PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Porteous update-Andy Murray and Hibs

superfurryhibby
07-05-2019, 01:14 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48128076

Porteous saying he has started light running and will be working during the close season to attain full fitness. Some nice wee references to Andy Murray. They are in regular contact and Ryan saying he enjoys the advice and attention from a sporting legend.

Ryan will be expected to come of age as a player next season. What a boost it will be for our already strong defence to have this young lad back to fitness. I’m also impressed that Murray is taking the time to inspire our up and coming star to be the best he can be.

Still baffled by why Porteous was allowed to play when carrying such a bad injury. I wonder if that’ll ever be explained. Somehow, I doubt it.

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2019, 04:39 PM
What was his injury? I know he said his knee had “popped out and back in” but was it diagnosed officially (dislocation or ligaments) ? I’ve only ever seen it referred to as a knee injury.

Jack Hackett
07-05-2019, 04:49 PM
What was his injury? I know he said his knee had “popped out and back in” but was it diagnosed officially (dislocation or ligaments) ? I’ve only ever seen it referred to as a knee injury.

The thought of that made me twinge/cringe. I can't even remember how it happened, was it a tackle, training injury :dunno:

Then there's the fear that something that 'pops out and back in again' could end up being something ongoing

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2019, 11:00 PM
The thought of that made me twinge/cringe. I can't even remember how it happened, was it a tackle, training injury :dunno:

Then there's the fear that something that 'pops out and back in again' could end up being something ongoing

It happened a few times in one came and he played in. Then started the next match and he’s not played since. All around the time when Lennon was complaining that none of the players were fit and suggesting they’d not play through a slight knock.

JOD
07-05-2019, 11:13 PM
It happened a few times in one came and he played in. Then started the next match and he’s not played since. All around the time when Lennon was complaining that none of the players were fit and suggesting they’d not play through a slight knock.

Dear oh Dear Neil getting the blame
For something else.
A lot of short memories on here.

matty_f
08-05-2019, 02:47 AM
For something else.

That was what happened though, so even if it's a short memory, it's an accurate one I think.

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2019, 05:57 AM
For something else.

I’m not blaming him. Just pointing out his comments about players pretending to be injured were at around the same time as Porteous played through his “dislocation”.

JimBHibees
08-05-2019, 06:04 AM
That was what happened though, so even if it's a short memory, it's an accurate one I think.

Absolutely and the coach at the time needs to take some of the responsibility. Think it happened three times in the Livi game and he also played one or two games after was missing for a few games only to surprisingly start at Motherwell and last 25 mins. Really hope we haven't risked his career with those decisions.

superfurryhibby
08-05-2019, 06:42 AM
Regardless of how Porteous’s injury was managed, the good news is that he is on the road to recovery and stepping up his training. It’s a positive story and shows Andy Murray in a good light too. The fact that a sporting legend is involved with Hibs and encouraging a young rising star is a welcome change from the recent focus on our club.

Hibee Mac
08-05-2019, 07:15 AM
Can't remember what game it was but we were at home and he went on a bit of a mazy run, overshot the ball Infront and then went to ground to get it whilst overstretched and that's what did it. He was down for a while, got up and played on for a long time going down every 5/10 mins.

Everyone in the stand could see what was going on and that he had to come off asap but management ignored it and who knows, potentially prolonged the extent of his injury

jacomo
08-05-2019, 07:32 AM
For something else.

Are you referring to your own short memory here? Do you not remember what happened?

Up The Bracket
08-05-2019, 07:45 AM
Lennon did the same with Tierney in the Scottish Cup Semi Final.

marinello59
08-05-2019, 08:35 AM
For something else.

Lennon did handle that situation badly though.

Alex Trager
08-05-2019, 01:05 PM
I’m not blaming him. Just pointing out his comments about players pretending to be injured were at around the same time as Porteous played through his “dislocation”.

I’m happy to blame him.

He played ryan at CH at MWell and he then got injured and was out for the rest of the season.

He also had Hanlon at LB when we had two LB’s on the bench.

So aye, I’ll blame Neil Lennon.

Stuart93
08-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Absolutely and the coach at the time needs to take some of the responsibility. Think it happened three times in the Livi game and he also played one or two games after was missing for a few games only to surprisingly start at Motherwell and last 25 mins. Really hope we haven't risked his career with those decisions.

Yep happened v livi at home and he spoke at hopsitality afterwards saying “my knee popped out about 3 times”

We all sat there thinking that’s no right