PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

AllyF
05-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Should have battered that into the back of the net today.

Barely stroked it.

Is he a starter next season, or can we do better?

matty_f
05-05-2019, 10:58 PM
He's not shown the quality he did last season, that's for sure.

Scott Allan might prove to be the spark that lights his fire though.

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2019, 11:07 PM
Shudda put the laces through that chance great save but at the level we are at you gotta be taking those Riordan and the real Sparky scoring that one a bit like penalties at home versus the Hearts

Two new strikers required

BegbieHSC
05-05-2019, 11:17 PM
Disagree with the stick he’s getting today.

Sure, he’s been off the boil and probably should have scored, but when he came on, we looked much more dangerous attacking wise. Our strikers aren’t lone strikers unfortunately, so we need both of them starting...preferably in form.

Theres a great player there. Needs confidence, and a good pre-season, and I’m sure with the likes of Allan feeding balls to his feet, we’ll see him back to his best.

Smartie
05-05-2019, 11:29 PM
I didn't think he could do any more with the chance. It was a difficult ball to do a lot with other than steer it on target, which he did. It was an outstanding save.

I actually thought he did well today and we picked up a fair bit when he went on.

The overhit ball across the box for McNulty though was horrible. He had only just come on at that point and didn't seem aware enough of what was going on around him.

Just Jimmy
06-05-2019, 04:20 AM
as poor as he's been at times he's still our going top scorer on 13 goals.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jones28
06-05-2019, 06:03 AM
It was a difficult chance, all he can do there is guide it on target. We're just unlucky that it was a great save.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2019, 06:47 AM
I didn't think he could do any more with the chance. It was a difficult ball to do a lot with other than steer it on target, which he did. It was an outstanding save.

I actually thought he did well today and we picked up a fair bit when he went on.

The overhit ball across the box for McNulty though was horrible. He had only just come on at that point and didn't seem aware enough of what was going on around him.

:agree: not sure what more some expected him to do with a ball dropping like that.

The 90+2
06-05-2019, 06:52 AM
Was a great save and Flo and Flo’ got good contact on it.

green with envy
06-05-2019, 06:55 AM
A ball that took a deflection high into the air, decent connection on target and a very good save from the "beast" and yet folk are assuming it was some kind of sitter.

I've not been a fan of his lately due to his attitude but i'm not having that this was an easy chance.

we are hibs
06-05-2019, 07:21 AM
He should be finishing a chance like that from 6 yards I'm sorry but there isn't any excuses for that. He must be in situations like that almost every day in training. Apart from that and putting too much on the ball for mcnulty I thought he played better when he came on than he had done for a few weeks. Would give him the benefit of having a pre season and seeing how he does at the start of next season before considering any notion of moving him on.

Allant1981
06-05-2019, 07:21 AM
He was actually ok when he came on yesterday except from the cross. The miss was a hard chance to take and if he had fluffed it he might actually have scored, tried to control the shot which wasnt easy. Was a cracking save

stoneyburn hibs
06-05-2019, 07:25 AM
He was actually ok when he came on yesterday except from the cross. The miss was a hard chance to take and if he had fluffed it he might actually have scored, tried to control the shot which wasnt easy. Was a cracking save

I agree with this assessment of Flo yesterday.
Despite not having as good a season as last, he's still joint top scorer this season and his overall goals to games ratio is still a decent return.

Gloucester Hibs
06-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Yep not as easy a chance as some are making out, a bouncing ball at pace. He did what you’d want him to do, direct it on target and into the ground.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2019, 07:41 AM
Yep not as easy a chance as some are making out, a bouncing ball at pace. He did what you’d want him to do, direct it on target and into the ground.

He didn’t do what I wanted him to do. He should have burst the net.

8 yards out, right in front of goal. He should have scored.

we are hibs
06-05-2019, 07:44 AM

It was a looping ball that deflected upwards. It didn't touch the ground before he made contact.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Do you remember Andy Watson when he played for us? I seemed to recall hearing many a “screwed the ball over from 6 yards out” moments:) (before I started regularly attending to see it in the flesh!)

Gloucester Hibs
06-05-2019, 08:04 AM

If he tried to burst the net he’d have missed the target completely IMO

Gloucester Hibs
06-05-2019, 08:05 AM
It was a looping ball that deflected upwards. It didn't touch the ground before he made contact.

Ok, thought it took a bounce. Still not an easy chance

MacGruber
06-05-2019, 08:06 AM
Would keep Kamberi, player in there definitely. Allan will bring him on too.

We were better when him and Agyepong came on.
Actually more impressed with Agyepong's contribution yesterday

matty_f
06-05-2019, 08:07 AM
It was a good chance but not an easy chance, and the goalkeeper did well to get across and make himself big.

I thought Flo did what he could with it, he got it on target and made a decent contact with the ball. It was a good save rather than a bad miss.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2019, 08:10 AM
Would keep Kamberi, player in there definitely. Allan will bring him on too.

We were better when him and Agyepong came on.
Actually more impressed with Agyepong's contribution yesterday

There is a player in there but he needs to want it. He’s had excuses made for him all season. He needs to hit the ground running next season. We can’t be sitting at Christmas saying ‘there is a player in there’ again.

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Just watched it back on Sportscene yes the ball takes a deflection but it sits up perfectly for Kamberi

”MacGregor makes a great save but I still think Kamberi should be doing better there.” Michael Stewart

Agree with this!

The_Horde
06-05-2019, 08:19 AM
It was a good chance but not an easy chance, and the goalkeeper did well to get across and make himself big.

I thought Flo did what he could with it, he got it on target and made a decent contact with the ball. It was a good save rather than a bad miss.

I agree with this but at the same time he doesn't miss that last season and it sums up the lack of quality we've suffered from in the final third all season.

Jones28
06-05-2019, 08:21 AM
Just watched it back on Sportscene yes the ball takes a deflection but it sits up perfectly for Kamberi

”MacGregor makes a great save but I still think Kamberi should be doing better there.” Michael Stewart

Agree with this!

And yet if he puts his foot through it and skies it then he's missed a sitter and gets even more criticism?

He did he best he could with the chance, it's just unfortunate that McGregor made the save.

If he scores it's because it was an easy chance that anyone should score.

bigwheel
06-05-2019, 08:29 AM
And yet if he puts his foot through it and skies it then he's missed a sitter and gets even more criticism?

He did he best he could with the chance, it's just unfortunate that McGregor made the save.

Not a Kamberi fan but I agree with this ..a spinning ball, coming down to him - the best he can do is focus on a good connection and getting it on target. Thought McGregor did well to keep it out . Kamberi was unlucky

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2019, 08:29 AM

He doesn’t miss that last season Riordan and Griffith’s are burying that

He is playing like a player low on confidence

We need to bring in a natural finisher maybe two within our budget :confused:

Billy Whizz
06-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Kamberi played well when he came on yesterday
The chance he had, wasn’t an easy one, ball was up high, and he hit the target, was a fantastic save

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Kamberi played well when he came on yesterday
The chance he had, wasn’t an easy one, ball was up high, and he hit the target, was a fantastic save

The miss apart breaks down the right wing hammers the ball aimlessly across the six yard box into no mans land and out for a throw in to Der Hun when a cutback to McNulty is on :confused:

Stuart93
06-05-2019, 08:56 AM
I thought he should’ve finished it, thought it was easier than the chance he finished vs them at ER.

An in form Flo would’ve had that in the net

Billy Whizz
06-05-2019, 09:04 AM
The miss apart breaks down the right wing hammers the ball aimlessly across the six yard box into no mans land and out for a throw in to Der Hun when a cutback to McNulty is on :confused:

Obviously you weren’t at the game Billy, I was close to this, yes he over hit, but McNulty showed to go forward

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Obviously you weren’t at the game Billy, I was close to this, yes he over hit, but McNulty showed to go forward

I always respect your posts Billy but from my front seat view in the Boozer Flo did not look up McNulty was looking for the cutback as he had moved into space away from his marker you could tell by the look of frustration on his face

The Spaceman
06-05-2019, 09:12 AM
Having been at the game, at the time I thought he had missed a sitter combined with a great save. However, having watched the highlights, I don't think there was much more Flo could have done - if he had tried anything else it would have been an exceptional/high risk finish. I thought he did well when he came on yesterday, definitely more effective than McNulty.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2019, 09:14 AM
I always respect your posts Billy but from my front seat view in the Boozer Flo did not look up McNulty was looking for the cutback as he had moved into space away from his marker you could tell by the look of frustration on his face

And I respect you’re posts too Billy😄

green with envy
06-05-2019, 09:15 AM

I was level with that pass across the goal and if McNulty had burst a gut to get into that position he would have had a tap in.

Unseen work
06-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Kamberi had no choice but to fizz that cross across the face of goal.

If he has taken a bit off it the defender/McGregor would have cleared it.

He seemed a bit like Kamberi of old yesterday.

Want him to get the direct running, turning defenders and skilful player back that we had first time.

He divides opinion but I like the guy, feel sorry for him after the way Lennon treated him. No much wonder he started playing poorly with the negativity aimed at him

hibeejeebies
06-05-2019, 10:16 AM
Should have battered that into the back of the net today.

Barely stroked it.

Is he a starter next season, or can we do better?

He got enough purchase on it for McGregor to suffer intense ankle spasms later in the game.

Jack Hackett
06-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Flo had a great season last season. He also had a bunch of players around him who had a great season. They clicked, and gave us some of the best football we've seen in years.

If you want an analogy, it's a bit like having a car with a great engine. Strip that engine down and replace most of it with different parts, and it isn't the same engine. You get a bit pissed off with it for not being the same. So you blame the parts you left in, get a hammer and batter them. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to have solved the problem. Never mind, you can always throw away those older parts, put some more new bits in and hope for the best. Alternatively, you can get a couple of the original parts back and see if there's an overall improvement.

I'd wait and see what happens next season before I'd want to throw away a clearly talented footballer... at least by SPL standards

Jones28
06-05-2019, 11:09 AM
I was level with that pass across the goal and if McNulty had burst a gut to get into that position he would have had a tap in.

Yepp, my take on it too

rcarter1
06-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Flo had a great season last season. He also had a bunch of players around him who had a great season. They clicked, and gave us some of the best football we've seen in years.

If you want an analogy, it's a bit like having a car with a great engine. Strip that engine down and replace most of it with different parts, and it isn't the same engine. You get a bit pissed off with it for not being the same. So you blame the parts you left in, get a hammer and batter them. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to have solved the problem. Never mind, you can always throw away those older parts, put some more new bits in and hope for the best. Alternatively, you can get a couple of the original parts back and see if there's an overall improvement.

I'd wait and see what happens next season before I'd want to throw away a clearly talented footballer... at least by SPL standards

I love the analogy, a beautiful illustration of the illogical nature of the blame game.

:not worth:top marks

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2019, 11:11 AM
The Flo bashing continues on here...not sure what else he could have done with that it was a difficult ball to take he got in on target and was denied by a great save. He was far better when he came on than McNulty all game...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2019, 11:13 AM
The miss apart breaks down the right wing hammers the ball aimlessly across the six yard box into no mans land and out for a throw in to Der Hun when a cutback to McNulty is on :confused:McNulty might have helped if he hadn't been towing a caravan trying to keep up with play...wasnt all Flos fault

lyonhibs
06-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Yepp, my take on it too

Yup, mine too.

Pilrig_Sauzee
06-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Flo is a talented player who needs to improve. If Heck is as good a manager as we hope he is, he'll get that improvement out of Flo.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2019, 11:51 AM
The Flo bashing continues on here...not sure what else he could have done with that it was a difficult ball to take he got in on target and was denied by a great save. He was far better when he came on than McNulty all game...

As I said above, thought he did well when he cameo

Jack Hackett
06-05-2019, 11:53 AM
I love the analogy, a beautiful illustration of the illogical nature of the blame game.

:not worth:top marks

Thank you. Your appreciation is appreciated :aok:

Tyler Durden
06-05-2019, 12:13 PM
Flo is a talented player who needs to improve. If Heck is as good a manager as we hope he is, he'll get that improvement out of Flo.

This is the bottom line. We know that Flo is capable of being one of the best forwards in the league as he’s shown that last season and in flashes this year.

I think Heckingbottom has taken a softly softly approach so far with Flo and a few others. Which was necessary after Lennon and it’s difficult to argue with the results. But Hecky and Stockdale will surely be thinking the same as many of us - that they need to do a helluva lot of work with Kamberi and if he responds well, he can have a great future in the game.

Shrekko
06-05-2019, 12:13 PM
Big season for the boy coming up.

We can argue all day about mitigating factors, car engines etc etc but simply put he needs to be a lot better. He has ability but just needs to play a lot better a lot more often.

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2019, 12:20 PM
Big season for the boy coming up.

We can argue all day about mitigating factors, car engines etc etc but simply put he needs to be a lot better. He has ability but just needs to play a lot better a lot more often.

:aok:

Agree with this Shrekko

Some times you just have to trade your car in for a new model

In Hecky we trust!

Smartie
06-05-2019, 12:21 PM
As I said above, thought he did well when he cameo

Word up bro!

Smartie
06-05-2019, 12:23 PM
:aok:

Agree with this Shrekko

Some times you just have to trade your car in for a new model

In Hecky we trust!

Ever traded your car in for a new model and regretted it, because for all of the faults of your old car it just did the job better?

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Ever traded your car in for a new model and regretted it, because for all of the faults of your old car it just did the job better?

My old car could perform a three point turn quicker and run faster than Kamberi all whilst pulling a caravan :greengrin

I presume a brand new car would perform even better it would probably control a ball better hold and link up play better finish better and turn quicker than Kamberi and pick up less stupid tickets than Kamberi :greengrin

Jack Hackett
06-05-2019, 12:47 PM
I've been carjacked :bandit::gun:

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2019, 12:52 PM
I've been carjacked :bandit::gun:

:faf: