PDA

View Full Version : Agents fee’s

Stuart93
08-05-2019, 12:40 PM
We’re 3rd in the country behind the rangers & Celtic for paying out agents fee’s.

Spent £107k from February 18 to end of January this year, just under double what Aberdeen have paid out.

Wonder we’re out so much?

Billy Whizz
08-05-2019, 12:42 PM
We’re 3rd in the country behind the rangers & Celtic for paying out agents fee’s.

Spent £107k from February 18 to end of January this year, just under double what Aberdeen have paid out.

Anything to do with the McGinn deal?

The 90+2
08-05-2019, 12:43 PM

Getting the likes of Rocky and Ambrose on deals perhaps? They have the same agent if that means anything? Kamberi and McLaren too?

HoboHarry
08-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Efe's agent must be a Nigerian Prince......

Stuart93
08-05-2019, 12:58 PM
This is our list here for what players but no individual values

silverhibee
08-05-2019, 01:24 PM

I'm sure I read about Scott Brown & Alan McGregors agent making £1.2m. Not bad if you can get it.

Jones28
08-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Wonder if it's down to squad turnover as well?

Stuart93
08-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Wonder if it's down to squad turnover as well?

I thought that but hearts’ agent fee’s were only around £30-£40k

Bostonhibby
08-05-2019, 02:53 PM
I thought that but hearts’ agent fee’s were only around £30-£40kMaybe cheaper if you get a van load of guys like Vanacek, Cole the goal Stockton and Malaury Martin?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
08-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Any chance one of the Admin can fix the title please?

WellingtonHibby
09-05-2019, 02:56 AM
Lennon used a lot of "his" agents, didn't he? The guy who brought Efe, also brought in Rocky too. I imagine he wasn't cheap

Jones28
09-05-2019, 06:14 AM
I thought that but hearts’ agent fee’s were only around £30-£40k

They didn't need an agent, just a boy with a van and Enugu McDonalds money to get to riccarton 😂

Not In The Know
09-05-2019, 06:54 AM
It shows that getting Kamberi, McLaren, rocky etc cost us a lot of money (for us).

We probably spent more on transfers than any non old firm team. But it still wasn’t enough for Lennon...

The 90+2
09-05-2019, 07:09 AM
It shows that getting Kamberi, McLaren, rocky etc cost us a lot of money (for us).

We probably spent more on transfers than any non old firm team. But it still wasn’t enough for Lennon...

It’s hardly massive money in the grand scheme of things.

Keith_M
09-05-2019, 08:12 AM
It’s hardly massive money in the grand scheme of things.

Compared to most clubs, that's true.

I wonder what it amounts to as a percentage of our overall budget.

The 90+2
09-05-2019, 08:28 AM
Compared to most clubs, that's true.

I wonder what it amounts to as a percentage of our overall budget.

It can’t be that much because our budget is still considerably lower than Aberdeen’s and also lower than Hearts. If paying higher agent fees can get us good players in on decent wages for us there’s not a problem. Saying that I wonder if it’s why we got Milligan in eventually after his agent touted him around the uk?

patlowe
09-05-2019, 08:29 AM
Is it not just a reflection of the fact that we shelled out on a few transfer fees, whereas the majority of non-OF clubs didn't, or not to the same degree?

Peevemor
09-05-2019, 08:39 AM
Will there not be instances where agents are paid directly by the club and others where they're paid by the player?

If so, these tables won't show the whole picture.

where'stheslope
09-05-2019, 08:45 AM
It can’t be that much because our budget is still considerably lower than Aberdeen’s and also lower than Hearts. If paying higher agent fees can get us good players in on decent wages for us there’s not a problem. Saying that I wonder if it’s why we got Milligan in eventually after his agent touted him around the uk?
The big problem is that the money is paid out by the club, and £100K would buy a decent player!
The agents fees are paid by the player so not the clubs problem.
Agents tout their players around the country to clubs and expect paid for bringing them to your attention as well as getting a cut in the players salary, it all just plumps up the players cost and the agents bank balance?????

The 90+2
09-05-2019, 09:04 AM
The big problem is that the money is paid out by the club, and £100K would buy a decent player!
The agents fees are paid by the player so not the clubs problem.
Agents tout their players around the country to clubs and expect paid for bringing them to your attention as well as getting a cut in the players salary, it all just plumps up the players cost and the agents bank balance?????

You could look it another way though, we needed two strikers last winter and through that sports management company we got Kamberi and Jamie Mac, we then negotiated a decent fee for Flo’ on a perm and got Jamie back on loan and if we are paying for their services who is to say the relationship won’t help us get a calibre of player recommended to us that would usually be out with our budget? Same goes for Effe and Rocky who have the same agent. We’ve spent £50k more than Hearts but will make £100k more in league position money as weve finished ahead of them again.

where'stheslope
09-05-2019, 03:05 PM
You could look it another way though, we needed two strikers last winter and through that sports management company we got Kamberi and Jamie Mac, we then negotiated a decent fee for Flo’ on a perm and got Jamie back on loan and if we are paying for their services who is to say the relationship won’t help us get a calibre of player recommended to us that would usually be out with our budget? Same goes for Effe and Rocky who have the same agent. We’ve spent £50k more than Hearts but will make £100k more in league position money as weve finished ahead of them again.
What I was getting at was, before we said players were greedy looking for more money, now its agents who now look for a double pay out?????

cleanyman
09-05-2019, 04:34 PM
The return hasn't been great for that price

PaulSmith
09-05-2019, 05:57 PM

4th and 5th place finishes are a decent return?

The 90+2
09-05-2019, 06:01 PM

In Kamberi we have a player we can hopefully sell on for a lot more than anything spent on agents and we have arguably the best goalie in the country.

neil7908
09-05-2019, 06:59 PM
4th and 5th place finishes are a decent return?

I guess it depends on how much we spent on transfers in that time. If we spent say £400k on fees and £107k on agents then I'd be a bit worried that over 20% of our budget went to glorified middle men who suck money out of football. £107k is a fair amount of money for us and represents a hell of a lot of season tickets.

PaulSmith
09-05-2019, 09:56 PM
I guess it depends on how much we spent on transfers in that time. If we spent say £400k on fees and £107k on agents then I'd be a bit worried that over 20% of our budget went to glorified middle men who suck money out of football. £107k is a fair amount of money for us and represents a hell of a lot of season tickets.

£107k pa on a near £10m turnover to help the club finish high up in the league over two seasons seems worthwhile to me. Maybe different views but I see agents as a cost of doing business in the footballing world these days.