PDA

View Full Version : NHC CL Final Ticket Allocation

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Like gold dust!

Liverpool FC has released the following ticket details for the Champions League final to be played at Estadio Metropolitano in Madrid on Saturday June 1.
The game will kick off at 9pm local time.
Ticket allocation and prices
The club has received an allocation of 16,613 tickets for this all-ticket fixture.
Within the allocation of tickets received, approximately five per cent are Category 1, 21 per cent are Category 2, 54 per cent are Category 3, and 20 per cent are Category 4.

Category 1: £513 (£410 restricted view)
Category 2: £385 (£308 restricted view)
Category 3: £154 (£120 restricted view)
Category 4: £60

There are a minimal number of restricted in view tickets within the allocation.
Concessionary priced tickets are not available, and we are unable to guarantee that all price points will be available when making your booking.
The club has also received a further allocation of 300 top category seats that, in line with UEFA guidelines, will be used as part of the players’ allocation, the club’s UEFA Youth League team’s players and staff, travelling club staff, and VIPs

Sammy7nil
08-05-2019, 06:19 PM
It is a joke that VIP's and players tickets are not catered for from the other 30,000 tickets UEFA are holding back from both clubs.

we are hibs
08-05-2019, 06:20 PM
Scandalous pricing and allocations for a 67k stadium. These allocations seem to be getting lower and lower and will soon just be a stadium full of hospitality supporters.

Pretty Boy
08-05-2019, 06:24 PM
Why does an all singing all dancing stadium completely renovated less than 2 years ago have restricted view areas? Or more specifically why is it hosting a CL final when bigger and better stadiums are available?

Personally I liked the idea that was put forward recently of just playing the game at Wembley every year. Great transport hub, great city and the biggest non club stadium in Europe.

brianmc
08-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Why does an all singing all dancing stadium completely renovated less than 2 years ago have restricted view areas? Or more specifically why is it hosting a CL final when bigger and better stadiums are available?

Personally I liked the idea that was put forward recently of just playing the game at Wembley every year. Great transport hub, great city and the biggest non club stadium in Europe.

Strangely, one of the main fan gripes during Spurs tenancy of Wembley was poor transport links and the general difficultly in getting to/from the stadium.

HH81
08-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Strangely, one of the main fan gripes during Spurs tenancy of Wembley was poor transport links and the general difficultly in getting to/from the stadium.

I have been to Wembley on three occasions and had no issues on any of them.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2019, 06:37 PM

Really? I've been several times and always found getting to and from it pretty easy.

Pretty Boy
08-05-2019, 06:38 PM

I've only been to Wembley twice and my experience was fine but that's anecdotal so not really worth much.

My point was about London more generally as a hub city.

Lago
08-05-2019, 06:39 PM

Correct on all counts

brianmc
08-05-2019, 06:57 PM
My only visit to Wembley (for Barcelona v Man Utd Champions League Final in 2011) was a straight forward enough affair as far as getting in and out - My earlier post was merely passing on what I'd heard on various radio shows...
Back to the OP though. I agree the allocations are really poor. The only thing worse is the pricing. Scandalous!

dalkeith stu
08-05-2019, 06:57 PM

I was there in November and it's a fantastic stadium. I wouldn't imagine there are many/ if any restricted views unless the TV stations are putting in cameras in specific areas.

Joe6-2
08-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Scandalous pricing and allocations for a 67k stadium. These allocations seem to be getting lower and lower and will soon just be a stadium full of hospitality supporters.

Bloody ridiculous

madabouthibs
08-05-2019, 08:09 PM
I was there in November and it's a fantastic stadium. I wouldn't imagine there are many/ if any restricted views unless the TV stations are putting in cameras in specific areas.
This. I wasxalso there in November for a CL match, fantastic arena, I can't even think where the view would be restricted, unless it's some low seated areas down near the pitch.

jgl07
08-05-2019, 08:27 PM
I suspect that there may be issues for Tottenham fans travelling in from parts of North London to Wembley without going via Central London.

I have been four times this season (so far) and Wembley Central is very well connected from Euston and King Cross via the Overground and the Metropolitan Line. There are also main line services from Marylebone to Wembley Stadium.

Ronniekirk
08-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Catering for the Rich But knowing ordinary fans will find the money to try and buy tickets from other sources Touts Paradise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbySpurs
08-05-2019, 09:15 PM
Sad thing is that good decent fans of both Liverpool & Spurs will end up getting ripped off to get a brief paying ridiculous sums just to be there.

Football’s about the supporters? My ****ing arse

Michael
08-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Most folk there will probably have never been to a football game before in their life. I could understand if 10% were held back for corporate...but to keep back over half is ridiculous.

So many Liverpool and Spurs fans going to miss out on biggest game in their history for a bunch of businessmen who support neither side.

7Hero
08-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Was at Cardiff couple years ago for Juve Real final. The atmosphere was shocking, the split would have been similar, majority of people are corporate. I was invited by the tournaments main sponsor Heineken. The ticket value was £4-5k, that's what it cost them to get me in.

This was for the "second tier" hospitality at the time, we got fed at the cricket ground down the road, not even in the stadium. It was absolutely brilliant "corporate experience", with a weirdly **** atmosphere, but its all built around the corporate market, half and half scarves everywhere.

The money generated for this game is ridiculous though, can't see them ever increasing fans allocations, it will only get smaller.

JeMeSouviens
09-05-2019, 11:22 AM

It has a couple of roof supporting pillars on one side, you can see one at top left of this pic:

https://ctxt.es/images/cache/800x540/nocrop/images%7Ccms-image-000018415.jpg

.Sean.
09-05-2019, 11:28 AM
Don’t know what’s worse, the paltry amount both clubs receive or the prices the supporters will be expected to pay, on top of already being ripped off by the airlines with the price of flights?

Where is the justification in FOUR HUNDRED QUID for 90 minutes of football? It’s disgusting.

The working man’s game? :boo hoo::no way:

pollution
09-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Return flight from Liverpool to Madrid nearly £1500 on Easyjet!!! Leaving the day before the game and returning two days after.

Renfrew_Hibby
09-05-2019, 11:37 AM

Many English football fans generally dislike Wembley.

Actually quite poor transport links, miles out from anywhere of interest, having to put up with London prices and when they actually get into the stadium, its a souless bowl with a crap atmosphere.
Apart from London teams, most fans would rather go to Old Trafford or something similar for cup finals, England games ect.

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Like gold dust!

Liverpool FC has released the following ticket details for the Champions League final to be played at Estadio Metropolitano in Madrid on Saturday June 1.
The game will kick off at 9pm local time.
Ticket allocation and prices
The club has received an allocation of 16,613 tickets for this all-ticket fixture.
Within the allocation of tickets received, approximately five per cent are Category 1, 21 per cent are Category 2, 54 per cent are Category 3, and 20 per cent are Category 4.

Category 1: £513 (£410 restricted view)
Category 2: £385 (£308 restricted view)
Category 3: £154 (£120 restricted view)
Category 4: £60

There are a minimal number of restricted in view tickets within the allocation.
Concessionary priced tickets are not available, and we are unable to guarantee that all price points will be available when making your booking.
The club has also received a further allocation of 300 top category seats that, in line with UEFA guidelines, will be used as part of the players’ allocation, the club’s UEFA Youth League team’s players and staff, travelling club staff, and VIPs

Don't you mean printed with gold dust. and restricted view!!!

Here's a thought, A team from London and a team from Liverpool, how about being sensible and play it in a neutral venue in England.

Old Trafford and the Millenium Stadium both have larger capacities.

WeAreHibs
09-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Was at Cardiff couple years ago for Juve Real final. The atmosphere was shocking, the split would have been similar, majority of people are corporate. I was invited by the tournaments main sponsor Heineken. The ticket value was £4-5k, that's what it cost them to get me in.

This was for the "second tier" hospitality at the time, we got fed at the cricket ground down the road, not even in the stadium. It was absolutely brilliant "corporate experience", with a weirdly **** atmosphere, but its all built around the corporate market, half and half scarves everywhere.

The money generated for this game is ridiculous though, can't see them ever increasing fans allocations, it will only get smaller.

Unbelievable Jeff.
Who was man of the match? 😉

Hibeesmad
09-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Spurs single tier stand at their new stadium holds more fans than the allocation they have received for the Champions League Final. Unfortunately UEFA are all about the money and themselves.

Onceinawhile
09-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Don't you mean printed with gold dust. and restricted view!!!

Here's a thought, A team from London and a team from Liverpool, how about being sensible and play it in a neutral venue in England.

Old Trafford and the Millenium Stadium both have larger capacities.

em.....

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2019, 01:11 PM
em.....

I know, but it is a bit more convenient for the fans

Sioux
09-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Internet prices are currently around £3000+ for category 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Istanbul, Liverpool got 20,000 official tickets. Must have been 50,000 in the stadium. Majority paying stupid prices, including me (£250) from a dodgy guy in the city centre. But nowhere near as daft as this year's prices, even when taking account of inflation.

SChibs
09-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Don’t know what’s worse, the paltry amount both clubs receive or the prices the supporters will be expected to pay, on top of already being ripped off by the airlines with the price of flights?

Where is the justification in FOUR HUNDRED QUID for 90 minutes of football? It’s disgusting.

The working man’s game? :boo hoo::no way:

If hibs ever reached the Champions league final I wouldn't hesitate to pay £400 for a ticket.

Anyway that's nothing, there were tickets for the Spurs end going for £3000 in Dam Square yesterday afternoon

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2019, 06:10 PM
If hibs ever reached the Champions league final I wouldn't hesitate to pay £400 for a ticket.

Anyway that's nothing, there were tickets for the Spurs end going for £3000 in Dam Square yesterday afternoon

£400 is ridiculous, I wouldn’t pay it regardless of the occasion.

GreenLake
09-05-2019, 10:06 PM
It is a joke that VIP's and players tickets are not catered for from the other 30,000 tickets UEFA are holding back from both clubs.

The tickets get distributed to those who pay for the teams. The amount supporters pay for their players and salaries is way less than in the past. TV and big corporate money is what buys and pays for players. If your team is really good and they make European finals then maybe you are lucky to watch more than you can afford in regular season league and domestic cup games.

I'm supposed to cry for English fans who can't afford to go and watch their billion pound team in a final? They are overestimating their contribution. They are Notts County without corporate or TV money.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2019, 11:30 PM
Absolutely scandalous that less than half of the capacity of the stadium will be going to normal fans of both clubs.

SteveHFC
09-05-2019, 11:46 PM
Arsenal and Chelsea only given 6,000 tickets each for the europa league final where the stadium holds 68,700.

Unreal.

Auckland Hibs
10-05-2019, 12:58 AM
Arsenal and Chelsea only given 6,000 tickets each for the europa league final where the stadium holds 68,700.

Unreal.

Pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with football IMO.

Diclonius
10-05-2019, 07:51 AM

Unreal.

We really are now approaching "token allocation" territory. Nothing will be done about it either until FIFA/UEFA are run by someone who actually gives a **** about football and not money.

.Sean.
10-05-2019, 08:04 AM

Neither would I buy it still doesn’t make it alright.

Arsenal and Chelsea allocated 8000 tickets each in a stadium of near 70000

IWasThere2016
10-05-2019, 08:12 AM

Not my personal experience watching City win there in 2018. I left very underwhelmed with it - and if you think the Catering at ER is over-priced and vile we are Michelin in comparison.

PapillonVert
10-05-2019, 08:15 AM

Not just the ticket prices. Fans being royally ripped off by transport providers and hotels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48214483

Disgraceful and totally unjustifiable.

danhibees1875
10-05-2019, 08:17 AM

Unreal.

I seen that and assumed it had been reported wrong somewhere down the line.

Given how the Europa is regarded and the fact it's in Baku with limited transport I wonder how many fans would have wanted to attend given the chance though. :dunno:

neil7908
10-05-2019, 08:35 AM
I thought the allocations for Scottish Cup finals were bad, this is truly disgusting. The atmosphere in the Baku will be dead.

Compare that to the scenes at Annfield (OK not a neutral venue) and decide what is a better advert for football.

oneone73
10-05-2019, 08:41 AM
Annfield! Brings back memories for us oldies.

CockneyRebel
10-05-2019, 08:49 AM
The tickets get distributed to those who pay for the teams. The amount supporters pay for their players and salaries is way less than in the past. TV and big corporate money is what buys and pays for players. If your team is really good and they make European finals then maybe you are lucky to watch more than you can afford in regular season league and domestic cup games.

I'm supposed to cry for English fans who can't afford to go and watch their billion pound team in a final? They are overestimating their contribution. They are Notts County without corporate or TV money.

Nobody is asking you to cry for English fans, read the posts. People are complaining about the ticket allocation, the cost of tickets/flights etc and (in the case of Arsenal v Chelsea) the ridiculous travel time and cost of getting to the venue. The main complainers are speaking out on behalf of all football supporters in general as they are the ones who should be getting a better deal all round. Corporate seats for neutrals should be a much lower figure as there will always be thousands of supporters of the finalists who have followed their team through all the rounds and then get kicked in the Henry Halls.

jgl07
10-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Annfield! Brings back memories for us oldies.
That’s where Stirling Albion play!

I think you mean Anfield.

Moulin Yarns
10-05-2019, 09:37 AM
That’s where Stirling Albion play!

I think you mean Anfield.

Now who's living in the past? Stirling Albion haven't played at Annfield since 1993 :wink:

Theinsider
10-05-2019, 10:24 AM
£400 is ridiculous, I wouldn’t pay it regardless of the occasion.

4k per ticket was my best option for the 4 of us yesterday. Anyone that could get them for 400 should grab them.

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Neither would I buy it still doesn’t make it alright.

Arsenal and Chelsea allocated 8000 tickets each in a stadium of near 70000

It is totally ridiculous.

Why would you put a EL final in Azerbaijan? Money.

Once you've done that then you can't gamble on it being English fans who will travel anywhere in big numbers. You have to cover your costs by selling most of the tickets to corporates.

When I was a kid there was a genuine path for Hibs to be the best team in Europe. I mean if Aberdeen and Dundee United could nearly be it, then we surely could as well. That's long gone and mostly it makes me despair but sometimes it almost seems a relief.

**** UEFA.

heretoday
10-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Now who's living in the past? Stirling Albion haven't played at Annfield since 1993 :wink:

Whereas West Bromwich Albion have played at Anfield several times.

Moulin Yarns
10-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Totally off topic but an interesting wee factoid that shows anyone can own a football club. Stirling Albion was formed by a local coal merchant :agree:

Bristolhibby
10-05-2019, 12:46 PM

Unreal.

They should be getting a free ticket just for getting to Baku!

Scandalous. Especially given the remoteness from anywhere, the size of the stadium and it’s the second tier European competition.

The locals must be running their hands.

Used to work with a guy who got tickets in the ballot for the Man U v Chelsea game in Moscow. Paid £100, sold it for a grand to a Chelsea fan.

J

jgl07
10-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with football IMO.

It's UEFA that are the problem.

hibsbollah
10-05-2019, 12:54 PM
A 683% increase on easyJet flights to Madrid. Who makes that decision? It is simple profiteering and should be illegal as well as immoral. But I'm not sure there will be some genius along shortly explaining that that's the beauty of capitalism, you're not forced to buy a ticket, it's freedom of choice blah blah blah.

Diclonius
10-05-2019, 12:55 PM
The year is 2035. The football calendar is preparing for the UEFA Super League playoff final 1 of 3 between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich (one of ten clubs admitted to this division, with no relegation) at the 80,000 capacity Abu Dhabi stadium, with 500 tickets allocated each to supporters of each team "as a gesture of goodwill", with the remaining 79,000 given to UEFA executives, corporate hospitality, UEFA Super League season ticket holders (cost per season: £100,000), the "FIFA family" and oil magnates. Supporters of each team race to book £10,000 a head "pop up tents" in the undeveloped land around the stadium, whilst the remaining attendees are given luxury penthouse suites for the week of the game.

Meanwhile, the entire Scottish football calendar is suspended to allow the biannual tournament to take place. The Scottish Cup Final between Hibernian and Cumbernauld Caledonia United (founded in 2025 as a pet project by an arms dealer, now competing with Celtic at the top of the league with zero effective finance restrictions) is postponed to the middle of the following season as UEFA insist that no domestic games take place at or near to any Super League finals in order to maximise fan viewership. This drastic step has been taken as interest in the competition has dwindled following the decision to expel all clubs which refuse to or do not have the finances to install a permanent 20,000 seater "executive tier" in their stadium for Super League ST holders and/or cut domestic season ticket holders to accommodate this.

Hibs are forced to sell their star striker Jason Griffiths to Forest Green Rovers of the UEFA regional league English Division #8 for £50,000, as a coefficient-based TV deal gives the more powerful leagues 250-fold that of the top division in Scotland. They are then forced to concede the final to Cumbernauld as their "star index" (based on the marketability of players to a worldwide TV audience) falls below the UEFA requirement, despite the match not being shown on TV as the 5th game of the "Coca-Cola #superstar Friendly Series Cup" between Barcelona and Manchester Utd is chosen instead.

Meanwhile, FIFA/UEFA executives laugh themselves to the bank for their latest £4 billion windfall.

hibsbollah
10-05-2019, 12:57 PM
https://www.9sportpro.com/55639/

This might be the end of European competition as we know it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Moulin Yarns
10-05-2019, 12:59 PM
The year is 2035. The football calendar is preparing for the UEFA Super League playoff final 1 of 3 between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich (one of ten clubs admitted to this division, with no relegation) at the 80,000 capacity Abu Dhabi stadium, with 500 tickets allocated each to supporters of each team "as a gesture of goodwill", with the remaining 79,000 given to UEFA executives, corporate hospitality, UEFA Super League season ticket holders (cost per season: £100,000), the "FIFA family" and oil magnates. Supporters of each team race to book £10,000 a head "pop up tents" in the undeveloped land around the stadium, whilst the remaining attendees are given luxury penthouse suites for the week of the game.

Meanwhile, the entire Scottish football calendar is suspended to allow the biannual tournament to take place. The Scottish Cup Final between Hibernian and Cumbernauld Caledonia United (founded in 2025 as a pet project by an arms dealer, now competing with Celtic at the top of the league with zero effective finance restrictions) is postponed to the middle of the following season as UEFA insist that no domestic games take place at or near to any Super League finals in order to maximise fan viewership. This drastic step has been taken as interest in the competition has dwindled following the decision to expel all clubs which refuse to or do not have the finances to install a permanent 20,000 seater "executive tier" in their stadium for Super League ST holders and/or cut domestic season ticket holders to accommodate this.

Hibs are forced to sell their star striker Jason Griffiths to Forest Green Rovers of the UEFA regional league English Division #8 for £50,000, as a coefficient-based TV deal gives the more powerful leagues 250-fold that of the top division in Scotland. They are then forced to concede the final to Cumbernauld as their "star index" (based on the marketability of players to a worldwide TV audience) falls below the UEFA requirement, despite the match not being shown on TV as the 5th game of the "Coca-Cola #superstar Friendly Series Cup" between Barcelona and Manchester Utd is chosen instead.

Meanwhile, FIFA/UEFA executives laugh themselves to the bank for their latest £4 billion windfall.

Some folks are just too optomistic.

Diclonius
10-05-2019, 12:59 PM

This might be the end of European competition as we know it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Haha, that's literally just the beginning of what I posted above. Called it.

hibsbollah
10-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Haha, that's literally just the beginning of what I posted above. Called it.

I liked yours better. And its probably just as accurate.

superfurryhibby
10-05-2019, 01:26 PM

All too predictable really. No doubt international football will cease. In my scenario the Qatar world cup will mark the end of an era for this side of the game. Massive money involved, no real benefit to the clubs who own the players.

In an age of austerity football truly bucks the trend. The bigger sides have become internationally owned franchises really and the owners usually have no emotional connection to the game or the city the team plays out of.

Money talks, people whisper, so keep up your subs to Sky etc, #opium for the people.

G B Young
11-05-2019, 07:27 AM
They should just move both finals to Wembley.

Bishop Hibee
11-05-2019, 10:27 AM
The big clubs are happy to take big money from sponsors and media deals. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Simmyalva
11-05-2019, 11:18 AM
The champions league final is being contested by two teams who have a combined total of 90 years since they won their top league, thus making the competition a complete farce. European football died when the champions league started and since its beginning there has been so many good teams lost who have either struggled financially or because of the size of their domestic league.
Thursday nights Europa league semi finals saw just one English player starting for Arsenal and Chelsea whereas in the 80s and 90s English clubs ruled the competitions with sides full of British based players. The English premiership along with Sky and UEFA have destroyed our beautiful game and it will only get worse. These are two finals I wont be watching so if a Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea fan want to watch their final there will be two couches in my living room empty

Scouse Hibee
11-05-2019, 11:42 AM
The champions league final is being contested by two teams who have a combined total of 90 years since they won their top league, thus making the competition a complete farce. European football died when the champions league started and since its beginning there has been so many good teams lost who have either struggled financially or because of the size of their domestic league.
Thursday nights Europa league semi finals saw just one English player starting for Arsenal and Chelsea whereas in the 80s and 90s English clubs ruled the competitions with sides full of British based players. The English premiership along with Sky and UEFA have destroyed our beautiful game and it will only get worse. These are two finals I wont be watching so if a Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea fan want to watch their final there will be two couches in my living room empty

Yes it’s a farce, the games last week were boring and uneventful and they proved football really is finished as a spectator sport. Your couches will be empty because no one would want to watch it with such a miserable stick in the past moaning faced chap.

Simmyalva
11-05-2019, 12:20 PM
Silent Boatman, thank you for your kind words, however the couches are still available and as I said I wont be there so they can watch the game without listening to me moaning, I might even offer them a few beers

McD
11-05-2019, 12:21 PM
They should just move both finals to Wembley.

Where Spurs have just stopped playing every home match for almost the last 2 seasons? Very neutral venue

Scouse Hibee
11-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Silent Boatman, thank you for your kind words, however the couches are still available and as I said I wont be there so they can watch the game without listening to me moaning, I might even offer them a few beers

Cheers mate, I will bear your kind offer in mind.

Moulin Yarns
11-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Where Spurs have just stopped playing every home match for almost the last 2 seasons? Very neutral venue

I've already suggested the millennium stadium or old Trafford. I know uefa won't move them, they are as much entrench as the sfa when it comes to change for the benefit of the fans

Simmyalva
11-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Any time mate, you should hear the wife, she's worse

McD
11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
I've already suggested the millennium stadium or old Trafford. I know uefa won't move them, they are as much entrench as the sfa when it comes to change for the benefit of the fans

Totally agree about UEFA, they’re very much like the SFA :agree:

both your suggested options would be good, if for no other reason than potentially more real fans getting opportunities to go