PDA

View Full Version : Hearts pitch

Winston Ingram
05-05-2019, 06:49 PM
I can’t help but think their £1m investment has helped kill their season. This one is like a bowling green. Teams can go there and play on the floor when previously it was incredibly difficult.

The old pitch was knackered, bobbly and not conducive to good football at all.

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 06:53 PM
I can’t help but think their £1m investment has helped kill their season. This one is like a bowling green. Teams can go there and play on the floor when previously it was incredibly difficult.

Haha. Good point. Wonder if they are going to pay more money for people to dig holes in it and let the grass grow uneven again ....get them back winning

Jack Hackett
05-05-2019, 07:03 PM

A Brighton supporter watching their game on box with me yesterday commented on how good the pitch looked... and they didn't :greengrin

Lancs Harp
05-05-2019, 07:12 PM
A Brighton supporter watching their game on box with me yesterday commented on how good the pitch looked... and they didn't :greengrin

They have had to invest in a lawnmower to replace the plough.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-05-2019, 07:22 PM
The real reason their fans are throwing devices from the terraces to stuff up the surface...?

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2019, 07:28 PM

I made that point at the start of the season, manna from heaven for all the visitors. ☺

Carheenlea
06-05-2019, 06:54 PM
Given their preferred style of football, I’d have thought a full artificial pitch would have been ideal for them. It’s still a tricky place to go with the smaller dimensions of the playing surface, but the good quality surface they now enjoy has also been favourable for visiting sides to Tynecastle this term.

Baader
06-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Surface should be kept good there seeing as they rarely play the ball across it.

PatHead
06-05-2019, 07:18 PM
Anyone know how their home record this season compares to an average season on their old pitch?

erin go bragh
06-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Anyone know how their home record this season compares to an average season on their old pitch?

They lost three last season at the PBS . Sure they have lost seven this season. No sure if they played some early games at Murrayfield last season.

Jack Hackett
06-05-2019, 08:02 PM
They lost three last season at the PBS . Sure they have lost seven this season. No sure if they played some early games at Murrayfield last season.

I think that's a :tee hee:

Played 4 there. Won 1

1van Sprou7e
06-05-2019, 08:58 PM

Think they only lost 1 there last season? Lost at least 2 at murrayfield

PatHead
06-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Pleasing they are losing so often at home.

Winston Ingram
07-05-2019, 05:55 AM
They’ve lost 7 at the PBS - to Killie x2, Hibs, Celtic, Sevco x2 & Dundee