PDA

View Full Version : HSL - Q & A's

OfficialHSL
11-05-2019, 06:41 AM
Question and Answers

We are delighted to report a very positive response to recent initiatives and it is pleasing to note that more and more supporters are choosing to support our Management Team.
Over the coming months we will be making every effort to get as much additional funds to the Club to help bring in more players. We are also closing in on our target of £1.25m and many supporters want to have their names on our Founders Board and our official strip. With this in mind we thought it would be helpful to be available to answer as many questions as we can to help supporters decide if they want to help. We will kick things off with a couple of questions :
Q1. You seem to have had a few technical issues with your web site, are these all now sorted ?
Answer - Yes we have had a number of issues with our web site and needless to say we have had very serious words with the Company who developed this. In particular the password reset function and the contact us button have not worked but we understand that these issues are now fixed. We still have one or two minor things that we are working on to make Supporters lives easier.
Q2. How do I find out if I am already a full Member or how much I have contributed to date ?
Answer - via our web site go to the Menu page and click on “log in”. Use the email that you used when you joined and then enter your password. If you have lost the email that we sent to you please use the reset password function and follow things from there.

Over to you......

HSL

Ray_
11-05-2019, 07:02 AM
I have two accounts on the go, I only have access to one [0Z5S2VWX0D], both have been going for close to 4 years and the second was for my student son and I'd like to let him know what it's status is, both my direct debits go out routinely every month. The account I can access naturally only gives details of the direct debit payments that are linked to that account and not the other one.

I have made several requests via email and on here, which have been ignored [including on the last thread on here!] to see how I can get access and also to change my email address as that has changed since I started the accounts and the website won't allow me to update this information.

Ray

kevinc
11-05-2019, 07:03 AM
Question and Answers

We are delighted to report a very positive response to recent initiatives and it is pleasing to note that more and more supporters are choosing to support our Management Team.
Over the coming months we will be making every effort to get as much additional funds to the Club to help bring in more players. We are also closing in on our target of £1.25m and many supporters want to have their names on our Founders Board and our official strip. With this in mind we thought it would be helpful to be available to answer as many questions as we can to help supporters decide if they want to help. We will kick things off with a couple of questions :
Q1. You seem to have had a few technical issues with your web site, are these all now sorted ?
Answer - Yes we have had a number of issues with our web site and needless to say we have had very serious words with the Company who developed this. In particular the password reset function and the contact us button have not worked but we understand that these issues are now fixed. We still have one or two minor things that we are working on to make Supporters lives easier.
Q2. How do I find out if I am already a full Member or how much I have contributed to date ?
Answer - via our web site go to the Menu page and click on “log in”. Use the email that you used when you joined and then enter your password. If you have lost the email that we sent to you please use the reset password function and follow things from there.

Over to you......

HSL

Hi HSL, I have some questions,

Q1. Have you decided what the contribution level and cut off date is for being becoming a founder member.

Q2. Have you considered having more of a presence on match day, not everyone goes on line and having the ability to capture new members at the matches may result in an increase in members.

Q3. Can I swap my personal shares to an HSL contribution

Thanks.

OfficialHSL
11-05-2019, 07:44 AM
I have two accounts on the go, I only have access to one [0Z5S2VWX0D], both have been going for close to 4 years and the second was for my student son and I'd like to let him know what it's status is, both my direct debits go out routinely every month. The account I can access naturally only gives details of the direct debit payments that are linked to that account and not the other one.

I have made several requests via email and on here, which have been ignored [including on the last thread on here!] to see how I can get access and also to change my email address as that has changed since I started the accounts and the website won't allow me to update this information.

Ray
Ray
Could you put this in an email to info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk
HSL

OfficialHSL
11-05-2019, 07:57 AM

Q1. Have you decided what the contribution level and cut off date is for being becoming a founder member.

Q2. Have you considered having more of a presence on match day, not everyone goes on line and having the ability to capture new members at the matches may result in an increase in members.

Thanks.
Kevin
If you have 1875 Franks (£225) you will be a full and Founding Member.. We have not finalised the cut off date yet. The Club will let us know the latest date we can give info to the shirt manufacturer and we want to give ourselves a few weeks to ensure we have everyone’s name for the shirt. We are are working with 30th September but we are hoping to push this date back if we can to give Members and potential Members as much time as possible.
We have had a presence at Match days in the past but this has not proved popular. Having said this given the increasing interest in HSL we plan to do this next Season.

HSL

Ray_
11-05-2019, 08:05 AM
Ray
Could you put this in an email to info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk
HSL

Will do.

Thank You.

DaveF
12-05-2019, 07:01 AM
I know the AGM is before the Aberdeen game but what time and where? (I deleted the email)

Thought it might have been posted on the HSL site but latest news is almost 2 months old.

MSK
12-05-2019, 07:04 AM
I know the AGM is before the Aberdeen game but what time and where? (I deleted the email)

Thought it might have been posted on the HSL site but latest news is almost 2 months old.The Meeting will take place at 12 noon and will be held in the Captains 1 & 2 Suites which can be entered from the Main Reception in the West Stand 👍

DaveF
12-05-2019, 07:09 AM
Thanks MSK.

MSK
12-05-2019, 07:11 AM
Thanks MSK.👍

matty_f
12-05-2019, 09:36 AM
1) How much money does STF make from each share purchased by HSL?

2) What is HSL for (e.g. is it just to raise funds, is it fan ownership, securing the club, signing players etc)?

3) How much of the donations do Hibs get?

4) What is the benefit of having an HSL presence on the board?

5) If fan ownership is a goal, what does that mean in practical terms?

6) People draw comparisons with Foundation of Hearts, we all know that that worked because they had to save their club, so comparisons might not work - is there anything that you can learn from St Mirren or Motherwell's schemes?

7) Why should people donate to HSL?

8) Does HSL dilute STF's and Petrie's shareholding?

9) What do you get if you're a member?

10) What is the difference between an HSL membership and buying shares direct?

kennedy
12-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Question and Answers

Over to you......

HSL

Password reset: can now confirm that it is now working and I have now seen my account for the first time.

Danderhall Hibs
12-05-2019, 01:25 PM

2) What is HSL for (e.g. is it just to raise funds, is it fan ownership, securing the club, signing players etc)?

6) People draw comparisons with Foundation of Hearts, we all know that that worked because they had to save their club, so comparisons might not work - is there anything that you can learn from St Mirren or Motherwell's schemes?

Good questions - these seem to come up a lot when HSL post so it will be good to put some myths to bed and hopefully encourage more to sign up.

hibbydad
12-05-2019, 01:57 PM
I cannot believe these questions are being asked again they have been answered so many times. STF is making nothing out of this his shareholding is being diluted and all the money goes to the club

Danderhall Hibs
12-05-2019, 02:08 PM
I cannot believe these questions are being asked again they have been answered so many times. STF is making nothing out of this his shareholding is being diluted and all the money goes to the club

They keep coming up though and are blocking the progress of HSL. An official answer and somewhere to point to next time it’s being dragged up by someone would be great.

matty_f
12-05-2019, 03:41 PM
:aok:

Handy to have that on one Q&A thread, though.

OfficialHSL
12-05-2019, 03:43 PM

Thanks.
Kevin
Just realised we did not answer your third question :
Q3 - yes, you can donate your existing shares to HSL. Simply write a letter to the Club telling them what you want to do. We would always suggest retaining a couple of shares for your mantle piece as well as ensuring your right to attend AGMs

HSL

Iggy Pope
12-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Kevin
Q3 - yes, you can donate your existing shares to HSL. Simply write a letter to the Club telling them what you want to do. We would always suggest retaining a couple of shares for your mantle piece as well as ensuring your right to attend AGMs

HSL

A nice sentiment.
It might be worth a word to the admins to request that your thread is kept to Q&A.
It’s a good initiative and it would be a shame if opinion rather than fact come into it and clouded the content. There’s plenty of other threads for folks to air their viewpoint.

OfficialHSL
12-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Iggy
We are not sure what you mean. We hope we have answered the question accurately ?

HSL

OfficialHSL
12-05-2019, 05:10 PM

Thanks.
Kevin

HSL

kevinc
12-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Kevin

HSL
Thank you , very helpful and I appreciate your suggestion.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2019, 07:01 PM
In what way is gifting your own shares to HSL better, than holding onto them yourself?

Pagan Hibernia
12-05-2019, 07:33 PM
In what way is gifting your own shares to HSL better, than holding onto them yourself?

Everyones different. Some people might like the idea of being part of a collective and helping HSL achieve their target of 25.1% ownership. Others won’t. No one is wrong (except the ones who spread malicious lies about HSL).

Hamish
12-05-2019, 07:34 PM

It gets HSL nearer the target detailed on their website -
Our target is to achieve a meaningful stake, such as 26%. This will allow our Members to be represented at Board level and of course provide a blocking vote in the event of any future majority shareholder having dishonourable intent.

overdrive
12-05-2019, 07:45 PM
I think one of the agenda items for the AGM is a proposal to increase the minimum donation amount for membership from the current £225. When is it proposed that this would take effect if the motion is passed?

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2019, 07:45 PM
It gets HSL nearer the target detailed on their website -
Our target is to achieve a meaningful stake, such as 26%. This will allow our Members to be represented at Board level and of course provide a blocking vote in the event of any future majority shareholder having dishonourable intent.

Do shareholders not already have more than the 26%, between HSL and direct buyers though? What's the benefit of having representation at Board level?

Iggy Pope
12-05-2019, 07:52 PM
Iggy
We are not sure what you mean. We hope we have answered the question accurately ?

HSL

I meant the thread would be better kept to Q&A which is what I thought you intended. Now we’ve got Qs with the A being given by the rest and debated throughout. Gets messy and opinion gets in the way of the facts.
I never asked a question but I was interested in the initiative.
PS.. when I remarked about the nice sentiment I meant it. Not every comment is a dig.

BSEJVT
12-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Do shareholders not already have more than the 26%, between HSL and direct buyers though? What's the benefit of having representation at Board level?

HSL having such a holding absolutely guarantees that the blocking vote is there and will be used.

There are numerous large nominee holdings of shares which muddy the water in regard to how much the ordinary Hibs supporter who could be relied upon to exercise a blocking vote actually holds.

Whilst never an advocate of complete fan ownership I like the idea that we have a board member there by right rather than nomination who can be guaranteed to act upon the wishes of HSL members without fear or favour

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2019, 08:08 PM
HSL having such a holding absolutely guarantees that the blocking vote is there and will be used.

There are numerous large nominee holdings of shares which muddy the water in regard to how much the ordinary Hibs supporter who could be relied upon to exercise a blocking vote actually holds.

Whilst never an advocate of complete fan ownership I like the idea that we have a board member there by right rather than nomination who can be guaranteed to act upon the wishes of HSL members without fear or favour

Good answer BSEJVT, bit of clarity given, cheers:aok:

kevinc
12-05-2019, 08:21 PM
In what way is gifting your own shares to HSL better, than holding onto them yourself? For me it is better as they are not really anything other than a piece of paper, for HSL they add to the current shareholding, for all the negativity surrounding HSL I am still not seeing any alternatives being offered; loads of sniping and reluctance to invest but little in the way of credible options to keep us competitive (financially) with Aberdeen and Hertz.

Criswell
12-05-2019, 09:33 PM

I see Sir Tom's wealth is quoted in today's Sunday Times Rich List as being worth £126 million. No point being made here, just saying like.

1875STEVE
12-05-2019, 11:52 PM
Question and Answers

Over to you......

HSL

Closing on £1.25m?? That's good news, must have been some decent uptake recently, it was around 800k ish only a few months back.

DaveF
13-05-2019, 05:54 AM
Closing on £1.25m?? That's good news, must have been some decent uptake recently, it was around 800k ish only a few months back.

I think the closing in comment is maybe a projection based on current levels rather than it being imminent as I asked about totals a while back.

I'll let HSL confirm though.

Bangkok Hibby
13-05-2019, 06:59 AM
A nice sentiment.
It might be worth a word to the admins to request that your thread is kept to Q&A.
It’s a good initiative and it would be a shame if opinion rather than fact come into it and clouded the content. There’s plenty of other threads for folks to air their viewpoint.

Totally agree, a good idea for a thread restricted to those who'd like clarification on certain things and ONLY official answers from HSL. Not sure that's doable on a public forum though?

OfficialHSL
13-05-2019, 08:14 AM

MattyF

1. No. The shares being bought by HSL are new shares issued by the Club rather than being bought from existing shareholders.
2. The principal purpose of HSL is to raise new funds for our Club. More particularly to put that money directly to our Manager to spend on new players and improve our prospects of success on the park.A by product of this however is that we receive shares in our Club and therefore become part owners.
3. Nearly 100% of the donations to HSL goes to the Club. A very small amount is spent on admin.
4. As with most other Clubs in Scotland our biggest challenge is finance. We want to significantly increase this source of additional funding to the Club it it will help if we all work closely together with this common objective.
5. Our goal is to achieve a meaningful stake in the Club. This is 25.1% and equates to £1.25m. At this point ordinary supporters will be in a position to protect the Club from situations such as Mercer or Duff/Gray.
6. Direct comparisons aren’t easy because as you say each set of circumstances are different. However, the issues in front of the Clubs that you mention are similar I.e. lack of money. Unfortunately Scottish football does not attract the kind of commercial funding as England and so we are left to our own devices. A significant source of funding is therefore the ordinary fans. While money can not guarantee success it does help in the long run. Hearts and Aberdeen fans are donating huge sums of money to their Clubs because they want to be better than us.
7. See above. If you want to help Paul and Robbie improve the product on the park, donate to HSL.
8. Yes. HFC’s shareholding is now down to about 62% from a previous 98%
9. Ownership. When you are a fully paid Member you are a joint, and equal owner of HSL along with your fellow Members. HSL as an entity now owns almost 20% of the Club.
10. Both ownership methods have full legal status.
As this is an HSL thread we make no apologies for expressing our preference for providing additional financial support via HSL. We have many Members of HSL who could have bought significant shareholdings in the Club but they chose not to as the felt it was inappropriate in the context of fan ownership. The principal of one Member one vote was paramount. This means that whether you are paying £100pm to HSL or £7.73pm , all our voices are equal.

HSL

NAE NOOKIE
13-05-2019, 10:40 AM
I see Sir Tom's wealth is quoted in today's Sunday Times Rich List as being worth £126 million. No point being made here, just saying like.

That's a bit of a shocker then, coz I recall a few years back reading that he was worth 400 million. How do you become a millionaire? Start off as a billionaire and buy a football club :greengrin

matty_f
13-05-2019, 10:41 AM
MattyF

1. No. The shares being bought by HSL are new shares issued by the Club rather than being bought from existing shareholders.
2. The principal purpose of HSL is to raise new funds for our Club. More particularly to put that money directly to our Manager to spend on new players and improve our prospects of success on the park.A by product of this however is that we receive shares in our Club and therefore become part owners.
3. Nearly 100% of the donations to HSL goes to the Club. A very small amount is spent on admin.
4. As with most other Clubs in Scotland our biggest challenge is finance. We want to significantly increase this source of additional funding to the Club it it will help if we all work closely together with this common objective.
5. Our goal is to achieve a meaningful stake in the Club. This is 25.1% and equates to £1.25m. At this point ordinary supporters will be in a position to protect the Club from situations such as Mercer or Duff/Gray.
6. Direct comparisons aren’t easy because as you say each set of circumstances are different. However, the issues in front of the Clubs that you mention are similar I.e. lack of money. Unfortunately Scottish football does not attract the kind of commercial funding as England and so we are left to our own devices. A significant source of funding is therefore the ordinary fans. While money can not guarantee success it does help in the long run. Hearts and Aberdeen fans are donating huge sums of money to their Clubs because they want to be better than us.
7. See above. If you want to help Paul and Robbie improve the product on the park, donate to HSL.
8. Yes. HFC’s shareholding is now down to about 62% from a previous 98%
9. Ownership. When you are a fully paid Member you are a joint, and equal owner of HSL along with your fellow Members. HSL as an entity now owns almost 20% of the Club.
10. Both ownership methods have full legal status.
As this is an HSL thread we make no apologies for expressing our preference for providing additional financial support via HSL. We have many Members of HSL who could have bought significant shareholdings in the Club but they chose not to as the felt it was inappropriate in the context of fan ownership. The principal of one Member one vote was paramount. This means that whether you are paying £100pm to HSL or £7.73pm , all our voices are equal.

HSL

Criswell
13-05-2019, 09:39 PM
That's a bit of a shocker then, coz I recall a few years back reading that he was worth 400 million. How do you become a millionaire? Start off as a billionaire and buy a football club :greengrin

Tom Farmer was never a billionaire, nor was he ever worth £400 million. The Kwik-Fix business was sold for about a billion pounds but he only benefited personally for about £75 million, one assumes the value of his equity in the company.

McD
13-05-2019, 09:50 PM
Hi HSL,

I’ve been pondering the recent political situations we’ve witnessed/been part of in recent years, which got me thinking about how Hibs and HSL could work, so I have a couple of questions:

- when HSL reach 25.1%, and have a permanent seat on the board, will the nominated board member be obligated/bound to vote on board matters as the HSL membership indicate? And if so, will there be regular votes/polls for the membership?

- as the brexit referendum has shown, a tiny majority in a vote/poll can cause a real split amongst people. Considering this, will there be a minimum criteria for votes to meet in order to guide the HSL board member, for example, at least 60% of members vote to fill in the corners in order for the board member to vote this way in a board decision? (I’m not suggesting a poll of the membership for every board decision btw)

apologies for bringing politics in to this, and it’s not aimed with any slant, I’m genuinely curious, and I think it’s important that whomever is nominated and steps onto the board on behalf of HSL membership is supported fully in making it a productive working situation. We’ve seen the criticism that the fans reps concept has attracted, this person will have a fair bit of clout behind them in terms of voting weight, and as such needs to be given the best support from those they represent.

Thanks in advance :aok:

OfficialHSL
14-05-2019, 06:19 AM
Hi HSL,

I’ve been pondering the recent political situations we’ve witnessed/been part of in recent years, which got me thinking about how Hibs and HSL could work, so I have a couple of questions:

- when HSL reach 25.1%, and have a permanent seat on the board, will the nominated board member be obligated/bound to vote on board matters as the HSL membership indicate? And if so, will there be regular votes/polls for the membership?

- as the brexit referendum has shown, a tiny majority in a vote/poll can cause a real split amongst people. Considering this, will there be a minimum criteria for votes to meet in order to guide the HSL board member, for example, at least 60% of members vote to fill in the corners in order for the board member to vote this way in a board decision? (I’m not suggesting a poll of the membership for every board decision btw)

apologies for bringing politics in to this, and it’s not aimed with any slant, I’m genuinely curious, and I think it’s important that whomever is nominated and steps onto the board on behalf of HSL membership is supported fully in making it a productive working situation. We’ve seen the criticism that the fans reps concept has attracted, this person will have a fair bit of clout behind them in terms of voting weight, and as such needs to be given the best support from those they represent.

Thanks in advance :aok:
McD
Thank you for your question. You will appreciate we are going into new territory but we will do our best to answer :

- the main purpose of non executive Directors is to assist the Executive Team in whatever way they can so we would anticipate taking a steer from that Team at the time. Given that most of the work of the Board is dealing with routine work we would not anticipate regular polls. Do remember we are simply taking an ownership stake, we are not here to run the Club

- as previously advised we would intend to operate on a simple majority basis. Clearly if this proved to be problematic our Members May wish to review this. The reality is that we simply don’t anticipate have many votes. If a future Board felt that ER Stadium would be perfect for luxury flats and this proposal was put to shareholders in such a scenario we would take instructions from our Members. One would not imagine too much of a split in our vote.
We hope this helps.

HSL

matty_f
14-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Do HSL make payments to the club monthly?

How much is currently being contributed?

Based on average donations, what difference would an extra 1000 contributers make to the club?

OfficialHSL
14-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Do HSL make payments to the club monthly?

How much is currently being contributed?

Based on average donations, what difference would an extra 1000 contributers make to the club?
Matty F
Yes, we pass money to the Club more or less every month.

They amount can vary between £16k to £20k

Our average donation is £14pm so an extra 1000 supporters helping would add £14,000 per month. That would be another good player for our Manager.
We keep saying and will keep repeating, our competitors across the City are contributing so much money not because of a few paying large amounts but because of so many ordinary supporters paying a small amount.
Please join HSL if you can and help us to get us back into Europe.

HSL

Power
14-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Matty F
Yes, we pass money to the Club more or less every month.

They amount can vary between £16k to £20k

Our average donation is £14pm so an extra 1000 supporters helping would add £14,000 per month. That would be another good player for our Manager.
We keep saying and will keep repeating, our competitors across the City are contributing so much money not because of a few paying large amounts but because of so many ordinary supporters paying a small amount.
Please join HSL if you can and help us to get us back into Europe.

HSL

That’s good detail (Good question Matty). I’d encourage this kind of insight to drive more engagement.

Keep up the good work.

matty_f
14-05-2019, 02:48 PM
That’s good detail (Good question Matty). I’d encourage this kind of insight to drive more engagement.

Keep up the good work.

I know it's relative, but £14/month isn't a huge amount to commit to.

I would think having that sort of money coming in regularly would/could make a huge difference to the team.

Power
14-05-2019, 06:18 PM

I would think having that sort of money coming in regularly would/could make a huge difference to the team.

Absolutely and that’s the kind of difference, with facts, I would be shouting about.

DaveF
14-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Can this be stuck so it's always visible please?

OfficialHSL
14-05-2019, 07:01 PM

MattyF
Correct, it is this regular amount coming in that can make a difference.
For some even £14 may be a bridge too far so please note you can join for as little as £7.73 per month.
The really great thing about HSL is that while we have some Members paying £120 per month we are all equal.
If you are already a Member please help by calling a fellow Hibee and spread the word.
HSL