PDA

View Full Version : What went wrong today?

Unseen work
05-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Any thought?

For me we looked shattered, I don’t know what it was but the majority of the team weren’t pressing the ball as much as normal.

Omeonga who has been brilliant for us was very poor and also looked tired early doors.

Horgan another, looked tired and like he never had that burst of energy.

The goal we conceded was shambolic. Two poor passes from Milligan and Gaul before it breaks to Jack. Gray (McGregor our of position too) for some reason gets attracted to the ball leaving his runner to go in behind for the goal . Davis has the whole of Ibrox to play that simple pass.

Mallan our best player again for me, his range of passing is outstanding and really infuriating when the players receiving them don’t make the most of it.

I also can’t remember the last time we were so backwards in our play.

B.H.F.C
05-05-2019, 05:25 PM
We wee just crap. Too many players didn’t play well.

We never showed any urgency in the second half.

Milligan must have passed the ball back to Marciano at least 20 times.

kaimendhibs
05-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Any thought?

For me we looked shattered, I don’t know what it was but the majority of the team weren’t pressing the ball as much as normal.

Omeonga who has been brilliant for us was very poor and also looked tired early doors.

Horgan another, looked tired and like he never had that burst of energy.

The goal we conceded was shambolic. Two poor passes from Milligan and Gaul before it breaks to Jack. Gray (McGregor our of position too) for some reason gets attracted to the ball leaving his runner to go in behind for the goal . Davis has the whole of Ibrox to play that simple pass.

Mallan our best player again for me, his range of passing is outstanding and really infuriating when the players receiving them don’t make the most of it.

I also can’t remember the last time we were so backwards in our play.I thought we looked nakard from the start[emoji1785][emoji1785]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

we are hibs
05-05-2019, 05:27 PM
We sat off them yet again. Can remember us having 1 shot all game and 2 attacks. That's it. Not good enough.

Smartie
05-05-2019, 05:37 PM
We were playing a better team than most of who we have played under PH, away from home. They are fit, press you hard and force mistakes.

We changed a winning team. Kamberi hasn't been playing well, but in shifting Omeonga out of position we took him away from a position where he has excelled.

Milligan was a dither. He was easily pressed out of the game. By forcing him constantly backwards (and by him all too often choosing to go backwards when under no pressure) we couldn't build from the back.

We lack pace all over the park. Sevco are much, much quicker than us and it showed. Horgan is our only quickish player who is fit. We need Boyle back, plus 2 or 3 other players who are much faster than we have before we can even consider matching Sevco.

Our manager hasn't yet figured that if you get at Tavernier time and again then you get joy. He's probably read in the papers that he's the blue Cafu and believed the positive hype.

McNulty will never do anything with service like that. Neither will Kamberi, or 99% of the other strikers that are out there. If we're going to play that way by choice then we need to find an Uche and get bodies up to him. Like f*** I'll be shelling out for a season of that though.

We played Gauld. Based on what I've seen of him there's a reason he's been punted out on loan to lower league sides then us. He's not good enough and isn't going to make it any higher than the Scottish Championship/ bottom 3 of the Premier League.

lyonhibs
05-05-2019, 05:47 PM
With the exception of Mallan, there was a complete lack of bravery and willingness to try and create/take risks going forward.

H18S NX
05-05-2019, 05:53 PM
We sat back off them,hoping for a break which never happened,no fight, spirit,we seemed to play with fear,imo.

Iain G
05-05-2019, 06:04 PM
We didn't get stuck into them enough, should have gone for it at half time, when we did change it up we got chances and the ball stuck in their half. They don't like it up em as McGregor showed!

J-C
05-05-2019, 07:12 PM
A mixture of tired players and just not good enough, Heckingbottom has a big build in the summer as there are just too many not up to the task.

ShottsBranch
05-05-2019, 07:13 PM
We would have won comfortablely if we had worn the green and white kit imo

Scottie
05-05-2019, 07:21 PM
We didn't get stuck into them enough, should have gone for it at half time, when we did change it up we got chances and the ball stuck in their half.!
Same as the Sellick Scottish cup tie imo. Showed them too much respect today which I don't know why as the Huns are a very very poor team.

TheHarpy76
05-05-2019, 07:22 PM
Just one of those days I think.

MSK
05-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Same as the Sellick Scottish cup tie imo. Showed them too much respect today which I don't know why as the Huns are a very very poor team.They passed through us at ease and looked sharper and hungrier, despite us having a strip that couldn't be any brighter if it was plugged into the national grid we still struggled to find our own team mates. Poor today, cant wait until season is over then see what plans Heckinbottom has for next season

Hermit Crab
05-05-2019, 07:44 PM
We were just 5hite. Milligan is horrendous, never once went forward, even passed back to the keeper from the halfway line.

matty_f
05-05-2019, 07:48 PM
We played a team that's comfortably second in the league with a budget that dwarves ours and we competed for most of the match.

We never had a cutting edge and when we did create chances we fluffed them.

I thought we started quite well then fell out of the game about twenty minutes in until half time.

Second half we were ok, just not penetrating enough when we attacked. A lot of that was down to how Rangers played.

Tyler Durden
05-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Too many players off the boil. We won the ball in their half several times but then gave it right back to them.

I can understand why the manager wanted to give Gauld a chance but he was very poor. Milligan knows he can’t go toe to toe with some of the better midfields in this league and so he just played far too safe every time he had possession. Omeonga and Horgan also poor in possession so what chance did we have?

On the positive side we are very well drilled defensively and didn’t give away too many chances until that crazy finish. And people need to remember that a weeks wages for Davis and Defoe probably pays our full squad for a month!

Stonewall
05-05-2019, 07:56 PM
I think our limitations were brutally exposed today which in terms of building for next season may have taught Hecky more than grinding out a fortuitous 0-0.

He’s done wonders papering over the cracks with an effective squad of 12, but we looked tired today and there was a chronic lack of pace.

The Harp Awakes
05-05-2019, 08:26 PM
We sat off them yet again. Can remember us having 1 shot all game and 2 attacks. That's it. Not good enough.

It was an action replay to the Cup game v Celtic at Easter Road. We sat off them, looked pedestrian at times and gave them far too much respect.. We had gone 10 league games without defeat and should have been brimming with confidence. Instead we looked scared of them. There have been a lot of positives in the last few months and the team and Manager have deserved the plaudits, but for me today's performance was unacceptable.

SChibs
05-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Same as the Sellick Scottish cup tie imo. Showed them too much respect today which I don't know why as the Huns are a very very poor team.

They aren't a very very poor team though. They are second in the league cause as much as I hate them They are a decent side.

Baldy Foghorn
05-05-2019, 09:57 PM
We were slack in possession, and not threatening until the last ten.

Poor team performance, and should have taken game to them from the off, I felt we were leggy, sluggish and ineffective

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 10:15 PM
We were slack in possession, and not threatening until the last ten.

Poor team performance, and should have taken game to them from the off, I felt we were leggy, sluggish and ineffective

Agree B

Slight worry for me is that is three games now against the old firm that we have been too passive in our play. I hope when Heckingbottom gets his own players in we are bolder with our tactics ....

Baldy Foghorn
05-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Agree B

Slight worry for me is that is three games now against the old firm that we have been too passive in our play. I hope when Heckingbottom gets his own players in we are bolder with our tactics ....

It almost felt like we were hoping to reach half-time all square.

Agree about being passive

MagicSwirlingShip
05-05-2019, 11:42 PM
We shoehorned Gauld into the team, and played Omeonga out wide where he was largely ineffective.

Forza Fred
06-05-2019, 06:31 AM
I have thought privately, all season, that we just weren’t that good.

Ok in moving the ball in defence and midfield, but without posing much of a threat.

To be honest to finish above Hearts and in 5th position.....if we do, is an improvement on my expectations.

A wake up call for us if we have hopes of progression, so hopefully the manager will push things along.

Jones28
06-05-2019, 06:58 AM
I think Mallan was the only midfielder who had a decent game. Defenders were fine but McGregor and Gray were both posted missing for their goal. McNulty was very isolated.

hughio
06-05-2019, 12:12 PM
We were playing a better team than most of who we have played under PH, away from home. They are fit, press you hard and force mistakes.

We changed a winning team. Kamberi hasn't been playing well, but in shifting Omeonga out of position we took him away from a position where he has excelled.

Milligan was a dither. He was easily pressed out of the game. By forcing him constantly backwards (and by him all too often choosing to go backwards when under no pressure) we couldn't build from the back.

We lack pace all over the park. Sevco are much, much quicker than us and it showed. Horgan is our only quickish player who is fit. We need Boyle back, plus 2 or 3 other players who are much faster than we have before we can even consider matching Sevco.

Our manager hasn't yet figured that if you get at Tavernier time and again then you get joy. He's probably read in the papers that he's the blue Cafu and believed the positive hype.

McNulty will never do anything with service like that. Neither will Kamberi, or 99% of the other strikers that are out there. If we're going to play that way by choice then we need to find an Uche and get bodies up to him. Like f*** I'll be shelling out for a season of that though.

We played Gauld. Based on what I've seen of him there's a reason he's been punted out on loan to lower league sides then us. He's not good enough and isn't going to make it any higher than the Scottish Championship/ bottom 3 of the Premier League.

All too accurate regrettably.☹️

Keith_M
06-05-2019, 01:01 PM
I have thought privately, all season, that we just weren’t that good.

Ok in moving the ball in defence and midfield, but without posing much of a threat.

To be honest to finish above Hearts and in 5th position.....if we do, is an improvement on my expectations.

A wake up call for us if we have hopes of progression, so hopefully the manager will push things along.

Have to agree with that.

We just don't have the quality yet to be properly competing with the four teams that are currently above us in the league.

I think what Hecky has achieved so far is very good, winning the games against teams we should be beating regularly (but previously weren't). Hopefully he has an idea on who he wants to bring in to move us to the next level; beating the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen Rangers and Killie on a regular basis.