PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MARK MILLIGAN TO DEPART

RSS Bot
18-05-2019, 04:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9973)

Since452
18-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Always tried hard. All the best Mark.

Diclonius
18-05-2019, 04:13 PM
That's a shame, thought he could have been a success for at least another season here.

Golden Bear
18-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Mark is a classy player, I thoroughly enjoyed his appearances in a Hibs jersey.

All the best for the future Mark and thanks for your contribution.

:flag:

hfc rd
18-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Always gave his all.

All the best Mark

scoopyboy
18-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Nothing against Mark Milligan or Marvin Bartley but that's two wages freed up to bring other players in.

Probably the best part of £5k per week that can be used elsewhere.

Mantis Toboggan
18-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Nothing against Mark Milligan or Marvin Bartley but that's two wages freed up to bring other players in.

Agree, we need to improve in midfield and that's a fair amount towards doing so

Lago
18-05-2019, 05:01 PM
That's a shame, thought he could have been a success for at least another season here.
Probably got him a couple of years too late, but he did well for us.

The_Horde
18-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Subsantially more than that combined.

goosefat
18-05-2019, 05:12 PM
And so the bi-seasonal squad rebuild begins...

You could set your watch to it.

theonlywayisup
18-05-2019, 05:47 PM
I thought that Milligan showed many glimpses of a player who has played in many World Cups and is captain of his national side. However, he was slow.

The fact he plays for Hibernian should be seen as a positive.

He played well against the poorer SPFL teams, but struggled against the better teams. Is that a failing of Milligan or the team? Had Milligan played in last season's team I think he would have made us better.

Sorry to see him go. But happy that some Hibs fans will have one less scapegoat to blame!

The_Horde
18-05-2019, 05:47 PM
I thought that Milligan showed many glimpses of a player who has played in many World Cups and is captain of his national side. However, he was slow.

He played well against the poorer SPFL teams, but struggled against the better teams. Is that a failing of Milligan or the team? Had Milligan played in last season's team I think he would have made us better.

Sorry to see him go. But happy that some Hibs fans will have one less scapegoat to blame!

Here's to the next one.

Brooster
18-05-2019, 05:58 PM

What is the combined weekly wage of Milligan and Bartley?

Pretty Boy
18-05-2019, 06:01 PM
He's been a decent player in the last 6 months but as one of our highest earners I don't believe we can't attract better. Obviously the manger agrees.

Thanks for your efforts MM.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Hibs Ave salary is £103K per year

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/premiership/the-average-wage-paid-by-scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-in-order-1-4880885/amp

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2019, 06:04 PM
See what happens when you show you’ve got a long throw

Ozyhibby
18-05-2019, 06:07 PM

Heckingbottom doesn’t think he’s up to it but you have a go at fans who think the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
18-05-2019, 06:13 PM

Obviously the manager sees him as a 'scapegoat' as well or his departure wouldn'tbe happening.

Hermit Crab
18-05-2019, 06:15 PM
No real surprise this. Making room for new players, more will be leaving imo.

Tyler Durden
18-05-2019, 06:23 PM

He wouldn’t have got near last seasons team.

superfurryhibby
18-05-2019, 06:25 PM
Hopefully we can find someone with more energy to fill the role.

All the best to him though, no shortage of effort and he contributed to some decent performances.

J-C
18-05-2019, 09:08 PM

He doesn't know.

Hibeesmad
18-05-2019, 09:11 PM
He has been an instrumental part of getting us into the top six after the Asian Cup. I believe it was his decision to leave rather than the clubs.

theonlywayisup
18-05-2019, 09:13 PM
He wouldn’t have got near last seasons team.

Good one - played in all his nations games in the World Cup but not good enough for a Hibs team that finished 4th in a poor league.

Hibbyradge
18-05-2019, 09:14 PM
He has been an instrumental part of getting us into the top six after the Asian Cup. I believe it was his decision to leave rather than the clubs.

It was the club's decision.

He said that he wanted to stay.

Read the article. “I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’m sorry it’s come to an end."

theonlywayisup
18-05-2019, 09:19 PM

Read the article. “I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’m sorry it’s come to an end."

Eh....

"I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’m sorry it’s come to an end." doesn't mean "I wanted to stay but Hibs asked me to leave".

Tyler Durden
18-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Good one - played in all his nations games in the World Cup but not good enough for a Hibs team that finished 4th in a poor league.

Australia are bang average.

Would Milligan have played ahead of McGinn, McGeouch or Allan last season? I don’t even think he’d have been ahead of Bartley in midfield.

He wouldn’t have played in a back 3 ahead of Hanlon, Efe, Porteous or McGregor either. So no, he wouldn’t have improved us last season at all. He’s had an average season with a team that finished 5th in a poor league and has been released.

Tyler Durden
18-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Eh....

"I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’m sorry it’s come to an end." doesn't mean "I wanted to stay but Hibs asked me to leave".

Kenny Millar (a Hibs employee) has confirmed that is the case.

J-C
18-05-2019, 09:22 PM

I think it's called being polite, yes he's enjoyed his time but maybe after speaking to Hecky he's realised he'll get few games next season, the standard thanks to everyone sort of statement from both parties.

theonlywayisup
18-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Kenny Millar (a Hibs employee) has confirmed that is the case.

I'm only going by the report that the other poster referred too. Where's the Kenny Millar quote.

Tyler Durden
18-05-2019, 09:30 PM
I'm only going by the report that the other poster referred too. Where's the Kenny Millar quote.

He tweeted it earlier confirming it was Hibs option rather than Milligan’s.

I’m not saying Milligan was terrible btw, just nothing special IMO and think we’ll sign better

supermcginn
18-05-2019, 09:33 PM

He wouldn't have got near last seasons team.

Hibbyradge
18-05-2019, 09:34 PM
Eh....

He had the option of staying, so if he had instigated the move, he wouldn't have said that he was sorry it's come to an end.

If it had been his decision he'd have said something along the lines of "I've enjoyed playing for Hibs, but it's time to move on".

At least that's my take.

theonlywayisup
18-05-2019, 09:35 PM

Would Milligan have played ahead of McGinn, McGeouch or Allan last season? I don’t even think he’d have been ahead of Bartley in midfield.

He wouldn’t have played in a back 3 ahead of Hanlon, Efe, Porteous or McGregor either. So no, he wouldn’t have improved us last season at all. He’s had an average season with a team that finished 5th in a poor league and has been released.

Right.....

France (eventually WC winners) 2 - Australia 1
Denmark (beaten by losing WC finalists) 1 - Australia 1
Peru 2 - Australia 0

Yet, you think he wouldn't strengthen a midfield of Allan, McGeoch and McGinn - only one of who is a Scotland internationalist, a country who can't even qualify for a World Cup. Stop talking rubbish.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Right.....

Peru 2 - Australia 0

Yet, you think he wouldn't strengthen a midfield of Allan, McGeoch and McGinn - only one of who is a Scotland internationalist, a country who can't even qualify for a World Cup. Stop talking rubbish.

He played centre half in those games for Australia.

And no, he wouldn’t have improved the midfield we had. As has been demonstrated this season.

Have you seen the list of teams Australia play in qualification?

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2019, 09:42 PM
Right.....

Peru 2 - Australia 0

Who would he have replaced out of them 3?

Forza Fred
18-05-2019, 09:50 PM
I think Hecky is planning to build his side with the focus on industry and mobility in midfield, as basically is the way of thevEnglish Championship.

Nothing wrong with that, and I just think Mark, who was on a decent wage, didn’t fully fit the profile and the decision was made to move him on, partly to free up some wage money.

Mark performed well, was a model professional, and I know enjoyed his time at Hibs.

When we signed him, and people in Edinburgh asked my opinion of him, I always said he was a good player, but one I wish they had signed when he was much younger.

Although he could find a club in The UK still, I think he will return to Oz and play out the rest of his career here.

Although, football’s a funny old game and nothing would surprise me.

I think most fans appreciate Mark’s time with us, and wish him well for the future.

supermcginn
18-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Right.....

Peru 2 - Australia 0

Absolute nonsense. Facts are he isn't in the same class as any of the three players mentioned based on performances in a hibs strip. Not even close.

Lago
18-05-2019, 09:59 PM
:top marks
I think Hecky is planning to build his side with the focus on industry and mobility in midfield, as basically is the way of thevEnglish Championship.

Nothing wrong with that, and I just think Mark, who was on a decent wage, didn’t fully fit the profile and the decision was made to move him on, partly to free up some wage money.

Mark performed well, was a model professional, and I know enjoyed his time at Hibs.

When we signed him, and people in Edinburgh asked my opinion of him, I always said he was a good player, but one I wish they had signed when he was much younger.

Although he could find a club in The UK still, I think he will return to Oz and play out the rest of his career here.

I think most fans appreciate Mark’s time with us, and wish him well for the future.

chrisski33
18-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Australia bang average?
Tbh would be good if Scotland could be average too then maybe we would make a world cup!

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 10:04 PM
Australia bang average?
Tbh would be good if Scotland could be average too then maybe we would make a world cup!

Said it in previous posts, but qualifying doesn’t make them a great side. Look at the teams they have to play to get there.

Hibbyradge
18-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Said it in previous posts, but qualifying doesn’t make them a great side. Look at the teams they have to play to get there.

Look at the team's Scotland have failed to beat!

mentalhibee
18-05-2019, 10:09 PM
I’ve been disappointed with Milligan, lacks any pace and always passes it backwards. Probably signed him 4 years too late.

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2019, 10:18 PM
He played centre half in those games for Australia.

And no, he wouldn’t have improved the midfield we had. As has been demonstrated this season.

Have you seen the list of teams Australia play in qualification?

Who could we have brought in on our wages that would have been better than Allan McGeouch and McGinn?

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 10:21 PM

Look at Scotland’s current qualifying group. Scotland fail to beat some terrible teams. But would Australia qualify for a group including Belgium and Russia? I don’t think so.

I don’t think Milligan is terrible. But I don’t agree that the fact he has 80 odd caps for Australia, makes him a really good player that we’re lucky to have. Based on what I’ve seen of him in a Hibs top, I think we can do better.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Who could we have brought in on our wages that would have been better than Allan McGeouch and McGinn?

McGinn and McGeough were on our wages.

We got them and developed them. I think that’s the way we need to go and for that reason I was never convinced by the signing of a 33 year old, probably at the top end of our wage bracket, to replace them.

I think we could have done better, even though I don’t think Milligan has been terrible.

MWHIBBIES
18-05-2019, 10:25 PM

He definitely wouldn't get in ahead of McGeouch, Mcginn or Allan. Slivka also has more caps than those 3 together and wouldn't get in (and I think he offers more than Milligan)

Brightside
18-05-2019, 10:27 PM
Slows the game down. Wouldn’t start if we had a stronger squad.

Pretty Boy
18-05-2019, 10:31 PM

No one. Hence why we had a midfield of Slivka, Mallan and Milligan for large parts of the season.

chrisski33
18-05-2019, 10:52 PM

Scotland wouldnt qualify if we played the teams Australia played

Hibernia&Alba
18-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Best of luck to Mark - top man.

BSEJVT
18-05-2019, 11:20 PM
I think its as much change in philosophy as anything else.

Under Lennon we have gone back to the tried and failed ways of signing aged players with no sell on value.

I was much happier with the Stubbs ways of bringing in (mostly) younger players with something to prove.

I am personally much happier that the squad age looks to be moving down and hope we sign young athletic players as during a good few games this year we looked well over run in midfield.

Whittaker who is past it and Slivka who will never progress further next to go please.

With Gray and McGregor staying and Stevenson and even Hanlon aging we have enough experienced solid pros of good character to maintain the dressing room harmony

CB_NO3
19-05-2019, 12:28 AM

Agree with all of that.

Curried
19-05-2019, 12:31 AM

Like South Korea, Japan, and Iran?

Centre Hawf
19-05-2019, 12:48 AM

Decent sides. But hardly France, England, or Germany.

Curried
19-05-2019, 04:47 AM
Decent sides. But hardly France, England, or Germany.

In an historical context your right, but I do think that the international deficit in football talent between nations has closed markedly over the last couple of decades. Indeed, I'm sure I saw South Korea knock Germany out of the last World Cup.

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 05:55 AM

They qualified via playoffs against the might of Syria and Honduras for the last World Cup.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 06:05 AM
Agree, we need to improve in midfield and that's a fair amount towards doing soYup decent enough player who I wish well but he is not good enough against top 6 teams and that's been evident post split imo...been found wanting and been culpable for a lot of conceded goals by not marking properly at set pieces neither. Like the guy but we need better and it will a big wage better used elsewhere...decent servant for us tho who I wish well

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 06:06 AM

Sorry to see him go. But happy that some Hibs fans will have one less scapegoat to blame!Never been a scapegoat at all what utter garbage...if anything the fans have rated him higher than what he actually is imo...never a scapegoat that's for sure

Brooster
19-05-2019, 06:23 AM

What is the combined weekly wage? I'm interested to know.

Curried
19-05-2019, 06:26 AM
They qualified via playoffs against the might of Syria and Honduras for the last World Cup.

Aye that’s right after Honduras had beaten Mexico and qualified above the USA for the CONFACAF play-off spot.

Tyler Durden
19-05-2019, 06:34 AM
Scotland wouldnt qualify if we played the teams Australia played

I don’t see anyone on the thread who is shouting about Scotland being a quality side?

We’re just saying Milligan isn’t a great player at this stage. He wouldn’t have got into our team last season IMO. Done a job for a few months this year and good luck to him but having 80 caps for Oz doesn’t make him a first choice for Hibs.

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 06:46 AM
Aye that’s right after Honduras had beaten Mexico and qualified above the USA for the CONFACAF play-off spot.

That doesn’t show Honduras as a top side. A one off result and qualifying ahead of a poor American side. Australia finished third behind the half decent teams in their section and were able to fall back on a playoff against them.

I’m starting to stray from my original point which was that I don’t think Australia are anything more than average and they play a hell of a lot of less than average sides.

delbert
19-05-2019, 07:04 AM
That doesn’t show Honduras as a top side. A one off result and qualifying ahead of a poor American side. Australia finished third behind the half decent teams in their section and were able to fall back on a playoff against them.

I’m starting to stray from my original point which was that I don’t think Australia are anything more than average and they play a hell of a lot of less than average sides.

When teams play Scotland, they are playing an extremely average side !

Curried
19-05-2019, 07:15 AM

Back to you original point. I would like to contend that Australia have been much more than an average team over recent decades, qualifying consistently (often against top South American teams e.g. Uruguay) and performing very well against the best teams in the world. They were shafted at the last world cup against France by a very bad refereeing decision, and could well have won against the eventual winners. They were also on the wrong end of a very ordinarily penalty decision in Germany in 2006 after dominating Italy (the eventual winners) for most of the game.

You’re simply talking mince……Australia have been a very tasty football team for some time now, and there captain Mark Milligan has been a huge part in their success.

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 07:31 AM
Back to you original point. I would like to contend that Australia have been much more than an average team over recent decades, qualifying consistently (often against top South American teams e.g. Uruguay) and performing very well against the best teams in the world. They were shafted at the last world cup against France by a very bad refereeing decision, and could well have won against the eventual winners. They were also on the wrong end of a very ordinarily penalty decision in Germany in 2006 after dominating Italy (the eventual winners) for most of the game.

You’re simply talking mince……Australia have been a very tasty football team for some time now, and there captain Mark Milligan has been a huge part in their success.

So your basing the fact that they’re a ‘tasty’ team on a lot of good results they might have had if it hadn’t been for dodgy decisions.

In 2010 they qualified for the World Cup from a group of Japan, Bahrain, Qatar and Uzbekistan where the top two qualified.

In 2014 they qualified from a group Japan, Jordan, Oman and Iraq. Again the top two qualified.

For 2018 they finished behind the half decent teams they faced and were able to fall back on a play off against Honduras.

Winning a playoff against Uruguay in 2006 is the exception to the above, that’s an achievement. But I’ll say that classing Australia as a very tasty team is mince.

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 07:32 AM
When teams play Scotland, they are playing an extremely average side !

Or more recently, a poor side.

The_Horde
19-05-2019, 07:38 AM
What is the combined weekly wage? I'm interested to know.

Mills is on just about that alone..

duffers
19-05-2019, 07:42 AM
I liked him and hope him all the best for the future.

Smartie
19-05-2019, 07:44 AM

Until we improve upon 3-0 defeats to Kazakhstan, that isn't really an argument that stands up.

Brooster
19-05-2019, 07:44 AM

Fair enough. What's the combined weekly wage of Milligan and Bartley though?

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 07:49 AM
Until we improve upon 3-0 defeats to Kazakhstan, that isn't really an argument that stands up.

I’m not comparing Scotland with Australia though. I know Scotland are a poor side. I just happen to think Australia benefit, in terms of qualification, from the standard of teams they play against.

The_Horde
19-05-2019, 07:53 AM

I'd be guessing but I'm assuming Bartley earns more than just a couple hundred quid a week..

Brooster
19-05-2019, 07:55 AM
I'd be guessing but I'm assuming Bartley earns more than just a couple hundred quid a week..

Thanks. I assumed you knew.

Springbank
19-05-2019, 08:01 AM
Good luck for the future Mark

PS for those talking about Australia v Denmark, I seem to recall John McGinn got man of the match in his international debut v Denmark, a game Scotland won 1-0.

The 90+2
19-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Cheers Milligan, good luck.

Correct decision has been made. He will sign for St Johnstone or someone if he stays in the UK.

Smartie
19-05-2019, 08:22 AM

Correct decision has been made. He will sign for St Johnstone or someone if he stays in the UK.

He'll go somewhere like Qatar where you can pick up large amounts of money for reputation and dominate games more easily.

Smartie
19-05-2019, 08:25 AM
I’m not comparing Scotland with Australia though. I know Scotland are a poor side. I just happen to think Australia benefit, in terms of qualification, from the standard of teams they play against.

Australia (and Milligan) put away the pish teams. They can only beat the teams in front of them then give the likes of France a tough game at the World Cup.

Scotland don't.

We'd be happy enough if we had a Scotland captain with 70 caps, even if that included numerous defeats to Georgia and the like.

neil7908
19-05-2019, 08:27 AM
The right move for the club.

Lennon brought some very good players in but the squad felt pretty unbalanced for much of this season and it was clear that we needed some younger legs in the team (enter Omeonga and McNulty).

We need someone more mobile to play defensive midfield and with Marv also going, we've surely got a decent wage to invest.

The 90+2
19-05-2019, 09:06 AM
He'll go somewhere like Qatar where you can pick up large amounts of money for reputation and dominate games more easily.

Yeah good call.

J-C
19-05-2019, 09:06 AM

Fantastic to have someone on here who has full knowledge of all the players salaries, considering things like that are usually very confidential.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2019, 09:13 AM
McGinn and McGeough were on our wages.

We got them and developed them. I think that’s the way we need to go and for that reason I was never convinced by the signing of a 33 year old, probably at the top end of our wage bracket, to replace them.

I think we could have done better, even though I don’t think Milligan has been terrible.

Of course we could have done better, every club in the world could sign better players. We went down the road of signing a player who on paper should have been able to help us consolidate, and he did. We signed Mallan to develop.

We lost the best midfield in the league last season, look at the flack a poor season by some folks standards has caused, and imagine what an inexperienced midfield may have been like when they lost a few games?

Damned if we do, damned if we dont.

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Of course we could have done better, every club in the world could sign better players. We went down the road of signing a player who on paper should have been able to help us consolidate, and he did. We signed Mallan to develop.

We lost the best midfield in the league last season, look at the flack a poor season by some folks standards has caused, and imagine what an inexperienced midfield may have been like when they lost a few games?

I wasn’t actually being overly critical, of Milligan or the club, in my initial post that you quoted. Another poster thought Milligan was capable of replacing (or would be an improvement) on the three that departed. I just disagreed with that. I think Milligan has been decent at times but not much more than that.

Keith_M
19-05-2019, 09:26 AM
It never ceases to amaze me just how much threads on DotNet can veer off so far into a completely different subject
(Scotland v Australia)

This one's quite entertaining

:greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2019, 09:33 AM
Fantastic to have someone on here who has full knowledge of all the players salaries, considering things like that are usually very confidential.

He already said he didn’t know what Bartley is on but considering he knows what Milligan is on then it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out the rest.

jeffers
19-05-2019, 09:41 AM

I think the word usually is key. It does sometimes leak though, agents talk to generate business, payers talk to friends/family about other players.

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2019, 09:53 AM
I wasn’t actually being overly critical, of Milligan or the club, in my initial post that you quoted. Another poster thought Milligan was capable of replacing (or would be an improvement) on the three that departed. I just disagreed with that. I think Milligan has been decent at times but not much more than that.

I know you were not being overly critical, what i'm saying is in a round about way is we were always going to struggle to replace what we lost last season, whichever way we went about it.

Diclonius
19-05-2019, 09:57 AM

:agree:

We have a vastly inferior midfield in terms of quality compared to last season and they have performed exceptionally well given the circumstances.

Forza Fred
19-05-2019, 10:03 AM
It never ceases to amaze me just how much threads on DotNet can veer off so far into a completely different subject
(Scotland v Australia)

This one's quite entertaining

:greengrin

Scotland Supporters and Australian supporters arguing about which of their teams are better

Bit like the Channel Islands and Ibiza arguing about which of them is the bigger world power😂😂

1van Sprou7e
19-05-2019, 10:17 AM

No danger he stays in Scotland unless someone like Aberdeen want him (not likely). Teams like St J cannot afford him

Stuart93
19-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Probably a decent decision if he was on a big wage. He’s been alright for us but not been a standout

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Scotland Supporters and Australian supporters arguing about which of their teams are better

Bit like the Channel Islands and Ibiza arguing about which of them is the bigger world power😂😂

It's the Channel Islands, by a country mile.

Keith_M
19-05-2019, 10:45 AM

Ibiza, surely.

It's full of 'Weapons Of Mass Distraction'.

Smartie
19-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Ibiza, surely.

It's full of 'Weapons Of Mass Distraction'.

It doesn't have Bergerac though.

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 10:51 AM

Correct. And Ibiza is ruled by Brussels and Angela Merkel in Germany.

The Channel Islands stand on their own 8 feet.

paddy1875
19-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Had a few ok games. Always seemed to pass the ball backwards no matter where he picked up possession.

Never took any risks.

We need more legs in the centre of the park and he’s just not athletic enough anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs1969
19-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Just about enough to cover Vincent Kompany’s salary?

goosefat
19-05-2019, 11:14 AM

I'll set aside a few hours later this afternoon to go through the list

Keith_M
19-05-2019, 11:17 AM

That would be my missus convinced.

She's always wanted to be taken away in handcuffs wi that guy.

Keith_M
19-05-2019, 11:18 AM

Which is five more than the Isle of Man, TBF

My_Wife_Camille
19-05-2019, 11:22 AM
Just about enough to cover Vincent Kompany’s salary?

How do you know what Kompanys salary demands are hmmmm?

J-C
19-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Just check on Football Manager, all the wages are there, they're all true wages Guv honest.

Hibs1969
19-05-2019, 11:44 AM
I’m his agent 😉

Eyrie
19-05-2019, 01:47 PM

I think you're being Sark-y.

shamo9
19-05-2019, 04:20 PM
A bit weird. He came out at the end of the lap of honour fully changed and backpack on, shook a few hands and walked out the exit between the South and East Stand. I wouldn't be surprised if he was heading straight for the airport. He's obviously not big on goodbyes :greengrin

He had a decent game today to be fair. I wish him well.

hibee_girl
19-05-2019, 04:24 PM
A bit weird. He came out at the end of the lap of honour fully changed and backpack on, shook a few hands and walked out the exit between the South and East Stand. I wouldn't be surprised if he was heading straight for the airport. He's obviously not big on goodbyes :greengrin

That’s what I was saying to my Grandad, he’s away back to Oz tonight :greengrin

LustForLeith
19-05-2019, 05:06 PM

I felt quite sad for him. He reminds me of when Horgan first played for us, he seemed to be on a different wavelength form everyone else. The guy has talent if not the legs.

But his departure was quite strange. At first I thought a female steward was following him in the pitch unaware that he was an actual player.

hhibs
19-05-2019, 05:29 PM
correct. And ibiza is ruled by brussels and angela merkel in germany.

The channel islands stand on their own 8 feet.

ffs !

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 05:43 PM
ffs !

I so hope you're being serious. :faf:

B.H.F.C
19-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Was getting his car at the back of the East when we were leaving. Must be in a rush to get back to Oz.

hibby6270
19-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Must admit it was a bit sad seeing him walk off into the sunset on his own via the player’s tradesmen exit. He cut a bit of a forlorn figure as he wandered away. Wish him all the best!!

DaveF
19-05-2019, 05:57 PM

Thats one hell of an exit :-D

GreenCastle
19-05-2019, 06:03 PM
That was so odd!

Had a decent game today.

Did he do the walk around pitch at end?

Just when players were at tunnel he walked across on his own with bag and left by side door neat East Stand.

He was then getting his car from behind the East and getting pictures with some fans.

Either in a rush - was in the huff or ??

Very odd and actually quite sad to see.

Heisenberg
19-05-2019, 06:05 PM
I don’t think Milligan was expecting to go. Heckingbottom said it’s one of the hardest things he’s had to do telling him that we were going to take the option in his contract and punt him. He definitely improved in the second half of the season but if he’s on big money then it’ll free up good space for others to come in.

matty_f
19-05-2019, 06:07 PM
I thought he was excellent today. On that form he'd compliment most sides in this league.

GreenCastle
19-05-2019, 06:11 PM
I thought he was excellent today. On that form he'd compliment most sides in this league.

He was good today.

I think though we need someone who has more energy in there if we are to press the way we want.

He passed the ball well today and what comes with experience is he reads the game well.

He was maybe planning another year - who knows? Does his family stay here?

I do feel though the decision has been made to find fresh legs and free up the wage bill and possibly avoid losing him and Boyle for any Australia matches.

Hibs90
19-05-2019, 06:49 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/60686435_1334556420026957_3221713049572343808_o.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=980e1875111a2dd92dcbeb6508bafd3d&oe=5D638A21

jeffers
19-05-2019, 06:52 PM
I wondered if he'd been told pre match he would get subbed for Marv and he put in much more effort than in any game I've seen him. I thought the early part of the game it was the best I'd seen him, but as it went on he faded.

Definitely the correct decision in not taking up the option of a second year.

IberianHibernian
19-05-2019, 09:40 PM
Thought he was one of our better players again today and suppose he was subbed to give Marv a game and as he had a card . Would have liked him to stay at least another year as he was good in midfield and defence . Understandably manager has decided to try to reduce average age of squad but keeping older defenders - time will tell if this was the right decision , I have my doubts . Will be interesting to see who new arrivals are to replace likes of Mark M - suspect we`ll see a few English players from lower English divisions given new managerment team`s background but hopefully scouting team are looking further afield if we want to see decent football and progress resultswise .

Forza Fred
20-05-2019, 01:19 AM
He was good today.

I think though we need someone who has more energy in there if we are to press the way we want.

He passed the ball well today and what comes with experience is he reads the game well.

He was maybe planning another year - who knows? Does his family stay here?

Yes, and I understand that the family loved Edinburgh.

Forza Fred
20-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Should add, that naturally all of us downunder are sorry to see him go, as he was a strong link between us and Easter Road.

Needless to say he will always be a most welcome guest at any future Oz Hibs get togethers.

Sproule Three
20-05-2019, 02:32 AM
Should add, that naturally all of us downunder are sorry to see him go, as he was a strong link between us and Easter Road.

Needless to say he will always be a most welcome guest at any future Oz Hibs get togethers.

Wouldnt surprise me if he goes back to Melbourne Victory in player / coach role although he’s probably still a first pick for national team.
Kevin Muscat just resigned today . Coincidence??

He’s a really decent guy.
Met him when I signed Boyle’s Aussie passport and after that game in Sydney when he was happy to give a few drunken Sydney Hibees some time for a chat.

Wish him well although not at Melbourne Victory !

JimBHibees
20-05-2019, 07:06 AM

Agree probably best player on the pitch however similar to other games seems to run out of steam and should have been covering better for their second both he and Mallan struggled to get back.

BSEJVT
20-05-2019, 07:09 AM
Milligan wasn't kept on because his wages could be better used on other areas of the squad.

He actually did reasonably well for us over the piece without being brilliant

Paloschi
20-05-2019, 07:13 AM
Really poor signing IMO and must have been past his best. I am happy he is being moved on. Clearly an experienced pro but on the pitch I felt he didn't do enough.

Borderhibbie76
20-05-2019, 07:13 AM
I thought he was excellent today. On that form he'd compliment most sides in this league.He was good today BUT look how far we were on top in that 1st half yet only scored once. The midfield needs to change for next season as the lack of goals and creativity is costing us