PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Dallas: Just not good enough

Wheat Hound
11-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Yes we were rubbish today but without the penalty it's a 0-0. Not the first time Andrew Dallas has decided a game with awful officiating this season and yet it's done with impunity. Hope Hecky calls the useless twat out.

SChibs
11-05-2019, 04:47 PM
That's what happens when refs who clearly aren't good enough are fast tracked through the leagues

allezsauzee
11-05-2019, 04:50 PM
That's what happens when refs who clearly aren't good enough are fast tracked through the leagues

Especially when they've only been fast tracked because of who their dad is

Pretty Boy
11-05-2019, 04:51 PM
It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Better refs than Andrew Dallas were overlooked whilst he was fast tracked because of who and what Daddy was.

SChibs
11-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Especially when they've only been fast tracked because of who their dad is

It must be frustrating for decent refs with actual potential being left behind for guys like Dallas. I doubt he's a bad guy hes just not good enough for this level the same way some players aren't good enough.

Fife-Hibee
11-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Are we really going to play the "he's just incompetent" card again?

You can smell the stench of staunch all over the country.

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2019, 04:56 PM
As big a Hun as his dad. Absoloute clown.

Killiehibbie
11-05-2019, 05:00 PM
If he saw what happened today he doesn't give a penalty. If he doesn't see what happened he can't give a penalty. He must just be a cheating *******

weecounty hibby
11-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Got slaughtered on the radio after the game. Not good enough but continues to earn £750 a game for something that is a hobby for him. He has single handedly decided the outcome of more than one game this season. Needs to be binned from the top leagues. No better than league 2/3!!

HibbyAndy
11-05-2019, 05:06 PM
He is his faithers laddie awrite

A cheating hun **** !!

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2019, 05:06 PM
If he saw what happened today he doesn't give a penalty. If he doesn't see what happened he can't give a penalty. He must just be a cheating *******

I'd be willing to bet anyone my last penny that, if the exact same incident had happened against Rangers (and probably Celtic) Dallas wouldn't have awarded the penalty. Welt.

Gloucester Hibs
11-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Nepotism at its finest!

Crab apple
11-05-2019, 05:08 PM

I’d say giving four penalties to the huns against St Mirren earlier this season is a big clue as to where his allegiances lie. And he’s also incompetent.

Shrekko
11-05-2019, 05:09 PM
When you see him trying to explain himself to players you can see he doesn’t believe what he’s saying himself. Also tries to be pals with everyone - lots of shoulder touching etc... which I’m guessing is all he can do to keep players onside.
That one decision alone just proved what an absolutely terrible ref he is. Does not understand the game.

DaveF
11-05-2019, 05:15 PM
While the 'penalty ' today was a joke it's not even close to being his worst of the season. The one he awarded to St Johnstone against hearts should have been enough to get him sacked there and then.

Radium
11-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Don’t think he’s biased. Don’t think he’s a cheat. Simply think he is not good enough.

https://twitter.com/hibssoldier/status/1127254136515330049?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveF
11-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Here is that saint's pen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsportscot/status/1070698377137020928?lang=en

Hibs90
11-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Hibernian head coach Paul Heckingbottom said: "It's not a penalty. That's not the reason we lost the game, we lost the game because we were rubbish. "There's nothing more to say. We looked like a team that had nothing to play for."

Ozyhibby
11-05-2019, 05:26 PM
The SFA will continue to under perform in every area of the game so long as clubs like Hibs stay silent.

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Hibernian head coach Paul Heckingbottom said: "It's not a penalty. That's not the reason we lost the game, we lost the game because we were rubbish. "There's nothing more to say. We looked like a team that had nothing to play for."

Good to hear the boss not allowing the players off the hook for a poor performance. However, the fact is the penalty decision was the reason we lost the game. If Dallas does his job correctly, we get a point. I didn't go today, but there was a good Hibs turnout in Ayrshire, but the fans were denied seeing the team get something from the game because of a terrible decision.

cleanyman
11-05-2019, 05:41 PM
I remember the first time I saw Andrew Dallas and he was hopeless

The way he speaks to players is also shambolic and having met him he has no people skills

Fast tracked for nothing

Useless

Jones28
11-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Don’t think he’s biased. Don’t think he’s a cheat. Simply think he is not good enough.

https://twitter.com/hibssoldier/status/1127254136515330049?s=21

How in the name of all that's holy is that a ****ing penalty?

Green Man
11-05-2019, 06:06 PM

My word. That is an appalling decision.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2019, 06:48 PM

Looks a stonewaller to me.......

Since90+2
11-05-2019, 06:49 PM

Better refs than Andrew Dallas were overlooked whilst he was fast tracked because of who and what Daddy was.

Exactly this.

BroxburnHibee
11-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Looks a stonewaller to me.......

Yep. Anything that gets Leveins face tripping is fine by me.

WoreTheGreen
11-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Exactly this.

Refs don’t know who there dad is according to a song

Kato
11-05-2019, 07:00 PM

There's better refs all over Scotland who never get promoted, then leave the game. Refereeing in Scotland is a local job for local people.

Stuart93
11-05-2019, 07:00 PM

A cheating hun *******

A Hi-Bee
11-05-2019, 07:01 PM

Hear, hear he is a sevco hun ****, should never be allowed near a real football game.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-05-2019, 07:02 PM
He clearly hates us

He’s not incompetent, he’s a dirty cheat

matty_f
11-05-2019, 09:51 PM

To be fair, I'd have given that as a penalty as well. Red card offence imho. :greengrin

mca
11-05-2019, 10:07 PM

I Remember my late dad talking about his father - Hugh Dallas or Huge Salad as he would call him and saying.. it's a good job they invented shorts.. or that twunt would have been running about with his trouser leg rolled up.. This was the 1980's

Nothing's Changed...

HibeeHibernian4
11-05-2019, 10:13 PM
Good to hear the boss not allowing the players off the hook for a poor performance. However, the fact is the penalty decision was the reason we lost the game. If Dallas does his job correctly, we get a point. I didn't go today, but there was a good Hibs turnout in Ayrshire, but the fans were denied seeing the team get something from the game because of a terrible decision.

I was there and I am very, very certain that if Killie hadn’t got a goal then, they would’ve at some point in the game. Going 1-0 up let them sit back on it, but I think they would’ve most likely found a goal from somewhere even if Dallas doesn’t give it.

Hibernia&Alba
11-05-2019, 10:29 PM
I was there and I am very, very certain that if Killie hadn’t got a goal then, they would’ve at some point in the game. Going 1-0 up let them sit back on it, but I think they would’ve most likely found a goal from somewhere even if Dallas doesn’t give it.

Mibees aye, mibees naw; but a terrible decision produced the only goal of the game, thus the penalty definitely cost us.

HibeeHibernian4
11-05-2019, 10:35 PM
Mibees aye, mibees naw; but a terrible decision produced the only goal of the game, thus the penalty definitely cost us.

Personally think that’s a very linear way of looking at a game of football, and I really don’t think it cost us today. Had it happened with 5 minutes to go? Sure. But about half an hour in, not for me.

dchibs
11-05-2019, 10:42 PM
Refs don’t know who there dad is according to a song

Good one.

The Harp Awakes
12-05-2019, 07:54 PM

Yes, no need to beat about the bush. AD is a hun and huns tend not to like Hibs. Killie are a bit hunnish ergo AD awards a non-penalty for Killie against Hibs. Enough to beat a lacklustre Hibs team on the day and mission accomplished for AD.

It's what happens in Scottish football regularly and will keep on happening until we get VAR.

Criswell
12-05-2019, 09:01 PM
That was the most ridiculous penalty award since..............his last penalty award! Seriously have to question this guy's judgement.

oldbutdim
12-05-2019, 09:13 PM
That was the most ridiculous penalty award since..............his last penalty award! Seriously have to question this guy's judgement.

I don't think there's any reason to question his judgement. He did exactly what he needed to do.

I wish my sons were as attentive to my advice as Dullard Jnr is to Dullard Snr.

Hibee87
13-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Yes, no need to beat about the bush. AD is a hun and huns tend not to like Hibs. Killie are a bit hunnish ergo AD awards a non-penalty for Killie against Hibs. Enough to beat a lacklustre Hibs team on the day and mission accomplished for AD.

It's what happens in Scottish football regularly and will keep on happening until we get VAR.

Really? You would have confidence in the people who would review VAR?

Deansy
13-05-2019, 08:40 AM

Nothing to do with judgement - it's his personal bias/ineptness/dishonesty !

delbert
13-05-2019, 08:56 AM
While the 'penalty ' today was a joke it's not even close to being his worst of the season. The one he awarded to St Johnstone against hearts should have been enough to get him sacked there and then.

When it comes to awarding penalties, Andrew Dallas clearly goes for quantity over quality. He is quite simply a very poor referee fast tracked into a position he doesn’t have the skills to operate in due to external factors ergo his Dad was a very good referee.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-05-2019, 08:59 AM
He has now made a rod for his own back by giving some ridiculous spot kicks. Players know that it is worth a shout just to throw yourself into the turf or plastic.

hibbydad
13-05-2019, 10:51 AM
His dad was a shocking referee also

Onion
13-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Never a pen and not a dive. The guy just decided to collapse in a heap by his own choice. If the SFA’s representatives are going to give pens for that, then they have no right to complain about players diving.

Cheating rewarded.

One Day Soon
14-05-2019, 12:12 PM

FFS. That should have been enough to have him dropped way, way down the gradings.

I ****ing hate referees anyway, but the most incompetent/suspect ones are as big a disease in our game as the sick duopoly that have been deforming the development of Scottish football for the last 100 years.

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Never a pen and not a dive. The guy just decided to collapse in a heap by his own choice.

Is that no what a dive is?

Keith_M
14-05-2019, 12:59 PM

Yeah, I'm struggling to see the difference as well.

southsider
14-05-2019, 01:19 PM
FFS. That should have been enough to have him dropped way, way down the gradings.

I ****ing hate referees anyway, but the most incompetent/suspect ones are as big a disease in our game as the sick duopoly that have been deforming the development of Scottish football for the last 100 years.
No, he should be dropped from a great height, Scott Monument perhaps.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2019, 02:27 PM

He’s well protected in the Scottish game. They never even mentioned him by name on Sportscene. He’ll be here for a while yet.

PatHead
14-05-2019, 02:34 PM
He’s well protected in the Scottish game. They never even mentioned him by name on Sportscene. He’ll be here for a while yet.

They went to town on him on BBC radio Scotland

PatHead
14-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Glad to see he has been given a Premiership game this weekend. Dundee v St Mirren.

One Day Soon
14-05-2019, 07:27 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure they're allowed to call someone a ***t on the telly - even after the watershed.

JimBHibees
15-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Glad to see he has been given a Premiership game this weekend. Dundee v St Mirren.

Huge game that. Wonder what his game changer will be in that game.

Superfurry72
15-05-2019, 06:34 AM

The thing that really annoys me about this is Bruce said when he commented that Hecky “lacked class” is that he “felt contact so went down”. Which is admitting that he dived! I hate it when players - and pundits - use that phrase. They’re basically saying it’s fine to cheat.

tonyrougier123
15-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Andrew dallas is a disgrace! Honestly canny understand how he can be selected to officiate matches in the spl.
Ive never seen him ref a match well.he is by far the worst ref we have for me.