PDA

View Full Version : Next season

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2019, 03:28 PM
With this season ending on Sunday thoughts turn to 19/20

CELTIC …. Will continue to be Celtic, chances are they will win the league again, we just need somebody else to win a cup, hopefully us.

The RANGERS ….. Will overspend as usual, but there's no doubt they are as strong they have been since they were formed in 2012 and that will probably continue.

ABERDEEN …. Will probably still be the 3rd biggest spenders, but they will struggle to replace Shinnie and they have a new stadium to pay for, which will hopefully put their gas at a peep for a bit.

KILMARNOCK …. No chance they will hold on to Clarke and I just cant see them replicating this season without him, Jones will be a big loss too.

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN …. They need to win the cup in order to keep their fans on board with Levin and Budge for that matter, if not the gloom will descend big time. Its hard to say how they will be coz no doubt the scatter gun approach to signings will continue, the lad from Livvi will be a good addition in defence by all accounts, but its up front where all their problems lie.

St JOHNSTONE …. Its a miracle how they stay competitive season after season, more of the same from them no doubt.

MOTHERWELL …. Looks like they are going to lose a couple of influential players and their success or lack of it will depend on how they replace them and how their immediate rivals do.

LIVINGSTON …. Overachieved for most of this season, but highly unlikely to improve on it next season. Like St Johnstone its a miracle they can operate on a full time basis.

HAMILTON ….. How they manage to stay up every year has to be admired, the fact that they do is a pain in the arse, same again from them.

ROSS COUNTY …. A well run club and games away to them are always difficult ( for us anyway ) will struggle to stay up though.

St Mirren …. If they win the play off and stay up next year will be another battle for survival.

Dundee Utd …. If they win the play off they will be a welcome addition to the league, it will be interesting to see how much finance they will have access to, play it big and they could be a difficult proposition, go cheap and they will struggle.

HIBS … The probable weakening of Kilmarnock and the possibility that Aberdeen might be distracted by off field ventures could be an open door for us, but it all depends of what we do in the transfer window. The return of Allan has to be a positive, but what we end up with beside him in midfield and what we have up front will be key to our season. Get it right and there's no reason a cup final and 3rd in the league should be out of reach.

HappyAsHellas
18-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Looking forward to next season already and I truly believe that pushing the bigot brothers is not beyond us. We need a good window in the summer, then bring it on.

Diclonius
18-05-2019, 03:49 PM
It's unlikely we'll lose any of our players, so a good transfer window and key signings in early could give this season real potential. Aberdeen and Kilmarnock will both be weaker at the very least.

Since452
18-05-2019, 03:50 PM
I think Aberdeen have been on the decline the last couple of seasons and like you say losing Shinnie will see that continue. I actually think us not being in Europe will help us in the league. Really excited with Allan coming back. Even with the lads that are leaving we still have a strong nucleus of a squad.

My prediction is:

Celtic
Rangers
Hibs
Aberdeen
Dundee United (promotion bounce)
Hearts
Kilmarnock (if they lose Clarke)
Ross County
St Johnstone
St Mirren (if they stay up)
Motherwell
Hamilton
Livingston

FRes Hibbie
18-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Agree with the OP's summary. After a few years of what felt like equality it feels like Rangers are pulling away again. I think Celtic will be quite fallible next season - much of their 8 in a row hasn't been particularly impressive until Rodgers came along. Another Deila-type appointment could end with them throwing their streak away.

We should be stronger next season, Aberdeen weaker, Kilmarnock much weaker and Hearts are impossible to predict.

Don't know enough about the teams at the bottom to be confident but I hope Dundee Utd get promoted, county stay up and Hamilton get relegated next season. Not for revenge but because an away trip to Hamilton holds the least appeal to me out of the likely relegation candidates.