PDA

View Full Version : Let the clear out begin

Diclonius
19-05-2019, 04:03 PM
The post split fixtures have summed up why we need to invest if we want to compete next season. Of the current squad who haven't already left the only players I'd definitely keep would be:
Marciano
Gray
Hanlon
Horgan
Boyle
Mallan
Stevenson
Kamberi
McGregor
Murray
Porteous
Omeonga
Mackie

The rest I wouldn't be bothered if they left. We need a goalscoring striker, a ball winning midfield and arguably players who can reinvigorate our ageing defence.

Sudds_1
19-05-2019, 04:04 PM
No mcnulty?

Hibs90
19-05-2019, 04:05 PM
No mcnulty?

He's gash.

Sudds_1
19-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Opinions eh? Where would we be in the table without his goals?

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 04:08 PM
He's gash. First touch of an elephant.

Absolute rubbish, he is anything but gash

we are hibs
19-05-2019, 04:09 PM
I'm not convinced by mcnulty but I would give him the benefit of the doubt and a shot with allan in a midfield behind him.

Diclonius
19-05-2019, 04:09 PM
No mcnulty?

Not worth paying an extortionate sum of money for. One goal against top six teams.

Sudds_1
19-05-2019, 04:11 PM

Maybe gash means Great And Serious Hero?

Hibs90
19-05-2019, 04:11 PM

Hes not good thats for sure.

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Hes not good thats for sure.

If you say so

J-C
19-05-2019, 04:15 PM
McNulty is ok, not great but not crap, poor touch let's him down at times. I wouldn't be paying loads for him that's for sure.

Hibs90
19-05-2019, 04:16 PM
If you say so

What do you think?

Greencore
19-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Wouldn't pay a fee for mcnulty, however another season on loan (if possible) would be alright....

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 04:18 PM
What do you think?

I think he is a good spl striker and would score at least 15 goals if here for a full season

Hibs90
19-05-2019, 04:19 PM
I think he is a good spl striker and would score at least 15 goals if here for a full season

Maybe yeah if he got the service. How much would you pay for him?

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Maybe yeah if he got the service. How much would you pay for him?

That's the million dollar question, they will be looking for at least a million which is nothing down south, if we could get him for half that with a big sell on fee I reckon we would get a good deal but cant see it

hhibs
19-05-2019, 04:24 PM
Wouldn't pay a fee for mcnulty, however another season on loan (if possible) would be alright....

Pretty much where I am too.

I do think we need a major overhaul upfront if we are to progress.The Allen factor must be taken into consideration what types of forwards has he shown best results with,will we build a team round him ?

A Hi-Bee
19-05-2019, 04:25 PM
Pretty much where I am too.

I do think we need a major overhaul upfront if we are to progress.The Allen factor must be taken into consideation what types of forwards has he shown best results with,will we build a team round him ?

Where is the money going to come from, we can only work in the market that we work in so this would mean replacing players with pretty much the same as quality takes cash?

hibIBZ
19-05-2019, 04:28 PM
For me the players leaving should be:
Bartley
Milligan - Both already away
Omeonga
Agyepong
Gauld
Bogdan
Mcnulty- all end of loan and don't see them being back for various reasons

Whittaker
Birgirimana
Slivka
Horgan

I think kamberi will be away as well. He hasn't looked happy for a while and Shaw coming on for him today was for me a sign

mjhibby
19-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Hecky has already started reshaping the squad with Bartley,Milligan and Gauld away. We have porteous and Boyle to come back and of course Scotty signed. Had Boyle and porteous not be injured we would have been much closer to third and fourth. The way Hecky was speaking he wants his signings in for the league cup games so I think it will be a busy transfer window.

Centre Hawf
19-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Personally wouldn't be breaking the bank for McNulty. I think he's done okay on loan at us and if we can maybe bring him in on loan again I'm fine with that. But if someone thinks it's reasonable to pay serious money by our standards on him I'm very surprised by that. Would rather we looked elsewhere.

A Hi-Bee
19-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Personally wouldn't be breaking the bank for McNulty. I think he's done okay on loan at us and if we can maybe bring him in on loan again I'm fine with that. But if someone thinks it's reasonable to pay serious money by our standards on him I'm very surprised by that. Would rather we looked elsewhere.

To replace him with who?

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Bartley
Omeonga
Agyepong
Gauld
Bogdan

Whittaker
Birgirimana
Slivka
Horgan

I think kamberi will be away as well. He hasn't looked happy for a while and Shaw coming on for him today was for me a sign
Kamberi injured in warm up, wasn't on the bench, Gauld was. Mental to suggest binning Horgan.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Absolute rubbish, he is anything but gashHe ain't gash but he ain't as good as some on here make it neither...some really poor performances from him post split tbh. Happy if he stays but not overly fussed tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibIBZ
19-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Kamberi injured in warm up, wasn't on the bench, Gauld was. Mental to suggest binning Horgan.

Sorry didn't know that about kamberi, but still think he might go.

I'm not a Horgan fan. He looks good in spells bit far too often totally disappears. He looked exhausted today after an hour. I think he flatters to decieve. His end product is often poor as well

neil7908
19-05-2019, 04:37 PM

I'm not sure about Horgan. I wouldn't bin him but take away the 2 goals against Hearts and can you name any game he's really stamped his name on.

Mallan is in the same boat for me. Both good players and show flashes of quality but we really need to see more.

I'd keep them both but big second season for them to show they have enough to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Centre Hawf
19-05-2019, 04:38 PM
To replace him with who?

Anyone that doesn't go missing for large periods at a time perhaps.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure about Horgan. I wouldn't bin him but take away the 2 goals against Hearts and can you name any game he's really stamped his name on.

Mallan is in the same boat for me. Both good players and show flashes of quality but we really need to see more.

I'd keep them both but big second season for them to show they have enough to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.We have no option really as they are both under contract and we have a big enough rebuilding job on our hands. I agree tho they both go missing for large spells in games...horgan was caught in dreamland quite a few times today...actually thought Mallan had 1 of his better games today

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 04:39 PM
He ain't gash but he ain't as good as some on here make it neither...some really poor performances from him post split tbh. Happy if he stays but not overly fussed tbh

Just because he hasn't scored that many recently doesn't mean it was a poor performance, quite a few games he has had zero service, give him the service and I reckon he would score quite a few

Bangkok Hibby
19-05-2019, 04:44 PM
We're crying out for consistency. Every position bar goalkeeper lacks consistently good performances. Mistakes are regularly made all over the pitch. I'm sure it will be a bigger clear out than we all imagine.

lord bunberry
19-05-2019, 04:50 PM
He's gash.
You must have your eyes painted on mate. I’m not saying he’s a world beater, but to say he’s gash is stupid beyond belief. With the right service he will be a top player in our league. The fact that his form for hibs has gotten him a call up for Scotland Kind of suggests he’s not been gash. I despair at some of the pish that’s posted on here at times.

Hermit Crab
19-05-2019, 05:05 PM
A new back 4 please.

Paisley Hibby
19-05-2019, 05:07 PM
He's gash.

Wow. I'm embarrassed for you mate.

LancsHibs
19-05-2019, 05:09 PM
We have to trust in our manager to bring in his own players and shape his team. Would not be overly disappointed to see ANY of our current players leaving this s PH thinks he can do better.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Just because he hasn't scored that many recently doesn't mean it was a poor performance, quite a few games he has had zero service, give him the service and I reckon he would score quite a fewPossibly yes but he scorned several chances today...I'm honestly not convinced mate

My_Wife_Camille
We have to trust in our manager to bring in his own players and shape his team. Would not be overly disappointed to see ANY of our current players leaving this s PH thinks he can do better.

Agree with this too an extent. There’s one or two I’d be gutted to see leave but realistically that team can and should be improved upon all over the park.

Hibs90
You must have your eyes painted on mate. I’m not saying he’s a world beater, but to say he’s gash is stupid beyond belief. With the right service he will be a top player in our league. The fact that his form for hibs has gotten him a call up for Scotland Kind of suggests he’s not been gash. I despair at some of the pish that’s posted on here at times.

His finish today was decent I'll give him that, but again done little else in the game.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2019, 05:13 PM
I don’t get why people don’t like Mallan. I think he has had a great season. We need better in beside him though. A new defensive mid will obviously be arriving, we need to sign real quality for that role. We also need better up front. We were toothless today.
Most of all this window need to be 100 times better than the last two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hhibs
19-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Where is the money going to come from, we can only work in the market that we work in so this would mean replacing players with pretty much the same as quality takes cash?t

Different types of players to play in a different formation,could be done with same money could it not ?

tonyrougier123
19-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Wholesale change needed in the sqaud,season is over but this imo is heckingbottom's real test.

We need a really good summer transfer window as we havent had one for ages.

marleyhib
19-05-2019, 05:23 PM
McNultey is far from gash, I thought Horgan was our best player today.

Porto, Allan and Boyle back gives me a lot of hope for next season.

Post split fixtures have shown us where we are but there is no reason that we shouldn't be strongly challenging for 3rd next season. Defence is looking too slow.

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Wholesale change needed in the sqaud,season is over but this imo is heckingbottom's real test.

We need a really good summer transfer window as we havent had one for ages.

The one where we signed McGregor, McGeouch, Henderson, Bartley and McGinn was good. I'll take that again

lord bunberry
19-05-2019, 05:24 PM
His finish today was decent I'll give him that, but again done little else in the game.
He’s not gash though.

Hibs90
19-05-2019, 05:25 PM
He’s not gash though.

Probably a little harsh, but pissed off.

He's average though, and is over-rated by some.

Heisenberg
19-05-2019, 05:32 PM

It’s not that far from what we need. Gray, for me, has been very poor up against the top six sides. McGregor will be replaced by Porteous. Hanlon has had, overall, quite a poor season although he was ok today. Stevenson the only one to be consistently good throughout.

lord bunberry
19-05-2019, 05:32 PM
Probably a little harsh, but pissed off.

He's average though, and is over-rated by some.
If he stays I would expect more from him, but I also think the service to him has been pretty poor for a while. We lack someone to play that killer pass. Both him and Flo have suffered from that this season. Hopefully Allan will be someone who can do that next season.

Hibs90
19-05-2019, 05:38 PM
If he stays I would expect more from him, but I also think the service to him has been pretty poor for a while. We lack someone to play that killer pass. Both him and Flo have suffered from that this season. Hopefully Allan will be someone who can do that next season.

Well if he is here hopefully that is the case, it's not like I don't want him to score a bucket load :greengrin

Greencore
19-05-2019, 05:42 PM
A new back 4 please.

With you on this, I would only keep hanlon and porto

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Centre half, centre mid and centre forward would be my first three signings. Proper first name on the team sheet players.

With the players that are definitely leaving we should be freeing a few quid up.

Wouldn’t be pushing the boat out for Omeonga. Undecided on McNulty after, initially, thinking we’d have no chance of keeping him.

smack
19-05-2019, 05:47 PM
Bartley
Omeonga
Agyepong
Gauld
Bogdan

Whittaker
Birgirimana
Slivka
Horgan

You would get rid of Horgan! Are you serious. He’s one of our best players

Heisenberg
19-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Centre half, centre mid and centre forward would be my first three signings. Proper first name on the team sheet players.

With the players that are definitely leaving we should be freeing a few quid up.

Wouldn’t be pushing the boat out for Omeonga. Undecided on McNulty after, initially, thinking we’d have no chance of keeping him.

Don’t think Omeonga is staying. He’s missing his family apparently. I’d guess he got taken off today so he could get a wee standing ovation as a send off.

hibIBZ
19-05-2019, 05:54 PM
You would get rid of Horgan! Are you serious. He’s one of our best players

Yes I would. I just don't see it. I think his decision making is poor at times. Takes too many touches to move the ball on. Disappears for large parts of the game. Looked totally knackered today by half time. I know my opinion won't be popular but it's what I see

loanheadhibby
19-05-2019, 05:57 PM
It’s not that far from what we need. Gray, for me, has been very poor up against the top six sides. McGregor will be replaced by Porteous. Hanlon has had, overall, quite a poor season although he was ok today. Stevenson the only one to be consistently good throughout.

Back 4 needs a shake up tho. I'll be disappointed if we start next season with same 4 stalwarts who will be another year older.

whatever happened to Nelom & Darnel Johnson? These 2 jokers have barely kicked a ball. Complete waste of time.

madhatter
19-05-2019, 06:06 PM
Not a single loan player is good enough for Hibs to spend money on or loads of time on, in my opinion. We need more height and athleticism in midfield. Be interesting to see what shape we’ll be going with next year as Mallan and Allan will need a hard working mobile player in the middle with them.

I can see us playing a 451/433 but Kamberi will have to improve his hold up play.

I think we may still see some players leaving beyond what we know. Mallan hasn’t been brilliant but he’s probably done enough to get interest from down south. Marciano has been a top goalie for years and likewise I’d be surprised if no one was interested.

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Don’t think Omeonga is staying. He’s missing his family apparently. I’d guess he got taken off today so he could get a wee standing ovation as a send off.

Serious question. Are his family in Italy with him, seen as he’s contracted there for another couple of years?

GreenCastle
19-05-2019, 06:16 PM
It's a rebuild nearly every season.

Marciano
Gray
Hanlon
Horgan
Boyle
Mallan
Stevenson
Kamberi
McGregor
Murray
Porteous
Omeonga
Mackie
McNulty

That would be my starting list. I doubt we will see Omeonga / McNulty but I would keep both as they will get better with better players around them.

We need a midfielder who will turn the ball over - do the dirty work.

We need a poacher who can chip in with some goals.

We need a left winger - been so long since we actually had a Boyle type on the left.

I would say we need cover at the back too - not are today's back 4 will last much longer - plus injuries and suspensions.

goosefat
19-05-2019, 06:20 PM
Let the signing of 6 month loan players who are injured and require international clearance begin

:tin hat:

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Back 4 needs a shake up tho. I'll be disappointed if we start next season with same 4 stalwarts who will be another year older.

whatever happened to Nelom & Darnel Johnson? These 2 jokers have barely kicked a ball. Complete waste of time.

Jokers because they haven't been picked? Hardly their fault is it

Hermit Crab
19-05-2019, 06:23 PM
With you on this, I would only keep hanlon and porto

I'd only keep Porto!

Fuzzywuzzy
19-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Anyone know how Tommy blocks shaping up?

OstKurve Hibs
19-05-2019, 06:28 PM
many of mcnultys goals where from penalties ?

Hibs90
19-05-2019, 06:30 PM
Let the signing of 6 month loan players who are injured and require international clearance begin

:tin hat:

Hearts finished 3 points behind. :wink:

J-C
19-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Again disappointed with the majority today and most done themselves little favour of staying here. I worry about Kamberi as Hecky has chosen McNulty as his main striker in all his games, tried him on the left but he never tried a leg and was then dropped. Slivka is another who never played much under Lennon and again hasn't pushed himself into the team under Heckingbottom, he may be another looking for a new club. Realistically I can see us needing 3-4 midfielders, at least a new winger, a right back, a centre back and maybe 2 strikers/forwards. I make that 8-9 new players, which seems a lot.

overdrive
19-05-2019, 06:35 PM
I have a bad feeling that was Marciano’s last game for us today.

Centre Hawf
19-05-2019, 06:37 PM
I'd only keep Porto!

Hanlon's had a bad season by his standards but it was only a year ago that we were all slating Eck for not bringing him into a Scotland squad. Give him a holiday and let him come back fresh, I still reckon whatever injury kept him out in autumn is still plaguing him tbh.

AL-Qaholik
19-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Massive rebuild required (again) IMO.

Right now my ideal XI for next season would be :

Marciano
New RB
Porteous
New CB
New LB
New CM
New CM/LM (depending on formation)
Boyle
Allan
New LW/ST (depending on formation)
New ST (maybe Kamberi, if he screws the nut - not the Kamberi of this season.)

Probably a pipe dream, but that's where we are for me.

Heisenberg
19-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Serious question. Are his family in Italy with him, seen as he’s contracted there for another couple of years?

I’ve not got a clue, I was with someone today who was at the sponsors night and spoke to Omeonga, he wasn’t making overly positive noises about coming back due to missing family/girlfriend.

hibeerealist
19-05-2019, 06:54 PM
That's the million dollar question, they will be looking for at least a million which is nothing down south, if we could get him for half that with a big sell on fee I reckon we would get a good deal but cant see it

£500,000 for McNulty, thank god the Tash is still here as he would never sanction that one and I think most Hibbies would agree with him!!!

It is a no from me, not done nearly enough to pursue a permanent transfer and certainly not at half a million pounds!

Centre Hawf
19-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Massive rebuild required (again) IMO.

Right now my ideal XI for next season would be :

Marciano
New RB
Porteous
New CB
New LB
New CM
New CM/LM (depending on formation)
Boyle
Allan
New LW/ST (depending on formation)
New ST (maybe Kamberi, if he screws the nut - not the Kamberi of this season.)

Probably a pipe dream, but that's where we are for me.

Im happy with Gray, Hanlon, Stevenson, Mallan, and Horgan. But I think what we really need is a good quality back up to these players. It's obvious Gray will get injured again and we can't force someone in there that isn't good enough. Stevenson is still doing a job at the moment and I love him but I would like to see Mackie get more games at times to gauge how far along he is.

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 06:57 PM
£500,000 for McNulty, thank god the Tash is still here as he would never sanction that one and I think most Hibbies would agree with him!!!

It is a no from me, not done nearly enough to pursue a permanent transfer and certainly not at half a million pounds!

What do you think it would cost to buy out his long contract?

hibeerealist
19-05-2019, 07:08 PM

hibeerealist
19-05-2019, 07:16 PM
What do you think it would cost to buy out his long contract?

As you say, it is not a lot down south but up here you would want a lot more for your dough. You also need to factor in his wages, he is on considerably more than we can pay him and he has another 3-4 years at that level unless he chooses to go if his club want him away.

Hibs will not pay the fee or wages that would be required here, this one is a no go.

As a club I think there is no doubt that should the right player become available (and we think it really good value with potential to sell on) then £500,000 is realistic but it would need to tick every box before we would jump in at that price.

McNulty is not that player in my opinion, let’s see.

loanheadhibby
19-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Jokers because they haven't been picked? Hardly their fault is it

So if it's not their fault they are not playing, who is to blame? Has their application not been good enough or are they just not as good as the current players and therefore poor scouting? Either way, a complete waste of 2 wages. By the way, that's money you and I put into the club in one way or another.

Hibee Mac
19-05-2019, 08:37 PM
Is it just me or does Hecky seem so organised and knows exactly what he wants next season already with targets named etc

Couldn't help but feel with Lennon he was just flying by the seat of his pants every window without any real plan. What Hecky seems to be doing is what I would expect from any manager - be organised and get ahead of the game.

Very refreshing, let's see if he can pull it off!

Calidad
19-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Allan is only really going to work in 4-3-3 in MF, or a 4-2-3-1 behind the striker.

Is a midfield consisting of a new DMF, Mallan, Allan balanced enough?

Given the players that we already have, I’d suggest that we need to bring in a goal scoring CF, and a (right footed) LW. We probably need a new RB too.

———————-Marciano
RB———Porteous——Hanlon——-Stevenson
—————-DMF———Mallan
———————-Allan
Boyle————-CF—————LWF

The likes of Gray, Mackie, McGregor, Kamberi, Horgan, Murray, Shaw as squad options?

Finding a CF will be particularly difficult.

How’s Brandon Barker been doing? Would he be an option for LWF?

northern-hibee
19-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Allan is only really going to work in 4-3-3 in MF, or a 4-2-3-1 behind the striker.

Is a midfield consisting of a new DMF, Mallan, Allan balanced enough?

Given the players that we already have, I’d suggest that we need to bring in a goal scoring CF, and a (right footed) LW. We probably need a new RB too.

———————-Marciano
RB———Porteous——Hanlon——-Stevenson
—————-DMF———Mallan
———————-Allan
Boyle————-CF—————LWF

The likes of Gray, Mackie, McGregor, Kamberi, Horgan, Murray, Shaw as squad options?

Finding a CF will be particularly difficult.

How’s Brandon Barker been doing? Would he be an option for LWF?

Hopefully Hanlon gone as well, dreadful season, past it now I’m afraid

hfc rd
19-05-2019, 10:55 PM
I have a bad feeling that was Marciano’s last game for us today.

Hopefully not but you probably have a point.

He’s been absolutely tremendous and his performances will certainly not have gone unnoticed by clubs who are looking for a GK this summer.

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2019, 10:58 PM

Or just had a poor season which is rare and he deserves a bit of support? Definitely not passed it

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 11:09 PM
Or just had a poor season which is rare and he deserves a bit of support? Definitely not passed it

The idea that any player could be "past it" at 29 is ludicrous.

Greencore
19-05-2019, 11:47 PM

Derek Riordan.

JohnM1875
19-05-2019, 11:54 PM
Derek Riordan.

Touche.

oldbutdim
20-05-2019, 12:03 AM

It looks to me that his injury has disrupted his progress.
Hopefully we get a fully fit Paul Hanlon next season and no further daft comments like him being 'past it'.

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2019, 05:59 AM
It looks to me that his injury has disrupted his progress.
Hopefully we get a fully fit Paul Hanlon next season and no further daft comments like him being 'past it'.

PH has had a poor season, and the other PH only has what he's seen of him this season to judge him with.

The club will be telling him he has been better than this in the past, but he should be worried about his drop in form and worried that PH does not see his position as one that needs improving.

Paul Hanlon really needs to improve on this season, we know that, and he will know that, can he get back to how he was a couple of seasons ago?

Brightside
20-05-2019, 06:55 AM
Paul Hanlon has to be exceptional to get the backing of many on this forum. He hasn’t been exceptional this season but he’s been far from poor. Another good game yesterday and people are saying he’s finished. Laughable stuff. As ever thankfully our coaching team know better otherwise we’d have a new back 4 every season.

matty_f
20-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Paul Hanlon has to be exceptional to get the backing of many on this forum. He hasn’t been exceptional this season but he’s been far from poor. Another good game yesterday and people are saying he’s finished. Laughable stuff. As ever thankfully our coaching team know better otherwise we’d have a new back 4 every season.

I think Paul had a couple of months where he was nowhere near his usual levels but he improved with game time and I thought that he'd been back to near his best for the run in.

You're right, suggestions he's finished are laughable.

Paloschi
20-05-2019, 07:16 AM
Think the clear out will happen by default as we have so many loan players.

I am happy we will have a core to build on:
Marciano
Gray
Porto
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson
Mallan
S Allan
Horgan
Boyle
Kamberi

Are all capable - I think up front and DM is where we should look. Shaw should be loaned out this time.

Borderhibbie76
20-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Is it just me or does Hecky seem so organised and knows exactly what he wants next season already with targets named etc

Couldn't help but feel with Lennon he was just flying by the seat of his pants every window without any real plan. What Hecky seems to be doing is what I would expect from any manager - be organised and get ahead of the game.

Very refreshing, let's see if he can pull it off!Sounded from his post match press conf like he knows exactly who he wants and if he doesn't get them he has back ups lined up too. I agree seems like a man with a plan...let's hope it comes off

superfurryhibby
20-05-2019, 07:33 AM

I think Paul had a couple of months where he was nowhere near his usual levels but he improved with game time and I thought that he'd been back to near his best for the run in.

You're right, suggestions he's finished are laughable.

Totally with these views. Ludicrous that anyone can be as stupid as to suggest Hanlon’s finished, taking the piss surely?

Hanlon’s had a strong finish to the season, as have the rest of the defence. The strongest part of the team, by miles. Our goal difference tells it’s own tale and they have all played a big part.

Cover for the defence is important, but the key areas for improvement lie up front and central midfield.

hibs#1
20-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Some stats guy on twitter can remember who had different stats for all the centre backs in the league and according to them Hanlon is one of the best in the league.

danhibees1875
20-05-2019, 11:03 AM

What if he's also Finnish? :greengrin

Back-up RB, back-up CB, box to box CM (Omeonga?), and 2 CF's. I think that's our shopping list.

Hold on to Marciano, get Kamberi back up to speed and reintroduce Porteous, Boyle, and Allan. Looks like Fraser Murray and Mackie should be knocking on the door next year also.

LancsHibs
20-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Love Paul Hanlon and all he has done for Hibs but will be disappointed if our manger is not at least looking to replace him. There is no room for sentiment, our cup winning hero’s will have to be replaced at some point and if PH can get better than Hanlon, Gray, Stevenson then the time is now

MWHIBBIES
20-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Love Paul Hanlon and all he has done for Hibs but will be disappointed if our manger is not at least looking to replace him. There is no room for sentiment, our cup winning hero’s will have to be replaced at some point and if PH can get better than Hanlon, Gray, Stevenson then the time is now

He's just got rid of Marv so it's obviously nothing to do with sentiment, Hanlon is just a classy player.

Diclonius
20-05-2019, 11:49 AM

There is absolutely no reason why Hanlon shoudn't be our first choice centre back next season.

Aim Here
20-05-2019, 11:54 AM
There is absolutely no reason why Hanlon shoudn't be our first choice centre back next season.

If Ryan Porteous comes back with the same form as he had for the first half of last season, that would be a pretty decent reason.

B.H.F.C
20-05-2019, 11:55 AM

If he doesn’t improve on this years form then that’s a pretty good reason.

elevengoats
20-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Players I want to see in the team next year (not necessarily in the starting 11):

Allan
Mallan
Horgan
Boyle
Omeonga
Gray
Porteous
Marciano

Other players (including McNulty) - not too bothered.
A really good DM who can dictate the game would do miracles for Hibs. And we obviously need a massive upgrade in attack.
Need to strengthen a few more positions but DM and FW is a priority.

easty
20-05-2019, 11:57 AM

Next season, and the season after that, and the season after that (at least) :agree:

easty
20-05-2019, 12:00 PM
If he doesn’t improve on this years form then that’s a pretty good reason.

He didn't have his best season in a Hibs strip, but he was nowhere near as bad some make out he was. 4th best defensive record in the league, he was a massive part of that.

B.H.F.C
20-05-2019, 12:05 PM
He didn't have his best season in a Hibs strip, but he was nowhere near as bad some make out he was. 4th best defensive record in the league, he was a massive part of that.

I think he’s made too many silly mistakes. Even yesterday, needlessly gave the ball away right before half time, they score, game changes.

Of the back four, his place is most at risk IMO.

Tug Wilson
20-05-2019, 12:15 PM
What if he's also Finnish? :greengrin

Back-up RB, back-up CB, box to box CM (Omeonga?), and 2 CF's. I think that's our shopping list.

Hold on to Marciano, get Kamberi back up to speed and reintroduce Porteous, Boyle, and Allan. Looks like Fraser Murray and Mackie should be knocking on the door next year also.

Pretty much this.

Think a central midfielder who can sit in (the infamous Matty Jack role) is needed now that Marv and Milligan are away. However it sounds as though Heckingbottom has at least one candidate in mind.

We went into this season little on strikers so could see 2 or 3 brought in.

And with regards the defence. Any additional defender brought in will have a tough task to get in team ahead of the players we have now. Same for the keeper.

Diclonius
20-05-2019, 12:26 PM

And our personal best defensive record in the top flight since 2001.

Brightside
20-05-2019, 02:27 PM
I think he’s made too many silly mistakes. Even yesterday, needlessly gave the ball away right before half time, they score, game changes.

Of the back four, his place is most at risk IMO.

Ludicrous. :greengrin

Since452
20-05-2019, 02:31 PM
Pretty much this.

Think a central midfielder who can sit in (the infamous Matty Jack role) is needed now that Marv and Milligan are away. However it sounds as though Heckingbottom has at least one candidate in mind.

We went into this season little on strikers so could see 2 or 3 brought in.

And with regards the defence. Any additional defender brought in will have a tough task to get in team ahead of the players we have now. Same for the keeper.

That's now the Marvin Bartley role 😉

Diclonius
20-05-2019, 02:50 PM
That's now the Marvin Bartley role 😉

Yup.

Bangkok Hibby
20-05-2019, 04:45 PM
We're crying out for consistency. Every position bar goalkeeper lacks consistently good performances. Mistakes are regularly made all over the pitch. I'm sure it will be a bigger clear out than we all imagine.

Thought so. 12 first team squad confirmed

Peevemor
20-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Thought so. 12 first team squad confirmedThere are no real surprises though and we could still see 2-3 of the loan players returning.

Bangkok Hibby
20-05-2019, 04:57 PM
There are no real surprises though and we could still see 2-3 of the loan players returning.

Yes, like to see Omeonga back. Not sure about the other popular choice McNulty though.

percy veer
20-05-2019, 05:15 PM
id like another CB ( I think porteuos injury may be more serious and a knee popping out all the time is not a good thing) I would also go for macdonald of motherwell.

Hibbyradge
20-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Yes, like to see Omeonga back. Not sure about the other popular choice McNulty though.

I much prefer Sparky to Kamberi.

He'll score, and assist, a lot of goals for us when Boyle and Allen are back in the team.

Bangkok Hibby
20-05-2019, 05:25 PM
I much prefer Sparky to Kamberi.

He'll score, and assist, a lot of goals for us when Boyle and Allen are back in the team.

Maybe. We're putting a lot of faith in our forwards improving once we have Allen back. Hope that proves to be the case.

Bangkok Hibby
20-05-2019, 05:26 PM
id like another CB ( I think porteuos injury may be more serious and a knee popping out all the time is not a good thing) I would also go for macdonald of motherwell.

Really hope this isn't a career threatening injury. Sure I read somewhere recently he's only just doing walking training.

CMurdoch
20-05-2019, 05:52 PM
He's just got rid of Marv so it's obviously nothing to do with sentiment, Hanlon is just a classy player.

??? Marv is out of contract and Hanlon isn't so Marv is away and Hanlon staying.

CMurdoch
20-05-2019, 05:55 PM
id like another CB ( I think porteuos injury may be more serious and a knee popping out all the time is not a good thing) I would also go for macdonald of motherwell. Who???

04Sauzee
20-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Really hope this isn't a career threatening injury. Sure I read somewhere recently he's only just doing walking training.

Started light running just over 2 weeks ago, haven't heard off any breakdown so think his recovery is going well
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48128076

superfurryhibby
20-05-2019, 06:30 PM

Porteous is stepping up his recovery and has started running.

Diclonius
21-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Porteous is stepping up his recovery and has started running.

Should he be back for pre season?

My_Wife_Camille
21-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Message to Heckingbottom - Sign Hiram Boateng immediately or get OUT.

percy veer
21-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Who???

meant Campbell, no sure why I said macdonald

sean04
21-05-2019, 09:51 AM
I see the lad Kane o Conner is away? Wasn't he on trial at Burnley?

Haymaker
21-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Derek Riordan.

Could still do a job for us I reckon

HoboHarry
21-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Could still do a job for us I reckon
Too right he could, team him up with Marc Libbra.....

Borderhibbie76
21-05-2019, 08:31 PM

Of the back four, his place is most at risk IMO.The problems for the 1st goal conceded began with Horgan having a total daydream in midfield

B.H.F.C
21-05-2019, 08:35 PM
The problems for the 1st goal conceded began with Horgan having a total daydream in midfield

Not Hanlon playing it directly to an Aberdeen player under no pressure?

Borderhibbie76
21-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Not Hanlon playing it directly to an Aberdeen player under no pressure?Is Hanlon to blame for Brexit and global warming too??

B.H.F.C
21-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Is Hanlon to blame for Brexit and global warming too??

Silly response that. Obviously that’s Neil Lennon’s fault.

Borderhibbie76
21-05-2019, 08:47 PM
Silly response that. Obviously that’s Neil Lennon’s fault.Haha very true.

Joking aside I agree Hanlon hasn't had the best of seasons but honestly think the back 4 is the least concerning area of our team just now...middle to front are where the biggest issues lie. That's not to say the defence cannot be improved upon however

Haymaker
22-05-2019, 02:18 AM

Where's Steve with the daffy gif?

Mixu62
22-05-2019, 05:53 AM

With Agathe supplying the crosses for them.