SteveHFC
18-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Playing his last game tomorrow.

Jones28
18-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Retiring or leaving for another club?

Onceinawhile
Yup. Just saw that. Hope we aren't having to pay him off.

My_Wife_Camille
Good stuff.

Onceinawhile
18-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Retiring or leaving for another club?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9973

Doesn't say.

Ryan91
18-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Bit of a shame, after a bit of a slow start, he's been solid since his return from the Asian Cup, but he probably wants to move back closer to home.

Going to be interesting to see who we bring in to cover that DM role given we've got both Milligan and Bartley back home

we are hibs
18-05-2019, 04:09 PM
The right call. It looked a good signing on paper but he hasn't had anywhere near the impact I expected him to have. Frees up a decent wage I would imagine too.

Jones28
18-05-2019, 04:10 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9973

Doesn't say.

Ahh cheers, didn't realise it was a fishy site thing.

Ryan91
18-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Yup. Just saw that. Hope we aren't having to pay him off.

I heard in the past that he had a clause in his contract which allows him to request a termination of contract at the conclusion of the season - would assume there is no cost to either him or Hibs.

supermcginn
18-05-2019, 04:11 PM
Excellent news. Enormous wage off the books.

California-Hibs
18-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Going to be a good day tomorrow, hopefully see a fitting goodbye to a number of players. Aswel as Bartley and Milligan I fear it'll be McNulty and Omeongas last games too. Throw in Gauld and Agyepong and theres a whole host of goodbyes. Really hope we get a positive result, we've been due Aberdeen a good doing at Easter Road

MWHIBBIES
18-05-2019, 04:14 PM

How do you know his wage was enormous?

Good luck to him, decent player.

MrRobot
18-05-2019, 04:15 PM

How much?

Scouse Hibee
18-05-2019, 04:16 PM
He has done very well for us as you would expect given his pedigree. Wish him well.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 04:16 PM
We’ve had a lot worse than Milligan.

I didn’t want him as a starter next year but wouldn’t have been against having him as a member of the squad.

California-Hibs
18-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Not sure the truth of it but I heard at the time of signing he was on 5k a week and only Efe was on more (6k). Not sure how true..

bingo70

I don’t know about the enormous bit but I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to imagine signing someone like him with the amount of caps he had will have been on a significant wage. He won’t have come over from Australia unless it was financially worthwhile for him to do so.

Since452
Always tried hard and never let us down. All we could ask. All the best to him.

we are hibs
18-05-2019, 04:22 PM

He turned us down before we sold mcginn due to wages

supermcginn
18-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Not sure the truth of it but I heard at the time of signing he was on 5k a week and only Efe was on more (6k). Not sure how true..

Very very close to the truth. Hopefully someone much younger and dynamic is his replacement.

PatHead
18-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Going to be a good day tomorrow, hopefully see a fitting goodbye to a number of players. Aswel as Bartley and Milligan I fear it'll be McNulty and Omeongas last games too. Throw in Gauld and Agyepong and theres a whole host of goodbyes. Really hope we get a positive result, we've been due Aberdeen a good doing at Easter Road

Think Omeonga will stay.

supermcginn
18-05-2019, 04:24 PM
He turned us down before we sold mcginn due to wages

Turned down 4 offers from us before he signed and insisted on the get out clause.. He was second highest paid at the club.

hfc rd
18-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Always tried hard and never let us down. All we could ask. All the best to him.

Agree.

We’ve had a lot more worse midfielders than Milligan at the club.

04Sauzee
18-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Was decent enough for Hibs and very likable. Fits in with Heckingbottom wanting faster dynamic players though.

jeffers
18-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Excellent news. I’d heard similar regarding his wages. Not claiming it is fact but it stands to reason he would be one of our better paid players given we wouldn’t expect an international captain to come for peanuts and we had to up our initial offer for him to actually sign.

i think in his prime he was probably a good player but for me he’s been a big disappointment.

Greencore
18-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Whittaker next please.

Smartie
18-05-2019, 04:36 PM
He was a bit unfortunate in that he was following in the footsteps of some excellent, almost irreplaceable players.

Milligan did fine for us and he's one of those who will probably get better in our eyes the longer he's away.

There's a big bit of me is glad to see him go, as rather than judge him on his performances there are a lot of our fans who are more concerned about his age and wage, therefore there was always going to be an air of negativity with him around.

The midfield hasn't always worked this season and our manager might appreciate more of a clean slate. Milligan is a player who, along with Allan and Mallan, I like on an individual basis but wonder how he might fit into a decent unit with the others mentioned. Sometimes you have to sacrifice decent individuals in order to get a stronger team.

bingo70
18-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Whittaker next please.

Suspect you’ll get your wish.

Lee Marvin
18-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Suspect you’ll get your wish.

That would be good but suspect would require a payoff

GreenCastle
18-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Australian captain !

We have had a lot worse.

He took time to settle but his form recently has been good.

His passing range at times was exceptional.

Yes he often played it safe but gave everything for the club and is a great guy.

I do feel in our league you need someone more mobile who turns the ball over in midfield.

I wish him all the best - going to be a new look team next season.

Ozyhibby
18-05-2019, 04:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190518/1bf4a6df77d62dab97a56ecb62ffca74.jpg
Sounds like Hibs choice. I think it’s a good one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
18-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Kenny Millar on Twitter confirms Hibs had the option and decided not to take it. Milligan would’ve been happpy to stay apparently.

Good news IMO. We can do better and the manager is right to clear the way for his own signings.

Allant1981
18-05-2019, 04:50 PM
I liked Milligan and felt he would have been good for younger guys coming in, we still need experience in there so hopefully someone similar comes in

J-C
18-05-2019, 04:50 PM
Showed glimpses but we got him a year or two too late, his legs aren't the same, reads the game very well but was getting caught out with the pace of the game too often. I don't think it'll be a pay off, if I remember rightly it was a 2 year deal but he could leave after 1 if he wished.

Edit. Just read the above post re we had the option.

Tyler Durden
18-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Whittaker next please.

Not sure why. Good squad player and there’s no indication that he’s on a big wage.

Slivka next for me please

DetroitHibs
18-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Was decent, just struggled in the big games against Celtic and Rangers.

Allant1981
18-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Not sure why. Good squad player and there’s no indication that he’s on a big wage.

Only a good squad player if he is fit and available to play though, which he hasn't been for long spells this season

weecounty hibby
18-05-2019, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the efforts Mark. Thought he was an ok signing, we've definitely had much worse. If as some have said above that he is on big wages then it's probably best that he moves on

Stevie Reid
18-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Been a good signing and he goes with my best wishes.

stoneyburn hibs
18-05-2019, 05:09 PM
He's done ok, best wishes.

Heckingbottom clearly has a plan for next season. Looking forward to seeing it come to fruition.

pacoluna
18-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Bartley and Milligan gone, hope hecky has someone in mind!

weecounty hibby
18-05-2019, 05:14 PM

I would say that it is 100% certain that he will have players in mind. What would make you think he wouldn't?

Since452
18-05-2019, 05:15 PM

He's said a few times that the recruitment process started as soon as he got the job

Jones28
18-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Turned down 4 offers from us before he signed and insisted on the get out clause.. He was second highest paid at the club.

Who's the highest?

we are hibs
18-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Empty Slivka but keep Whittaker. Slivka has contributed more this season than Whittaker has.

stoneyburn hibs
18-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Empty Slivka but keep Whittaker. Slivka has contributed more this season than Whittaker has.

Probably just. I wouldn't be upset to see both gone.

mjhibby
18-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Hecky has said there will be a sizeable turnover of players. Did fine imho but doesn't fit the profile of a Hecky player. With porteous hopefully back and the Barnsley player likely to sign we don't need cover in defence. Good luck to the Aussie captain.

Greencore

Amazing 😂

B.H.F.C
Whittaker won’t be going anywhere.

He’s back home, doing his coaching badges as well. He’ll see out his final year and that’ll be him IMO.

Onceinawhile
Who's the highest?

Presumably it was Efe.

Hibee Mac
18-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Milligan was okay, added composure but not much else.

By the sounds of the wages he was on his signing was nowhere near enough value for money. Really looking forward to seeing what Hecky brings in his place as he is saying all the right things.

theonlywayisup
18-05-2019, 05:34 PM

He’s back home, doing his coaching badges as well. He’ll see out his final year and that’ll be him IMO.

Happy with that! He's signed a deal that will be his last. Why would he leave? You would have to be pretty dim to leave with one year to go.

MSK
18-05-2019, 06:06 PM
Happy with that! He's signed a deal that will be his last. Why would he leave? You would have to be pretty dim to leave with one year to go.To get first team football, same as Bartley ?

Eyrie
18-05-2019, 06:09 PM
Happy with that! He's signed a deal that will be his last. Why would he leave? You would have to be pretty dim to leave with one year to go.

Or wanting to get as much playing time as possible in your final year as a player.

bingo70
18-05-2019, 06:12 PM

What if he was being offered a 2 year deal with more game time elsewhere though?

Ozyhibby
18-05-2019, 06:13 PM
What if he was being offered a 2 year deal with more game time elsewhere though?

Let’s hope so. We need his wage freed up for someone who can contribute.

The_Horde
18-05-2019, 06:15 PM

So is Marvin..

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 06:19 PM
So is Marvin..

Not sure what you mean?

Bartley was out of contract. Whittaker has a year left.

Tyler Durden
18-05-2019, 06:19 PM

Whittaker was brought in as a squad player who can fill in when required. He’s played left back, right back, centre back and centre midfield - done a good job IMO. Never gonna be first choice but it’s a long season.

Slivka was brought in to challenge for a centre midfield role and develop to fulfil his potential, be an asset and a starter. He’s a decent player but it doesn’t look like he’s going to be first choice. Hasn’t really pushed on and made himself indispensable. Better that he moves on and we bring in some fresh blood IMO.

Tyler Durden
18-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Only a good squad player if he is fit and available to play though, which he hasn't been for long spells this season

That’s true. Not sure whether that’s his age or just unlucky as in previous years he’s generally been fit to play most games.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Which, IMO, is what makes him even less likely to leave.

The_Horde
18-05-2019, 06:33 PM
Not sure what you mean?

Bartley was out of contract. Whittaker has a year left.

Doesn't mean he can't still leave for nothing though.

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Doesn't mean he can't still leave for nothing though.

It also means we can’t just ‘empty’ him as some have suggested we should do.

Paisley Hibby
18-05-2019, 07:20 PM

Here's hoping he's got them lined up and not just in mind..

Zazu62
18-05-2019, 07:47 PM
We need a new hard man

Rattler
18-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Personally, a bit gutted that we’ve not taken up the option of the second year. Always thought that he was a safe pair of hands, bringing a bit calmness and composure to the game, whilst also protecting the defence.

If we’re going to sign someone to play a similar role then they must be one helluva player- even better than the captain of Australia 🇦🇺

B.H.F.C
18-05-2019, 08:27 PM
Personally, a bit gutted that we’ve not taken up the option of the second year. Always thought that he was a safe pair of hands, bringing a bit calmness and composure to the game, whilst also protecting the defence.

If we’re going to sign someone to play a similar role then they must be one helluva player- even better than the captain of Australia 🇦🇺

Safe pair of hands is probably the best description of him.

But without claiming to know he’s earning a fortune by our standards, it’s fairly safe to assume that he’ll be one of our better earners IMO. So I don’t think he should be that difficult to replace.

Never quite bought into the 80 caps and captain of Australia chat. The level of opposition they play against in the majority of their games is dreadful.

Greenbeard
18-05-2019, 08:28 PM
Agree.

We’ve had a lot more worse midfielders than Milligan at the club.
True, but not many as slow or blowing out their backside so much after 65mins.

500miles
18-05-2019, 08:29 PM
I wonder if we might see Josh Campbell breaking through during the league Cup games.

supermcginn
18-05-2019, 08:31 PM

Gutted, really? I was gutted when sauzee and mcginn left, we can do much better for our money.

bingo70
18-05-2019, 08:31 PM
I wonder if we might see Josh Campbell breaking through during the league Cup games.

Is that the lad that’s been on loan at Airdrie? How’s he done there?

The 90+2
18-05-2019, 08:34 PM

He will leave in the summer. 100%.

Millagan? I’m definitely happy he’s not the standard we are settling for.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2019, 08:45 PM

Josh is a good player, but think he needs another year out on loan, at a bigger club than Airdrie

stoneyburn hibs
18-05-2019, 08:52 PM

What makes you so sure that SW will be gone?

Hibeesmad
18-05-2019, 09:05 PM
If we can get a lot better for cheaper then fair enough. Time will tell.

Hibeesmad
18-05-2019, 09:06 PM

Whittaker will see out his contract at Hibs then retire.

BoomtownHibees
18-05-2019, 09:08 PM

No he won’t

Jim44
18-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Departures of decent loyal players shouldn’t be celebrated. Poor show IMHO.

matty_f
18-05-2019, 11:11 PM

Good point. :agree:

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 06:15 AM
Bartley and Milligan gone, hope hecky has someone in mind!Of course he does hence why they have both been released...both good servants for the club but we do need better and more dynamic and hecky knows this

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 06:19 AM
Departures of decent loyal players shouldn’t be celebrated. Poor show IMHO.Milligan has only been here a year so whilst I agree with your sentiment hes hardly in the same loyalty league as our Marv imo. If rumours are true he turned us down several times due to money before agreeing to sign.

hibIBZ
19-05-2019, 06:22 AM
He is clearly a good player but doesn't have the legs any more. If he was a high earner then we haven't really had value for money imo and it's probably a good decision to not take up the option. Wish him all the best and thanks for the effort

Ozyhibby
19-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Milligan has only been here a year so whilst I agree with your sentiment hes hardly in the same loyalty league as our Marv imo. If rumours are true he turned us down several times due to money before agreeing to sign.

And he wasn’t loyal enough to risk injury before the Asian cup. Never tried a leg until he got back and has been average since.
I’m not celebrating his departure but I totally agree with Heckingbottom that it’s the right thing for Hibs. He’s not good enough.

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2019, 08:27 AM
And he wasn’t loyal enough to risk injury before the Asian cup. Never tried a leg until he got back and has been average since.
I’m not celebrating his departure but I totally agree with Heckingbottom that it’s the right thing for Hibs. He’s not good enough.

He’s been one of our better players since he returned. But I do think it’s the right decision. Someone with more mobility in there a must.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 08:41 AM
He’s been one of our better players since he returned. But I do think it’s the right decision. Someone with more mobility in there a must.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI dont think he has mate tbh...been dreadful since the split and has cost us several goals from corners due to poor marking...Dundee away and The Gunts away spring to mind straight away

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2019, 08:47 AM
I dont think he has mate tbh...been dreadful since the split and has cost us several goals from corners due to poor marking...Dundee away and The Gunts away spring to mind straight away

Didn't concede from a corner away at Dundee

Definitely wasn't dreadful against Hearts, Celtic or Kilmarnock post split.

CapitalGreen
19-05-2019, 08:50 AM

Definitely wasn't dreadful against Hearts, Celtic or Kilmarnock post split.

Was awful first half away at Hearts when we were on the back foot, had an improved second half.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 09:03 AM

Definitely wasn't dreadful against Hearts, Celtic or Kilmarnock post split.The 1st Dundee goal came from a cross and Milligan losing his man as did the Haring goal at Tiny. And he was dreadful at Killie last week imo...not alone in that tbf but he never played a forward pass all day.

I've nothing against him hes a decent player but we need better imho

500miles
19-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Josh is a good player, but think he needs another year out on loan, at a bigger club than Airdrie

According to transfermarkt, I think they were playing him at centre half. It's that where hibs see him? Because my reading of development match reports suggest box to box midfielder?

J-C
19-05-2019, 09:07 AM
According to transfermarkt, I think they were playing him at centre half. It's that where hibs see him? Because my reading of development match reports suggest box to box midfielder?

Seemingly can play CH or SM

Billy Whizz
19-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Centre midfield. He’s a box to box midfielder

supermcginn
19-05-2019, 11:34 AM

Loyal lol he's only been here 5 minutes and dragged his heels for weeks before signing. I'll celebrate anything that means the club is looking to improve.

jodjam
19-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Excellent news. I’d heard similar regarding his wages. Not claiming it is fact but it stands to reason he would be one of our better paid players given we wouldn’t expect an international captain to come for peanuts and we had to up our initial offer for him to actually sign.

i think in his prime he was probably a good player but for me he’s been a big disappointment.

Imagine a Hibs midfield with Milligan and McGeough. I think you would spontaneously combust 😂. See you next season mate

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2019, 12:02 PM
The 1st Dundee goal came from a cross and Milligan losing his man as did the Haring goal at Tiny. And he was dreadful at Killie last week imo...not alone in that tbf but he never played a forward pass all day.

I've nothing against him hes a decent player but we need better imho

So the goal was only caused by Milligan? Not Gray and McGregor allowing the cross?

Definitely wasn't dreadful last week, decent on a very poor surface. Only one looking to take off the back 4 and move it.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 12:53 PM
So the goal was only caused by Milligan? Not Gray and McGregor allowing the cross?

Definitely wasn't dreadful last week, decent on a very poor surface. Only one looking to take off the back 4 and move it.If by move it...u mean sideways and backwards then yes but he barely played a forward pass all day

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 01:02 PM
If by move it...u mean sideways and backwards then yes but he barely played a forward pass all day

Isn't it the job of a DM to win the ball, ensure we keep it, and give it to more creative and attack minded players?

If our midfield isn't showing for a pass, what's the DM supposed to do?

Anyhoo, we'll see how he gets on today. It'll be our last chance.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Isn't it the job of a DM to win the ball, ensure we keep it, and give it to more creative and attack minded players?

If our midfield isn't showing for a pass, what's the DM supposed to do?

Anyhoo, we'll see how he gets on today.I think hes a decent player I've already stated that but he deffo slows our play down a bit too much for me and Hecky clearly thinks we can get better too so not sure why we are debating this tbh

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 01:13 PM
so not sure why we are debating this tbh

:greengrin

One could ask that question somewhere on the majority of hibs.net threads!

I think it's just because we can!

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 01:24 PM
:greengrin

One could ask that question somewhere on the majority of hibs.net threads!

I think it's just because we can!Haha that's very true mate

LithgaeHibby
19-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Any truth in the rumour that he's off to Hertz or is it p*sh?