PDA

View Full Version : An evening with Paul and Robbie

invisible man
15-05-2019, 09:26 AM
At The Hibs Club this Friday

Further details here http://hibsclub.co.uk/2019/05/13/evening-paul-robbie-friday-17-may/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RIP
15-05-2019, 10:08 AM
Members only?

Hibbyradge
15-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Can we suggest questions?

A "high pressing game" sounds great, but that really only applies when our opponents have the ball.

Does that mean we're going to be much more direct when we have the ball in our own half, missing out the midfield?

invisible man
15-05-2019, 10:32 AM
Yes, members only

invisible man
15-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Can we suggest questions?

A "high pressing game" sounds great, but that really only applies when our opponents have the ball.

Does that mean we're going to be much more direct when we have the ball in our own half, missing out the midfield?Yes, we'd welcome some questions to ask and thanks for yours.

Forza Fred
15-05-2019, 01:11 PM
I’d like to ask him the following question re loan players, and Yes, I’m biased.

Would Paul consider loaning young players to Australian A League clubs instead of sending them out on loan to Scottish second division sides to aid their footballing development.

Several English clubs are now doing this, and the competitive style of football and the fact that young players are removed from their comfort zone, would possibly not only help their playing development, but see them return as more mature and experienced players.

Modern communication methods make it just as easy to monitor them as if they were playing with Cowdenbeath, and it is not widely known, that Steven Dobbie, now with Queen of the South actually spent a period on loan from Rangers at the turn of the century.

Nevi_SOL
15-05-2019, 02:22 PM
I’d like to ask him the following question re loan players, and Yes, I’m biased.

Would Paul consider loaning young players to Australian A League clubs instead of sending them out on loan to Scottish second division sides to aid their footballing development.

Several English clubs are now doing this, and the competitive style of football and the fact that young players are removed from their comfort zone, would possibly not only help their playing development, but see them return as more mature and experienced players.

Modern communication methods make it just as easy to monitor them as if they were playing with Cowdenbeath, and it is not widely known, that Steven Dobbie, now with Queen of the South actually spent a period on loan from Rangers at the turn of the century.

Great idea, gives them an opportunity to experience a different lifestyle

HoboHarry
15-05-2019, 11:33 PM

I thought I had read that there were rules about young players moving abroad? It may have been about Jadon Sancho moving to Dortmund and they had to ship his parents over to Germany also....

Joe6-2
15-05-2019, 11:46 PM
Great idea, gives them an opportunity to experience a different lifestyle

Yeah, and they won’t want to come back here 😂😂

Forza Fred
16-05-2019, 12:51 AM
I thought I had read that there were rules about young players moving abroad? It may have been about Jadon Sancho moving to Dortmund and they had to ship his parents over to Germany also....

Probably rules about everything !.

Better than running around than with the likes of Gala Fairydean I would think, and would enable them to rub shoulders with seasoned pros.

No disrespect to Gala Fairydean by the way.

The question is posed partly over what seems a crossroads/uncertainty over the future of how we develop players....with suggestions we will play a series of ‘friendlies’ against English youth teams next season.

Forza Fred
18-05-2019, 09:29 AM
Anyone provide a summary of what was said?

TheHibsClub
18-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Here you go: http://hibsclub.co.uk/2019/05/18/heckingbottom-stockdale-hibs-club/

Thanks again to all who came along and asked or submitted questions.

And thanks to Robbie and Paul for joining us and to St Patrick's Branch chairman Dougie McLeod for hosting the Q&A.

oneone73
18-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Here you go: http://hibsclub.co.uk/2019/05/18/heckingbottom-stockdale-hibs-club/

And thanks to Robbie and Paul for joining us and to St Patrick's Branch chairman Dougie McLeod for hosting the Q&A.

Good read. Thanks for posting.

Hibbyradge
18-05-2019, 11:36 AM
Thanks for asking my question about high pressing. :aok:

KeithTheHibby
18-05-2019, 12:02 PM

Thanks, an excellent read.

southsider
18-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Is the Carlisle game away ? Nice wee trip

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Is the Carlisle game away ? Nice wee trip

Yes Tuesday 9th July

04Sauzee
18-05-2019, 01:26 PM

Fantastic read and thanks for sharing

h18eeynick
18-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Yes Tuesday 9th July

Excellent - 5 minute walk for me as live a few streets away !

Glory Lurker
18-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Is there any way at all that we could justify giving Heck the nickname "Sly"?