PDA

View Full Version : Madden

AugustaHibs
05-05-2019, 04:31 PM
You’re a ****ing disgrace.

dalkeith stu
05-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Coward!!!! Should've been a free kick as McNulty didn't do anything wrong and what the **** was he thinking at the corner!!!!

Northernhibee
05-05-2019, 04:38 PM
They don’t even attempt to hide it.

Billy Whizz
05-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Coward!!!! Should've been a free kick as McNulty didn't do anything wrong and what the **** was he thinking at the corner!!!!

Disagree, McNulty raised his boot to block the kick out, that’s a foul

SouthMoroccoStu
05-05-2019, 04:42 PM
If your a season ticket holder in the FF take a ball to the next game and chuck it on whenever hibs look like we’re in trouble

Madden is a cheat

kaimendhibs
05-05-2019, 04:42 PM
That corner was a ****in disgrace.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
05-05-2019, 04:44 PM

You see that at most grounds every weekend - striker puts his boot up to block a kick

The keeper is a player on the pitch too but your not allowed near them, especially when they wear orange

Why wasn’t it a hibs freekick

CMac1988
05-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Disagree, McNulty raised his boot to block the kick out, that’s a foulAgree.

The corner was the interesting one. We had already taken it and made an arse if it but I thought the rules would've meant a retake?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
05-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Agree.

The corner was the interesting one. We had already taken it and made an arse if it but I thought the rules would've meant a retake?

Of course it should have been a retake

Sfa are cheating hun *******s

Weegreenman
05-05-2019, 04:47 PM
I don’t think McNulty gets near him, it was more an attempt to put McGregor off. It’s a clear attempt to kick McNulty which in anyone’s book is a foul. Referee you are a *****bag!

Bishop Hibee
05-05-2019, 04:50 PM
The corner that should have been retaken was more clear cut. Even then why didn’t SDG compete for the drop ball? Did Madden tell him not to? Even then he should have competed anyway as what could Madden have done?

S4uzee
05-05-2019, 04:53 PM

He didn’t do anything. Maclean did the same to Marciano last week and nothing

kaimendhibs
05-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Should have been a foul to Hibs. Corrupt as ****

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2019, 04:54 PM

It really was unbelievable stuff. 😲

HibeeHibernian4
05-05-2019, 05:08 PM
The corner that should have been retaken was more clear cut. Even then why didn’t SDG compete for the drop ball? Did Madden tell him not to? Even then he should have competed anyway as what could Madden have done?

I agree, but this is the problem with playing them.

You have to anticipate such levels of ****mery that you have to become essentially evil to actually realise what they're going to do.

A vile institution, hopefully their second death is permanent and their fans are left with their lives even emptier than they are right now.

hhibs
05-05-2019, 05:11 PM

You have to anticipate such levels of ****mery that you have to become essentially evil to actually realise what they're going to do.

A vile institution, hopefully their second death is permanent and their fans are left with their lives even emptier than they are right now.

Yes,but even more so !

Jones28
05-05-2019, 05:48 PM
I didn't think he was that bad.

The corner was taken and was utterly *****.

hibsbollah
05-05-2019, 05:53 PM

Spectacular post:top marks

Alan62
05-05-2019, 05:56 PM
The corner should be retaken.

The drop ball should be contested.

The foul by McNulty rules out a free kick for MacGregor's kick. Having said that, is it a foul?

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2019, 06:08 PM

Not if outside the box?

SquashedFrogg
05-05-2019, 06:09 PM
I didn't think he was that bad.

The corner was taken and was utterly *****.

Oh dear.

B.H.F.C
05-05-2019, 06:09 PM
The corner should be retaken.

The drop ball should be contested.

The foul by McNulty rules out a free kick for MacGregor's kick. Having said that, is it a foul?

I don’t think the corner should have been retaken but if it was their corner I think it would have been.

Crazy for us not to contest the drop ball.

Eyrie
05-05-2019, 06:25 PM
I thought he had a decent game until the corner.

McNulty had committed a foul, so play had stopped before McGregor kicked at him. Only thing I would question is that you don't normally get booked for interfering with the kick out. But Madden didn't shirk sending McGregor off.

The corner annoyed me because the ball was in the air when the Huns threw the ball back on, so the sensible thing to do was to order a re-take.

That said, we should have contested the drop ball instead of letting the Sevco player waste time before hoofing it long for a Hibs throw deep in our own half.

Kojock
05-05-2019, 06:30 PM

Spot on you can’t raise you’re foot to the keeper at a kick out and that’s why they got the free kick.

green day
05-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Spot on you can’t raise you’re foot to the keeper at a kick out and that’s why they got the free kick.

Yep, you can stand and try and put keeper off (McLean did it plenty last week), but cant raise a boot as he attempts to kick it - that is a foul, and arguably a yellow.

McGregor (animal that he is) reacted as we saw and hence the red - however the foul was by McNulty.

Very straightforward.

coldingham hibs
05-05-2019, 06:39 PM
I don’t think the corner should have been retaken but if it was their corner I think it would have been.

Crazy for us not to contest the drop ball.

Just watched Paul Hanlon’s interview and he said that we wanted to contest the drop ball but the ref said that if Rangers wanted to play the ball back to us then it couldn’t be contested. Never heard that before 🤔

southsider
05-05-2019, 06:39 PM

We take a corner, some Hun **** throws another ball on and we don’t get to retake corner. Unbelievable.

green day
05-05-2019, 06:46 PM
We take a corner, some Hun **** throws another ball on and we don’t get to retake corner. Unbelievable.

Its happened before, Feynoord v PSV.

That one was a shocker - PSV were about to score, Feyenoord fans threw a ball on the pitch - ref has no option but to stop the match.

Fife-Hibee
05-05-2019, 06:46 PM

This ! 😡

Joe6-2
05-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Should have been a foul to Hibs. Corrupt as ****

Definitely corrupt, wonder what he would have done if we had scored from the corner?

Sir David Gray
05-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Just watched Paul Hanlon’s interview and he said that we wanted to contest the drop ball but the ref said that if Rangers wanted to play the ball back to us then it couldn’t be contested. Never heard that before 🤔

That's lies if our players were told that.

Of course it can be contested.

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2019, 06:58 PM
I know it doesn’t suit our agenda, but I’m pretty sure, to the letter of the law, Madden got it spot on regarding the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 07:00 PM
I know it doesn’t suit our agenda, but I’m pretty sure, to the letter of the law, Madden got it spot on regarding the corner.

Don’t see how he couldn’t have let the bounce ball be contested though ..would have seems fair and within laws of the game ...

CallumLaidlaw
05-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Don’t see how he couldn’t have let the bounce ball be contested though ..would have seems fair and within laws of the game ...

He couldn’t. He maybe advised to let rangers clear it, but there wasn’t nothing stopping Gray getting stuck in. Instead all our players backed off while the ball sat of the grass for about 10 seconds.

Smartie
05-05-2019, 07:11 PM

TBH I thought he got the big calls right.

For those claiming the corner should have been re-taken - could you point me to the rule that dictates this should have happened? Not saying it shouldn't, that's just not my interpretation of the rules, and I'll fully admit to not being absolutely clear on them myself.

It must boil down to when Madden noticed the 2nd ball, and where it was at that point - whether it was before or after the pish corner had been cleared.

My take on it all - the drop ball was probably correct but it should have been contested.

Re the red card - 100% a red card and glad Madden did the right thing. Would have been interesting to see if he'd have done the same in the 5th minute, or in a game where Sevco had used all their subs by the hour mark. It WAS a foul by McNulty (a cheap, silly one at that stage of the game) although I'm not sure if it merited a yellow card. I'm not sure if it is an automatic yellow card for committing that foul.

I thought Madden did fine, but he was let down by his assistants at a few ropey offsides during the first half. That was as much as he got wrong, and he refereed the game well throughout.

Argylehibby
05-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Of course it should have been a retake

Sfa are cheating hun *******s

The corner had been taken and the ball was in play, no way could it be retaken. The ref correctly stopped the game but he can't wind the clock back. We should have contested it rather than allow them to clear it down field.

Hibby70
05-05-2019, 07:29 PM
Drop ball in the box, outfield player as a goalie, hun fans at fault for drop ball, potential European place.... And we don't contest it!!!

Tyler Durden
05-05-2019, 07:40 PM
TBH I thought he got the big calls right.

For those claiming the corner should have been re-taken - could you point me to the rule that dictates this should have happened? Not saying it shouldn't, that's just not my interpretation of the rules, and I'll fully admit to not being absolutely clear on them myself.

It must boil down to when Madden noticed the 2nd ball, and where it was at that point - whether it was before or after the pish corner had been cleared.

My take on it all - the drop ball was probably correct but it should have been contested.

Re the red card - 100% a red card and glad Madden did the right thing. Would have been interesting to see if he'd have done the same in the 5th minute, or in a game where Sevco had used all their subs by the hour mark. It WAS a foul by McNulty (a cheap, silly one at that stage of the game) although I'm not sure if it merited a yellow card. I'm not sure if it is an automatic yellow card for committing that foul.

I thought Madden did fine, but he was let down by his assistants at a few ropey offsides during the first half. That was as much as he got wrong, and he refereed the game well throughout.

By the letter of the law....yes he’s correct regarding the corner. But refs pick and choose when to apply the laws.

What about the spirit of the game? It was very clear that the Rangers fans were going to toss the ball back when the corner was taken. Madden should have recognised that and made sure that Hibs were not penalised. Nobody would have complained had the corner been re-taken.

It seemed very clear that as soon as he’d sent off McGregor he was giving Hibs nothing else.

Tyler Durden
05-05-2019, 07:42 PM
The corner had been taken and the ball was in play, no way could it be retaken. The ref correctly stopped the game but he can't wind the clock back. We should have contested it rather than allow them to clear it down field.

He obviously could. He’s in charge and let’s not pretend that refs always do everything by the book.

Tarrahib
05-05-2019, 07:43 PM
Drop ball in the box, outfield player as a goalie, hun fans at fault for drop ball, potential European place.... And we don't contest it!!!
Was it Madden's fault that Hibs didn't have a shot at the untried goalkeeper?

Hermit Crab
05-05-2019, 07:45 PM

Agree Billy, folk need to learn the rules.

Skol
05-05-2019, 07:50 PM
I dont think rangers were going to contest the drop ball either and if we had, we would have been expected to put it out of play or score and generate a ;pitch invasion:aok:

Sir David Gray
05-05-2019, 07:55 PM

A free kick to Sevco was correct. McNulty did try to prevent McGregor from taking the kick which is a foul, this happened before McGregor lashed out. Therefore if McGregor hadn't lashed out then McNulty would have been booked and Sevco would have got a free kick.

Because McGregor kicked out after this happened, he then received a red card for violent conduct but this doesn't take away from the fact that McNulty committed the initial foul and so Sevco still get a free kick.

The drop ball after the corner was also correct. Maybe the rules need to be changed so that if a team is taking a corner or a free kick and they have an advantage of sorts, then they are not penalised by the deliberate behaviour of the other team's fans.

It was obvious that they were going to chuck the ball onto the pitch as soon as we had taken the corner so in situations like that I think the rules should be altered. However under the current rules, a drop ball was the correct decision.

hibeerealist
05-05-2019, 10:11 PM
By the letter of the law....yes he’s correct regarding the corner. But refs pick and choose when to apply the laws.

What about the spirit of the game? It was very clear that the Rangers fans were going to toss the ball back when the corner was taken. Madden should have recognised that and made sure that Hibs were not penalised. Nobody would have complained had the corner been re-taken.

It seemed very clear that as soon as he’d sent off McGregor he was giving Hibs nothing else.

:wink: Agree. If this all happened at the other end, Madden would probably wait to see if the Hun scored before pulling it back for a bounce.

Disappointed that so many of our netters seem to support his actions today he is another of the cheating bassas that dress in black each week!!

JimBHibees
05-05-2019, 10:13 PM
The corrupt thing was telling Hibs not to contest drop ball. Scandalous decision. In saying that corner was a shocker given they had an outfield goalie in.

SonOfDavidFrancey
05-05-2019, 10:18 PM
Just out of interest : mcgregor’s kicking foot was outside the box but his other foot was on the line. If it had been a foul... free kick or penalty?

Sir David Gray
05-05-2019, 10:22 PM
Just out of interest : mcgregor’s kicking foot was outside the box but his other foot was on the line. If it had been a foul... free kick or penalty?

Free kick as the foul's taken place outside the box.

FitbaFolkKen
05-05-2019, 10:38 PM
If he was corrupt surely the easy thing to do was just not see the McGregor kick out? I'm pleased to see McGregor get done aas he has a habit of sneaky kicks and hits out at folk.

The drop ball is down to us, Gray seemed to be standing there shouting about kicking it without actually attempting to stick a foot in. The minute they took a second touch we should have been giving them hell.

CMac1988
05-05-2019, 10:48 PM
So... Trip to sports direct, pick up a few of their finest quality Sondico's and disrupt a few corners here and there... When does that new CCTV system get installed? [emoji16]

Baader
06-05-2019, 12:39 AM
Surprised he sent McGregor off to be honest. That clown has been doing stuff like that for years and getting away with it.

Last week cheat Thompson seemed to pull Berra up for a foul from a Herts corner then allowed them to retake it. Unless I missed something.

Todi114
06-05-2019, 04:54 AM
Rangers fans have previous throwing paper balls at hibs goalie during playoffs
ref should have instructed rangers to put the ball out for a corner or he should have pointed at his watch and waited for the original ball to be returned it was obvious what the rangers fans would do

Salisbury Hibby
06-05-2019, 05:48 AM
Ref should have held up play until the ball was returned. I think Hibs should complain about this.

What if it had been thrown on and Hibs had scored?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

HibbySpurs
06-05-2019, 06:00 AM
FIFA RULE 2:

If an extra ball enters the field of play during the match, the referee shall stop the match only if it interferes with play.

Play shall be restarted by a dropped ball in the position where the match ball was at the time when the match was stopped.

So on that count Madden has applied the rules of the game correctly. The drop ball though can and should have been contested even if The Rangers said they would pass it back to Hibs SDG can refuse and tell the ref he is going to challenge for the ball.

Jones28
06-05-2019, 06:17 AM
Oh dear.

This thread would suggest I'm not alone in my opinion?

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2019, 06:34 AM
Ref should have held up play until the ball was returned. I think Hibs should complain about this.

What if it had been thrown on and Hibs had scored?

It would’ve been disallowed and there’d probably have been some damage to the seats in the away end or a pitch invasion.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2019, 06:35 AM
Last week cheat Thompson seemed to pull Berra up for a foul from a Herts corner then allowed them to retake it. Unless I missed something.

Was the foul maybe before the ball was in play though?

Salisbury Hibby
06-05-2019, 06:37 AM
It would’ve been disallowed and there’d probably have been some damage to the seats in the away end or a pitch invasion.It was a rhetorical question. The main point is that there is one match ball. Any fool could have foreseen the Rangers Fans' intention.

Danderhall Hibs
06-05-2019, 06:46 AM
It was a rhetorical question. The main point is that there is one match ball. Any fool could have foreseen the Rangers Fans' intention.

:agree: said it when I was sitting watching it. Maybe Mallan could’ve ”dummied” taking it to let the ball come on.

Smartie
06-05-2019, 06:58 AM
:agree: said it when I was sitting watching it. Maybe Mallan could’ve ”dummied” taking it to let the ball come on.

Mallan could've put a decent corner in.

There would be a lot more heat on Madden and the Rangers fans if the corner hadn't been cleared with a simple, free header almost before the 2nd ball came on.

JimBHibees
06-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Mallan could've put a decent corner in.

There would be a lot more heat on Madden and the Rangers fans if the corner hadn't been cleared with a simple, free header almost before the 2nd ball came on.

And in the cold light of day he probably got it right in respect that Rangers had easy possession at that point. The poorly taken corner was the issue.

dalkeith stu
06-05-2019, 07:46 AM
Letter of the law or not teams shouldn't be able to gain an advantage because of a dickhead in the crowd!!!

wookie70
06-05-2019, 07:59 AM
:wink: Agree. If this all happened at the other end, Madden would probably wait to see if the Hun scored before pulling it back for a bounce.

Disappointed that so many of our netters seem to support his actions today he is another of the cheating bassas that dress in black each week!!

I support refs who go by the laws of the game and Madden was correct with McGregor and the corner. We should have contested the drop ball.

Argylehibby
06-05-2019, 09:23 AM

So we moan each week about refs getting it wrong and how if they had done this or that right we would have won. Now we are moaning they got it right and that cost us a corner.

Refs get it wrong every week and I criticise them more than most but when they get it right they can't get pilloried just because it didn't work in our favour.

The drop ball should have been contested and SDG should have played it rather than appeal to the ref. The corner, sending off, foul against McNulty he got all of them right so how can you do anything other than accept that and defend him from those that basically want him to cheat in our favour?

Hibernian Verse
06-05-2019, 10:08 AM
The one that annoyed me was when the linesman gave offside against Defoe then put his flag down when he noticed it went for a rangers corner.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SingaporeHibs
06-05-2019, 10:19 AM
The one that annoyed me was when the linesman gave offside against Defoe then put his flag down when he noticed it went for a rangers corner.

Exactly right, I couldn’t believe my eyes. How could Madden overrule the linesman on that one???

bigwheel
06-05-2019, 10:48 AM

That one highlights the issue with current offside guidelines...no way McGregor makes that header if Defoe isn’t behind him. He can’t take the chance that if Defoe moves for the ball the offside will be given ...surely that call was wrong ...or if not. The guidance needs changed

Salisbury Hibby
07-05-2019, 07:09 AM
Did Defoe touch the ball? He may have been in an offside position, but the linesman may have "jumped the gun".

Also a corner suggests that a Hibs player played the ball, therefore playing Defoe onside.

I'm trusting to memory, but I think although Defoe chased the ball, he didn't touch it.

Hibs Class
07-05-2019, 08:48 AM
If Madden wanted to direct how the drop ball went in line with both the laws and fairness he would have instructed the huns to kick it out for a hibs corner. Anything else worked have shown bias, the least worst option would otherwise have been a contested drop ball in their box.

Hibbyradge
07-05-2019, 09:47 AM
If Madden wanted to direct how the drop ball went in line with both the laws and fairness he would have instructed the huns to kick it out for a hibs corner. Anything else worked have shown bias, the least worst option would otherwise have been a contested drop ball in their box.

The referee got the decision right.

The game should be stopped if a second ball comes onto the pitch and is interfering with play.

The game is restarted with a drop ball.

It's up to the players to decide what to do with it as soon as it hits the ground, not the referee.

JimBHibees
07-05-2019, 09:55 AM
The referee got the decision right.

The game should be stopped if a second ball comes onto the pitch and is interfering with play.

The game is restarted with a drop ball.

It's up to the players to decide what to do with it as soon as it hits the ground, not the referee.

Is that right looked like ref was giving the ball to Rangers to play out. Personally think that Rangers playing the ball long was probably correct as they had easy possession in the box due to the poorly taken corner.

Tynie01011973
07-05-2019, 09:59 AM

Paul Hanlon said Madden told Hibs players not to contest the drop

Hibbyradge
07-05-2019, 10:15 AM

If that's true, then he was wrong to do so.

The suggestion by some that he was/is corrupt, however, is ridiculous.

Northernhibee
07-05-2019, 10:30 AM
That’s a disgrace.

Hibbyradge
07-05-2019, 10:42 AM
For those of you not experiencing the joys of a woman, there will be a rule change from next season.

The competitive dropped ball is to be eliminated, with it being used to return possession to the team who last touched the ball after stoppages, except for dropped balls in penalty areas which will be given, uncontested, to the defensive goalkeeper.

So, chucking a second football onto the pitch when your opponent has a corner will be a very helpful tactic!

Smartie
07-05-2019, 10:47 AM
For those of you not experiencing the joys of a woman, there will be a rule change from next season.

The competitive dropped ball is to be eliminated, with it being used to return possession to the team who last touched the ball after stoppages, except for dropped balls in penalty areas which will be given, uncontested, to the defensive goalkeeper.

So, chucking a second football onto the pitch when your opponent has a corner will be a very helpful tactic!

I thought this was going to be advice on getting my end away but thanks nonetheless, this is useful information.

Hibbyradge
07-05-2019, 10:48 AM
I thought this was going to be advice on getting my end away.

Those rules have never changed! :greengrin

where'stheslope
07-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Madden in seeing the red card incident saves Sevco another game ban?
If he missed the incident, MacGregor would be offered 2 game ban?
Not sure what red card is given for, it could just be foul play, so only carries 1 game, its different if its serious foul play maybe 2 games???
This makes a mockery of the rules, just like diving, it depends on who oversees it, if caught at the game yellow card, if caught on camera, offer of 2 match ban???
These rules need more clarification as all too often they are bent by both clubs and the SFA to suit their own needs!!!!!!

SouthMoroccoStu
07-05-2019, 11:19 AM
Letter of the law or not teams shouldn't be able to gain an advantage because of a dickhead in the crowd!!!

And if the ball had come in from the Hibs fans from a rangers corner to distract and relieve some pressure I'm sure Madden would have taken the same decision....

Aye Right!!!

Hibernian Verse
07-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Did Defoe touch the ball? He may have been in an offside position, but the linesman may have "jumped the gun".

Also a corner suggests that a Hibs player played the ball, therefore playing Defoe onside.

I'm trusting to memory, but I think although Defoe chased the ball, he didn't touch it.

Defoe doesn't have to touch the ball, and McGregor headed it over the bar so no he didn't chase it. Defoe has to simply be "active" i.e. interfering with play. For example, if his presence forces a defender to play the ball.

It was offside.

Tynie01011973
07-05-2019, 11:55 AM

From the Sun
NO CONTEST Hanlon claims ref Madden told Hibs not to compete with Rangers for drop ball
The Hibees were chasing a leveler when play was restarted on the edge of the Gers penalty area

By Iain Collin
7th May 2019, 7:15 am
Updated: 7th May 2019, 7:27 am
5 COMMENTS
PAUL HANLON has claimed referee Bobby Madden ordered Hibs not to contest a drop ball as they chased an equaliser in the closing stages of Sunday’s defeat to Rangers.
The Easter Road outfit were desperate to pressurise makeshift keeper Ross McCrorie in the wake of Allan McGregor’s red card for lashing out at Marc McNulty.

Hanlon in action for Hibs at Easter Road

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Hanlon in action for Hibs at Easter Road
But at an injury-time corner, a Rangers fan launched a second ball into play, resulting in Madden having to stop play and restart with a drop ball at the edge of the box.

Hibs were eager to challenge for possession so close to their hosts’ goal and the potentially vulnerable McCrorie.

But Hanlon said Madden told them they would have to agree to Rangers giving them the ball back, with Connor Goldson subsequently lashing the ball back into the Hibs’ half of the pitch and out for a throw-in.

The defender explained: “At the time, we were desperate to contest the drop ball. It was inside their penalty box and we didn’t want the ball going all the way back to our keeper.

Bobby Madden drops the ball at Ibrox

WILLIE VASS - THE SUN
Bobby Madden drops the ball at Ibrox
“So, we wanted to contest it, but the referee said that if Rangers wanted to give us the ball back we weren’t allowed to contest it.

“I didn’t know that was the rule now, but that seems to be the case.

“We were trying to build momentum and keep the pressure on and that kind of put us a bit on the back foot again.”

The defeat — manager Paul Heckingbottom’s first in the league since taking over — ruled Hibs out of the race for third and fourth, and the possibility of European qualification.

RIVALS REFUSAL Rangers WON’T give Celtic guard of honour for Old Firm clash at Ibrox
Seven points adrift of Aberdeen with two games left, the Easter Road men will be seeking to protect their three-point lead over city rivals Hearts, who are back in sixth.

Hanlon insists he and his team-mates have no intention of taking their foot off the gas in their remaining outings against Kilmarnock and Aberdeen, as they bid to build towards next season.

He added: “The manager has said to us that, obviously, we want to try to win the games and implement his style and get better at what he’s asking us to do.

“It’s two chances to do that between now and the end of the season.

RELATED STORIES
ACT YOUR AGE Rangers icon Souness says McGregor should know better after Hibs red card
CRASH DRAMA Cops lock down Glasgow's Govan Road after crash following Rangers v Hibs
“Hopefully we can finish strongly and look forward to next season.

“You can say now it was probably a long shot at one stage in the season to get to where we are now and to be challenging for third and fourth.

“But we gave it a good go and it just wasn’t to be.

“But we won’t be dropping our standards in the last two games, that’s for sure.”

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Patrice Evra dresses as a woman with a fake backside and dances with a mop amid links with becoming Man Utd sporting director

TOPICS HIBERNIAN RANGERS

ancient hibee
07-05-2019, 12:32 PM
Madden in seeing the red card incident saves Sevco another game ban?
If he missed the incident, MacGregor would be offered 2 game ban?
Not sure what red card is given for, it could just be foul play, so only carries 1 game, its different if its serious foul play maybe 2 games???
This makes a mockery of the rules, just like diving, it depends on who oversees it, if caught at the game yellow card, if caught on camera, offer of 2 match ban???
These rules need more clarification as all too often they are bent by both clubs and the SFA to suit their own needs!!!!!!
I read somewhere that he’ll get three match ban because of his earlier retrospective red.

percy veer
07-05-2019, 05:24 PM

sounds fair to me, next season against them every corner or attack from rangers chuck a ball on , see how the media covers that one

Iggy Pope
07-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Agree Billy, folk need to learn the rules.

Laws.

Kato
07-05-2019, 05:44 PM

Maybe not corrupt, maybe just scared and keeping one eye on his glazier bills.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2019, 05:53 PM
I support refs who go by the laws of the game and Madden was correct with McGregor and the corner. We should have contested the drop ball.

Fuming at that myself. I was screaming at my tablet, thank god nobody was next to me.

Salisbury Hibby
07-05-2019, 07:09 PM
Defoe doesn't have to touch the ball, and McGregor headed it over the bar so no he didn't chase it. Defoe has to simply be "active" i.e. interfering with play. For example, if his presence forces a defender to play the ball.

It was offside.I suppose it could be interpreted that way, but bottom line is we didn't do enough to win the game. The offside and drop ball, although annoying isn't the reason we lost.

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2019, 07:25 PM
I grew up in the late sixties and the early seventies watching HIBS home and away in games refereed by Bobby Davidson so I am well used to match officials interpreting the laws of the game against HIBS