PDA

View Full Version : Should Sevco move to Engerland

A Hi-Bee
05-05-2019, 05:03 PM
I say yes, yes, yes. get rid and along wi the other shower.

Lancs Harp
05-05-2019, 05:05 PM
Being English, England simply doesnt want or need Rangers or Celtic. Talked about for years will never happen.

Doh Rae Me
05-05-2019, 05:17 PM
It's the only place where you should hear rule britania.

Bostonhibby
05-05-2019, 05:24 PM
The EPL and the English league don't want their highly lucrative business damaged by the sort of behaviour they already endured at Manchester and hear most weeks on TV. They're trying to manage their own issues with racism, why would they want a dose of what Sevco bring to the show thrown into the mix?

Amongst the many fans I know down here there's absolutely no desire to invite them in. Jeez, you don't even hear fans at English games singing rule brittania....

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bangkok Hibby
05-05-2019, 05:30 PM
Wouldnt that be great but its never going to happen. Its like asking the army to take our ****my criminal types and make men of them, why would they?

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2019, 05:31 PM
They should move to the moon. That's far enough away.

Since452
05-05-2019, 05:43 PM
They should yes but relocate there as well

ancient hibee
05-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Why’s that?

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2019, 06:11 PM
The EPL and the English league don't want their highly lucrative business damaged by the sort of behaviour they already endured at Manchester and hear most weeks on TV. They're trying to manage their own issues with racism, why would they want a dose of what Sevco bring to the show thrown into the mix?

Amongst the many fans I know down here there's absolutely no desire to invite them in. Jeez, you don't even hear fans at English games singing rule brittania....

That and Celtic's anti poppy brigade, which may find some sympathy in Scotland and Ireland but will find next to none in England as James McLean will testify.

But the obvious thing some folk seem to miss is that in the highly unlikely event the bigot brothers ever make it into the EPL or even English championship they will be in a position to attract support from all over Scotland even more than they are now … in the fullness of time every Scottish club will lose even more fans to them than they do now and no amount of increased competition for our league title in their absence will compensate for that.

Bostonhibby
05-05-2019, 06:15 PM
That and Celtic's anti poppy brigade, which may find some sympathy in Scotland and Ireland but will find next to none in England as James McLean will testify.

But the obvious thing some folk seem to miss is that in the highly unlikely event the bigot brothers ever make it into the EPL or even English championship they will be in a position to attract support from all over Scotland even more than they are now … in the fullness of time every Scottish club will lose even more fans to them than they do now and no amount of increased competition for our league title in their absence will compensate for that.[emoji106]

The 90+2
05-05-2019, 06:17 PM

Not really.

cwilliamson85
05-05-2019, 06:20 PM
They can want the move all they want but the leagues down there don’t need or want them.

Also who is to say they would be successful down there? They won’t be playing the likes of Dundee and Hamilton 3/4 times a season. Yes they’ll get more money from TV about say bye bye to any trophies and European football.

The 90+2
05-05-2019, 06:23 PM
To answer the question, they won’t get a pass into England without Celtic and the leagues down there don’t want them. Not even because they are **** but because the owners of the other clubs won’t want them going down and taking their spots in the EPL. That plus they wouldn’t generate enough money for sky to tell the league to do so and the big clubs don’t give a **** to kick up a fuss.

Added to the fact that it wouldn’t surprise me if some Saudi billionaire took over the huns to make them amazing in Europe that would make me sick.

Doh Rae Me
05-05-2019, 06:24 PM
Why’s that?

Don't see the need to sing about British/English empire at a Scottish football ground.

Golden Bear
05-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Don't see the need to sing about British/English empire at a Scottish football ground.

But can I please get your permission to sing it elsewhere?

barcahibs
05-05-2019, 07:15 PM

Scots were enthusiastic contributors to the British Empire, up to our elbows in every part of it. Scottish explorers 'discovered' it; Scottish soldiers conquered and pacified it; often in the name of Scottish missionaries and traders; Scottish settlers peopled it and Scottish politicians governed it - while Scottish merchants made their fortunes.

This is why politics should be kept away from football what a weird thing to end up talking about on a Hibs board.

The 90+2
05-05-2019, 07:18 PM

It’s British and it’s not got a place in any football ground apart from sad plebs singing it to wind up folk or want to protect Scotland against “the enemy”

Personally, I think it’s a great song that reminds me of the country coming together to win wars and also the British Bulldog. I’m a nationalist but I do understand the history behind the song and I’ll sing it or turn it up at least when it comes to the last night of the proms.

GreenCastle
05-05-2019, 07:31 PM
Best solution would be...

Scottish clubs told them to GTF along with Celtic.

Then we would have a competitive league without all the baggage.

England doesn’t want or NEED them as others have posted above.

So really the other clubs should be doing more to force them out as the other clubs have more power but they all seem to **** it and add in the corrupt SFA and you have the mess of Scottish Football.

Would love a league without them with us Aberdeen, Hearts etc challenging - would mean sell out crowds weekly.

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 07:34 PM

So really the other clubs should be doing more to force them out as the other clubs have more power but they all seem to **** it and add in the corrupt SFA and you have the mess of Scottish Football.

Would love a league without them with us Aberdeen, Hearts etc challenging - would mean sell out crowds weekly.

We did tell them to GTF when we all resigned from the league about 20 years ago..unfortunately we lost our bottle and didn’t see it through. They would currently be playing their 35th derby of the season - in their annual long bangers competition.

Bostonhibby
05-05-2019, 07:40 PM
Couldn't they go to norn irn instead?

Save thousands of them travelling from there and inflicting themselves on scottish society and the rest of the Scottish based Sevconians would finally get a chance to visit where they're singing about.

NAE NOOKIE
05-05-2019, 07:40 PM

No it wouldnt .... The tv, papers, radio and every other media you can think of would be concentrated on the Old Firms exploits in England, with what's happening in the SPFL very much an afterthought. The Scottish league in the fullness of time would become as relevant to up and coming Scottish kids getting into football as the Welsh one is to their kids in and around Swansea and Cardiff ... with the rest of them in north Wales supporting Man Utd Everton or Liverpool.

GreenCastle
05-05-2019, 07:56 PM
[/B]
No it wouldnt .... The tv, papers, radio and every other media you can think of would be concentrated on the Old Firms exploits in England, with what's happening in the SPFL very much an afterthought. The Scottish league in the fullness of time would become as relevant to up and coming Scottish kids getting into football as the Welsh one is to their kids in and around Swansea and Cardiff ... with the rest of them in north Wales supporting Man Utd Everton or Liverpool.

Not sure you got my post..

The Old Firm wouldn’t be in England.

They would have themselves.

While the rest of us would enjoy a competitive league without all the old firm bias this country has had for many years.

The reality is the clubs crap themselves due to ££££ And they would be scared to tell them to do one.

Crowds would go up - Hibs and Hearts being in the Championship show winning = fans want to watch that.

cleanyman
05-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Nothing wrong with singing our national anthem nor displaying our flag

Doh Rae Me
06-05-2019, 04:40 AM
But can I please get your permission to sing it elsewhere?
Of course you may. I have been known for belting out Land of hope and glory but in my defence it was the Sex Pistols version. Lol.

LancashireHibby
06-05-2019, 07:38 AM
Don’t be offloading your problems on to us 😊

Rather than sending them to a location, someone should invent a time machine and send them back to 1690.

DH1875
06-05-2019, 08:15 AM
We should join the English leagues instead. Seriously, why should they benefit. Imagine what we could do if we had the money that the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley have.

danhibees1875
06-05-2019, 08:36 AM
We should join the English leagues instead. Seriously, why should they benefit. Imagine what we could do if we had the money that the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley have.

Would we get to that position though? All fine and well pointing to them as 3 premiership clubs, but what if we floated around league 1/2, never enjoying any cup runs or even the slightest possibility of Europe again.

Even if we did manage to find a way up to the premiership what would we then be doing? Just fighting for survival each year, hoping to scrape enough wins together to reach 40 points. :dunno:

Michael
06-05-2019, 08:58 AM
They'll leave when a European league is formed. We might too. That's the future of the Scottish game at the top level.

MrSmith
06-05-2019, 09:04 AM

Which anthem?

Springbank
06-05-2019, 11:49 AM

you speak for yourself

you do not speak for me or for the majority in leith

fxxx britain i am european

Greencore
06-05-2019, 11:51 AM

Yep.

barcahibs
06-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Which anthem?

Whichever one he likes I'd imagine. If one is fair game they all should be.

you speak for yourself

Wow, well done on knocking all those doors. You could make a fortune selling information like that to polling companies.

And of course it holds doubly true because all Hibs fans come from Leith.

I hate politics.

NAE NOOKIE
06-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Not sure you got my post..

The Old Firm wouldn’t be in England.

They would have themselves.

While the rest of us would enjoy a competitive league without all the old firm bias this country has had for many years.

The reality is the clubs crap themselves due to ££££ And they would be scared to tell them to do one.

Crowds would go up - Hibs and Hearts being in the Championship show winning = fans want to watch that.

I stand corrected mate … I should take more care reading stuff. In your scenario what you suggested may well come to pass, but I doubt it will ever happen unfortunately.

DH1875
06-05-2019, 03:26 PM
you speak for yourself

Two pretty big Union Jack flags in our end yesterday.

bigwheel
06-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Two pretty big Union Jack flags in our end yesterday.

What colour are Union Jacks ?

DH1875
06-05-2019, 03:52 PM
What colour are Union Jacks ?

No idea. Go on.......

bigwheel
06-05-2019, 03:58 PM
No idea. Go on.......

Ah. That explains your confusion then [emoji106]

wpj
06-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Here comes the flag debate, been weeks since the last one

Killiehibbie
06-05-2019, 05:11 PM
I always thought it would be good if they both got a move to play somewhere else but in the unlikely event of it ever happening the gfa would probably allow their reserve teams to play here.

DH1875
06-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Ah. That explains your confusion then [emoji106]

Not to me it doesn't :greengrin

Ozyhibby
06-05-2019, 06:57 PM
They should not be going anywhere if we don’t also go. Scottish league would be very much diminished without them unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk