PDA

View Full Version : Manchester City Under Threat Of Champions League Expulsion

Keith_M
14-05-2019, 08:55 PM
It seems that the investigation into Manchester City (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/14/manchester-city-uefa-champions-league-ban-protest-innocence) on potential breaking of the FFP rules has escalated.

"IC members are thought to have formed the view, following a formal investigation launched in March, that if the AC concludes that City have misstated their income to Uefa, as alleged, the offence is so serious as to warrant a Champions League ban."

This relates to investment into the club by their billionaire owner being disguised as Sponsorship.

Hibernia&Alba
14-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Sounds like this investigation could be the real deal, not just a whitewash, and City could be in real trouble. However, I can't say I have confidence in UEFA to see it through, if City are guilty. Probably a plea bargain fine or something similar.

pontius pilate
14-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Are city also not in trouble for allegedly tapping up young players?

Centre Hawf
15-05-2019, 12:12 AM
They're all at it. What's the real point in actually enforcing these rules because the real talent isn't on the field, it's the lawyers that work out how they get around these rules. It doesn't really annoy me when I hear about one of these clubs getting caught because it so easily could have been someone else at that level.

Ronniekirk
15-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Sounds like this investigation could be the real deal, not just a whitewash, and City could be in real trouble. However, I can't say I have confidence in UEFA to see it through, if City are guilty. Probably a plea bargain fine or something similar.

Given how successful English Teams have been this Season it wouldn’t surprise me if there is a Backlash and they come down heavy on city A fine is peanuts to the owners but Maybe The Authorities need a few million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
15-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Interesting story accredited to the NY Times - a major shareholder in Liverpool FC coincidentally

CapitalGreen
15-05-2019, 11:07 AM
It seems that the investigation into Manchester City (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/14/manchester-city-uefa-champions-league-ban-protest-innocence) on potential breaking of the FFP rules has escalated.

"IC members are thought to have formed the view, following a formal investigation launched in March, that if the AC concludes that City have misstated their income to Uefa, as alleged, the offence is so serious as to warrant a Champions League ban."

This relates to investment into the club by their billionaire owner being disguised as Sponsorship.

Bad news for hibs.net's resident big game hunter.

Biggie
15-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Interesting story accredited to the NY Times - a major shareholder in Liverpool FC coincidentally

fair enough, they must see something in this, and would the FA not be interested in this ?
No chance they could be docked points ?.....have they spent money they've not got ?.....their owner minted anyway so what have they "got around" ?...the FFP rules ?..if so to have any credibility action needs taken..no ?

Newry Hibs
15-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Just can't see any of the big clubs ever being excluded.

Now if a Slovenian team forgets to round up some figures and is E3.60 out, then they'll get hammered.

Haymaker
15-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Now if a Slovenian team forgets to round up some figures and is E3.60 out, then they'll get hammered.

Already happened IIRC. One of the Serbian teams were banned from participating but PSG got their winnings withheld.

Diclonius
15-05-2019, 02:34 PM

Yup.

Paradoxically, if you're rich enough you can circumvent the FFP rules easily.

nairn hibee
15-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Pity they wouldn't look into the Rangers dealings ,

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2019, 04:20 PM
The needle returns to the start of the song a we all go on like before...0

hfc rd
15-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Can only see this ending with them just getting a naughty slap on the wrist and nothing else.

As many have said, if this was a team from Slovenia/Latvia etc, they would get a European ban, transfer ban etc. Virtually everything thrown at them.