will fire the goals in

Jim44
21-05-2019, 05:59 AM

To what extent can ‘first touch’ skill be learned? I think it’s a natural and instinctive ability which you have or don’t have to certain degrees.

Brooster
21-05-2019, 06:03 AM
Would anyone swap him for McGeoch?

MSK
21-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Would anyone swap him for McGeoch?Yes

SquashedFrogg
21-05-2019, 06:05 AM
To what extent can ‘first touch’ skill be learned? I think it’s a natural and instinctive ability which you have or don’t have to certain degrees.

Control and touch is worked on almost every training session. Many of the drills incorporate this. It's definitely worked on.

As are many techniques.

3pm
21-05-2019, 06:10 AM

Don’t do that....

Michael
21-05-2019, 07:00 AM

Of course it can be developed with practice. No one is born able to control a 60 yard pass.

GoalsMcGinley
21-05-2019, 07:35 AM
He told the gaffer on Saturday at training he had a “niggle”. Was cleared to play by medical staff but said he felt it in warm up. Hence gauld replacing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
21-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Control and touch is worked on almost every training session. Many of the drills incorporate this. It's definitely worked on.

As are many techniques.

Of course it can be developed with practice. No one is born able to control a 60 yard pass.

Obviously I realise that skills are worked on and developed but in my opinion can only be developed to a certain level and within the capabilities of the individual player. Imagine if every player could develop skills to the highest level? It’s not on, is it? We’re maybe getting into semantics but suffice to say that in the case of Kamberi, first touch is a skill he has only mastered to a mediocre level.

SquashedFrogg
21-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Obviously I realise that skills are worked on and developed but in my opinion can only be developed to a certain level and within the capabilities of the individual player. Imagine if every player could develop skills to the highest level? It’s not on, is it? We’re maybe getting into semantics but suffice to say that in the case of Kamberi, first touch is a skill he has only mastered to a mediocre level.

Your point was around how you doubted that a players 'first touch' can be learned. I'd suggest everything can be learned. And once learned, improved. I think it goes without saying that not every player can improve to the highest level. But most certainly can be improved.

We are a club who have to bring players in who are a bit rough around the edges with a view to improving them, making them better. Both tactically and technically. Flo's only 24 and the club have seen scope to improve him as a player where he will bring value on and off the pitch. Granted he's not hit the heights we were looking for this season. Perhaps he's feeling the expectations of the fans in a season which has been a bit turbulent to say the least? Who knows?

However, to state his first touch is mediocre and can't get better is odd in my opinion. Considering some of the goals he's scored.

Omeonga's 23 and has flaws in his game. I assume he can't improve?

Jim44
21-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Your point was around how you doubted that a players 'first touch' can be learned. I'd suggest everything can be learned. And once learned, improved. I think it goes without saying that not every player can improve to the highest level. But most certainly can be improved.

We are a club who have to bring players in who are a bit rough around the edges with a view to improving them, making them better. Both tactically and technically. Flo's only 24 and the club have seen scope to improve him as a player where he will bring value on and off the pitch. Granted he's not hit the heights we were looking for this season. Perhaps he's feeling the expectations of the fans in a season which has been a bit turbulent to say the least? Who knows?

However, to state his first touch is mediocre and can't get better is odd in my opinion. Considering some of the goals he's scored.

Sorry to go on about this but can I clear up something. My comment about Kamberi was not made because of my dissatisfaction with him. It was made in light of the continual criticism of him by several others. My opinion of him is generally ok. I’m aware of his shortcomings and but I’m happy to have him with us warts and all.

Diclonius
21-05-2019, 08:51 AM
What you making things up for?

I'm not saying he doesn't want to be here, but if you're 23, move to another country and are suddenly being blamed for everything by people who should be a lot older and wiser than you, it's not going to affect you very well. You'd have doubts about whether you wanted to stay.

A good pre-season, encouragement from the new manager and the return of a player who helped him perform so well the previous season will hopefully settle him down again.

Slavers
21-05-2019, 08:58 AM
Kamberi showed enough in his first season that he has great potential he is a big powerful forward who could be the next Gary O'Conner.

I agree a good preseason with Heckingbottom could the thing that takes him to the next level. If we get a season out of him at 15+ goals then I think we'd have a million pound player in our hands.

J-C
21-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Sorry to go on about this but can I clear up something. My comment about Kamberi was not made because of my dissatisfaction with him. It was made in light of the continual criticism of him by several others. My opinion of him is generally ok. I’m aware of his shortcomings and but I’m happy to have him with us warts and all.

I watched Kamberi closely after Lennon left, he had about 1-2 decent games under Hecky who then moved him to the left to accommodate more in midfield. Instead of knuckling down and grafting or the cause, he looks sulky, disinterested and can't be arsed at times, he has a less than 1 in 4 scoring record in his career and I think he played out his skin to get his move due to being unhappy at Grasshopers, remember this bit in the papers.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/premiership/florian-kamberi-eyes-hibs-stay-as-he-hits-out-at-grasshoppers-1-4718757

we are hibs
21-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Why would we swap a winger/forward for a midfielder?

Brooster
21-05-2019, 10:00 AM

Why would we swap Scott Bain for Scott Allan?

jeffers
21-05-2019, 10:03 AM

Have you heard anything along these lines or was it just a throwaway comment ?

JimBHibees
21-05-2019, 10:03 AM

In a nanosecond. As long as it is Dylan McGeouch we are talking about? :greengrin

JimBHibees
21-05-2019, 10:04 AM

Doesnt mean we couldnt sign a striker also.

Greenbeard
22-05-2019, 11:43 AM

Problem is Kamberi's first touch appears now to be worse than it was last season.
Of course it can be improved with work in training, which presumably he has been doing. I can imagine it would be near the top, if not at the very top of the W section of his personalised SWOT analysis. If so, whatever he is doing in training ain't working.
Whilst everyone should be able to improve their first touch with the right sort of training ths will be to different extents, some more than others. It's a mix of nature/nurture. Same as speed. The fast-twitch players have more scope for improvement than the slow-twitch/stamina players. Those with a naturally high level of co-ordination, proprioception and peripheral vision will improve their first touch more than the unco player.

SquashedFrogg
22-05-2019, 11:49 AM
Problem is Kamberi's first touch appears now to be worse than it was last season.
Of course it can be improved with work in training, which presumably he has been doing. I can imagine it would be near the top, if not at the very top of the W section of his personalised SWOT analysis. If so, whatever he is doing in training ain't working.
Whilst everyone should be able to improve their first touch with the right sort of training ths will be to different extents, some more than others. It's a mix of nature/nurture. Same as speed. The fast-twitch players have more scope for improvement than the slow-twitch/stamina players. Those with a naturally high level of co-ordination, proprioception and peripheral vision will improve their first touch more than the unco player.

Fair comments. I just dont think your ability to control a ball deminishes in the space of 12 months.

My gut feel is more to do with confidence rather than ability. I guess next season will define him as a Hibs player.

22-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Fair comments. I just dont think your ability to control a ball deminishes in the space of 12 months.

My gut feel is more to do with confidence rather than ability. I guess next season will define him as a Hibs player.

Just what I was thinking, a big part of it is a confidence thing. He seems the type that needs an arm around the shoulder from the coach rather than a rollicking.

Heckingbottom seems to be an attention to detail sort of guy and will know how to get the best out of his players so a good preseason with him could work wonders for Flo. A wee showreel showing him all the good things he's done during games plus a personalised plan to work on areas he can improve on.

SquashedFrogg
22-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Just what I was thinking, a big part of it is a confidence thing. He seems the type that needs an arm around the shoulder from the coach rather than a rollicking.

Heckingbottom seems to be an attention to detail sort of guy and will know how to get the best out of his players so a good preseason with him could work wonders for Flo. A wee showreel showing him all the good things he's done during games plus a personalised plan to work on areas he can improve on.

He also seems to enjoy being the 'main man'. Maybe the arrival of McNulty and change of style, position has knocked him a bit. I've been critical this season but saw enough last season that if we can get him firing, he'll be a major asset.

Perhaps we all got carried away with him last season? Or overlooked his limitations? Who knows...

I'm looking forward to seeing him on the end of an improved supply line next season.

easty
22-05-2019, 12:15 PM
He also seems to enjoy being the 'main man'. .

Does he? What's that based on?

Peevemor
22-05-2019, 12:17 PM

Certainly not the interviews where he said that he doesn't care of he scores as long as the team does well.

SquashedFrogg
22-05-2019, 01:28 PM

Based on my opinion. Hence why I posted it.

easty
22-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Based on my opinion. Hence why I posted it.

So based on nothing...:aok:

SquashedFrogg
22-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Certainly not the interviews where he said that he doesn't care of he scores as long as the team does well.

I don't doubt for a minute that he isn't a team player. That wasn't my original point. I would suggest that he thrives on confidence, perhaps more than others, based around how he is perceived within the team. Some players like to feel they are one of the star players within a team. Others maybe prefer to be less so. And when the dynamic changes slightly, then it may effect him more than others.

My original point was not a criticism of Flo. Merely a suggestion as to why he never hit the heights we all expected this season.

SquashedFrogg
22-05-2019, 01:40 PM
So based on nothing...:aok:

No. Based on my opinion. Which is based on what I see and think. Which, by definition, is my opinion. It's really not that difficult. :wink:

ancient hibee
22-05-2019, 05:13 PM
His first touch seemed fine to me when he contributed to the goal of the season at Tynecastle and come to that when he brought the ball down and scored a beauty against Celtic.I think that his game has suffered by being played out of position which to me is a poor use of resources.As he showed against Elgin,given a nice through ball he is fully capable of instantly controlling and going round the keeper.

PatHead
22-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Last year at this time seemingly there were a few clubs after him. I wonder how much we would get for him if we tried to sell him?

How much did he cost?

J-C
22-05-2019, 05:48 PM
His first touch seemed fine to me when he contributed to the goal of the season at Tynecastle and come to that when he brought the ball down and scored a beauty against Celtic.I think that his game has suffered by being played out of position which to me is a poor use of resources.As he showed against Elgin,given a nice through ball he is fully capable of instantly controlling and going round the keeper.

We don't play Elgin every week though, Flo had to muck in to get results, he is one of our better players and used to play left midfield until converting to a striker a couple of seasons ago.

ancient hibee
22-05-2019, 06:26 PM
We don't play Elgin every week though, Flo had to muck in to get results, he is one of our better players and used to play left midfield until converting to a striker a couple of seasons ago.

If he was moved from left midfield to striker it doesn't seem sensible to me to reverse that decision.

J-C
22-05-2019, 07:26 PM
If he was moved from left midfield to striker it doesn't seem sensible to me to reverse that decision.

Point being he should be capable of doing a shift there, he didn't look happy out wide.

Inconsequential
22-05-2019, 08:33 PM
My opinion only but I think we should sell Kamberi. Although he is big and strong he ain't an old style target man with aerial ability and can't hold the ball up. He prefers through balls he can run onto and have a strike at goal. Last season our midfield were excellent at finding him providing the killer pass. I think we need a more traditional no. 9 in the squad. Always liked the big striker and smaller nippy striker partnership like Toshack and Keegan many, many years ago. The good old days... jumpers for goalposts... blah... blah. Enduring image. Goodnight.

Greenbeard
22-05-2019, 10:23 PM
Fair enough. Have reviewed both these examples of him doing what he should be doing many times every game (not that every one should contribute to a goal), however seconds earlier in that move v Hearts his lay off to Horgan was poor, although ironically because it caused Horgan to check back and turn away from goal it created some space for him. And in the Celtic example his first touch was a chest down in acres of space. I am not saying that wasn't a skilful first touch; it was. What has been very poor this season, time and time again, has been his first touch with the ball to his feet when more closely marked than he was when breaking v. Celtic. That is what needs to improve. It should work more often than not, not the other way round which has def been the case this season.

Shrekko
22-05-2019, 10:30 PM

You’re not really saying that his first touch has been anything like good enough this season are you? For your 2 examples of good touches there are way too many examples of poor touches.

Highly frustrating talented player who needs to buck up his ideas next season. Lots of excuses been made for him by lots of fans but how long can you keep doing that? He’s got to be accountable and regardless of where he plays he needs to play better. We have Scott Allan back... hopefully he helps Kamberi rediscover some form.