PDA

View Full Version : Prolific Striker

RossScott1991
11-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Think we will continue to struggle if Kamberi, Shaw and McNulty are our options of leading the line next season. Would love to see see us push the boat out abit and find someone who is an out and out goal scorer. Trouble is they are hard to come by or very expensive. Unless we can unearth a gem from somewhere. Anyone got any ideas of strikers out there we should look to?

I’m still unsure on Mcnulty whether he’s one we should fully focus on bringing back in, I think with Boyle and Allan still to come in team willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as the service has been quite poor and he’s found himself isolated. Looked much better when Kamberi was alongside him (thinking 4.2 away to Dundee)

I still think we need another striker. Would love for us to have a new maverick upfront O’Connor, Deek, Griffiths etc. Unfortunately they are hard to come by!

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2019, 04:20 PM
Kamberi, McNulty and Shaw would score enough to see us good between them with better service. We could do with a big target man who could chip in with 8-10 goals to compliment them.

Hibs90
11-05-2019, 04:20 PM
We need a Riordan/Griffiths/Cummings

bingo70
11-05-2019, 04:23 PM
If we are playing a lone striker they won’t be prolific, their job is to bring others into the game so I’d expect our midfielders and wingers to score more.

If we are playing two up from McNulty will be as prolific as we can hope for. His goals have only dried up since we asked him to play up top himself.

Just Jimmy
11-05-2019, 04:24 PM
I'd argue the strikers we have need Scott Allan. and someone else who can contribute 8 or 10 goals to help out.

I'm not sold on Shaw. kamberi is an enigma but can clearly score goals and mcnulty should be a 15 or 20 goal striker up here.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
11-05-2019, 04:25 PM
This is the weakest area of the team that we badly need to strengthen.

B.H.F.C
11-05-2019, 04:27 PM
I'd argue the strikers we have need Scott Allan. and someone else who can contribute 8 or 10 goals to help out.

I'm not sold on Shaw. kamberi is an enigma but can clearly score goals and mcnulty should be a 15 or 20 goal striker up here.

His goals have also dried up since we started playing against the better sides in the league. Like our form in general really.

Ozyhibby
11-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Madness that we think only having three strikers on the books is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
11-05-2019, 04:31 PM

Correct.

Create for our strikers they score goals. Rely on them to be the creative ones for themselves and they won’t. It’s not complicated.

Against the poorer teams huffing and puffing will be enough to get past them but against the better sides we need more of a spark, that’ll come from Boyle, Allan and hopefully someone else next season.

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Madness that we think only having three strikers on the books is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, truly unbelievable. What teams in this league, or any league, have 4 good quality strikers?

SChibs
11-05-2019, 04:46 PM

Griffiths will be released from Celtic at the end of the season i heard. Wages would obviously be an issue

HibbyAndy
11-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Griffiths will be released from Celtic at the end of the season i heard. Wages would obviously be an issue

Released ? The guy was a £10 million pound player at least when he got 40 goals in the League and banged in 2 world class free kicks against England , Is his contract at an end ?

SChibs
11-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Released ? The guy was a £10 million pound player at least when he got 40 goals in the League and banged in 2 world class free kicks against England , Is his contract at an end ?

Just posting what I heard.

HibbyAndy
11-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Just posting what I heard.

:aok:

The Harp Awakes
11-05-2019, 05:41 PM

I think Sparky would be looked after at Hibs if he returned. He's one of us after all. Would be good for his illness and his football career.

He needs to come home.

J-C
11-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Seen Jase this afternoon strutting up Castle St like everyone was staring at him with some designer clothes bags, TBH I don't think anyone really noticed who he was but he had a smug look on his face as if everyone in the street should know who he was.

SRHibs
11-05-2019, 05:51 PM
Seen Jase this afternoon strutting up Castle St like everyone was staring at him with some designer clothes bags, TBH I don't think anyone really noticed who he was but he had a smug look on his face as if everyone in the street should know who he was.

Quite right too, the SC winning legend that he is!

Newry Hibs
11-05-2019, 05:51 PM

Could riordan still do a job for us?

jacomo
11-05-2019, 09:10 PM

As would his state of mind.

Unless, inspired by Lennon, he’s working his ticket so he can return to the club he loves. :wink:

Inconsequential
11-05-2019, 09:18 PM
If Sparky came back to Hibs and Sparky also came back to Hibs it would be comic. :wink:

monktonharp
11-05-2019, 11:01 PM
I think Sparky would be looked after at Hibs if he returned. He's one of us after all. Would be good for his illness and his football career.

He needs to come home.:agree: would be fantastic for us ( Hibs fans) and for him . However, what about the magic Dobbermeister, scoring 3 today I think and breaking the all time record at QoS by scoring 43? in a season. think he was sidelined for weeks tae.

Haymaker
12-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Could riordan still do a job for us?

Yes :agree:

My_Wife_Camille
12-05-2019, 04:02 AM
Bring back Dominique Malonga at once

green with envy
12-05-2019, 07:00 AM
If Sparky came back to Hibs and Sparky also came back to Hibs it would be comic. :wink:

At least it would give us the spark we need.