PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EAST STAND SELLS OUT FOR FINAL GAME OF THE SEASON

RSS Bot
16-05-2019, 06:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9970)

Keith_M
16-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Only 26 seats still available in FF Stand.

None in the rest of the home stands, except the executive seats in the West (about 70)

tamig
16-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Only 26 seats still available in FF Stand.

None in the rest of the home stands, except the executive seats in the West (about 70)

I’m in the FF but I will probably still be surrounded by quite a few empty seats.

Ronniekirk
16-05-2019, 07:06 PM
I always go to the Last game of the Season Have done since a Teenager Have seen some crap crowds and meaningless Drab kick about s
But considering we have in effect nothing to play for but Pride the response for this one has surpassed what I expected

Keith_M
16-05-2019, 07:11 PM
I always go to the Last game of the Season Have done since a Teenager Have seen some crap crowds and meaningless Drab kick about s
But considering we have in effect nothing to play for but Pride the response for this one has surpassed what I expected

Me anaw.

One end of season game at Morton there was only 1,800 there, with about 2-300 Hibbies. It was a 0-0 draw.

The week before, we played our final home game in front of 3,100.

Ah the good old Bertie Auld years!

Kojock
16-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Me anaw.

One end of season game at Morton there was only 1,800 there, with about 2-300 Hibbies. It was a 0-0 draw.

Was that the season we created a record for the number of draws, think it was around 18.

Keith_M
16-05-2019, 07:36 PM
Was that the season we created a record for the number of draws, think it was around 18.

14 league draws that season and 15 the season after.

Lago
16-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Me anaw.

I çan remember being quite excited when he was appointed, shows what I know!!

green.oracle
16-05-2019, 08:11 PM

18 draws from 36 games 76/77

SChibs
16-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Hopefully since it's sold out there will be some noise coming from it. Keep hearing it's the home of the singing at Easter road

Keith_M
16-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Hopefully since it's sold out there will be some noise coming from it. Keep hearing it's the home of the singing at Easter road

:confused:

Sean1875
16-05-2019, 09:32 PM

We also had 14 draws in our Championship winning season under Lennon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Criswell
16-05-2019, 09:49 PM
Nice to hear we have it sold-out, be even nicer if we actually fill it. Anyway still a good effort.

SquashedFrogg
17-05-2019, 05:47 AM

It's certainly where most of the singing comes from but never heard it referred to as the 'home' of the singing 😐

Hibs1969
17-05-2019, 06:34 AM
I çan remember being quite excited when he was appointed, shows what I know!!
Auld was a strong contender for worst ever Hibs manager. Some of the football we played under him was eye wateringly bad. It was brutal stuff.

Cardinal Hibernian
17-05-2019, 06:44 AM
Auld was a strong contender for worst ever Hibs manager. Some of the football we played under him was eye wateringly bad. It was brutal stuff.Ah Bertie Auld - I am sure he was the one who first coined the phrase, "The League Cup really doesn't count!". Too depressed thinking about his era at Easter Road to look up our results in the old mini league cup fixtures that kicked off each season back then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
17-05-2019, 07:12 AM
Auld was a strong contender for worst ever Hibs manager. Some of the football we played under him was eye wateringly bad. It was brutal stuff.

It wasn't exactly the greatest era for Hibs. Going by league finishes only (I know), Auld wasn't even the worst.

Auld
81-82 - 36pts - 6th

Stanton
82-83 - 29pts - 7th
83-84 - 31pts - 7th

Blackley
84-85 - 27pts - 8th
85-86 - 28pts - 8th

Blackley/Millar
86-87 - 33pts - 9th

Topographic Hibby
17-05-2019, 07:33 AM
I always go to the Last game of the Season Have done since a Teenager Have seen some crap crowds and meaningless Drab kick about s The worst one has to be the final game of the relegation season 1979/80.

Played on a Monday night, we were already down a couple of weeks previously. The Saturday beforehand, Aberdeen came to ER and walloped us 5-0 to take the league. Fergie running about the pitch with ER bathed in glorious May sunshine, and packed to the rafters with thousands of sheep.

Three days later, its raining, playing Partick Thistle in a complete meaningless game. So few at the match, only the West stand & enclosures were opened.

We lost 1-0 and I was one of the 1191 people who paid cash to watch it. :rolleyes:

Antifa Hibs
17-05-2019, 07:34 AM
Hows Aberdeen's sales? Assuming easily sold out since they're playing for 3rd place?

we are hibs
17-05-2019, 07:50 AM

Not the east stand supporters fault the fans in the other 2 stands are inferior supporters..:duck:

Fergos
17-05-2019, 08:01 AM
The worst one has to be the final game of the relegation season 1979/80.

Played on a Monday night, we were already down a couple of weeks previously. The Saturday beforehand, Aberdeen came to ER and walloped us 5-0 to take the league. Fergie running about the pitch with ER bathed in glorious May sunshine, and packed to the rafters with thousands of sheep.

Three days later, its raining, playing Partick Thistle in a complete meaningless game. So few at the match, only the West stand & enclosures were opened.

We lost 1-0 and I was one of the 1191 people who paid cash to watch it. :rolleyes:

Although I wasn’t at this game it was about then that I started to go, as someone pointed out above it wasn’t the greatest time to be a Hibee but enough there to give me the bug for life and do as my Dad done in being a proud Hibee.

I was still at primary school the year we got relegated, there was a Rangers fan who stayed near us and he continually sang “relegation, relegation, relegation to the Hibs” at me, at the time I thought that it was only Hibs who got relegated but it did make my resolve stronger.

GGTTH

lyonhibs
17-05-2019, 08:12 AM
Hows Aberdeen's sales? Assuming easily sold out since they're playing for 3rd place?

A quick deek on their website shows 131 tickets left in block 30, all other blocks sold out.

Iggy Pope
17-05-2019, 10:05 AM

Me too. Think I've said this before buy I remember the announcer at 'Radio Hibs' that night telling us of the SAS storming the Iranian Embassy.....

number9dream
17-05-2019, 10:08 AM
It wasn't exactly the greatest era for Hibs. Going by league finishes only (I know), Auld wasn't even the worst.

Auld
81-82 - 36pts - 6th

Stanton
82-83 - 29pts - 7th
83-84 - 31pts - 7th

Blackley
84-85 - 27pts - 8th
85-86 - 28pts - 8th

Blackley/Millar
86-87 - 33pts - 9th

Those were my formative years as a Hibee, probably explains a lot about my generally gloomy outlook... Still, it makes the bright moments all the sweeter.

Smartie
17-05-2019, 10:11 AM
I'll tell you what, these last few posts are making me a wee bit more grateful for what we have going on at the moment.

Since452
17-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Is it just me that finds the club announcing the east stand has sold out like it's a major achievement a bit cringey? Why not just give an update saying there's no move availability in that stand and tickets need to be purchased elsewhere? Maybe me being pedantic.

we are hibs
17-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Is it just me that finds the club announcing the east stand has sold out like it's a major achievement a bit cringey? Why not just give an update saying there's no move availability in that stand and tickets need to be purchased elsewhere? Maybe me being pedantic.

They aren't announcing it like its a major achievement. They're saying the east stand is sold out. Which it is.

pollution
17-05-2019, 11:20 AM

I understand your thinking and I agree. It's not the first time it has been sold out.

It makes the guaranteed empty seats even more embarrassing come Sunday.

allezsauzee
17-05-2019, 11:33 AM

had this in the last game of the season in 1986 v Dundee United but for some reason i really enjoyed myself that day :LOL:

Hibby70
17-05-2019, 11:43 AM
I understand your thinking and I agree. It's not the first time it has been sold out.

Tell you what is guaranteed, money from 18,000 tickets sold on average each home game. Which is absolutely amazing.

Stop getting embarrassed at what people choose to do once they have purchased their tickets.

We've come a very long way in a short space of time.

JimBHibees
17-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Me too. Think I've said this before buy I remember the announcer at 'Radio Hibs' that night telling us of the SAS storming the Iranian Embassy.....

I remember that game think it was the night of the Davis/Taylor snooker final. May be totally wrong but the game was horrible. :greengrin

Keith_M
17-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Those were my formative years as a Hibee, probably explains a lot about my generally gloomy outlook... Still, it makes the bright moments all the sweeter.

I started going regularly in our 79/80 relegation season.

I think those of us brought up in that era are a sturdy breed.

tanfield
17-05-2019, 12:25 PM

Aye, I was there as well. A rather bleak night!

Ringothedog
17-05-2019, 12:44 PM

Yeh, that was the first season that I never missed a game. We were dreadful and to think we should have won the Scottish Cup the previous May

Ronniekirk
17-05-2019, 12:49 PM

Ah missed s few midweek ones including that one But that surely has to
Be one of our Lowest ones

Hibs1969
17-05-2019, 01:20 PM

Auld
81-82 - 36pts - 6th

Stanton
82-83 - 29pts - 7th
83-84 - 31pts - 7th

Blackley
84-85 - 27pts - 8th
85-86 - 28pts - 8th

Blackley/Millar
86-87 - 33pts - 9th

If I was being charitable to Auld, I’d give him credit for getting us out of the old 2nd division at the first time of asking, however those stats make for interesting but thoroughly depressing reading. The 80s really were a lost decade for Hibs. Relegation at the start of the decade was followed by years of struggle leading to the Duff/Gray takeover and we all know how that almost ended. There were a few bright spots (Archibald, Best) but not much to shout about. For those of us who grew up in the 70s watching the Tornadoes and the other teams from that era, watching Hibs in the 80s made for grim viewing. Compare that with the atmosphere around the club now and it feels like a different club entirely.

weecounty hibby
17-05-2019, 02:42 PM
I was at the Aberdeen game when they win the league but didn't go to the last game. Even as an 11 year old who loved football I couldn't get motivated for that one! Tough tough going in the 80s for the most part. Was a decade that I hardly missed a game and makes me really grateful for what we are experiencing at the moment. Anyone who endured the 80s and still attends really should get some kind of award

hibby6270
17-05-2019, 05:05 PM
Might be “officially announced “ as sold out but pound to a penny there will still be ‘empty seats’.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steven79
17-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Might be “officially announced “ as sold out but pound to a penny there will still be ‘empty seats’.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Still plenty of seats in the South....

Keith_M
17-05-2019, 05:52 PM

If people buy tickets but choose not to go, there's not much the club can do.

Maybe put blow up dolls in the empty seats?

:dunno:

Borderhibbie76
17-05-2019, 05:53 PM

It makes the guaranteed empty seats even more embarrassing come Sunday.Personally I've got better things to worry about TBH

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
17-05-2019, 05:56 PM

As long as the seat has been sold Hibs get paid. That’s all that really matters

lord bunberry
17-05-2019, 06:00 PM
I’ll be sitting in the south as my daughter is doing a lap of honour at halftime with all the other boys and girls from the youth teams. Be sure to give them a big cheer :greengrin

Cardinal Hibernian
17-05-2019, 06:30 PM
I remember that game think it was the night of the Davis/Taylor snooker final. May be totally wrong but the game was horrible. :greengrinIt was Cliff Thornburn who beat Alex Higgins in that 1980 snooker final.

Just thinking, was that 1986/87 points total when 3 points were awarded for a win? It was certainly the first season the premier league was 12 teams. No daft split, each team played each other giving a 44 games!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Since90+2
17-05-2019, 06:43 PM

Of course there will be empty seats. There are very very few games , if any , that literally have every single seat occupied.

SquashedFrogg
17-05-2019, 06:44 PM

Not really sure what your point is tbh

Keith_M
17-05-2019, 07:17 PM
Just thinking, was that 1986/87 points total when 3 points were awarded for a win? It was certainly the first season the premier league was 12 teams. No daft split, each team played each other giving a 44 games!

It wasn't 3 points for a win but you're right about the number of games. They increased from 36 to 44, hence the slight increase in the points total

The final tally for the season was:

W
D
L
F
A
Pts

hibby6270
17-05-2019, 11:02 PM
Not really sure what your point is tbh

My point is that the club needn’t announce a ‘sellout’ or make a big deal of it. Is it a reverse psychology marketing ploy to urge more fans to come along? To a ‘true’ fan it should not matter where you’re situated in the ground. If the East is sold out and someone trying to purchase a ticket for the game in the East is the told, sorry only FF, West or South now available, they would, I hope, not then decide “Ach - stuff it. If I can’t sit in the East, I’m not going”.

There’s so much written on here about sellouts, dot counts, etc that seem to be of great importance to many of the posters to the forum. Really, it’s not that big a deal if we sell all seats or not, or whether they are occupied. I agree though, a sold seat is money in the coffers for the club.

danhibees1875
17-05-2019, 11:12 PM
My point is that the club needn’t announce a ‘sellout’ or make a big deal of it. Is it a reverse psychology marketing ploy to urge more fans to come along? To a ‘true’ fan it should not matter where you’re situated in the ground. If the East is sold out and someone trying to purchase a ticket for the game in the East is the told, sorry only FF, West or South now available, they would, I hope, not then decide “Ach - stuff it. If I can’t sit in the East, I’m not going”.

There’s so much written on here about sellouts, dot counts, etc that seem to be of great importance to many of the posters to the forum. Really, it’s not that big a deal if we sell all seats or not, or whether they are occupied. I agree though, a sold seat is money in the coffers for the club.

I think it is just marketing as you say. Just a simple: "we've a game on Sunday and tickets are selling well. Thanks to those who have helped sell the east out, anyone else looking to come best hurry and buy a tickey'

Your last sentence sums up why it's about seats sold rather than who actually attends - that's where the money is. :aok:

JimBHibees
18-05-2019, 09:06 AM
It was Cliff Thornburn who beat Alex Higgins in that 1980 snooker final.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

ok cool :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2019, 01:51 PM

Its the final game of the season with nothing to play for apart from a chance to consign Aberdeen to 4th place, which should incentive enough for anybody to go if you ask me :greengrin But its hardly an embarrassment if folk find something else to do given how unimportant the game is to Hibs as a competitive event.

Ringothedog
18-05-2019, 02:19 PM
What’s with all the negative pish, why can’t we be happy that nearly 3000 non season ticket holders have bought tickets for an end of season game. There will be an official crowd of about 19000 which is the amount of seats sold. I couldn’t care less if season ticket holders can’t make it, their seats are sold and it’s their choice whether they attend or not. I know of 2 seats that won’t be used as they are away for 2 months. I am sure there will be others who have a life outside football

The Pointer
18-05-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm delighted as my daughter is going to a game with her pal and for the first time without her dad. (I'm abroad so will try and find a link.) Delighted also because a season ticket holder from down south 😉 was generous enough to let us use his tickets. They will have a bite to eat and a beer or two before the game and stay behind to applaud the players.

Until next season GGTTH!

nic81
18-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Do we have to walk round through the Aberdeen crowd to get into the south, have my foster laddie and taking him to his first game tomorrow, don’t want it to be a bad experience crowd wise

Aim Here
18-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Do we have to walk round through the Aberdeen crowd to get into the south, have my foster laddie and taking him to his first game tomorrow, don’t want it to be a bad experience crowd wise

I imagine you'd be able to get there via Hawkhill Avenue by going past the East Stand entrances, but I doubt there'll be any crowd trouble - pounds to peanuts the police won't see the need to segregate after the game.

Onceinawhile
18-05-2019, 08:23 PM

You can go round behind the east I'm fairly sure.

Wakeyhibee
18-05-2019, 11:28 PM

There will be at least 15k there even if it's given as 18k+. End of 2007 we played Celtic who were Champions and will have brought more than Aberdeen will. Fletcher, Zemamma, Brown, Murphy played amongst others. It was only 2 months after we'd won the League Cup.

The attendance....... 13885

Bit if perspective

greenlad
19-05-2019, 05:28 AM
Just thinking, was that 1986/87 points total when 3 points were awarded for a win?

3 points for a win was introduced in 1994/95.

southsider
19-05-2019, 07:38 AM
We had played for & got a 0-0 draw at Ibrox in the League Cup sections we had no chance of qualifying from. I met our Chairman, the late Kenny Waugh that evening at Powderhall Dogs. He asked me what I thought of the game. ‘ Didn’t go coz the wee weegie f@@k only plays for a draw’ Auld was sacked on the Monday.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Sold out aye 😂

mussey hibee
19-05-2019, 02:12 PM
No way is this a sell out, lots of empty seats

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Sold out aye 😂

No way is this a sell out, lots of empty seats

No idea why some folk are confused, well i do really, they are thick.

You couldn't buy a ticket for that stand, as they were all sold out, hope i typed that slowly enough so you could understand it?

Lago
19-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Creative accounting, sold out not occupied out😁

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2019, 02:51 PM
No idea why some folk are confused, well i do really, they are thick.

You couldn't buy a ticket for that stand, as they were all sold out, hope i typed that slowly enough so you could understand it?

Seats in the far wings empty every single week at the South end, but today they are sold out but still empty and you call us thick. Away and bolt ya slavering fool 😂

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Seats in the far wings empty every single week at the South end, but today they are sold out but still empty and you call us thick. Away and bolt ya slavering fool 😂

What do you call it if all the tickets are, erm, sold out?

blackpoolhibs
19-05-2019, 02:55 PM

Hahahaha, you couldn't buy a ticket for that stand, the club issued a statement saying its sold out, and you laugh at the empty seats. :faf:

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Hahahaha, you couldn't buy a ticket for that stand, the club issued a statement saying its sold out, and you laugh at the empty seats. :faf:

I’m laughing at you 😂

we are hibs
19-05-2019, 02:56 PM

If there are no tickets left to sell then it's sold out regardless if every seat in a stand is empty.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2019, 02:58 PM
What do you call it if all the tickets are, erm, sold out?

Bull**** that’s what I call it, probably wanted to make sure plenty of Hibs in the South too.

Scouse Hibee
19-05-2019, 03:00 PM
If there are no tickets left to sell then it's sold out regardless if every seat in a stand is empty.

It’s called let’s populate the South, so obvious from Hibs.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2019, 03:00 PM
So Hibs had tickets to sell but chose not to sell them so we could sell some other tickets?

Seems plausible.

Hibbyradge
19-05-2019, 03:38 PM
17000 home tickets sold for today's game.

1600 Aberdeen.

Keith_M
19-05-2019, 03:50 PM
18,600 attendance given, with usual few thousand non attenders.