PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

Diclonius
06-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Released by Dundee United. That's a shame, I thought he was doing well over there.

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2019, 01:02 PM
Released by Dundee United. That's a shame, I thought he was doing well over there.
Shudda signed when he had the chance

Scottish Cup winning legend

:not worth

Shrekko
06-05-2019, 01:13 PM

That’s actually sad to hear. I know people have various opinions but that boy has not had the career he should have and a lot of it’s been bad luck.

Regardless of whether you’d see him as an automatic starter he was a good fit at Hibs and a really valuable player for us.

SteveHFC
06-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Apparently Fyvie is going part time with Cove Rangers according to a Utd fan on pie and bovril.

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Apparently Fyvie is going part time with Cove Rangers according to a Utd fan on pie and bovril.

I bet they will still pay decent money to him.

Sad to hear though I thought he was a cracking player.

NAE NOOKIE
06-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Made a mistake leaving Hibs. But whatever he did he will always be a cup winning legend, his run to take the throw from SDG in the final set up the winner, not to mention winning the corner for the equaliser … he was probably our most effective midfielder that day.

Good luck to him, always welcome back at Easter Road :not worth

Smartie
06-05-2019, 01:33 PM
That’s actually sad to hear. I know people have various opinions but that boy has not had the career he should have and a lot of it’s been bad luck.

Regardless of whether you’d see him as an automatic starter he was a good fit at Hibs and a really valuable player for us.

He battled for a place with McGinn, McGeouch and Henderson and was often picked ahead of them.

I think his injury at Utd must have been a bad one and I'm sure he'll have been on decent money there for the amount of football he's played.

Not really sure where it has gone wrong for Fyvie as I liked him as a player.

Michael
06-05-2019, 01:37 PM
He's only 26! He's been around for ages too. Surely not going part time?

HoboHarry
06-05-2019, 01:39 PM
He's only 26! He's been around for ages too. Surely not going part time?
Why not? If he is really going to sign for Cove this early without even seeing what is going to be available in the window, I think it would be fair to assume that he has a bigger plan in place whether it be within football or not....

Ringothedog
06-05-2019, 02:16 PM
FA cup, Scottish championship and Scottish cup winner.Not a bad player.

Unseen work
06-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Seeing some of the centre mids in the SPL I can’t beleive some clubs aren’t offering him a deal.

Good player on the ball and has a bit of dig about him.

Made some very poor career decisions however.

The_Horde
06-05-2019, 02:31 PM
Seeing some of the centre mids in the SPL I can’t beleive some clubs aren’t offering him a deal.

Good player on the ball and has a bit of dig about him.

Made some very poor career decisions however.

Utd fans saying injuries have ruined him. When you add in the fact that he's always been massively overhyped..

O'Rourke3
06-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Probably one of their higher earners. Hope his injury this season hasn't affected him that badly. Very decent centre mid.

And a cup wining hero :hibees

Stonewall
06-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Cove Rangers are being bankrolled and are paying very good money apparently.

we are hibs
06-05-2019, 03:01 PM

As are Kelty Hearts apparently

Tarrahib
06-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Made a mistake leaving Hibs. But whatever he did he will always be a cup winning legend, his run to take the throw from SDG in the final set up the winner, not to mention winning the corner for the equaliser … he was probably our most effective midfielder that day.

Good luck to him, always welcome back at Easter Road :not worth
Maybe the mistake wasn't made by the player!!

Stokesy's on fire
06-05-2019, 03:08 PM
I absolutely love Fraser Fyvie i thought he was a really good player for us he unfortunately left at the wrong time and suffered a bad injury at Dundee UTD. Hopefully he finds a decent club and gets his career back on track.

Stokesy's on fire
06-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Knowing what we know now...you could have a valid point

Bostonhibby
06-05-2019, 03:14 PM
Good guy, rarely let us down especially in that final. Wish him well

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Roxyhibee
06-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Nothing but fitba love for Fraser Fyvie. An intelligent player who gave us a lot of composure in those years.

And, part of that team who gave me my greatest day as a Hibby. He was excellent that day and the way he celebrated the winning goal, how it affected his dad, his son..

Good luck Fraser.

bigwheel
06-05-2019, 03:48 PM
Would happily have him back in our squad ...

Franck Stanton
06-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Would happily have him back in our squad ...

Me too !

Since452
06-05-2019, 03:54 PM
I remember being raging at him when he played the ball to Stokes for the shot that resulted in our corner for the winning goal. Thought he delayed it too much and played it slightly beind him. Thank god he did.

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2019, 03:55 PM
If the choice was Fraser, Marv or Milligan it would be Fyvie every time. Great player.

Squirrel 1875
06-05-2019, 03:57 PM
If the choice was Fraser, Marv or Milligan it would be Fyvie every time. Great player.

Speechless.

Since452
06-05-2019, 04:00 PM

He can't be that great

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Speechless.

Okay. Stubbs had the choice on the cup final day. Went with Fyvie.

He's younger and more mobile that Milligan so I'd take him over him too.

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2019, 04:02 PM
He can't be that great

Why? Because he got injured and lost his way a bit? For Hibs he was the best of the 3 imo.

My_Wife_Camille
06-05-2019, 04:03 PM
I take it he didn’t win any corner kicks in his 2 years there? Can’t say I’m surprised to be honest. A painfully average player who is making a career out of huffing and puffing around the Scottish second tier.

Still, he played his part on the big day so good luck to him. Won’t be surprised if he heads straight across the road to Dens

Baader
06-05-2019, 04:04 PM
A good player and a cup winning legend who never let Hibs down. Wish him the best of luck.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Had a load of injuries, made a bit of money at Wigan. Probably wanting to move back to the Aberdeen area, and maybe feels he can’t play and train full time!

Pretty Boy
06-05-2019, 04:10 PM
I'd take the Fyvie we had back. I'm not sure that player exists anymore though.

Stonewall
06-05-2019, 04:12 PM

I was speaking to one of the Linlithgow Rose committee yesterday and he confirmed this.

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Why? Because he got injured and lost his way a bit? For Hibs he was the best of the 3 imo.

Without a shadow of a doubt. Milligan’s wage spent on a punt on Fyvie being fit? Yes please.

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 04:14 PM
I was speaking to one of the Linlithgow Rose committee yesterday and he confirmed this.

Is Barry Backpass in charge of them?

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Had a load of injuries, made a bit of money at Wigan. Probably wanting to move back to the Aberdeen area, and maybe feels he can’t play and train full time!

Arbroath are in the Championship next year? It must be a financial reason.

Centre Hawf
06-05-2019, 04:23 PM

I thought Lennon's handling of the Fyvie situation was piss poor and for some reason a Scottish Cup hero is somehow thought of quite poorly by some people.

mentalhibee
06-05-2019, 04:24 PM
I’d also rather have Fyvie than Milligan, thought he was great for us.

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 04:25 PM
I thought Lennon's handling of the Fyvie situation was piss poor and for some reason a Scottish Cup hero is somehow thought of quite poorly by some people.

Correct.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2019, 04:26 PM

Sorry thought he was joining Cove?

Iggy Pope
06-05-2019, 04:26 PM

Arbroath is hardly in the Aberdeen area. It’s got a Dundee postcode you dolt. :wink:

Bishop Hibee
06-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Fyvie was a good player for us. Injuries must have hampered him at the Arabs. Cup winning hero.

Nicho87
06-05-2019, 04:41 PM
I’d take him. Would have him ahead of slivka, Bartley

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2019, 04:42 PM
i liked Fraser Fyvie :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-05-2019, 04:47 PM
If he is being released before the play offs I suppose that means that he was not likely to feature, even in an emergency.

Since452
06-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Is Barry Backpass in charge of them?

Thats Kelty H#@*$s

SChibs
06-05-2019, 04:54 PM
I seem to remember us struggling when he got injured away to Morton. We went on a really and run when he got injured iirc. I really liked him and he must have covered the most ground and played the most passes in the team when he played centre mid for us. Took a lot of stick from the fans at times but always showed for the ball and never hid.

tamig
06-05-2019, 04:58 PM
I seem to remember us struggling when he got injured away to Morton. We went on a really and run when he got injured iirc. I really liked him and he must have covered the most ground and played the most passes in the team when he played centre mid for us. Took a lot of stick from the fans at times but always showed for the ball and never hid.
We struggled big time. That cup winning season he was MOTM ahead of bothMcGinn and McGeough on plenty occasions. I’m not sure why there are a few snipers on here where FF is concerned. He was a quality player in his time with us. I wish him nothing but the best for the future.

CapitalGreen
06-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Got hung out to dry/blamed for the teams poor performance in the first half of the Aberdeen semi-final which some fans seem to still struggle to forgive him for.

Centre Hawf
06-05-2019, 05:22 PM
Got hung out to dry/blamed for the teams poor performance in the first half of the Aberdeen semi-final which some fans seem to still struggle to forgive him for.

For large parts of that promotion season we played McGinn/McGeouch and Bartley as a flat 2 with either McGeouch/Shinnie wide left and we struggled to break teams down and ground out wins. Imo Fyvie and McGinn would have been a far better pairing in that system, although I always preferred having a 3 of McGinn/McGeouch/Fyvie cause all 3 were brilliant footballers.

We eventually played Fyvie in the middle in a few games at the end of the season and I remember away to Ayr he was brilliant beside McGinn and Ayr United couldn't get anywhere near the ball. We wen't on to win 4-0 and it was our most convincing win of the season near enough.

Imo if Fyvie didn't pick up that injury and played the Ross County final we probably would have won it. Our goal came from slack play between Thomson, who filled in for him most of the time, and someone else in the midfield.

Bishop Hibee
06-05-2019, 05:22 PM

The blame for that lay squarely at Lennon’s door for not playing Holt from the start.

we are hibs
06-05-2019, 05:51 PM

We can do better than all mentioned. The drama on here when fyvie left was a nonsense. People making out we would miss him and we didn't. Vastly overrated.

Brooster
06-05-2019, 05:59 PM
Nothing but fitba love for Fraser Fyvie. An intelligent player who gave us a lot of composure in those years.

And, part of that team who gave me my greatest day as a Hibby. He was excellent that day and the way he celebrated the winning goal, how it affected his dad, his son..

Good luck Fraser.

My views too Roxy. Great player for Hibs. I wish him well.

Kato
06-05-2019, 06:02 PM

Agreed. Pity if his injury is a bad yin.

tamig
06-05-2019, 06:03 PM
We can do better than all mentioned. The drama on here when fyvie left was a nonsense. People making out we would miss him and we didn't. Vastly overrated.

We missed him when he was out injured when he was here.

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2019, 06:04 PM

Missed him this season, on form would've walked in. We didn't miss him last year because Dylan stayed fit.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Missed him this season, on form would've walked in. We didn't miss him last year because Dylan stayed fit.

The Fyvie of a few years ago may have helped us this year. The up to date version of Fyvie wouldn’t have.

Unseen work
06-05-2019, 06:14 PM
Sounds like he has struggled since his injury and doesn’t move freely.

I always liked him.

As I said previously, he has the quality to play in the top Scottish league.

we are hibs
06-05-2019, 06:32 PM
We missed him when he was out injured when he was here.

In what way did we miss him? Our results didn't dip. If anything the ball moved through the midfield quicker when he was out and that suited us.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2019, 06:35 PM
In what way did we miss him? Our results didn't dip. If anything the ball moved through the midfield quicker when he was out and that suited us.

We missed him in the league cup final. Midfield was very unbalanced with Thomson on the right of the diamond.

I was never his biggest fan but he’d have improved our chances of winning that game considerably.

ben johnson
06-05-2019, 06:42 PM

Why someone would run down a player who helped rejuvenate our club is very disappointing. He more than played his part and his intelligent delay before passing to Stokes so he had room to go around the defender and get his corner winning shot off was FF all over.

Baader
06-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Why someone would run down a player who helped rejuvenate our club is very disappointing. He more than played his part and his intelligent delay before passing to Stokes so he had room to go around the defender and get his corner winning shot off was FF all over.

Always refreshing to see folk getting stuck into cup winning legends. :rolleyes:

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Sorry thought he was joining Cove?

Yes for a financial reason as Arbroath is in the championship?

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Arbroath is hardly in the Aberdeen area. It’s got a Dundee postcode you dolt. :wink:

It’s up that way and I’ll let you off because dolts a topper of an insult 😁

Malthibby
06-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Thats Kelty H#@*$s

Serves them right. They had a good manager, decided to go with Barry Bigbaws & their form went due south.

East Kilbride scooshed the Lowland League, panning Kelty 3 & 4 nil while they were at it but got completely turned over by Cove
in the play-offs. Kelty will have Bonnyrigg to worry about next year as well.

On Fyvie, damn shame but it appears his injuries have done for him.
GG

J-C
06-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Average player who played sideways football half the time and has injury problems, the fact he's signing for Cove says it all.

ben johnson
06-05-2019, 07:32 PM
Average player who played sideways football half the time and has injury problems, the fact he's signing for Cove says it all.

He can show them his SC winners medal and his FA Cup winners medal as well.

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 07:45 PM

Piss poor comments tbh.

tamig
06-05-2019, 07:49 PM

Poor form that.

J-C
06-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Piss poor comments tbh.

It's called having an opinion get over it, he'll always be a cup hero for that day in May but I was never a fan of him, thought he was decidedly average at best.

tamig
06-05-2019, 07:55 PM

Look again. Our form was terrible after the Morton away game.

allmodcons
06-05-2019, 07:58 PM

He'll be on something close to £400 - £500 a week at Cove. Decent money for a part time player.

I'm told Martin 'Jimmy' Scott is being paid £400 per week at Cove.

SChibs
06-05-2019, 08:10 PM

Did we not go through a bad spell getting beat 3-0 at home to Morton, 3-2 away to Dumbarton and 1-0 away to qos. Possibly even got beat by raith away too

tamig
06-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Did we not go through a bad spell getting beat 3-0 at home to Morton, 3-2 away to Dumbarton and 1-0 away to qos. Possibly even got beat by raith away too

Correct. Although it didn’t affect our form.

Since452
06-05-2019, 08:36 PM

Ah those were the days

greenlex
06-05-2019, 09:00 PM
Signing for cove says it all? :rolleyes:

Centre Hawf
06-05-2019, 09:19 PM

So in the immediate aftermath of his injury we went on to lose enough games to kill our title hope and a cup final? But when he returned to the side we did end up winning a trophy?

Quite clearly an average player.

superfurryhibby
06-05-2019, 09:26 PM
It's called having an opinion get over it, he'll always be a cup hero for that day in May but I was never a fan of him, thought he was decidedly average at best.

That fact that he’s had serious injury issues is what says it all surely?

I liked Fyvie and was disappointed when he left. Sadly for him he’s not been able to contribute much on the pitch at Utd since, because of a cruciate ligament injury, the second of his career.

The Modfather
06-05-2019, 09:34 PM
I always thought, like a lot of players, he got better the longer he has been away. I thought he was decent, but a bit of a jack of all trades master of none IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
06-05-2019, 09:55 PM

IIRC Hibs offered him a deal which he turned down hoping for better offers and then when none came in he went back to Hibs who told him the deal had been withdrawn, in that few weeks perhaps Hibs had decided the money would be better spent elsewhere. We got promoted the following season and then went on to have a decent season in 17/18 so I imagine Hibs don't have too many regrets.

The mistake could have been his agents of course :agree:

Unseen work
06-05-2019, 10:01 PM
IIRC Hibs offered him a deal which he turned down hoping for better offers and then when none came in he went back to Hibs who told him the deal had been withdrawn, in that few weeks perhaps Hibs had decided the money would be better spent elsewhere. We got promoted the following season and then went on to have a decent season in 17/18 so I imagine Hibs don't have too many regrets.

The mistake could have been his agents of course :agree:

He was with us when we got promoted and played an important role.

Tobias Funke
06-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Piss poor comments tbh.

No, he’s bang on.

jacomo
06-05-2019, 10:42 PM
So in the immediate aftermath of his injury we went on to lose enough games to kill our title hope and a cup final? But when he returned to the side we did end up winning a trophy?

I’m convinced we’d have won that league cup if Fyvie had been fit.

Best wishes to him, cup winning hero.

Centre Hawf
06-05-2019, 10:52 PM
I’m convinced we’d have won that league cup if Fyvie had been fit.

Best wishes to him, cup winning hero.

Me too.

For what it's worth I have my doubts on whether time and injuries have been kind enough to him that we can still say he'd be a top 6 Premiership player. But this myth that he was an average player that would never have gotten into our squad and was average with us is mental.

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2019, 10:55 PM

He was a Hibs Scottish cup winner at best, wish we had more average at best like him.

My_Wife_Camille
06-05-2019, 10:59 PM
He was a Hibs Scottish cup winner at best, with we had more average at best like him.
Well yes, if you’re talking about those who were absolutely hopeless or simply below average at best then that’s obvious

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2019, 11:07 PM
Well yes, if you’re talking about those who were absolutely hopeless or simply below average at best then that’s obvious

I feel like you hate gingers.

Hibeesmad
06-05-2019, 11:08 PM
Scottish Cup Legend but I wouldn't say I was highly disappointed when he left. Shame that he looks to be on a downward spiral at a time he should be playing at his peak. The fact he didn't get picked up by another Scottish Premiership team or a team down south at the time of his release was a sign of things to come.

Since452
07-05-2019, 05:42 AM
Did a job for us when fit in the Championship. Even then i found him frustrating.

Robbo6-2
07-05-2019, 05:46 AM
Fyvie was a good player and would still be in and around our team if he stayed. Never hid and always looked for the ball.

By all accounts the main reason he left is his mrs hated Edinburgh and wanted to go back to Aberdeen. So its no surprise if he signs for Cove.

A really bad injury has ruined his career. On paper Dundee utd was a really good move. Feel for him the way it's turned out.

Some of the comments on here are terrible. Fyvie contribution in the cup final was just the same as Liam Henderson Davie gray and the rest of the guys.

we are hibs
07-05-2019, 06:05 AM

Always refreshing to see folk getting stuck into cup winning legends. :rolleyes:

Hardly. It's called having an opinion. I didn't see what all the fuss was before the final and I didn't after it. He played well in the final but his performances for me didn't really live up to the hype some in our support gave them. He's a bit like a younger Milligan in all honesty. Rarely passes forward and took an age on the ball.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2019, 06:44 AM
I've never understood the 'he only pasees the ball sideways' argument or the acceptance of it's validity.

Having the ability to retain and recycle the ball and control possession is one of the most underrated skills in the game. It was a criticism also occasionally levelled at McGeough and it was bizarre then as well. How often this season have we made 7 or 8 passes across the back line desperately looking for a player to show for the ball, turn and make a 5 or 6 yard pass? A link up player if you like. That's what the likes of McGeough and Fyvie provided. Or when you have players like Allan or McGinn who might try something out of the ordinary once in a while. When it breaks down and the ball ends up 45-50 yards from the opponents goal that's where McGeough or Fyvie come in, settle the game, make a simple pass and let us regain our shape.

Similar criticisms where aimed at Barry Ferguson throughout his career. He, despite his allegiances, was a fantastic player and was held in high regard by a lot of top players he played with. Every single player can't be a maverick who launches 60 yard passes or beats 10 men and rounds the keeper. Even Brazil, Barcelona and Real Madrid have and have had their 'water carriers'.

The Leith Dutch
07-05-2019, 06:58 AM
I've never understood the 'he only pasees the ball sideways' argument or the acceptance of it's validity.

Having the ability to retain and recycle the ball and control possession is one of the most underrated skills in the game. It was a criticism also occasionally levelled at McGeough and it was bizarre then as well. How often this season have we made 7 or 8 passes across the back line desperately looking for a player to show for the ball, turn and make a 5 or 6 yard pass? A link up player if you like. That's what the likes of McGeough and Fyvie provided. Or when you have players like Allan or McGinn who might try something out of the ordinary once in a while. When it breaks down and the ball ends up 45-50 yards from the opponents goal that's where McGeough or Fyvie come in, settle the game, make a simple pass and let us regain our shape.

Similar criticisms where aimed at Barry Ferguson throughout his career. He, despite his allegiances, was a fantastic player and was held in high regard by a lot of top players he played with. Every single player can't be a maverick who launches 60 yard passes or beats 10 men and rounds the keeper. Even Brazil, Barcelona and Real Madrid have and have had their 'water carriers'.

Nail on the head.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2019, 07:02 AM

This is exactly right. It's a bizarre thing to say. He was always available for a pass, taking it off the back 4 under pressure and moving it to Mcginn or McGeouch. The fullbacks rarely had to turn back when Fyvie was playing.

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2019, 07:06 AM
F A Cup Winner

Scottish Cup Winner

Must be a good player

Simples!

Smartie
07-05-2019, 07:10 AM

They are the type of player you only truly appreciate when you don't have one. Over the piece Milligan has done well for us but he was poor on Sunday and that was one of the key areas where we lost the game.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but imo you see what you want to see with the likes of Fyvie. I saw a player who took responsibility and continually wanted to take the ball in tight areas. Sometimes he'd lose the ball and he'd get pelters.

He was a good player for us and contributed way more than just the cup final.

Iggy Pope
07-05-2019, 07:12 AM
It’s up that way and I’ll let you off because dolts a topper of an insult 😁

I preferred dullard until your use of the other. I’m converted.

we are hibs
07-05-2019, 07:15 AM

When Fyvie left and Mcgeouch started dropping deeper I thought he performed that role far better than fyvie did. There is nothing wrong with retaining the ball but fyvie and Milligan's chronic lack of urgency and pace at times is frustrating. Taking 4 and 5 touches when really all they need is a couple then move it on. It was worse in the championship when we were up against teams defending their 18 yard box and we weren't moving the ball quick enough to break them down. Fwiw I would take the fyvie of 3 years ago ahead of Milligan any day but I would hope we have our eye on a younger, quicker player to move into that role next season.

Since452
07-05-2019, 07:21 AM
I think some people see things through rose coloured glasses.

Barman Stanton
07-05-2019, 07:35 AM

And why not? Shouldn't everyone in that team be seen as legends?

If people don't rate him then fair enough, but surely better just to keep quiet than slate a Cup Winning Legend? I don't get it personally. May just be sign of the times where everyone has to shout their opinion.

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2019, 07:42 AM

Played 77 won 47 drawn 14 lost 16

Would take dem rose coloured stats all day long over three seasons.

:cb

we are hibs
07-05-2019, 07:46 AM
And why not? Shouldn't everyone in that team be seen as legends?

If people don't rate him then fair enough, but surely better just to keep quiet than slate a Cup Winning Legend? I don't get it personally. May just be sign of the times where everyone has to shout their opinion.

David Gray is the biggest hibs legend of them all in that side and he still gets stick when it's merited. Being a legend doesn't make you immune from critisism.

Barman Stanton
07-05-2019, 07:59 AM
David Gray is the biggest hibs legend of them all in that side and he still gets stick when it's merited. Being a legend doesn't make you immune from critisism.

Sure, someone has a bad game or is not trying etc deserves that for sure. Stokes for example, deserved stick when at us for all the nonsense he caused. But a player that left us a while ago, with a Scottish Cup and Championship medal tucked away? I just don't see the need for sticking the boot into him. Each to their own, but as a support we must be one of the worst for abusing our own.

Since452
07-05-2019, 08:00 AM
Played 77 won 47 drawn 14 lost 16

Would take dem rose coloured stats all day long over three seasons.

:cb

Championship seasons

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2019, 08:06 AM
Championship seasons

A win is a win!

In many ways it is harder when teams are parking the bus even at home

:na na:

MagicSwirlingShip
07-05-2019, 08:07 AM
Liked Fyvie actually. Would have him in our midfield over Milligan

My_Wife_Camille
07-05-2019, 08:13 AM
Liked Fyvie actually. Would have him in our midfield over Milligan
Fair enough but imo it’s a bit like being forced to choose between a dug ***** and a cow *****. Sure, some people will have a preference but, for me, I’d rather do without either because at the end of the day they are both still *****

Stokesy's on fire
07-05-2019, 08:15 AM
He will join Cove Rangers pending the outcome of the play off games v Berwick...deal to be backed by oil and gas firm ATR group in Aberdeen.

Speedway
07-05-2019, 08:43 AM
The player some are wanting back has been released by the arabs and is reportedly a signing target of Cove Rangers.

Whoever Fyvie was, he ain't anymore.

Northernhibee
07-05-2019, 08:59 AM
He will join Cove Rangers pending the outcome of the play off games v Berwick...deal to be backed by oil and gas firm ATR group in Aberdeen.
The Cove Rangers manager John Sheran has a couple of businesses and has great connections for this sort of thing. Cove have or have had the likes of Roy McBain and Mitch Megginson that would normally be out of their reach otherwise. Also gives players a potential career path once they hang up their boots.

superfurryhibby
07-05-2019, 10:35 AM
The player some are wanting back has been released by the arabs and is reportedly a signing target of Cove Rangers.

Whoever Fyvie was, he ain't anymore.

Bizarre.

He is Frazer Fyvie, cup winner in England and Scotland, that will never change.

As has been stated already, he has had two cruciate ligament injuries and this has probably curtailed what should have been a very good career.

Is that hard to understand?

Noone wants him back, you’re havering, as usual.

MagicSwirlingShip
07-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Fair enough but imo it’s a bit like being forced to choose between a dug ***** and a cow *****. Sure, some people will have a preference but, for me, I’d rather do without either because at the end of the day they are both still *****

Scott Robertson - dug****
Matt Thornhill - cow****
Isiah Osbourne - horse***
Owain Tudor Jones - bull****

Fraser Fyvie - decent and not actually that bad

CapitalGreen
07-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Hibs averaged 1.90 points per game in all competitions while Fyvie was at the club.

Hibs averaged 2.01 points per game over that same period when Fraser Fyvie was playing.

MrRobot
07-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Always liked Fyvie - was gutted to see him leave, especially for the reason of not answering the contract offer in time given that other players such as McGeouch were afforded as much time as they wanted.

Kato
07-05-2019, 11:45 AM

It's an internet rule that people will never change their minds, no matter the facts.

Bishop Hibee
07-05-2019, 11:46 AM
Matt Thornhill - cow****

Last 3 on that list give me the fear. Disgraced the green. Fyvie on the other hand rose to the occasion wearing it when it mattered.

The 90+2
07-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Matt Thornhill - cow****

Robertson shouldn’t be on that list but see your point.

Gaffer1875
07-05-2019, 11:52 AM
I would take him back as a squad player no question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2019, 11:52 AM
Was surprised to read in the DR “Dundee United captain Fraser Fyvie 26 has been released by the club before the play offs.”

Still quite young should be at the height of his powers but obviously no chance of getting a game for an average Dundee United team in very important games for the club

MagicSwirlingShip
07-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Robertson shouldn’t be on that list but see your point.

Really? He made Gary Deegan look like a player

Centre Hawf
07-05-2019, 12:37 PM

Thought in our first season of the Championship he looked really good. More like the player we expected to get when he came in from Blackpool. Not sure I'd lump him in with being as good as Fyvie but I wouldn't compare him to Tudor Jones and Thornhill.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2019, 12:40 PM

Definitely not, you might be getting confused with someone else. Robertson was a much better player for Hibs than Deegan

The 90+2
07-05-2019, 12:43 PM

I thought he always put in a decent shift injury ravaged though.

MagicSwirlingShip
07-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Thought in our first season of the Championship he looked really good. More like the player we expected to get when he came in from Blackpool. Not sure I'd lump him in with being as good as Fyvie but I wouldn't compare him to Tudor Jones and Thornhill.

I’ll concede he doesn’t belong to be mentioned with those two imposters. He’s a long way off being a good player for Hibs though. A mainstay in the midfield that got us relegated. Humpty

He was like Fyvie. Without the energy. or Engine. or Ability.

Saint Hibee
07-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Definitely not, you might be getting confused with someone else. Robertson was a much better player for Hibs than Deegan

I actually thought both Robertson and Deegan did okay for us. Neither reached the lows of Tudor-Jones.

Centre Hawf
07-05-2019, 01:19 PM
I’ll concede he doesn’t belong to be mentioned with those two imposters. He’s a long way off being a good player for Hibs though. A mainstay in the midfield that got us relegated. Humpty

He was like Fyvie. Without the energy. or Engine. or Ability.

It's hard to look at anyone from that Relegation midfield with any sort of admiration. I remember watching us play for a few weeks with Liam Craig left, Robertson Right and Thomson and Taiwo centre mid. No surprise that James Collins couldn't bag a goal tbh.

southsider
07-05-2019, 01:22 PM
I actually thought both Robertson and Deegan did okay for us. Neither reached the lows of Tudor-Jones.

Robo was decent, FF more that decent. As for the rest on the list just pure Butcher.

Northernhibee
07-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Weird how some on here have turned against cup final heroes. Fyvie, Cummings, Stubbs have all gotten pelters.

MagicSwirlingShip
07-05-2019, 02:00 PM
It's hard to look at anyone from that Relegation midfield with any sort of admiration. I remember watching us play for a few weeks with Liam Craig left, Robertson Right and Thomson and Taiwo centre mid. No surprise that James Collins couldn't bag a goal tbh.

Not a forward pass in the 4 of them 😂

Centre Hawf
07-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Not a forward pass in the 4 of them 😂

I remember going up to Inverness fairly early on into the season with that 4 in midfield and Collins and Heffernan up top. I think we were unbeaten in about 6 games going into it and I thought "Outside of Celtic our team could arguably be the strongest on paper"

Oh how I was proved wrong as they scudded us 3-0 to go top of the table and we started to slide.

greenlex
07-05-2019, 06:58 PM
F A Cup Winner

Scottish Cup Winner

Must be a good player

Simples!

No no no . He’s signing for Cove Rangers. That’s says it all man.

allezsauzee
07-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Unless injuries have taken their toll on Fraser, he's a significant upgrade on Bartley in terms of having him in the squad as back up to Milligan for playing the holding role in midfield.

The_Horde
07-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Unless injuries have taken their toll on Fraser, he's a significant upgrade on Bartley in terms of having him in the squad as back up to Milligan for playing the holding role in midfield.

Incorrect.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2019, 07:48 PM

Hes not a significant upgrade, Marv is different, he's a big destroyer. There are games for both. Fyvie definitely a better all around player, years younger etc.

allezsauzee
07-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Incorrect.

sorry my mistake Sir Alex

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2019, 07:55 PM
No no no . He’s signing for Cove Rangers. That’s says it all man.

No you are wrong Fraser Fyvie is immortal:

Logan Gray MacGregor Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson FYVIE McGeoch McGinn Stokes and Cummings

Subs:Oxley Henderson Bartley Boyle Keatings Gunnarsson and Dagnall

All Hibernian heroes

He will be remembered long after you and I are gone :greengrin

The 90+2
07-05-2019, 07:58 PM
No you are wrong Fraser Fyvie is immortal:

Logan Gray MacGregor Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson FYVIE McGeoch McGinn Stokes and Cummings

Subs:Oxley Henderson Bartley Boyle Keatings Gunnarsson and Dagnall

All Hibernian heroes

He will be remembered long after you and I are gone :greengrin

Don’t forget Oxleys optician 👍

The Baldmans Comb
08-05-2019, 05:04 AM
Football is a brutal short term career.

If you can't get a game for Dundee Utd in the Scottish Championship and your next port of call looks like part time football with Cove Rangers then you are hardly going to make some miraculous jump back to a team 5th in the SPL.

FF would have made reasonable money from football but he has 50 years of his life ahead of him to fulfill and finance less beer money in Edinburgh for any of the cup final heroes.

Since452
08-05-2019, 05:31 AM

I don't fancy having a player released from Dundee United in the squad.

Gloucester Hibs
08-05-2019, 05:56 AM
I don't fancy having a player released from Dundee United in the squad.

How dare you speak that way of a cup winning legend?!

FWIW I agree - he’s not been released from Dundee United for a laugh

Allant1981
08-05-2019, 06:28 AM
Fyvie when at hibs was a good player, fyvie since he left has been injured a fair bit and it seems to be taking its toll on him now, I'd like to think we had better players lined up. Will always be remembered for his part in the final and quite right but time to move on

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2019, 06:41 AM
Fyvie when at hibs was a good player, fyvie since he left has been injured a fair bit and it seems to be taking its toll on him now, I'd like to think we had better players lined up. Will always be remembered for his part in the final and quite right but time to move on
:aok:

This!

tamig
08-05-2019, 09:30 PM

You sure you’ve got the right player?

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2019, 09:34 PM

Deegan left HIBS in 2013

The legend that is Fraser Fyvie joined 2015

tamig
08-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Deegan left HIBS in 2013

The legend that is Fraser Fyvie joined 2015

I was asking if he recognised Scott Robertson. Lumping him in with that list of shame was inaccurate. I know who Gary Deegan was and he couldn’t lace Scott Robertson’s boots.

majorhibs
08-05-2019, 09:52 PM
Fyvie strongly reminded me of Brian Hamilton. 100% effort, but the simple things? Gies peace. In short looked like someone introduced tae football at 15 or so. Sorry, but imo, they both were triers but water carriers. Or, when I’m mair realistic, imo again obv, they both were well below the standard of the players around them, & we would have had so much better teams with better performers in their positions in those teams at the time.

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Fyvie strongly reminded me of Brian Hamilton. 100% effort, but the simple things? Gies peace. In short looked like someone introduced tae football at 15 or so. Sorry, but imo, they both were triers but water carriers. Or, when I’m mair realistic, imo again obv, they both were well below the standard of the players around them, & we would have had so much better teams with better performers in their positions in those teams at the time.

Funny how those same players that played with Fyvie and Hamilton raved about the individual unheralded roles they played in the team

Brian Hamilton Scottish League Cup Winner 1992

I would refer you to the Fraser Fyvie and John McGinn thread from April 2016

” Yet again Fraser Fyvie was fantastic and completely bossed the midfield.I would love to see his stats on how many times he touches the ball

Not only that he dictates where it goes by constantly shouting and pointing at people where to play it

Fantastic all round performance from him”

”Fyvie was man of the match by a mile tonight”

”Fyvie is our best midfielder right now”

”Fyvie is a cracking player played very well this evening”

”Fyvie was indeed brilliant “

Does not sound as though they are talking about the same player you described

Opinions eh?

CapitalGreen
08-05-2019, 10:26 PM

While Fyvie was at Hibs, the team won more points when he featured compared to when he didn’t.

BILLYHIBS
08-05-2019, 10:30 PM
While Fyvie was at Hibs, the team won more points when he featured compared to when he didn’t.

Correct played 77 won 47 drew 14 lost 16 over three seasons

Neil Lennon drew 16 in his Championship winning season

majorhibs
08-05-2019, 11:08 PM
Funny how those same players that played with Fyvie and Hamilton raved about the individual unheralded roles they played in the team

” Yet again Fraser Fyvie was fantastic and completely bossed the midfield.I would love to see his stats on how many times he touches the ball

Not only that he dictates where it goes by constantly shouting and pointing at people where to play it

”Fyvie is our best midfielder right now”

”Fyvie is a cracking player played very well this evening”

Opinions eh?

Brian Kerr was raved about too! By some. Unseen work & aw that! Guess “fitba people ken” etc, & Chris Hogg never made a howler a game to concede or V nearly concede every game cos he strolled the other 87. While rarely vocal, when I see players constantly mince, sorry imo that’s them. If I think the team would be better without, sorry, imo I reckon better with higher calibre. Hamilton & Fyvie 2 imo we would have been a much better team with better alongside for instance Pat Mcginlay & John McGinn.

Malthibby
08-05-2019, 11:12 PM

”Fyvie is our best midfielder right now

Fyvie is a cracking player played very well this evening”

Opinions eh?

Damn shame about the injuries, that's how I remember him. Went down the wrong trouser leg of time.

MagicSwirlingShip
09-05-2019, 01:50 AM

I’ll concede Robertson was a better player for Hibs than Deegan.

Robertson however was still a poor midfielder.

Fyvie was a good player for us, a much better player than Robertson.

My_Wife_Camille
09-05-2019, 02:51 AM
Fraser Fyvie’s only telling contribution in 10 years of professional football is winning a corner kick, playing a routine square pass and keeping the Wigan bench warm as they wok the FA Cup.

Without him we would not have won the cup in the circumstances we did so we should be grateful for his contribution (imo) but let’s not get carried away and pretend that he was anything more than a ginger Tom Taiwo.

BILLYHIBS
09-05-2019, 04:33 AM
Brian Kerr was raved about too! By some. Unseen work & aw that! Guess “fitba people ken” etc, & Chris Hogg never made a howler a game to concede or V nearly concede every game cos he strolled the other 87. While rarely vocal, when I see players constantly mince, sorry imo that’s them. If I think the team would be better without, sorry, imo I reckon better with higher calibre. Hamilton & Fyvie 2 imo we would have been a much better team with better alongside for instance Pat Mcginlay & John McGinn.

Yip!

That is why it is called a fitba team all constituent parts of a whole each player bringing their own individual qualities to the table

That is part of the fun of supporting HIBS not every player is a Messi or an Iniesta we are not Barcelona or Real Madrid we only play players we can afford or have brought through ourselves

Hail! Hail!

You know how the song goes ! :greengrin

“ Barcelona Real Madrid Sporting Lisbon made a bid”

Did you know that we once scored four goals at the Nou Camp?

Yes there has been some dross over the years but Fraser Fyvie ain’t one of them

I remember we had the much maligned Benny Brazil but different Managers kept selecting him because of the work rate and commitment he brought to the cause and he never let the team down

We recently had a thread on here where some posters were having a pop at that HIBS hero Joe Tortolano another player who while not everyone’s cup of tea always tried his best and that is all you can ask

As I said it is all about opinions and you of course are entitled to yours but not everyone has to agree with them

GGTTH

Since452
09-05-2019, 05:34 AM
Is Fyvie a cup winning legend? Yes
Is Fyvie good enough for Hibs now? No

BILLYHIBS
09-05-2019, 06:40 AM
Is Fyvie a cup winning legend? Yes
Is Fyvie good enough for Hibs now? No

It was good at the time though!

:cup: :scarf:

Kato
09-05-2019, 10:03 AM
Fraser Fyvie’s only telling contribution in 10 years of professional football is winning a corner kick, playing a routine square pass and keeping the Wigan bench warm as they wok the FA Cup.

Without him we would not have won the cup in the circumstances we did so we should be grateful for his contribution (imo) but let’s not get carried away and pretend that he was anything more than a ginger Tom Taiwo.

You can overbait your hook you know.

superfurryhibby
09-05-2019, 10:49 AM

Agreed, pointless, preposterous and pathetic really.

My_Wife_Camille
09-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Giving a player credit for his contribution despite not rating him is baiting now?

This place always comes up with new ways to surprise me.

Some people didn’t rate him when he was here and still don’t rate him now he’s gone. Deal with it and stop accusing others of trolling just because their opinion differs from yours

Kato
09-05-2019, 10:57 AM
This place always comes up with new ways to surprise me.

Get out more.

My_Wife_Camille
09-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Get out more.
To be fair, this lame response is the complete opposite of surprising and is exactly what I expect of .net these days.

Now if you’re quite finished trolling other members of the forum, can we get the thread back on track?

makaveli1875
09-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Almost missed the annual Fyvie debate
To some on here he was a world beater , to others he was utter gash . Truth is he was somewhere in between , average .

The_Horde
09-05-2019, 12:03 PM
To some on here he was a world beater , to others he was utter gash . Truth is he was somewhere in between , average .

This.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2019, 12:12 PM

It must really upset you how highly many on here regard him when you obviously dislike him so much. Cracking player and a Hibs legend.

Smartie
09-05-2019, 12:12 PM

He was well above average.

Not a word beater, not the best midfielder we've ever had, not pish, not average.

Pretty decent, making him better than most midfielders I've seen playing for Hibs without threatening being in a best XI.

My_Wife_Camille
09-05-2019, 01:57 PM
It must really upset you how highly many on here regard him when you obviously dislike him so much. Cracking player and a Hibs legend.
Not in the slightest.

Unlike some people on here I have full respect for the differing views and opinions that we all have without resorting to the snidest remarks, digs and trolling.

Average player and a Hibs legend

scotiaf
09-05-2019, 02:37 PM
I think he had a very good footballers brain, I liked him as a player. Lacked a little pace, could tackle if required. I suppose we were lucky to have a very strong midfield at the time for him to be on the bench. If he was still at the same level, you would take him back. As it looks he’s maybe considering a good wage part time and studying for later in life. So I assume he has been told he can’t play top level and train and play, not quiet Ledley king but needs to rest his legs to perform at a decent level. I know I struggle playing a game and training in 1 week, however I’m 37

Hibeesmad
09-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Not in the slightest.

Unlike some people on here I have full respect for the differing views and opinions that we all have without resorting to the snidest remarks, digs and trolling.

:agree:

cleanyman
09-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Fyvie was okay

Nothing more nothing less

Kato
09-05-2019, 02:59 PM
Not in the slightest.

As snide an assessment as can be cooked up. Damning someone with feint praise.

There's guys I go to games with who didn't rate Fyvie and I completely respect where they are coming from. The reason being they're the ones who occasionally need the laws explained to them or imagine a player with limited pace can train to be faster or someone with limited passing ability should be expected to make slide-rule passes just because someone has run into space. I respect their opinion on the basis of their limited understanding of the game.

Tarrahib
09-05-2019, 03:13 PM
No he was better than that.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Not in the slightest.

Indeed, you're the beacon of light, the hero this forum needs. You would never troll.

BILLYHIBS
09-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Indeed, you're the beacon of light, the hero this forum needs. You would never troll.

:faf:

My_Wife_Camille
09-05-2019, 03:54 PM
‘Hero’ is a bit strong but I’m glad we’re in agreement otherwise

we are hibs
09-05-2019, 04:10 PM

As snide an assessment as can be cooked up. Damning someone with feint praise.

There's guys I go to games with who didn't rate Fyvie and I completely respect where they are coming from. The reason being they're the ones who occasionally need the laws explained to them or imagine a player with limited pace can train to be faster or someone with limited passing ability should be expected to make slide-rule passes just because someone has run into space. I respect their opinion on the basis of their limited understanding of the game.

What a condescending pile of utter *****. I suppose all your "pals" are in awe at your wonderful football knowledge.

J-C
09-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Fyvie was another young Scottish lad who went south too soon for money, got some injuries and didn't get played, which then hindered his development, thanks for the cup memories but an average to decent player who did us a turn when he was here.

Frazerbob
09-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Fyvie was another young Scottish lad who went south too soon for money, got some injuries and didn't get played, which then hindered his development, thanks for the cup memories but an average to decent player who did us a turn when he was here.

He won the FA Cup, not many Scots can say that recently. We slate players for taking the easy route along the M8, now we’re slating them for trying to build a career down south.

JimBHibees
09-05-2019, 04:33 PM
He won the FA Cup, not many Scots can say that recently. We slate players for taking the easy route along the M8, now we’re slating them for trying to build a career down south.

Agree that sort of move has worked out brilliantly for Ryan Fraser for example.

Kato
09-05-2019, 05:46 PM
What a condescending pile of utter *****. I suppose all your "pals" are in awe at your wonderful football knowledge.

You'd need to ask them.

Michael
09-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Fyvie was better than McGeough for most of his spell with us. When we were in the championship McGinn and Fyvie could dominate teams together, but when we lost either one of them we were much more ineffective.

Obviously McGeough continued to develop and improve, but I think people forget how good Fyvie was.

BILLYHIBS
09-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Fyvie was better than McGeough for most of his spell with us. When we were in the championship McGinn and Fyvie could dominate teams together, but when we lost either one of them we were much more ineffective.

Obviously McGeough continued to develop and improve, but I think people forget how good Fyvie was.

:agree:

Since452
09-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Thats a bit like saying Chris Dagnall won the Scottish Cup

Diclonius
09-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Thought I could start a thread about one of our cup winners without reviving this apparently deep seated belief amongst some of our support that he's pish and the resulting flame war. Thread closed.