PDA

View Full Version : Double Standards

AugustaHibs
10-05-2019, 09:47 AM
I see Neymar has been banned for 3 games for punching a fan...I wonder what would happen if say a hibs fan 'punched' or even pushed a player?

Itsnoteasy
10-05-2019, 09:50 AM
I see Neymar has been banned for 3 games for punching a fan...I wonder what would happen if say a hibs fan 'punched' or even pushed a player?

We won't have to long to find out.
The guy that tickled the hertz keeper will be getting charged soon.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-05-2019, 10:28 AM
What did Cantona get for the karate kick on the Wimbledon fan. Was it not half a season?

Stevie Reid
10-05-2019, 10:37 AM
What did Cantona get for the karate kick on the Wimbledon fan. Was it not half a season?

8 months - and the jail, initially. Was sentenced to two weeks in prison, but successfully appealed it.

Kojock
10-05-2019, 10:45 AM
We won't have to long to find out.
The guy that tickled the hertz keeper will be getting charged soon.

A 21 year old guy from Musselburgh was found guilty of assault after trial last week, sentencing has been deferred till next month. The crown has moved for a football banning order the length of the ban will be revealed at the sentencing hearing.

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Different countries have different rules, whatever next.

WeeRussell
10-05-2019, 11:21 AM

Do you reckon Neymar should be banned from all football stadiums for ten years?

CockneyRebel
10-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Do you reckon Neymar should be banned from all football stadiums for ten years?

Why should he get less punishment than a supporter who almost shoved a player? Folk complain about one law for the rich and one for the poor so is this any different? Everyone should get the same treatment although the supporter was made an example of which again is unfair unless you make an example of everyone.

Unfortunately football is seen in a different light to other crimes, most likely because as it's still looked upon as a working class pursuit although there won't be too many of them at either final.

WeeRussell
10-05-2019, 11:38 AM
Why should he get less punishment than a supporter who almost shoved a player?

If he'd broke down the door of the supporter's workplace, ran-up and put himself in the way of him carrying out the task he was trying to do at the time.. and then almost punched him, the incident might be more similar.

As it happens I think Neymar got off pretty lightly. He lashed out (didn't punch) at a fan abusing/winding him up and shouldn't have. I don't think anyone really thinks he should be jailed or have the same treatment as the clown at Easter Road who planned-out his little show, even if it is big bad Neymar who everyone hates.

green with envy
10-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Thought it was a Palace fan?

SJNB Hibby
10-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Thought it was a Palace fan?
It was

CockneyRebel
10-05-2019, 04:53 PM
If he'd broke down the door of the supporter's workplace, ran-up and put himself in the way of him carrying out the task he was trying to do at the time.. and then almost punched him, the incident might be more similar.

As it happens I think Neymar got off pretty lightly. He lashed out (didn't punch) at a fan abusing/winding him up and shouldn't have. I don't think anyone really thinks he should be jailed or have the same treatment as the clown at Easter Road who planned-out his little show, even if it is big bad Neymar who everyone hates.

I actually have not seen the Neymar incident, just going on the reports but I still stand by my comments, There is no difference between a supporter or a player IMO but they do get treated a hell of a lot differently.