PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom brands Kilmarnock defender Alex Bruce 'f*****g diver'

Hibs90
11-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Hibernian's boss Paul Heckingbottom has branded Alex Bruce as a 'f*****g diver' in the middle of a post-match press interview.

The Easter Road gaffer was referring to an incident in the first-half in which Alex Bruce won a penalty after being bundled over by David Gray.

Eamon Brophy converted the spot-kick, but Heckingbottom made his displeasure in the decision clear as he walked past Bruce - who was being interviewed by media.

Bruce was unhappy with Heckingbottom who is a former team-mate of his at Sheffield Wednesday.

The Killie defender chased after the Hibs boss to clarify whether he was joking or not, but Heckingbottom revealed he was serious.

Killie ran out victorious in the match with a 1-0 win thanks to the penalty, and in the process left themselves with just one win needed to qualify for Europe.

Keith_M
11-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Seems fair enough

Hibs90
11-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Seems fair enough

:agree::greengrin

HibeeHibernian4
11-05-2019, 05:27 PM
He’s correct but it doesn’t really change how bad a performance it was.

Wheat Hound
11-05-2019, 05:30 PM
Well done Hecky. Good to call out cheats. He needs to call out Dallas too

Heisenberg
11-05-2019, 05:31 PM

It doesn’t. He admits that it was a rubbish performance after the game.

Viva_Palmeiras
Sounds like a “Christian! Christian!” Vogts moment :) online somewhere?

MWHIBBIES

Did you miss the 3-0 earlier in the season. This was about a thousand times better. Killie needing to cheat to beat us at home. We were solid in defence, just lacking a spark to create a chance

Hibeesmad
11-05-2019, 05:32 PM
There would be uproar if Lennon came out with this haha

Onceinawhile
11-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Embarrassing Imo.

Maybe in the dressing room, but shouting at players after the game? Not for me.

erin go bragh
11-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Hibernian's boss Paul Heckingbottom has branded Alex Bruce as a 'f*****g diver' in the middle of a post-match press interview.

The Easter Road gaffer was referring to an incident in the first-half in which Alex Bruce won a penalty after being bundled 👀over by David Gray.

Eamon Brophy converted the spot-kick, but Heckingbottom made his displeasure in the decision clear as he walked past Bruce - who was being interviewed by media.

Bruce was unhappy with Heckingbottom who is a former team-mate of his at Sheffield Wednesday.

The Killie defender chased after the Hibs boss to clarify whether he was joking or not, but Heckingbottom revealed he was serious.

Killie ran out victorious in the match with a 1-0 win thanks to the penalty, and in the process left themselves with just one win needed to qualify for Europe.

The guy grabbed Gray and fell to the ground. Hardly bundled imo.
Heck is spot on .

Bostonhibby
11-05-2019, 06:04 PM
Yorkshire thing, they call a spade a spade.

I'm convinced.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

green day
11-05-2019, 06:09 PM
Heckinbotham did two things post match -

He said that the penalty didnt alter the course of the match, we were rubbish and looked like we were on holiday.

He told Bruce he was a ****ing diver.

IMO he got both spot on :thumbsup:

theonlywayisup
11-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Yorkshire thing, they call a spade a spade.

I'm convinced.

Nah, they call it a f****** spade.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Nah, they call it a f****** spade.A fenian spade??? **** me I never seen that one coming [emoji6]

SMAXXA
11-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Never a penalty and he was a cheat no issue here

The_Horde
11-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Deary me.

Absolutely not hibs class. Paul is starting to get a but flustered, I hope we've not made another Lenny style hitheaded appointment here.

SquashedFrogg
11-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Deary me.

Absolutely not hibs class. Paul is starting to get a but flustered, I hope we've not made another Lenny style hitheaded appointment here.

Predictible 😐

04Sauzee
11-05-2019, 06:39 PM
Deary me.

Deary me

theonlywayisup
11-05-2019, 06:42 PM
I'm sure that Clarke has previous for moaning about decisions that went against him. Yet this time, he states "I've just seen [the penalty] there, it was soft."

No, it wasn't soft. Saying it was soft implies that it was still a penalty. No, that was a dive. It wasn't soft at all.

Scottie
11-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Deary me.

:troll:

Real Emerald
11-05-2019, 06:44 PM
Deary me.

Allo Allo 😂

StevesFamau5
11-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Deary me.

This 'Hibs class' thing needs to be forgotten ASAP. We have lost that tag twice this year.

Also a manager calling a player a f'n diver isn't cause for concern. Or should we all be quiet and 'respectful' to everyone and continue to be the Spfl doormat that all refs and clubs seem to get one over on us?

Summary - Bruce is a diver, Hecky is pissed off with the performance and the penalty, Hibs need to regroup this off season. End of

Eyrie
11-05-2019, 06:51 PM
I'm sure that Clarke has previous for moaning about decisions that went against him. Yet this time, he states "I've just seen [the penalty] there, it was soft."

No, it wasn't soft. Saying it was soft implies that it was still a penalty. No, that was a dive. It wasn't soft at all.
"Soft" is manager speak for "It was never a penalty and I'd be raging if it had been at the other end."

Waxy
11-05-2019, 06:53 PM
Well.He is a F*****g diver.

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2019, 06:54 PM
Deary me.

Aye, Hecky should lie down and take it up the Jimmy carter like a good, classy manager.

Decisions like today cost jobs, promotion, relegation, millions of pounds. I think Hecky was quite polite.

A Hi-Bee
11-05-2019, 06:56 PM
Hecky not wrong on both counts we were rubbish, perhaps due to some players being told what the future holds for them during the week. An the killie boy is a ****in Diver what the **** is wrong with the truth today!!!!

lord bunberry
11-05-2019, 07:01 PM
It should’ve been a foul for us. Hecky is spot on.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Embarrassing Imo.

Maybe in the dressing room, but shouting at players after the game? Not for me.

It’s embarrassing to tell the truth aye?

Onceinawhile
11-05-2019, 07:14 PM
It’s embarrassing to tell the truth aye?

There's ways of doing it though. Shouting and swearing in the press area isn't it.

Hutchie
11-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Wasn’t at the game so don’t know the true context.
But we weren’t getting forth. Not coming sixth. What’s the big deal?
Why did Hecky get all uppity about it when he was raging at a ref swearing at him?

I’d prefer him to stay professional in both circumstance. And put today to what it is. Holiday camp.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-05-2019, 07:46 PM
There's ways of doing it though. Shouting and swearing in the press area isn't it.

The nicey nice approach gets you nowhere and changes nothing

Call out this diver and the incompetent ref

I refuse to let my club be a door mat to this

wookie70
11-05-2019, 07:49 PM
I'd rather he stayed professional myself but maybe there is some history there. His interview was honest and what I want to hear. We were rubbish but he isn't singling out players and gives context.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Did you miss the 3-0 earlier in the season. This was about a thousand times better. Killie needing to cheat to beat us at home. We were solid in defence, just lacking a spark to create a chance

No we were not!

Stuart93
11-05-2019, 07:55 PM
No we were not!

Correct, killie missed at least a couple one on ones in the 2nd half.

The amount of times they put the ball over the heads of our defence and putting their striker in the clear was terrible

Hiber-nation
11-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Gray, Hanlon and Stevenson were all dreadful in the first half. McGregor bailed us out time and time again. Anything but solid in defence.

Vini1875
11-05-2019, 08:00 PM
I think he is spot on to call out the dive and also spot to say we were rubbish, though I suspect in a yorkshire accent he would've said we were s****.

bingo70
11-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Why did Hecky get all uppity about it when he was raging at a ref swearing at him?

I’d prefer him to stay professional in both circumstance. And put today to what it is. Holiday camp.

I think the tone and context is hugely relevant.

He is a former team mate of Alex Bruce and presumably knows him on a personal level.

Swearing at someone you know after something like that happened today doesn’t have to be taken so seriously.

Hibstash
11-05-2019, 08:08 PM
What a slaver to compare the two.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
11-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Correct, killie missed at least a couple one on ones in the 2nd half.

The amount of times they put the ball over the heads of our defence and putting their striker in the clear was terrible

At least once?

Deansy
11-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Well Done to the gaffer - f****d-off with us just accepting bad/biased decisions and well past time our manager/board voiced their displeasure !

darwenhibby
11-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Well done Hecky
Between him and Clarke
They speak out what’s wrong in Scottish football
As for Alex Bruce if he was half the player of his dad he’d play for Real Madrid
Living on the back of his dad

PatHead
11-05-2019, 09:35 PM
No wonder Heckingbottom's annoyed about decisions. In the last 3 games alone he has-

Had a 4th official swear at him during a weak officials performance in the Derby
Seen an incompetent referee performance at Ibrox
Had a soft penalty against us today.

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2019, 09:46 PM
Well done Hecky
Between him and Clarke
They speak out what’s wrong in Scottish football
As for Alex Bruce if he was half the player of his dad he’d play for Real Madrid
Living on the back of his dad
Dunno why his dad's ability matters. Bruce is a decent player who's had a decent career. Today he was a ****ing diver though.

HibeeHibernian4
11-05-2019, 10:26 PM

If that’s the metric we’re using to judge whether a performance was good or not, then god help us.

We were poor today, we were not particularly solid in defence and spent most of the game passing between defenders before lumping it long to a striker/winger when they came on.

monktonharp
11-05-2019, 10:47 PM
Deary me.

Absolutely not hibs class. Paul is starting to get a but flustered, I hope we've not made another Lenny style hitheaded appointment here.stop slaverin' man. he called it as it was.

monktonharp
11-05-2019, 10:50 PM

I’d prefer him to stay professional in both circumstance. And put today to what it is. Holiday camp.right then, he should put up and shut up. aye, you are probably right. just give in because 1500 Hibbies went there just for a wee holiday.::rolleyes:

GonzoReturns
11-05-2019, 11:26 PM

Personally think he was professional in both circumstances. He’s a winner wants to win every game. Called it as it is. Both instances are factual.

CLASS OF 72 -73
12-05-2019, 04:22 AM
Don't have a problem with Heckingbottom speaking out but we are starting to see a different rough side to him that was not there when we were unbeaten.

Dalianwanda
12-05-2019, 05:40 AM
Don't have a problem with Heckingbottom speaking out but we are starting to see a different rough side to him that was not there when we were unbeaten.

Quite pleased that he isn’t trotting out bland cliches just to keep the peace. In the context of everything else that he talked about i don’t see a problem. In terms of perceptions, one persons ‘rough’ is another’s candid, confident or frank.

SquashedFrogg
12-05-2019, 05:45 AM

But it was there when we were unbeaten. People can be so dramatic sometimes.

SquashedFrogg
12-05-2019, 05:47 AM
Quite pleased that he isn’t trotting out bland cliches just to keep the peace. In the context of everything else that he talked about i don’t see a problem. In terms of perceptions, one persons ‘rough’ is another’s candid, confident or frank.

Correct. I also thought he was very composed after Ibrox last week all things considering.

TheHarpy76
12-05-2019, 06:06 AM
I’d much rather our manager conducted himself in a better manner.
It was a just a couple of weeks he was going on about punching the 4th officials teeth down his throat for swearing at him and now he’s swearing at an opposing player himself.

Of course I want him to speak up when he feels he has to, but just do it in a manner befitting an Hibernian manager

Biggie
12-05-2019, 06:31 AM
It was a just a couple of weeks he was going on about punching the 4th officials teeth down his throat for swearing at him and now he’s swearing at an opposing player himself.

Of course I want him to speak up when he feels he has to, but just do it in a manner befitting an Hibernian manager
This.
If levein was coming out with these quotes, we'd be slaughtering him. He's hibs boss....he needs to reign it in sometimes

bingo70
12-05-2019, 06:35 AM
This.
If levein was coming out with these quotes, we'd be slaughtering him. He's hibs boss....he needs to reign it in sometimes

He was swearing at a mate.

He used to play with the guy, this has been completely blown out of proportion imo.

TheHarpy76
12-05-2019, 06:39 AM
He was swearing at a mate.

He used to play with the guy, this has been completely blown out of proportion imo.

In which case, he could’ve found a better time to do it. Maybe send him a text or wait until the guy isn’t giving an interview.

bingo70
12-05-2019, 06:43 AM
In which case, he could’ve found a better time to do it. Maybe send him a text or wait until the guy isn’t giving an interview.

Im guessing here but he was probably passing, saw he was there and made a comment, probably half in jest without realising it would cause such a fuss.

If Heckingbottom said it in his interview or didn’t know him then I’d agree it’s not really behaviour we’d want from a manager but to me people are getting carried away without seeing the context or the tone of it.

bubblesmorrison
12-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Mangers get slated for not being up front but then when they come out and tell it the way it is people start moaning.

TheHarpy76
12-05-2019, 06:46 AM
Im guessing here but he was probably passing, saw he was there and made a comment, probably half in jest without realising it would cause such a fuss.

If Heckingbottom said it in his interview or didn’t know him then I’d agree it’s not really behaviour we’d want from a manager but to me people are getting carried away without seeing the context or the tone of it.

It wouldn’t normally bother me, but after his comments at the end of the derby, regarding the 4th official it makes him look foolish. Especially when the press are around, these ***** won’t care about the context or the tone.

Maybe he’s saying these things in jest, but he needs to make himself aware of how it’s making him look.

The_Horde
12-05-2019, 06:53 AM
stop slaverin' man. he called it as it was.

Says every person who ever said something that could be deemed offensive to justify their actions.

Brooster
12-05-2019, 07:00 AM
Well done Hecky for calling him out. Cheats need to be exposed whether they are doing interviews or not. Bruce will be feeling more uncomfortable about this than Hecky that's for sure. I'm not precious about this at all.

eastcoasthibby
12-05-2019, 07:11 AM
Hecky was right to call it out for what it was, if he knows the guy then it makes it a more acceptable situation to let him know what he thinks. A fact would be that if that decision had been given against Killie their highly rated manager would have been all over the press with his view on the decision, and it seems that Clarke's constant having a go and calling out awful decisions all season, appear to have not done his team any damage in fact it seems like they have been getting their fair share of decisions as the season has gone on....so I am happy that Hecky takes on the dross and corrupt refereeing that goes on in this league !!

Johnny Clash
12-05-2019, 07:12 AM
Delighted we have a manager who gets outraged at blatant cheating - even in an end of season game where our league position was already settled. He’s made his point directly to the guilty player in a way that’s getting loads more attention and is putting cheating under the spotlight. Well done Hecky - may you always be outspoken on behalf of the hibees!

Scouse Hibee
12-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Deary me.

Just read your Bogdan post now this one, what’s the point?

Big_Franck
12-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Good to see our manager calling it like it is. Hopefully we'll see more of this next season.

Manxhibs
12-05-2019, 07:34 AM
Just watched it and it is a ******ing dive! We didn't deserve anything from the game but will Bruce be punished for that? Not that it matters as they've got the 3 points now bit I'd like a 3 match ban for that type of behaviour.

InchHibby
12-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Yes we never deserved to win, we could complain about the state of the pitch, we could also complain that we had nothing to play for but these would only be excuses, we just didn’t turn up on the day, BUT, to say they deserved to win because they played well is utter total nonsense.
I’ve been to many a game where we’ve played well and came away with nothing, that’s the nature of the game.
This game had 0-0 written all over it until the ref handed them the points with a decision that baffled all who seen it and I mean all, if anything it was a yellow card for the diver.
And for Stevie Clark to say it was soft is also only half the story, he knows it wasn’t so why not say it as it was, he normally does when decisions go against him.
Dallas should be demoted to the job that the guy standing between the dugouts does and even then he’d fxxx that up

CLASS OF 72 -73
12-05-2019, 08:50 AM
But it was there when we were unbeaten. People can be so dramatic sometimes.

Dramatic? behave

The_Horde
12-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Just read your Bogdan post now this one, what’s the point?

Care to expand?

we are hibs
12-05-2019, 08:58 AM
This.

Did you think Lennon needed to reign it in? People would be absolutely shocked if they knew what happened in the tunnel over the course of a season if someone shouting ****ing diver has got them worked up.

where'stheslope
12-05-2019, 09:51 AM
Dallas has previous for giving non excistant penalties, earlier in the season he gave St Johnstone a penalty against Hertz and the S J player was nowhere near the Hertz player?
This time he'll think he got it right as there was contact????:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Who was the last manager that managed to do this? :confused:

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2019, 11:57 AM

Of course I want him to speak up when he feels he has to, but just do it in a manner befitting an Hibernian managerWhat utter garbage...honestly this hibs class stuff on here Is pathetic. Also it never seemed to apply to Lennon and his dodgy behaviour throughout his time with us

BoomtownHibees
12-05-2019, 11:58 AM

You have said we were solid in defence on a couple of threads now and it is so far from the truth. We were terrible at the back. Simple balls over the top or down the side were causing us trouble all afternoon. All 4 of them were poor yesterday

Swedish hibee
12-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Deary me.

Deary me indeed. Hibs class you are not.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2019, 12:02 PM
What utter garbage...honestly this hibs class stuff on here Is pathetic. Also it never seemed to apply to Lennon and his dodgy behaviour throughout his time with us

Even Stubbs called out players and refs when we'd had some bad decisions against us, i'm thinking Falkirk at home with that hand ball, and Rangers on numerous occasions. We've never had a manager who has acted with "hibs class" that i can remember.

The phrase is a load of bollox IMO.

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Even Stubbs called out players and refs when we'd had some bad decisions against us, i'm thinking Falkirk at home with that hand ball, and Rangers on numerous occasions. We've never had a manager who has acted with "hibs class" that i can remember.

The phrase is a load of bollox IMO.Couldn't agree more ...its cringey and a real .net myth. Does my head in BH - Heck was right to call Bruce out for blatantly cheating...Steve Clarke would have done exactly the same had to roles been reversed

1van Sprou7e
12-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Is there a video of this comment?

My_Wife_Camille
12-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Very disappointing to hear our manager using such language and behaving in this way. Whatever happened to HIBS class?

Swedish hibee
12-05-2019, 01:30 PM
Very disappointing to hear our manager using such language and behaving in this way. Whatever happened to HIBS class?

It ended with your user name😂😂

Silky
12-05-2019, 06:40 PM

Why is it disappointing? Why should we continually bend over to dodgy refs and cheating? No one has successfully explained WHY Hecky was wrong to do that. It was clear from behind the goals at the game and it was clear on the telly. It was a dive. It was cheating and we were done. Go on, tell me where Hecky was wrong.

My_Wife_Camille
12-05-2019, 07:33 PM
Why is it disappointing? Why should we continually bend over to dodgy refs and cheating? No one has successfully explained WHY Hecky was wrong to do that. It was clear from behind the goals at the game and it was clear on the telly. It was a dive. It was cheating and we were done. Go on, tell me where Hecky was wrong.
If it was Steve Clarke that had come out with it we’d have 10+ pages of posters getting themselves all red in the face calling him a sore loser, a bitter fud, a graceless and classless welt and all the rest of it.

Anyone saying otherwise is only kidding themselves.

andrew70
12-05-2019, 11:53 PM

Go and get your hole or something man. You’re a strange guy.

mjhibby
13-05-2019, 03:25 AM
Yes we never deserved to win, we could complain about the state of the pitch, we could also complain that we had nothing to play for but these would only be excuses, we just didn’t turn up on the day, BUT, to say they deserved to win because they played well is utter total nonsense.
I’ve been to many a game where we’ve played well and came away with nothing, that’s the nature of the game.
This game had 0-0 written all over it until the ref handed them the points with a decision that baffled all who seen it and I mean all, if anything it was a yellow card for the diver.
And for Stevie Clark to say it was soft is also only half the story, he knows it wasn’t so why not say it as it was, he normally does when decisions go against him.
Dallas should be demoted to the job that the guy standing between the dugouts does and even then he’d fxxx that up

One of the reasons I'm not a fan of Clarke. Always moans about decisions but it like Wenger either didn't see it or won't condemn his own player. Jones dive v Dundee got mcann sacked and now this. Good coach no doubt but he thinks he's too big for a Scottish club. Always talks about going back down south. I didn't see a queue of clubs after him before he became Killie manager. The fact sir David got booked for protesting says it all. At least it wasn't vital for us but it shows how desperate they were to win that they blatantly cheated.

ben johnson
13-05-2019, 07:26 AM

Your Hibs Class post on the Fraser Fyvie thread :

Fair enough but imo it’s a bit like being forced to choose between a dug ***** and a cow *****. Sure, some people will have a preference but, for me, I’d rather do without either because at the end of the day they are both still *****

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Hecky calls our performance at Killie “rubbish”

Gets it spot on

Interesting summer ahead

https://youtu.be/NCD9o-CE4fk

The 90+2
13-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Doesn’t seem like banter after all.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/alex-bruce-accuses-hibs-manager-paul-heckingbottom-of-lacking-class-1-4925743/amp

Wilson
13-05-2019, 10:44 AM
If it was Steve Clarke that had come out with it we’d have 10+ pages of posters getting themselves all red in the face calling him a sore loser, a bitter fud, a graceless and classless welt and all the rest of it.

We've seen a lot of interviews with Heck since he arrived. He invariably says the right things and has a good handle on what he is about and how he views the game. His interviews always seemed a bit calculated and robotic to me with no real personality coming through.

I feel that in recent weeks he has looked more comfortable in the role. Joking a bit more in his interviews and being a bit more forthcoming with his opinions. Perhaps the more relaxed he gets the more of the real Paul Heckingbottom comes through - and we might just have to accept that maybe he is a bit of a welt.

It is interesting that you name checked Steve Clarke and he is a good example - sore loser, graceless in defeat, but more importantly exceeding all expectations at Kilmarnock. We'd certainly take some of that.

WeeRussell
13-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Having watched sportscene last night. Bang-on Hecky :aok:

superfurryhibby
13-05-2019, 11:30 AM

It’s called being partisan in your views, quite normal for football fans.

Heck was right, the guy is a cheating ****er. I’m comfortable for our manager to make his views clear.

Chorley Hibee
13-05-2019, 12:07 PM
I'm sure Dallas will be delighted how this little spat has taken the spotlight off his cheating.

Hecky should have reserved his anger for him instead of Bruce.

EI255
13-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Shocking penalty. What a diving little current bun.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Criswell
13-05-2019, 09:16 PM
Judging by the cheat's comments re the penalty it was patently obviously a premeditated act. "If Gray even brushes my arm I'm going to throw myself to the ground" he seems to be saying. Unfortunately for us his deceit was bought by that sad excuse for a referee.