PDA

View Full Version : Post-Match Lap of Appreciation

hibee_girl
17-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Just read this on the match day info:

Following the conclusion of the game the Hibernian players and coaching staff will leave the field of play and return to the pitch once the Aberdeen players have seen their supporters.

The team will take part in a lap of appreciation to allow the players to applaud the supporters and to show their thanks for the backing received over the season.

We kindly ask that the supporters remain in the stands and not encroach onto the pitch during this. If supporters do run onto the pitch and out of the stands, the club will remove the players and coaching staff from the pitch and they will not return due to high profile incidents that occurred during the season.

Your support is incredibly valued and appreciated by everyone, including Paul Heckingbottom and his team. Please allow them to show their thanks for your backing throughout the 2018/19 season.

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Good, as they deserve to be appreciated for their efforts this season. It hasn't always been easy, but, overall it's been a good season.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Hopefully points noted.

Stairway 2 7
17-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Be better than the annual hearts lap in front of 10 people plus ann

Stuart93
17-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Good, as they deserve to be appreciated for their efforts this season. It hasn't always been easy, but, overall it's been a good season.

I agree they deserve to be appreciated and applauded but finishing 5th ten points behind 3rd & 4th isn’t a good season. Expected a lot better

patlowe
17-05-2019, 11:40 PM
I agree they deserve to be appreciated and applauded but finishing 5th ten points behind 3rd & 4th isn’t a good season. Expected a lot better

It was always going to be a difficult feat to replace the midfielders we lost and still maintain the level of last season. It's not been amazing but, in the circumstances, only finishing below three very well resourced clubs and a Clarke-inspired Killie is pretty good going. In fact, if we were to use our historic finishing positions as a barometer of expectation, we should be celebrating top 5. Perhaps that's more a reflection of our chronic underachievement as a club but that's another debate!

hfc rd
18-05-2019, 12:25 AM

Not saying it is a season to remember but after losing our 3 star midfielders from last season in John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch & Scott Allan in the summer plus Ryan Porteous & Martin Boyle to injury half way through the season, our best player so far at the time in Efe Ambrose in January for nowt and most of all the position we found ourselves in when Heckingbottom took over. It is absolutely remarkable how we have finished 5th when it looked unlikely back in December/January.

We’ve had some highs as well this season:

• European run at the start of the season
• Beating Hearts at the PBS for the first team in 6 years and finishing above them again, especially when they had won the league in September
• Heckingbottom making one of the best starts a Hibs manager has ever made by going unbeaten in his first 10 league games which is just incredible with an almost thin bare squad

Overall, of course I’d love to have seen us qualify for Europe and reach a domestic cup final or two but it wasn’t be. However we as Hibs fans know, we have had far worser seasons in the top flight than this one.

SChibs
18-05-2019, 03:44 AM
Let's hope we hammer Aberdeen then and they don't get 3rd. If they get 3rd they won't be in any hurry to leave

Barney McGrew
18-05-2019, 05:12 AM
Let’s see how long it takes before some ******** ignores the warnings and runs on to get a selfie with someone :rolleyes:

DarlingtonHibee
18-05-2019, 07:27 AM
Let’s see how long it takes before some ******** ignores the warnings and runs on to get a selfie with someone :rolleyes:

Sadly I agree with this.

Smartie
18-05-2019, 07:35 AM
Be better than the annual hearts lap in front of 10 people plus ann

Hearts are going to break with tradition this year by having a lap of "aw, naw" at Tynecastle the day before the cup final.

The 1986 squad, still hurting from Craig Levein's no- show st Dens have conspired to hide all of the bog roll in Tynecastle 48 hours before the big match and plan to watch Levein run laps around the stadium shrieking "aw,naw" looking for some when his inevitable big match tummy upset kicks in.

Jones28
18-05-2019, 09:00 AM

Let's turn that frown upside down and make a sweepstake for which player said knobhead tries to cuddle first!

The silly-**** sweepstake!

I call Bartley!

Keith_M
18-05-2019, 11:20 AM
In most games, there's usually only a few hundred people left in the ground by the time the team leaves the pitch.

I've got a funny feeling they're going to be doing a "lap of appreciation" in front of near empty stands. Would be nice if I'm wrong, though.

Hibernia&Alba
18-05-2019, 02:28 PM
It was always going to be a difficult feat to replace the midfielders we lost and still maintain the level of last season. It's not been amazing but, in the circumstances, only finishing below three very well resourced clubs and a Clarke-inspired Killie is pretty good going. In fact, if we were to use our historic finishing positions as a barometer of expectation, we should be celebrating top 5. Perhaps that's more a reflection of our chronic underachievement as a club but that's another debate!

Very much agree. Given we lost our entire first choice midfield last summer, then had the Lennon saga, fifth is perfectly acceptable, IMHO. Hopefully we can progress next season and take third or fourth, but I'm not downhearted at all with fifth this year.

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Not saying it is a season to remember but after losing our 3 star midfielders from last season in John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch & Scott Allan in the summer plus Ryan Porteous & Martin Boyle to injury half way through the season, our best player so far at the time in Efe Ambrose in January for nowt and most of all the position we found ourselves in when Heckingbottom took over. It is absolutely remarkable how we have finished 5th when it looked unlikely back in December/January.

We’ve had some highs as well this season:

• European run at the start of the season
• Beating Hearts at the PBS for the first team in 6 years and finishing above them again, especially when they had won the league in September
• Heckingbottom making one of the best starts a Hibs manager has ever made by going unbeaten in his first 10 league games which is just incredible with an almost thin bare squad

Overall, of course I’d love to have seen us qualify for Europe and reach a domestic cup final or two but it wasn’t be. However we as Hibs fans know, we have had far worser seasons in the top flight than this one.

Agree with this … Without a doubt its been the most difficult season Hibs have had injury wise and through losing vital players for a good few years, chuck in a change of manager and to end up 5th isn't too bad at all.

But the idea is to be playing in domestic semi finals and Europe on a regular basis, so as a club we have to look at 18/19 overall as a bit of a damp squib as neither of these goals have been achieved, with only the relatively unusual event of a derby win at the Rust Arena to mark it out.

danhibees1875
18-05-2019, 06:25 PM
In most games, there's usually only a few hundred people left in the ground by the time the team leaves the pitch.

I've got a funny feeling they're going to be doing a "lap of appreciation" in front of near empty stands. Would be nice if I'm wrong, though.

They do this every year and most people stay. I'm sure it will be fine. :aok:

Fanforlife
18-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Bit of topic but I believe that all the Hibs academy teams will be on pitch at Half Time.Be good to see I.m.o.

matty_f
18-05-2019, 07:01 PM

The lap is for the players to appreciate the fans.

Keith_M
18-05-2019, 08:27 PM
They do this every year and most people stay. I'm sure it will be fine. :aok:

Hope so.

Loads stayed back at the end of last season, but we had just drawn 5-5 with Der Hun ;-)

Brightside
18-05-2019, 10:32 PM
At half time the academy girls players will have a lap also. Give them a best round of applause. They continue to do us proud despite no help from the club.

Hibernia&Alba
18-05-2019, 10:54 PM
At half time the academy girls players will have a lap also. Give them a best round of applause. They continue to do us proud despite no help from the club.

Hear hear.

green with envy
18-05-2019, 10:59 PM

Dearly me.

green with envy
18-05-2019, 11:00 PM
The lap is for the players to appreciate the fans.

Correct.

Borderhibbie76
19-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Dearly me.Indeed mate...very poor

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk