PDA

View Full Version : Not turning up

greenpaper55
11-05-2019, 08:21 PM
How is it that a team who can play at a certain level let that level drop as a collective unit ? The manager said that there was less of a buzz about the training last week when there was no chance of a european place well that is clearly not good enough. I doubt that you would ever get this sort of attitude from the old firm and this is what p..... most fans off when they pay good money and the team just chucks it, a major clear out needed at ER and PH has a bigger job on his hands than he initially realised.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Didn't he say there were some frank discussions RE next seasons plans?

Unfortunately today was a complete nothing to play for game (other than pride and travelling fans of course but chances are the players are on their sun loungers mentally already)

Borderhibbie76
11-05-2019, 09:20 PM
How is it that a team who can play at a certain level let that level drop as a collective unit ? The manager said that there was less of a buzz about the training last week when there was no chance of a european place well that is clearly not good enough. I doubt that you would ever get this sort of attitude from the old firm and this is what p..... most fans off when they pay good money and the team just chucks it, a major clear out needed at ER and PH has a bigger job on his hands than he initially realised.I agree mate was fuming at full time and was shocked at some fans applauding the team tbh...they put in hee haw effort today for a more than decent travelling support. Yes nothing to play for but we deserved better that a brief flurry 10 mins from time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SJNB Hibby
11-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Didn't he say there were some frank discussions RE next seasons plans?

Unfortunately today was a complete nothing to play for game (other than pride and travelling fans of course but chances are the players are on their sun loungers mentally already)
And Killie had everything to play for
Lose-lose for us today with europe gone

Jim44
11-05-2019, 09:32 PM
In a perverse sort of way, today’s defeat doesn’t upset me too much as it gives Killie a chance of third place. I think they deserve it more than Aberdeen.

Fife-Hibee
11-05-2019, 09:35 PM
They appeared to be more concerned with keeping themselves injury free for their holiday's than they did about winning the game.

CMac1988
11-05-2019, 09:37 PM
I agree mate was fuming at full time and was shocked at some fans applauding the team tbh...they put in hee haw effort today for a more than decent travelling support. Yes nothing to play for but we deserved better that a brief flurry 10 mins from time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkI never went along today but watched the game on Hibs TV. I'd have been livid if I had spent money travelling and on a ticket to then have to witness a performance what can only be described as abject.

There will always been supporters who will clap on regardless and equally those that will show disdain even when we've played well. I don't understand it but to each their own.

I bet some of those same folk who clapped a team that didn't show up today will be the same folk who take aim when many of the support don't turn up against Aberdeen... [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
11-05-2019, 09:47 PM
I never went along today but watched the game on Hibs TV. I'd have been livid if I had spent money travelling and on a ticket to then have to witness a performance what can only be described as abject.

There will always been supporters who will clap on regardless and equally those that will show disdain even when we've played well. I don't understand it but to each their own.

I bet some of those same folk who clapped a team that didn't show up today will be the same folk who take aim when many of the support don't turn up against Aberdeen... [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkI didn't boo and dont like to but I wasnt staying to applaud neither...they were dreadful today and last week at Ibrox too. If I didn't have a ST I wouldn't be paying to go watch next week neither as they have clearly hung up their boots for the summer already if the last 2 weeks are anything to go by. A few of them may just have sealed their own exits from the club as Hecky cant be impressed with some over the last few weeks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
12-05-2019, 08:34 AM
When did we last have nothing to play for at the end of the season? It's been a few years now anyway.

I know we should be looking to get as many points as possible and end on a high but it's only natural that the foot comes off the gas a little when there's nothing to play for. Couple that with the fact that Killie are just a good side, playing for 3rd and so are going to make us look worse than we are too.

Heck said himself that he's looking at next season already. He can't blame the players for that attitude trickling down.

flash
12-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Happens to every team on the planet if nothing to play for.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-05-2019, 09:03 AM
As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as a nothing to play for game. First and foremost, you play for the green and white jersey and what it means to put it on. If that needs to be pointed out out to players, then they need a reality check.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2019, 09:10 AM
You'd think we lost by 5 or 6. They showed alot more yesterday than when we lost 3-0 earlier in the year

Tambo
12-05-2019, 09:11 AM
I will be up for my first game in 8 years next week and hopefully see a good performance and nice send off for the fans who turn up week in and week out.

Kojock
12-05-2019, 09:16 AM
Lots of people going way OTT about yesterday’s performance. As far as Hibs were concerned it was a meaningless game played on a terrible surface with an even worse referee.
I had a good day out to Killie with my son, grandson, brother and friends. Had a few beers and shared a few laughs. Some folk really need to chill. GGTTH

pacoluna
12-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Wonder if anyone disagrees with me when I say the majority of our first half performance have been woeful. That includes stj win Dundee win livi win rangers draw and hearts win.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2019, 10:22 AM
Wonder if anyone disagrees with me when I say the majority of our first half performance have been woeful. That includes stj win Dundee win livi win rangers draw and hearts win.

Dundee was okay, scored 2 great goals. Rest yes, you are correct. Lennon often had shocking first halfs as well.

Heisenberg
12-05-2019, 10:29 AM

All ended up with good results though, so who really cares? Result at full time is all that matters.

We were ***** under Lennon for about 16 games in a row and ended up in 8th place. Heckingbottom has us fifth with largely the same squad.

pacoluna
12-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Dundee was okay, scored 2 great goals. Rest yes, you are correct. Lennon often had shocking first halfs as well.

Dundee first 20 mins was poor. Couldn't care less about Lennon now.

Kamberi is useless out wide, McNulty is proving to be very average, far to pedestrian in mf at times.

pacoluna
12-05-2019, 10:32 AM
All ended up with good results though, so who really cares? Result at full time is all that matters.

I know that's why I specifically said first halves, last two results we didn't turn it around. The fact is we can't keep having mediocre at best first halves next season because teams will soon learn to see games out against us.

pacoluna
12-05-2019, 10:33 AM

We were ***** under Lennon for about 16 games in a row and ended up in 8th place. Heckingbottom has us fifth with largely the same squad.

Jeezo people still talking about Lennon on this place.

Heisenberg
12-05-2019, 10:36 AM
I know that's why I specifically said first halves, last two results we didn't turn it around. The fact is we can't keep having mediocre at best first halves next season because teams will soon learn to see games out against us.

I genuinely couldn’t care less how we play in the first half of games as long as we win. Trying to put the new manager down because we’ve played poorly in the first half of games we’ve actually won seems a bit mental.

He’ll get his own players in over the summer and we’ll hopefully continue to get the kind of results he’s had since he arrived.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Dundee first 20 mins was poor. Couldn't care less about Lennon now.

Kamberi is useless out wide, McNulty is proving to be very average, far to pedestrian in mf at times.

Right and what should we do about that we 1 game to go and the window shut?

Kamberi wasn't out wide yesterday

pacoluna
12-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Right and what should we do about that we 1 game to go and the window shut?

Kamberi wasn't out wide yesterday

I know he wasn't, because he was dropped because of insipid performances out wide.

Your rite next season will be how hecky is judged 7/10 for this season.

pacoluna
12-05-2019, 10:43 AM
I genuinely couldn’t care less how we play in the first half of games as long as we win. Trying to put the new manager down because we’ve played poorly in the first half of games we’ve actually won seems a bit mental.

He’ll get his own players in over the summer and we’ll hopefully continue to get the kind of results he’s had since he arrived.

Who's trying to put hecky down, most would agree with me.

Iggy Pope
12-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Who's trying to put hecky down, most would agree with me.

For someone who ‘hardly ever posts anymore’ you’re knocking yourself out today Paco.

pacoluna
12-05-2019, 04:47 PM
For someone who ‘hardly ever posts anymore’ you’re knocking yourself out today Paco.

Because that was such an incepid performance yesterday regardless if their was nothing to play for or not.

greenpaper55
12-05-2019, 05:07 PM
There seems to be a lack of leadership during games, surely this must come from the captain on the pitch who should be rousing his team to greater efforts if things are not going right, i seldom see this. i also think there is a lack of athleticism in our squad, to play football you need the ball and you have to work hard for that, which of our midfielders would you back to win a fifty fifty challenge !

Pete
12-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Happens to every team on the planet if nothing to play for.

:agree:

Hibeesmad
12-05-2019, 06:22 PM
I think Hecky has come out and said that to send a message to the players that if they ain't willing to put in the effort they will be on their way out.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2019, 07:42 PM
It was woefully inept. Now I don't care if it was a dead rubber, I expect much better from our professional players.

1500 went to watch and deserved much better than that.

Iggy Pope
12-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Because that was such an incepid performance yesterday regardless if their was nothing to play for not.

Got you. I think.

B.H.F.C
12-05-2019, 08:14 PM
It was woefully inept. Now I don't care if it was a dead rubber, I expect much better from our professional players.

1500 went to watch and deserved much better than that.

Agree with this.

We’ve been short on quality in some games since PH came in, which I can deal with. But we didn’t put nearly enough in to that game yesterday.

Criswell
12-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Watched the highlights on Sportscene. That pitch!.. It looked like the game was being played on an industrial slag-heap. Do not know what was worse; that, or the penalty decision.

ancient hibee
12-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Terrible pitch.Killie have lost more games at home that they have away.

Jamesie
12-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Club shelled out for the players and staff to stay in a hotel on Friday night as well. Money down the drain.

smack
12-05-2019, 10:57 PM
I doubt that you would ever get this sort of attitude from the old firm

Did you see how bad Celtic were today?

Itsnoteasy
12-05-2019, 11:13 PM
In a perverse sort of way, today’s defeat doesn’t upset me too much as it gives Killie a chance of third place. I think they deserve it more than Aberdeen.

How's that when they are only seperated by goal difference.
They also have the advantage of playing on a artificial
surface every 2nd week.

Jones28
13-05-2019, 06:24 AM
Club shelled out for the players and staff to stay in a hotel on Friday night as well. Money down the drain.

Didn't we do the same for every game under Lennon - away from home that is?

Jamesie
13-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Wasn't aware of it being for every game - if it was then I'd have even more cause to query it!

bigwheel
13-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Wasn't aware of it being for every game - if it was then I'd have even more cause to query it!

Been done for every away game for a couple of seasons now ....don’t know if Hecky has always continued it. Lennon certainly did

Billy Whizz
13-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Been done for every away game for a couple of seasons now ....don’t know if Hecky has always continued it. Lennon certainly did

Think we’ve cutback since Hecky came in
Lennon always wanted to know where his players were, and what they were eating, the night before a match

My_Wife_Camille
13-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Wasn't aware of it being for every game - if it was then I'd have even more cause to query it!Every game, home and away

Jamesie
13-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Every game, home and away

Let's say we have rooms for a squad of 18 plus manager and assistant, coaches etc. As far as I understand it the days of sharing rooms are over in football, so you're reasonably looking at 25 rooms per match on a conservative basis - probably actually a few more. Say an average agreed rate of £50 per room per night, again fairly conservative, multiplied by 38 league games (and leaving aside both cup competitions) and you're looking at £47,500: probably 50% of the annual salary of a decent squad player, or about 125 - 130 adult season ticket sales. It adds up!

HibbyDave
13-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Every team has at least one game where they simply “don’t turn up”
Even the old firm.
Just noticed Hearts are 6/1 to win cup final ..... worth a punt?

Since452
13-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Even the old firm.

I'll be sticking a few quid on them to soften the blow if they win it

My_Wife_Camille
13-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Let's say we have rooms for a squad of 18 plus manager and assistant, coaches etc. As far as I understand it the days of sharing rooms are over in football, so you're reasonably looking at 25 rooms per match on a conservative basis - probably actually a few more. Say an average agreed rate of £50 per room per night, again fairly conservative, multiplied by 38 league games (and leaving aside both cup competitions) and you're looking at £47,500: probably 50% of the annual salary of a decent squad player, or about 125 - 130 adult season ticket sales. It adds up!
Agreed, the numbers I was told at the start of the season were significantly more than that too.

Im not sure if they still do it or if it was just a Lennon thing to be honest.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Even the old firm.

No.

I would get zero satisfaction out of winning money from Hearts winning the Scottish Cup.

Jones28
13-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Every game, home and away

You know, I actually had it in my head that was the case but thought that is so stupid it can't be the case.

Why would we stay in a hotel for home games ffs?