PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen game..

GreenCastle
14-05-2019, 09:30 AM
Final home game of a season where we have seen 2 managers take charge. A strong finish to the season but our form early on means only 5th which isn’t great.

Aberdeen have had the better of us recently and it was the one team Lennon struggled with.

Few things from to expect this weekend..

Bartley last Hibs game ?
McNulty / Gauld and a few others last Hibs appearance ?

Shinnie for Aberdeen - last game for equivalent of SJM over last few years.

Expect the usual dirty tackles by Aberdeen and Hearts style time wasting.

Last week Hecky said some players on holiday - not ideal as I want us to finish with a win and good performance.

Aberdeen have 3rd to play for - we have pride.

Hopefully the players are up for it and it’s a sell out.

The 90+2
14-05-2019, 09:46 AM
The players will have a better attitude on Saturday after the rollicking they’ve had since Killie.

GreenCastle
14-05-2019, 01:50 PM
The players will have a better attitude on Saturday after the rollicking they’ve had since Killie.

Hopefully...

Surely want to finish on a positive.

B.H.F.C
14-05-2019, 02:00 PM
Hope we finish the season positively as it’s been disappointing post split. The Hearts game killed us a bit and we’ve not really got going since.

Can’t see Marv being at ER next season so hope he gets the opportunity to get on the pitch.

elevengoats
14-05-2019, 02:05 PM
Final home game of a season where we have seen 2 managers take charge. A strong finish to the season but our form early on means only 5th which isn’t great.

Aberdeen have had the better of us recently and it was the one team Lennon struggled with.

Bartley last Hibs game ?

Last week Hecky said some players on holiday - not ideal as I want us to finish with a win and good performance.

Hopefully the players are up for it and it’s a sell out.

Not really a strong finish at all. 2p out of possible 12 in the four games after the split. Went into the last 5 games with a theoretical chance to fight for top3 but are now 10p behind both Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. Really sad the Hecky's bounce is over. Need good recruitment in the summer.

Greenbeard
14-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Hoping for positive attacking football - the Hibs way - and a few goals, even if we end up losing.
Mmmeeeeeeeeeh............

Greenbeard
14-05-2019, 02:59 PM
Hoping for positive attacking football - the Hibs way - and a few goals, even if we end up losing.
Mmmeeeeeeeeeh............
PS I'd like to see Horgan and Aggie start - go at them like a pair of collies in One Man and His Dog - from the right and the left.

Dashing Bob S
14-05-2019, 03:11 PM
we've struggled to score goals lately and i expect this to continue.

Since452
14-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Home defeat probably. Aberdeen playing for 3rd.

we are hibs
14-05-2019, 03:31 PM
The last 2 games have convinced me we are in holiday mode so have gave my season ticket to someone else. If we win we win if we don't then at least it's the end of the season and the start of the not at all painfully tedious transfer window

HFC93
14-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Regardless of the result, I hope the fans in attendance stay back and give the lads leaving a good reception. Marv, Bogdan, McNulty, Omeonga etc.

hibbie02
14-05-2019, 03:37 PM
My first game for a while so I am hoping to see a decent performance. For the record, I rarely see Hibs lose when I am at ER..... :greengrin

lyonhibs
16-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Performance needs to be a professional 1 of pride. ER is our home patch, we should be seeking to beat every one in this league at home, regardless of context.

2-1 to Hibs.

hfc rd
16-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Hoping we win of course but won’t be massively disappointed if we don’t. It’s clear the players are in holiday mode just now as we don’t have nothing to really play for.

Aberdeen need the win more than we do to guarantee European football next season. Can see them probably just sneaking it.

Diclonius
16-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Let's just kick the **** out of them, timewaste and put on 6 defenders after 60 minutes. Play for the draw and deny them 3rd. See how they like it.

Smartie
16-05-2019, 04:48 PM
I'm finding it very hard to get in any way interested in this game, other than to give Bartley a decent farewell.

We've always struggled to have an answer to Aberdeen's physical approach, and I don't see any of our current shower of players who have either one foot out the door or one eye on their summer beach wardrobe doing anything to change that.

Heckingbottom's got a big couple of months but there is a decent core of players still there, so as much as this season can't finish fast enough, I'm quite looking forward to next season.

Tambo
16-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Coming up for the first time in a good few years, usually would go with family.

Will be staying at the premier Inn at the harbour in Newhaven, will be getting a bus about half way but want to take a walk a bit, go for a pint and take the atmosphere in, what would be the best way coming? I am in the east stand and which pub? Will be in colours tho.

Tambo
16-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Anyone have an idea of the cost of a taxi from Easter road to the premier Inn also, thanks.

lord bunberry
16-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Play the laddies and big Marv. Meaningless game that should be used to have some fun. My wee girl is doing a lap of honour at half time, can’t wait for the game.

JimBHibees
16-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Coming up for the first time in a good few years, usually would go with family.

Will be staying at the premier Inn at the harbour in Newhaven, will be getting a bus about half way but want to take a walk a bit, go for a pint and take the atmosphere in, what would be the best way coming? I am in the east stand and which pub? Will be in colours tho.

Something like the Persevere at the bottom of ER i would imagine.

Tarrahib
16-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Anyone have an idea of the cost of a taxi from Easter road to the premier Inn also, thanks.
Number 10 bus takes you up To Albert Street.I use it myself for most home games when I stay in Newhaven.bus stops right outside hotel.

Smartie
16-05-2019, 05:08 PM

A number 10 or a number 16 will pick you up very close to where you are and take you along towards Leith and up Leith Walk towards the city centre. You can choose where to get off and whether you'd want to take your dander up from the bottom of Leith Walk and stay on until you get further up (the further up you go, the more you will encounter away support). A number 11 would also work if you were wanting to get off halfway up Leith Walk or higher, that would be heading on the opposite direction as you depart Newhaven though (unless you fancy an unnecessary loop on the bus past Ocean Terminal). £1.70 for a single ticket on the bus, not sure exactly what it would be in a taxi at that time but taxis and private hires in Edinburgh are expensive. I'm very near where you're staying right now and if it is anything like it is today then it would be a glorious wee stroll all or part of the way.

You might want to look up the Lothian buses website to pick which bus you are aiming for, as obviously the Sunday service is less frequent. I find it really good and use it all the time.

The service buses in Edinburgh are brilliant and I use them all the time.

GreenCastle
17-05-2019, 10:29 AM
After last weeks performance I wonder what the front lineup will be?

We haven't been doing too well in the middle to final 3rd with creativity.

Bartley I doubt will start.

This could also be the last we see of Bogdan and Omenega.

I really hope we put on one final good performance and send Aberdeen packing.

Looking forward to the game but will be sad to see players play for us for the last time.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2019, 10:38 AM
After last weeks performance I wonder what the front lineup will be?

We haven't been doing too well in the middle to final 3rd with creativity.

Bartley I doubt will start.

This could also be the last we see of Bogdan and Omenega.

I really hope we put on one final good performance and send Aberdeen packing.

Looking forward to the game but will be sad to see players play for us for the last time.
Think we’ve a few players a booking away from a ban, and we don’t want to go into next season with players suspended

Blaster
17-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Think we’ve a few players a booking away from a ban, and we don’t want to go into next season with players suspended

Who Billy?

Tyler Durden
17-05-2019, 12:31 PM
I'd like to see Agyepong start the game. Not sure if we've any interest in bringing him back but just in terms of winning the game, we need to inject some pace into our play.

JimBHibees
17-05-2019, 01:29 PM

Was it last season or the one before when Gray and McGregor got booked and missed the first game of the next season. Think it may have been last game in the championship possibly away to Ayr springs to mind.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2019, 02:08 PM
Who Billy?

It’s difficult to work out with the new disciplinary rules in place, but Milligan, Gray, Kamberi, McGregor and McNulty have a lot of bookings

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1227

Click on the name and you’ll see how many they’ve got

Borderhibbie76
17-05-2019, 03:17 PM

Bartley last Hibs game ?

Hopefully the players are up for it and it’s a sell out.I completely disagree that 5th isn't great...its way above our average top flight finish in my lifetime and from 8th at start of Feb...perfectly acceptable in my book. Granted we all wanted Top 4 but I wouldn't have said it's not great in the context of this season tbh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tambo
17-05-2019, 07:33 PM
A number 10 or a number 16 will pick you up very close to where you are and take you along towards Leith and up Leith Walk towards the city centre. You can choose where to get off and whether you'd want to take your dander up from the bottom of Leith Walk and stay on until you get further up (the further up you go, the more you will encounter away support). A number 11 would also work if you were wanting to get off halfway up Leith Walk or higher, that would be heading on the opposite direction as you depart Newhaven though (unless you fancy an unnecessary loop on the bus past Ocean Terminal). £1.70 for a single ticket on the bus, not sure exactly what it would be in a taxi at that time but taxis and private hires in Edinburgh are expensive. I'm very near where you're staying right now and if it is anything like it is today then it would be a glorious wee stroll all or part of the way.

You might want to look up the Lothian buses website to pick which bus you are aiming for, as obviously the Sunday service is less frequent. I find it really good and use it all the time.

The service buses in Edinburgh are brilliant and I use them all the time.

Thank you for that I will get the bus half, leaving tomorrow on the train.

An early goal would be great but thinking will be a draw.

lord bunberry
17-05-2019, 07:47 PM
I hadn’t realised our record against the sheep was so bad. 1 win in 14! The games against the sheep are usually my favourite games of the season, it’s always a good atmosphere and the away day is the best of the season.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2019, 07:52 PM
I hadn’t realised our record against the sheep was so bad. 1 win in 14! The games against the sheep are usually my favourite games of the season, it’s always a good atmosphere and the away day is the best of the season.

When the get the 1st goal, they sit in and continuously stop the ta e
Need to get ahead on Sunday, see how they deal with that

GreenCastle
17-05-2019, 08:04 PM

1 win in 14 against them in the league is awful

Feb 2018 we beat them at home in league Boyle and Kamberi.

We beat them in Cup in 2015.

Both 2v0.

lord bunberry
17-05-2019, 08:11 PM
When the get the 1st goal, they sit in and continuously stop the ta e
Need to get ahead on Sunday, see how they deal with that
Yep they are almost Italian in their approach to the game, it’s awful to watch.

lord bunberry
17-05-2019, 08:12 PM
1 win in 14 against them in the league is awful

Feb 2018 we beat them at home in league Boyle and Kamberi.

We beat them in Cup in 2015.

Both 2v0.
The cup game where malonga scored that wonder goal was a great night.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2019, 08:17 PM
The cup game where malonga scored that wonder goal was a great night.

2 fantastic goals that night, JC scored a beaut that night too, but Malonga’s was everything we liked about him

ShottsBranch
17-05-2019, 08:21 PM
This branch is particularly excited for the game on Sunday.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Looking forward now to the game, got last Saturday out of my system now.
Really want to finish the season with some positivity, so we really don’t want to lose against Dons, who have a lot to play for, almost £200k between 3rd and 4th, apart from guaranteeing Europe

Wonder what sort of team PH is looking at. Should we be playing any of the loans who may not be coming back, give some of our younger players a chance, although I’d love Agyepong to get a start!

Keith_M
18-05-2019, 11:26 AM
This branch is particularly excited for the game on Sunday.

Shotts? Can't be many Hibbies round there.

Membership of one perhaps?

:greengrin

h18eeynick
18-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Game is on BBC Alba at 6 pm .

Mango Man
18-05-2019, 01:50 PM
The same things seems to happen most times we play them of late, GMS will get his usual goal/s, Shinnie will get away with murder and constantly moan at the ref, and Hibs will not take our chances, that last cup game we played them in was ridiculous, should have hammered them.

Diclonius
18-05-2019, 01:54 PM
The same things seems to happen most times we play them of late, GMS will get his usual goal/s, Shinnie will get away with murder and constantly moan at the ref, and Hibs will not take there chances, that last cup game we played them in was ridiculous, should have hammered them.

Think I'll do a foul count for Shinnie tomorrow. See how many he gets away with.

NAE NOOKIE
18-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Let's just kick the **** out of them, timewaste and put on 6 defenders after 60 minutes. Play for the draw and deny them 3rd. See how they like it.

Indeed. Aberdeen have been as crap to watch as any team coming to ER this season, playing exactly the way you have said above, a bunch of cynical fouling time wasters … which is why I would love us to beat them and guarantee Killie 3rd, or rather deny Aberdeen it.

GreenCastle
19-05-2019, 10:48 AM
The same things seems to happen most times we play them of late, GMS will get his usual goal/s, Shinnie will get away with murder and constantly moan at the ref, and Hibs will not take our chances, that last cup game we played them in was ridiculous, should have hammered them.

GMS seems to always raise his game against us and always score.

Shinnie - agreed will do his usual.

I would play Bartley and Milligan to have a solid base and grit in midfield.

Agree Aberdeen like Hearts at ER have been awful to watch - no surprise McInnes bottles it against the Old Firm in and in cup finals.