PDA

View Full Version : Jon Flanagan

Billy Whizz
14-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Up before the beaks on Thursday

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Wheat Hound
14-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Not the 1st time he's been before a judicial panel. ****bag.

wpj
14-05-2019, 04:08 PM
His defence will claim a pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters made him do it. Their default position backed up by the highly discredited Daily Rubbish

Bostonhibby
14-05-2019, 04:14 PM
In the same week as Sevco are mumping about the game in Scotland being too physical[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Their manager can't or won't control their players conduct. They've probably mounted a serious challenge to hearts for the dirtiest team in the league this year.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
14-05-2019, 04:16 PM
In the same week as Sevco are mumping about the game in Scotland being too physical[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Their manager can't or won't control their players conduct. They've probably mounted a serious challenge to hearts for the dirtiest team in the league this year.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

In all seriousness, that's no mean feat.

DarlingtonHibee
14-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Is this for the Scott brown incident?

Thought if you were booked, they could not do anything.

Was a red all day long.

Sean1875
14-05-2019, 04:29 PM

Was a red all day long.

So did I until Darnell Johnson got his yellow upped to a red after our game against the same opposition.

DarlingtonHibee
14-05-2019, 04:31 PM
Cheers mate

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Alleged Party in Breach: Kevin Harper, Player, Albion Rovers FC

shirly the wee man still aint playing at 43 :shocked:

Sir David Gray
14-05-2019, 05:36 PM

Was a red all day long.

That rule got changed either last season or the season before.

MartinfaePorty
14-05-2019, 05:37 PM
And Johnson got done for us this way against Celtic earlier this season

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

3pm
14-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Just released a statement. Boring.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Just released a statement. Boring.

What are they saying

Callum_62
14-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Breaking Rangers statement

Mumping about there players being held to a higher standard

Said Simunovic used an elbow in the same game and why isnt he cited

Didnt see the Simunovic incident but cant complain about Flannigans (although they are)

https://twitter.com/_IbroxLoyal/status/1128360993741049856

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2019, 06:09 PM
It’s normally women he hits, the guys a grade one ersehole

Bishop Hibee
14-05-2019, 06:33 PM
Did anyone see the Simunovic incident? Never heard mention of it from anybody until now. Pathetic attempt at deflection from ra peepul from their own indiscipline.

Leith Green
14-05-2019, 06:38 PM
So did I until Darnell Johnson got his yellow upped to a red after our game against the same opposition.

Darnell who?

Sammy7nil
14-05-2019, 06:41 PM

Maybe put himself on the bench as they had no players :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
14-05-2019, 09:15 PM
One of the ugliest bar stewards I have ever seen. He makes Peter Beardsley look like a pin up.

Criswell
14-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Why is the Compliance Officer not looking at Bruce's blatant dive to win a penalty against us? Or Defoe's ludicrous attempt to con the Referee into giving one against Celtic? Shameful cheating behaviour going unpunished!

Smartie
14-05-2019, 10:18 PM
Why is the Compliance Officer not looking at Bruce's blatant dive to win a penalty against us? Or Defoe's ludicrous attempt to con the Referee into giving one against Celtic? Shameful cheating behaviour going unpunished!

This is where I have the tiniest bit of sympathy with der Hun.

You can't go back and re-referee the entire game so where do you stop? It was a travesty that Darnell Johnson was cited but nobody else in our game with Celtic.

They have to spoil it all with their drivel about being held to a different standard to everyone else (as I'm sure the players on the sharp end of some of Alan McGregor and Alfredo Morelos' unpunished actions will testify to) but the CO's inconsistent involvement is a big problem.

Baader
14-05-2019, 11:15 PM
Probably a champagne reception.

monktonharp
14-05-2019, 11:49 PM
SFA have not even got his club name correct. the Rangers. as opposed to Rangers

Cardinal G
14-05-2019, 11:54 PM

Or Defoe striking Lewis in the face a few weeks ago

lyonhibs
15-05-2019, 05:07 AM
Breaking Rangers statement

Mumping about there players being held to a higher standard

Said Simunovic used an elbow in the same game and why isnt he cited

Didnt see the Simunovic incident but cant complain about Flannigans (although they are)

https://twitter.com/_IbroxLoyal/status/1128360993741049856

Is that an official statement or a fan rant?

Callum_62
15-05-2019, 06:05 AM

Official

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
15-05-2019, 06:08 AM
Or Defoe striking Lewis in the face a few weeks ago

Then scoring the winner against us in the game he should have been banned.

MKHIBEE
15-05-2019, 06:20 AM
It's an official " whitabootery" defence against the indefensible.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2019, 06:28 AM
It’s the whataboutery that holds Scottish Football back (one strand of many)

Sylar
15-05-2019, 09:02 AM
It's another incident of someone trying to change a referee's decision, because once again, the referee got it wrong...**** all to do with the club. Perhaps if there weren't so many ill-disciplined mules in The Rangers' team, they wouldn't be repeatedly being cited.

But like an earlier poster, I have a degree of sympathy with them - this "trial by television" is only consistent if every single team is reviewed in the same way, via a full assessment of both sides and all contentious incidents. There needs to be a consistent application of retrospective action across all clubs - something hopefully VAR might help with, if it's ever introduced.

Stokesy's on fire
15-05-2019, 09:14 AM

i had a look at the Albion team lines and he didnt seem to be on the bench at or named as a player

MB62
15-05-2019, 02:25 PM

Was a red all day long.

And more than likely changed the course of the game.
Celtc were losing 1-0, should have had a penalty (the ball WAS in play from the corner, only just, but was in play) and derhun down to 10 men

MrRobot
15-05-2019, 03:33 PM
Not the 1st time he's been before a judicial panel. ****bag.

Least it was against a man this time. ****bag.

ancient hibee
15-05-2019, 03:51 PM
It's another incident of someone trying to change a referee's decision, because once again, the referee got it wrong...**** all to do with the club. Perhaps if there weren't so many ill-disciplined mules in The Rangers' team, they wouldn't be repeatedly being cited.

But like an earlier poster, I have a degree of sympathy with them - this "trial by television" is only consistent if every single team is reviewed in the same way, via a full assessment of both sides and all contentious incidents. There needs to be a consistent application of retrospective action across all clubs - something hopefully VAR might help with, if it's ever introduced.
The Simunovic incident was referred to the panel by the compliance officer but the three did not agree that it was a red card offence.

Deansy
15-05-2019, 03:54 PM

:top marks

And why isn't the ref who only booked Flanagan (an incredulous decision - it was a red-card/penalty !) being pulled-up for his sub-standard officiating ? These disciplinaries cost money therefore his 'performance' is costing the Scottish game !#

'“It seems as if Rangers’ players are being held to a different code of conduct from players at other clubs"

Of course they are, they have to be - the rest of clubs haven't been caught cheating (yes I know but legally - unfortunately - Hearts got away with it !) so the authorities have to be extra-careful on clubs 'with form' as they have yet to be proven hoinest & trustworthy ...................

JP1302
15-05-2019, 06:16 PM
****s are getting embarrassing with these statements ... was just funny to begin with now a complete red neck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
17-05-2019, 02:25 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48273295

lord bunberry
17-05-2019, 03:38 PM
The whole system is a joke. Apparently the rule is that you can’t be given a red card retrospectively if the ref has seen it and issued a yellow. If hibs had appealed our players red we would’ve won it.

Joe6-2
17-05-2019, 06:52 PM
******ing farce, ******ing joke

Since90+2
17-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Genuinely amazed that it's been over turned.

One of the most blatant red cards you will ever see.

ancient hibee
17-05-2019, 07:17 PM
The whole system is a joke. Apparently the rule is that you can’t be given a red card retrospectively if the ref has seen it and issued a yellow. If hibs had appealed our players red we would’ve won it.

You’re miles off beam.He was referred by the compliance officer to a panel of three referees who thought it should be upgraded to a red.Rangers appealed and the appeals panel didn’t think it should be upgraded.Don’t know what the appeals panel consists of but it’s not three refs.Obviously a yellow can be made a red retrospectively.

lord bunberry
17-05-2019, 07:19 PM
You’re miles off beam.He was referred by the compliance officer to a panel of three referees who thought it should be upgraded to a red.Rangers appealed and the appeals panel didn’t think it should be upgraded.Don’t know what the appeals panel consists of but it’s not three refs.Obviously a yellow can be made a red retrospectively.
That’s what I thought after our game against Celtic, but I was reading on twitter that wasn’t the case. Whatever way the decision was reached the whole system is a farce, it’s as clear a red card as you can hope for.

ancient hibee
17-05-2019, 07:24 PM
That’s what I thought after our game against Celtic, but I was reading on twitter that wasn’t the case. Whatever way the decision was reached the whole system is a farce, it’s as clear a red card as you can hope for.
Agree 100%.

eastcoasthibby
18-05-2019, 11:45 AM
The change the rules depending on which teams involved in the matter, it starts that Celtic get everything, then Sevco, then Aberdeen, then Hertz, then Killie, the after that it's a lottery with decisions being upheld, upgraded or overturned ....sick of the unfairness and corruption that goes along with almost every debatable decision made with certain teams claiming and challenging anything that goes against them and the law of averages shows that they have a pretty decent success rate of getting the outcome they were looking for and if not that they get a few important decisions in the next few games ..!!!

oldbutdim
18-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Flanagan should put in a late appeal against his conviction for beating up his girlfriend.

He was just as innocent on that occasion.

A Hi-Bee
18-05-2019, 12:25 PM
The change the rules depending on which teams involved in the matter, it starts that Celtic get everything, then Sevco, then Aberdeen, then Hertz, then Killie, the after that it's a lottery with decisions being upheld, upgraded or overturned ....sick of the unfairness and corruption that goes along with almost every debatable decision made with certain teams claiming and challenging anything that goes against them and the law of averages shows that they have a pretty decent success rate of getting the outcome they were looking for and if not that they get a few important decisions in the next few games ..!!!

So whats new nothing changed while the GFA are still in charge.

Diclonius
18-05-2019, 12:29 PM

And yet when Cummings was booked for overcelebrating after scoring against Hearts at Tynecastle, the compliance officer upgraded that to a red too.

To be fair it was also overturned.