PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Aberdeen

Pages : 1 [2]

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Thought we played well today definitely deserved at least a point and I don’t think anyone would argue if we got all 3. A couple of mistakes cost us dearly.

There will be a big turnaround of players and hopefully we get a bit more physicality and power.

That’s the thing, there are too many times where we make a couple of mistakes IMO.

Aberdeen had hardly been up the park but found themselves 2-1 up. Same against Hearts. Hardly up the park but get a late equaliser.

Can talk about teams getting a break of the ball but you can’t keep leaving strikers standing in the middle of the goals on their own.

Weegreenman
19-05-2019, 06:06 PM
They were out after about 10 mins max ffs. Too much to ask for folk to wait?

:agree:

hibee_girl
19-05-2019, 06:13 PM
Wasn’t happy at having to wait on the players coming back out. Took what seemed like an eternity. I got bored as did quite a few others and ended up ****ing off home! Poor show from the people who decided it would be a good idea to make us all hang around. Stadium must have been half empty when the players came back out.

Aberdeen had no such problems :rolleyes:

If you read the match day info Hibs put it they made it clear our players would go back inside at full time then come back out once Aberdeen had seen their fans.

Not sure why people are surprised, it happens every last home game of the season.

Weegreenman
19-05-2019, 06:21 PM
If you read the match day info Hibs put it they made it clear our players would go back inside at full time then come back out once Aberdeen had seen their fans.

Not sure why people are surprised, it happens every last home game of the season.

Why do they have to go back in the dressing room though? Why not just do what the Aberdeen players did and get on with it? Making supporters hang around for ten minutes is poor in my opinion and in a lot of other supporters opinions also as the high numbers who left the stadium show. Poor show!

goosefat
19-05-2019, 06:24 PM
relegation form
:wink:

GreenCastle
19-05-2019, 06:24 PM
Today showed like previous weeks - middle to final 3rd we were wasteful / not good enough.

If we were better we would have certainly beat Hearts and won today. At 1-0 we were better team and 2-0 and it was over.

Didn't take chances and let them back into it.

They really aren't great - just a better Hearts - but not great to watch on the eye and no coincidence they finished 4th just 1 place above us.

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 06:26 PM
I would’ve played ageypong more as soon as he was fit and I would’ve seen what Bigi and Spector offered, given the enthusiasm of the former and the calibre of the latter.

Agyepong hasn't really done much any game he has played though, the other 2 cant really comment on as I haven't seen anywhere near enough of them to give an opinion

Tyler Durden
19-05-2019, 06:32 PM
As disappointing as the season may have been, given our record since the SPL was formed with the split back in 1998 this is only the second time we have secured back to back top finishes so it really wasn't a disaster. The last time was under Mowbray.

I'm not for a second suggesting this season was what I wanted but it's not really comparable to the Fenlon days when we were lauding finishing 7th because we had been 6th for 'most of the season'.

Mowbray finished 3rd and then 4th. The next 3 season we finished 6th each time I think.

Doesn’t contradict your point at all but just pointing this out, as not clear if you’re referring to top 6 finishes or top 5!

tamig
19-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Why do they have to go back in the dressing room though? Why not just do what the Aberdeen players did and get on with it? Making supporters hang around for ten minutes is poor in my opinion and in a lot of other supporters opinions also as the high numbers who left the stadium show. Poor show!

Away man. Ten mins ffs. The players came back out with their kids. How was that going to happen if they’d stayed out on the pitch right after the game? What a pathetic moan.

Bishop Hibee
19-05-2019, 06:54 PM
Summed up our season. Don’t quite have the players to take advantage when we’re on top. A more streetwise team beats us. I am however confident that Hecky will sort the squad out and get that steel and energy in midfield and up front.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2019, 06:55 PM
wasn't sure at the game but watching it on Alba the now, i really don't think that was a penalty

Allant1981
19-05-2019, 06:56 PM
wasn't sure at the game but watching it on Alba the now, i really don't think that was a penalty

Was very soft, didnt think he actually touched him at the time

Unseen work
19-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Are people genuinely questioning Heckingbottom? Hahha

Jumped from 8th to 5th with some impressive wins in there

Hearts away
St Johnstone away

2 games I never fancy us to win.

He has brought a style of play, instilled confidence and brought and organisation to a group of players who were brutal for most the season

He likes to play a high press, energetic performance which is something we don’t have with the current players.

He has already made 2 big decisions with Bartley and Milligan and I suspect it will be a good window.

On his short time here, I don’t see how you can feel anything but confidence and optimism for next season based on how he’s done.

Since he’s came in our form has been 3rd best. Il take that for next season.

Weegreenman
19-05-2019, 07:24 PM
Away man. Ten mins ffs. The players came back out with their kids. How was that going to happen if they’d stayed out on the pitch right after the game? What a pathetic moan.

Thousands ****ed off home. Had the players not disappeared for ten minutes and stayed on the pitch, then I’m sure that more fans would have hung around.

HFC93
19-05-2019, 07:29 PM
Hibs fans having a go at Hecky ffs. He hasn't even had a transfer window yet!

jacomo
19-05-2019, 07:36 PM
Yeah it’s not a popular view but I’m far from impressed with the manager.

Why is that?

He got us top six but went out the cup (albeit to Celtc). He seems to conduct himself well in person and through the media.

What were you expecting from him?

matty_f
19-05-2019, 07:42 PM
I honestly enjoyed watching us today. First half especially, we were excellent, and I thought we were the better team in the second half other than 10-15 minutes around their second goal.

Diclonius
19-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Hibs fans having a go at Hecky ffs. He hasn't even had a transfer window yet!

Football is getting more and more like this. Managers get shelved with the blame for everything when they're barely in the door, by fans, players and boardroom staff alike. It's disappointing but not surprising.

bingo70
19-05-2019, 07:54 PM
I honestly enjoyed watching us today. First half especially, we were excellent, and I thought we were the better team in the second half other than 10-15 minutes around their second goal.

Derek Mcinnes was also full of praise tor how we played too.

tamig
19-05-2019, 08:11 PM
Thousands ****ed off home. Had the players not disappeared for ten minutes and stayed on the pitch, then I’m sure that more fans would have hung around.

Thats their problem. It was announced at the start what would happen. If folk couldn’t be ersed waiting for ten minutes to thank the players and management then it doesn’t say too much about them.

Speedway
19-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Why is that?

He got us top six but went out the cup (albeit to Celtc). He seems to conduct himself well in person and through the media.

What were you expecting from him?

Better results post split.

Speedway
19-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Agyepong hasn't really done much any game he has played though, the other 2 cant really comment on as I haven't seen anywhere near enough of them to give an opinion

Which is why playing them might have been an idea rather than sticking with players who ‘weren’t up to it.’

SaulGoodman
19-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Is there an internet equivalent of people that enjoy the sound of their own voice?

HoboHarry
19-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Is there an internet equivalent of people that enjoy the sound of their own voice?
Aye, Hibs.net.....

Lago
19-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Aye, Hibs.net.....
😂👍

Stevie Reid
19-05-2019, 09:26 PM

Totally agree re: first half - we were excellent, should have been further ahead, and were unlucky to go in level.

Second half was really poor though IMO. Not too bad until we went behind but so disappointing afterwards.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2019, 11:08 PM
Mr Mallan moves up to joint 3rd in the yellow card league, along with scott brown =10

Allant1981
20-05-2019, 06:11 AM
Which is why playing them might have been an idea rather than sticking with players who ‘weren’t up to it.’

The coaching staff see them everyday, do you honestly think if they thought they were better than what was on the park then they would keep them on the bench or not even in the squad? I highly doubt it

Tug Wilson
20-05-2019, 06:31 AM
The coaching staff see them everyday, do you honestly think if they thought they were better than what was on the park then they would keep them on the bench or not even in the squad? I highly doubt it

Don't let logic rain on his parade

Ardenttwo
20-05-2019, 07:53 AM

Aye ###### home. More like ####### off to the pub as losing 10 minutes of booze would be a total disaster

jacomo
20-05-2019, 09:29 AM
Better results post split.

Ok fair enough but it was always a tough task to make up the ground to Killie and Aberdeen.

Disappointing, but ‘far from impressed’ suggests Hecky has done nothing positive since he came in, which is not the case.

Speedway
20-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Ok fair enough but it was always a tough task to make up the ground to Killie and Aberdeen.

Disappointing, but ‘far from impressed’ suggests Hecky has done nothing positive since he came in, which is not the case.

Far from impressed is a counterbalance to the ‘ Hecky’s at the wheel’ carried away bollocks which, like the ‘Ole’s at the wheel’ bollocks that we nicked it off, overlooks a very poor recent win ratio for both managers.

The bottom line is that ‘Hecky’ has taken 2 points from 15 in post split fixtures with 0 wins in 5.

Yes, I’m far from impressed with that.

DarlingtonHibee
20-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Aye, Hibs.net.....

That made me laugh 😂

J-C
20-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Far from impressed is a counterbalance to the ‘ Hecky’s at the wheel’ carried away bollocks which, like the ‘Ole’s at the wheel’ bollocks that we nicked it off, overlooks a very poor recent win ratio for both managers.

The bottom line is that ‘Hecky’ has taken 2 points from 15 in post split fixtures with 0 wins in 5.

Another one in your eyes that's probably gash. 🙄

Smartie
20-05-2019, 11:02 AM

FWIW I strongly believe that he will be less impressed than you are about it - hence the "difficult decisions" on a couple of senior players recently. He will be working his knackers off to make sure he gets the players in to improve upon this sorry statistic next season.

I don't know what else he could be expected to do with the players he had at his disposal in recent games. He had very limited alternatives and no wiggle room.

Speedway
20-05-2019, 11:12 AM
FWIW I strongly believe that he will be less impressed than you are about it - hence the "difficult decisions" on a couple of senior players recently. He will be working his knackers off to make sure he gets the players in to improve upon this sorry statistic next season.

I don't know what else he could be expected to do with the players he had at his disposal in recent games. He had very limited alternatives and no wiggle room.

Win?

Speedway
20-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Another one in your eyes that's probably gash. 🙄

Yeah and I was way off on that player eh?

Since452
20-05-2019, 11:17 AM
I think Heckingbottom will have a far more active role in recruitment than Lennon did. There seemed to be a bit of a scatter gun approach to signing international players under the previous regime. Not a bad thing if they all fit into a system. I seem to remember the club boasting about how many international players we had at one point. I think Hecky will go for players he actually knows.

Smartie
20-05-2019, 11:38 AM
Win?

I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying to do.

With a squad of players who were generally inferior to their opposition.

He did about as well as could be expected, so I'm prepare to cut him a bit of slack.

No slack will be cut when he has his own players in position.

He won't have any hiding place next season.

J-C
20-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Win?

He did win, took us from 8th to 5th with a squad that isn't his. Instead of being a moaning auld git, how about giving this manager at least one window to bring in his own players.

JeMeSouviens
20-05-2019, 12:40 PM

The last 20 mins vs Hearts and the Sevco game were big disappointments for sure. You're right we shouldn't be carried away, but surely he's not been bad enough to get written off either? :confused:

Heisenberg
20-05-2019, 12:52 PM

Difference is Ole has been losing against teams United should never be losing against. Hecky has been up against the best in the league with an average squad of players.

Give him a break ffs!

Shrekko
20-05-2019, 12:56 PM
Plenty evidence that we’ll be a lot better organised and prepared under Heckingbottom. The run to the top 6 was verging on miraculous when you consider they state of the team when he took over. That was job done if people like it or not. A win or 2 after the split would have been nice but merely a bonus as we were NEVER going to break the top 4. The players switched off the last 2/3 games which is something that just happens when games are meaningless.

People are probably under estimating what a huge loss Boyle was- he gives us another dimension. Even when not at his best he stretches defences like nobody else.

We’ve got Porteous and Allan to come in to. A few good additions and we’ll be absolutely fine.

Keith_M
20-05-2019, 01:02 PM
Instead of being "far from impressed", or announcing he's the new messiah, why not have a slightly more balanced view?

We could recognize that he managed to get us from 8th place to fifth in a very short spell, making up a massive deficit in points behind Hearts to actually overtake them. He also helped us get a first win at Tynecastle in quite a few years.

The downside is that the team weren't good enough to get a win in the final five games, losing three by a single goal.

However, as others have already said, he inherited this squad of players mid season and hasn't yet had a transfer window to bring in his own players.

Why don't we just wait and see how it all pans out and just get behind our club.

HFC93
20-05-2019, 01:03 PM

Singing a catchy light hearted song about our manager. Proper scandal.

Northernhibee
20-05-2019, 01:06 PM
Difference is Ole has been losing against teams United should never be losing against. Hecky has been up against the best in the league with an average squad of players.

Give him a break ffs!
If anyone offered us fifth after the utter shambles that Lennon had left behind they would have bitten their hand off. We have a depleted team that was unbalanced to begin with and he’s done a fine job. End of the season disappointing but fatigue was clear and a good pre season will help things.

Speedway
20-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Singing a catchy light hearted song about our manager. Proper scandal.

Turning on the board once self created expectations don’t materialise - Hibs supporter speciality.

HFC93
20-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Turning on the board once self created expectations don’t materialise - Hibs supporter speciality.

Which of the lyrics in the song build expectation?

superfurryhibby
20-05-2019, 02:41 PM

Aye, a bit like denigrating our supporters for not providing our board with a similar level of funding to those offered by fans of our main rivals.

Speedway
20-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Aye, a bit like denigrating our supporters for not providing our board with a similar level of funding to those offered by fans of our main rivals.

Why is that again?

G B Young
20-05-2019, 03:30 PM

Yep, thought we played well too. Not really getting the negativity of some. As the table shows we've not been good enough for top 4 but some shrewd signings can get us there.

Broken Gnome
20-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Can't really work out the criticism here. Everyone knows that were no better than fifth - that was obvious as far back as the Kilmarnock 0-0 game when we looked short, but we rarely looked better than seventh or eighth a few months back.

We've not won post-split but drawn against Celtic and looked capable of winning against Hearts and Aberdeen. That we didn't probably puts us where we're currently at - good enough in patches but still inferior to Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. Heckingbottom's not been perfect - Hearts at home in particular - but we're better than we were and he prevented the disaster the season looked like being.

We're also not the hoofball team some seem to think we are, which has been the other main slight against him. Can't honestly see how he couldn't be viewed as anything as a 7/10 over the piece, and has made all the right noises going forward.

Liberal Hibby
20-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Can't really work out the criticism here. Everyone knows that were no better than fifth - that was obvious as far back as the Kilmarnock 0-0 game when we looked short, but we rarely looked better than seventh or eighth a few months back.

We've not won post-split but drawn against Celtic and looked capable of winning against Hearts and Aberdeen. That we didn't probably puts us where we're currently at - good enough in patches but still inferior to Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. Heckingbottom's not been perfect - Hearts at home in particular - but we're better than we were and he prevented the disaster the season looked like being.

We're also not the hoofball team some seem to think we are, which has been the other main slight against him. Can't honestly see how he couldn't be viewed as anything as a 7/10 over the piece, and has made all the right noises going forward.

I think that's fair. I haven't seen much of us this season, but clearly Heck improved us from the mid season slump and I hope he improves us even more next year. It's possibly because I'm married to a (dirty) Leeds fan but I have a niggling doubt that Heckingbottom flatters to deceive and he does what he did at Leeds which is get a bounce for ten games or so but can't take it further. Despite crashing and burning at the end of the season Bielsa did far better than Heckingbottom with basically the same players at Leeds.

But let's see what the new season brings...

HFC93
20-05-2019, 04:40 PM

Good post. I thought we played some really good stuff yesterday.