PDA

View Full Version : NHC Eleven Sports (La Liga and Serie A)

Sylar
13-05-2019, 08:52 PM
After prying away the La Liga rights from Sky and the Serie A rights from BT Sport, I see Eleven Sports are in a bit of financial bother, having failed to really attract the subscribers necessary to sustain themselves (not really surprising when a large portion of sports fans already pay for Sky AND BT).

As a result, they're going to be forced to rebid for the rights to both leagues again, and it's expected that both Sky and BT will join the bidding again.

I really hope that Sky and BT end up getting their respective rights back - losing La Liga was one of the worst things Sky did IMO, as their coverage of it was excellent.

StevesFamau5
13-05-2019, 08:59 PM
Itv 4 shows some LaLiga games, Free Sports show some Serie A games, highlight shows on both as well. 11sports didn't secure enough of the rights IMO.
I would love to see LaLiga back on Sky or similar.

11sports is utter gash.

Jonnyboy
13-05-2019, 09:00 PM
After prying away the La Liga rights from Sky and the Serie A rights from BT Sport, I see Eleven Sports are in a bit of financial bother, having failed to really attract the subscribers necessary to sustain themselves (not really surprising when a large portion of sports fans already pay for Sky AND BT).

As a result, they're going to be forced to rebid for the rights to both leagues again, and it's expected that both Sky and BT will join the bidding again.

I really hope that Sky and BT end up getting their respective rights back - losing La Liga was one of the worst things Sky did IMO, as their coverage of it was excellent.

Agreed (except for the dinosaur that is Gerry Armstrong :greengrin)

Mibbes Aye
13-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Is Serie A not on Premier? I have it and Italian games are on all the time (I think BT retained Coppa Italia).

Have to agree, I would not complain if Sky managed to win back La Liga.

brianmc
13-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Eleven Sports la Liga coverage is miles better than Sky.
And at £4.99 per month it's considerably better priced.

heidtheba
13-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Apologies for this being slightly OT...

But if I was (when I am) Grand High Poohbah in charge of the planet, James Richardson and Football Italia is being brought back on CH4! I loved that!

Smartie
13-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Apologies for this being slightly OT...

But if I was (when I am) Grand High Poohbah in charge of the planet, James Richardson and Football Italia is being brought back on CH4! I loved that!

Football tv presenting has never topped the standard set by Richardson doing it whilst supping his coffee in a street cafe and it never will.

The fact that the football was so good helped.......

I think it is one of those things that needs to be left alone, perfect as it was, rather than ruin the legacy with a half-arsed attempt to recreate the magic.

Gooooooooooooolazzzzzzzzzzoooooooooooo!

Sylar
13-05-2019, 09:26 PM
Is Serie A not on Premier? I have it and Italian games are on all the time (I think BT retained Coppa Italia).

Have to agree, I would not complain if Sky managed to win back La Liga.

I think Premier Sports stepped in when Eleven announced they were having financial difficulties in the UK, along with ITV.

Their current rights are temporary though, and they're expected to be put back to bidding again sometime soon.

The problem might be if Eleven want to retain their online rights, as that may stop Sky/BT showing games through their online portals?

Mibbes Aye
13-05-2019, 09:34 PM
I think Premier Sports stepped in when Eleven announced they were having financial difficulties in the UK, along with ITV.

Their current rights are temporary though, and they're expected to be put back to bidding again sometime soon.

The problem might be if Eleven want to retain their online rights, as that may stop Sky/BT showing games through their online portals?

Ah okay :aok:

Diclonius
13-05-2019, 09:42 PM
Don't care how many games they get, not paying for another football package and certainly not for zombie Setanta Sports.

greenlad
13-05-2019, 10:57 PM

Serie A is with Premier Sports until 2021. Not going to Sky or BT in that period.

BroxburnHibee
13-05-2019, 11:17 PM
They also pried the USPGA golf from Sky last year but must have failed miserably as its back on Sky this week.

DavieRoy
14-05-2019, 06:28 AM
I am not a big fan of Spanish football but I guess if you are paying fortunes for Sky, then it is better to have it than not. One thing I have noticed since Sky lost it is the build-ups and post-match is longer for the SPFL now than it was because they don’t jump away to Spanish football, in the main, anyway.

Sylar
14-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Serie A is with Premier Sports until 2021. Not going to Sky or BT in that period.

Sorry, you're quite correct!

https://www.ft.com/content/ac2e73b8-2485-11e9-8ce6-5db4543da632

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Streaming will take over eventually.

Sammy7nil
14-05-2019, 06:53 PM
They also pried the USPGA golf from Sky last year but must have failed miserably as its back on Sky this week.

I think they failed to get the numbers i took a one week free subscription and their coverage was first class.