PDA

View Full Version : Alan Mcgregor

EI255
05-05-2019, 04:25 PM
What a real dirty sleekit "player" he is. Outrageous kick on McNulty. He should get a massive ban for this. That was shocking!

Once a thug always a thug.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

JP1302
05-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Snidest rat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
05-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Was going to call him a sneak, but it so obvious every time, and he normally gets away with it

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Sneaky bassa!

Swedish hibee
05-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Player of the season tonight? I think not. Coward.

Doh Rae Me
Should be more than a one match ban. Could have really done damage to Mcnulty.

Crab apple
He has serious anger management issues.

MWHIBBIES
Vermin ****

-Jonesy-
https://twitter.com/jforrest_/status/1125073551483076608?s=21

Clip

Since90+2
05-05-2019, 04:30 PM
He's done it his entire career. As soon as another player has the nerve to get close to him he lashes out.

Weirdo.

nellio
05-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Faked injury as well!

dmc1875
05-05-2019, 04:32 PM
He’s got away with so much this season - snake

hibee-boys
05-05-2019, 04:33 PM
If a player and club were ever made for each other it is Mcgregor and Rangers.

CathroMustStay
05-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Classless hun *******.

CentreLine
05-05-2019, 04:35 PM
You got to think that should have been a penalty???
Mcgregor in the box when he makes his kick although clearly Mcnulty is not.

Hibeesforever
05-05-2019, 04:38 PM
You got to think that should have been a penalty???
Mcgregor in the box when he makes his kick although clearly Mcnulty is not.

Exactly, a free kick to Hibs minimum. Why the foul against ?

hibby6270
05-05-2019, 04:40 PM

Probably because McNulty’s “offence” came first.:rolleyes:

HAZ2000
05-05-2019, 04:41 PM
Complete ****er

Fife-Hibee
05-05-2019, 04:41 PM

Ref was trying to say that McNulty was at fault for "getting in the way". Even although he was outside the box and by the letter of the law, did absolutely nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

Sheep_Nae_Mair
05-05-2019, 04:43 PM
McNulty did nothing wrong so why was he booked? McGregor lashed out inside the box - a cast iron penalty.

Here’s Lucy!
05-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Same class as Morelos.

hhibs
05-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Did someone say pharma product testing ?

Seveno
05-05-2019, 04:50 PM
He shows all the traits of a psychopath.

calumhibee1
05-05-2019, 04:50 PM
About time he got punished for it. Guys at it every week near enough. ****bag.

Gmack7
05-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Cowardly snake

McKenzie
05-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Beast

A Hi-Bee
05-05-2019, 04:59 PM
He has serious anger management issues.

Hes a hun from Edinburgh the very worst kind, what do you expect.

hhibs
05-05-2019, 05:00 PM

You may indeed have a point there,I always thought he had a problem caused by farming pursuits ,bur yep you could be right he is "just" a psychopath.

Jim44
05-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Sc*m of the earth. Always was, is and will be.

we are hibs
05-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Would honestly find it hard not to go studs in on his face. Whoever did it would be doing Scottish football and society a favour.

The 90+2
05-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Absolute rat if a person.

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Can someone more in the know explain the rules to me? Sparky stands there doesn’t impede him kicking the ball, but on his follow through he kicks out at sparky. Surely that’s a red card and a free kick to hibs into an outfield player in goals. Why did sparky get booked and why the **** didn’t we contest the drop ball?

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Can someone more in the know explain the rules to me? Sparky stands there doesn’t impede him kicking the ball, but on his follow through he kicks out at sparky. Surely that’s a red card and a free kick to hibs into an outfield player in goals. Why did sparky get booked and why the **** didn’t we contest the drop ball?

Not allowed to raise your foot when a keeper kicks the ball..mcnulty did that and was rightly penalised

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 05:13 PM
Not allowed to raise your foot when a keeper kicks the ball..mcnulty did that and was rightly penalised
I stand to be corrected but I don’t think he did. I thought he stood in front of him outside the box and turned to the side as he kicked the ball.

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 05:14 PM
I stand to be corrected but I don’t think he did. I thought he stood in front of him outside the box and turned to the side as he kicked the ball.

He raised his leg as the keeper kicked

macca70
05-05-2019, 05:15 PM

McNulty lifted his foot slightly, that’s a foul and a booking, you can’t do that but the kick from Mcgregor and then pretends to be hurt is completely ridiculous.

He’s done this ALL his career, it’s only now refs are penalising him, he’s got away with it for years!!

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 05:16 PM
He raised his leg as the keeper kicked

he was outside the box though. If he raised his leg then he would be well within his rights to try and block the kick out?

Speedway
05-05-2019, 05:17 PM
The next time he saves at someone’s feet, kick him underneath the jaw, breaking the joint and causing long term tinnitus and it’s unlikeky he’ll repeat his behaviour.

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 05:18 PM
he was outside the box though. If he raised his leg then he would be well within his rights to try and block the kick out?

You’re not allowed to block a keepers kick out. Against the rules. That’s why they got the free kick

Hibernia&Alba
05-05-2019, 05:21 PM
He clearly has anger issues. Very strange guy and a welt.

Hibs98
McNulty lifted his foot slightly, that’s a foul and a booking, you can’t do that but the kick from Mcgregor and then pretends to be hurt is completely ridiculous.

He’s done this ALL his career, it’s only now refs are penalising him, he’s got away with it for years!!
I understand that you can’t block a keeper kicking the ball from within the penalty box, but sparky was outside the penalty box. That to me is an intersection, at what point does it become a foul compared to an interecepion.

Smartie
I have a degree of sympathy for McGregor and Morelos.

They are allowed to get away with so much of their pish, they must find it hard to know what is actually allowed and what isn't.

Sevco should have a record tally of red cards this season , just down to that pair of clowns.

They are a disgrace, and I hope Celtic tear them a new one next week, hopefully with a few goals that McGregor would in all likelihood have saved.

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 05:24 PM
I understand that you can’t block a keeper kicking the ball from within the penalty box, but sparky was outside the penalty box. That to me is an intersection, at what point does it become a foul compared to an interecepion.

It is not defined by the 18 yard line. You simply can’t raise your leg when the keeper is in the act of kicking. It is against the rules - He was near enough to put him off. And it did and resulted in a free kick and the reaction from the nutter

Hibs98
I would like to intercept to say that I am struggling to spell interception.

Smartie

Whenever the ball is being kicked from hand. The keeper's momentum took him out of the box but it was a definite foul on him.

As a forward, there is only so much you're allowed to do within the rules to put a goalkeeper off when he's kicking it from hand.

Not sure about the yellow card there, but it was 100% a foul (and a silly one at that FWIW).

kaimendhibs
05-05-2019, 05:27 PM
The next time he saves at someone’s feet, kick him underneath the jaw, breaking the joint and causing long term tinnitus and it’s unlikeky he’ll repeat his behaviour.Sounds fair to me

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
05-05-2019, 05:28 PM
It is not defined by the 18 yard line. You simply can’t raise your leg when the keeper is in the act of kicking. It is against the rules - He was near enough to put him off. And it did and resulted in a free kick and the reaction from the nutterWhat if you are on the half way line!

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 05:28 PM
It is not defined by the 18 yard line. You simply can’t raise your leg when the keeper is in the act of kicking. It is against the rules - He was near enough to put him off. And it did and resulted in a free kick and the reaction from the nutter
That is utter madness mate. At what stage does that rule apply? If a keeper kicks the ball from hand and makes a mess of it does it result in a free kick because the opposition player was too close?

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 05:30 PM
That is utter madness mate. At what stage does that rule apply? If a keeper kicks the ball from hand and makes a mess of it does it result in a free kick because the opposition player was too close?

What is mad about it ? Don’t raise your leg when he kicks from hand and your fine. It is as simple as that. And has been a law of the game for some time

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 05:30 PM
What if you are on the half way line!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 05:32 PM
Whenever the ball is being kicked from hand. The keeper's momentum took him out of the box but it was a definite foul on him.

As a forward, there is only so much you're allowed to do within the rules to put a goalkeeper off when he's kicking it from hand.

Not sure about the yellow card there, but it was 100% a foul (and a silly one at that FWIW).
I’m stunned at your take on this. I saw the keeper coming out, sparky standing there and turning to give him plenty room to kick the ball out(which he did comfortably) at that point he kicked out. Free kick to hibs and a red card.

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 05:34 PM
What is mad about it ? Don’t raise your leg when he kicks from hand and your fine. It is as simple as that. And has been a law of the game for some time
I’m not sure he raised his leg. If he did it in no way impeded the huns kick out. That’s my point.

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 05:39 PM
I’m not sure he raised his leg. If he did it in no way impeded the huns kick out. That’s my point.

I’m giving up on this exchange after this post.

Watch it again from a few angles. You will see he does raise his leg. It doesn’t have to impede the keeper..the simple act of raising the leg in close proximity is not allowed. It’s a foul .

Will let you bash on continuing to be stunned [emoji2][emoji106]

Since452
05-05-2019, 05:40 PM
He has serious issues.

Sir David Gray
05-05-2019, 05:47 PM
Horrible rat.

Good goalkeeper but he's a nasty piece of work.

Bostonhibby
05-05-2019, 05:47 PM
He has serious issues.Agree, being thick, unhinged and a coward all at the same time must be difficult to deal with.

Wouldn't sympathise much if he actually got on the wrong end of the sort of treatment he likes to dish out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

brianmc
05-05-2019, 05:51 PM
I’m giving up on this exchange after this post.

Watch it again from a few angles. You will see he does raise his leg. It doesn’t have to impede the keeper..the simple act of raising the leg in close proximity is not allowed. It’s a foul .

Will let you bash on continuing to be stunned [emoji2][emoji106]

It always amazes me the number of football fans who have never actually read The Laws of the Game.

The only thing more surprising is when you hear players or managers saying "Am no really sure what the rules are"

bigwheel
05-05-2019, 05:54 PM
It always amazes me the number of football fans who have never actually read The Laws of the Game.

The only thing more surprising is when you hear players or managers saying "Am no really sure what the rules are"

Agree Brian. And tip my hat for you using the correct terms “ laws”. [emoji119][emoji6]

Since452
05-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Had a look at the car crash that is Rangers Media and unsurprisingly no thread about his behaviour. Instead they are ripping in to a fellow fan for standing with SNP supporters. Vile club, vile players and vile fans.

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Well prepare to be blown out of your tiny surprised mind. I’ve never met anyone who has read the laws of the game. I mix with real people who have jobs and are in relationships. As a result I am well prepared to admit that sometimes I might get things wrong when it comes certain uncommon occurrences in a game of football. It’s good to know that people like you are reading the laws of the game so that you can inform us less informed indivuals that have known the joys that being with a woman can bring the rules of the game.

green day
05-05-2019, 06:53 PM
Well prepare to be blown out of your tiny surprised mind. I’ve never met anyone who has read the laws of the game. I mix with real people who have jobs and are in relationships. As a result I am well prepared to admit that sometimes I might get things wrong when it comes certain uncommon occurrences in a game of football. It’s good to know that people like you are reading the laws of the game so that you can inform us less informed indivuals that have known the joys that being with a woman can bring the rules of the game.

To be entirely fair to the guy you are abusing, @Bigwheel did try several times to explain that the ref got this one right.

You keep coming back and disputing this so what do you expect?

p.s. I am glad to know that you have "known the joys of being with a woman".................:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
05-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Should be more than a one match ban. Could have really done damage to Mcnulty.

It will be an automatic 2 game ban. However it may take him over the points threshold, so could possibly miss a game next season

Iain G
05-05-2019, 07:01 PM

Really no need for the attitude is there?

TheHarpy76
05-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Odious prick of a man.

One of the very few players that I would be happy to see get a serious injury!

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 07:05 PM
To be entirely fair to the guy you are abusing, @Bigwheel did try several times to explain that the ref got this one right.

You keep coming back and disputing this so what do you expect?

p.s. I am glad to know that you have "known the joys of being with a woman".................:thumbsup:
To be fair mate I wasn’t having a go at bigwheel. My response was to another poster. I completely respect someone who can respond with informative replies to my general ignorance of the rules of the game, despite the fact that I’m jumping up and down saying it’s not fair. I would also like to say that the mrs is upstairs and I’m really hoping not to be enjoying the joys of being with a woman this evening after a fairly heavy weekend on the drink.

Hibs98
05-05-2019, 07:07 PM
That goes both ways.

green day
05-05-2019, 07:09 PM

That goes both ways.

He didnt really say anything that bad - just that if you are commenting on the laws of the game, probably best to do so from a position of strength?

I think you over reacted.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2019, 08:57 PM

That deserves a chuckle 😄

CraigHibee
05-05-2019, 09:33 PM
He is a horrible hun welt

Baldy Foghorn
05-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Man has anger issues, not the first time this sort of thing has happened, and it won't be the last.

I watched hin jump up and down like a bairn, when we had a free kick, and shouting at team mates. He really is a fruit case.

hibbyfraelibby
05-05-2019, 10:18 PM

I know people who do read and understand the Laws of Football...they are called referees and generally their decisions are spot on legally...just a bit suspect when they decide to apply them and their consistency in doing so.:greengrin

I'm Spartacus
06-05-2019, 08:28 AM
HAS to be a multiple game ban, it was a blatant attack, but I guess those in charge will say "The referee saw the offence and dealt with it at the time, no further action is required".

Morelos multiple assaults all season
Kent punches Scott Brown in full view of the stadium and TV cameras
McGregor multiple assaults all season

HUNbelieveable.

I actually think he wanted sent off so he would miss the Guard of Dishonour v Celtic.

Clarence
06-05-2019, 08:41 AM

I thought exactly the same thing. Should never have read that book!

I'm Spartacus
06-05-2019, 08:54 AM
I thought exactly the same thing. Should never have read that book!

Haha when you read the book don't we all??!!!

Marvellous
06-05-2019, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQTxZAAnIk

Throbber

Diclonius
06-05-2019, 11:18 AM
McGregor has previous for kicking out at strikers who run at him when he takes a kick out. Eventually one of them was going to connect, we just have to be thankful it wasn't more serious.

He's seriously unhinged and a perfect fit for Rangers.

Sir David Gray
06-05-2019, 11:22 AM
Dirty hun rat.

Good goalkeeper but absolute prick of a guy.

Lago
06-05-2019, 11:51 AM
He is nuts, plain & simple.

leggeto
06-05-2019, 11:58 AM
It was funny when loads of Huns next to me where cheering when the red got shown,they actually though it was for mark,absolute Muppets

KeithTheHibby
06-05-2019, 12:00 PM
He is a horrible angry hun **** at best. I don't know what his problem is. Winning 1-0, just pulled off a great save then he does that?
Also tries to feign injury. ****ing welt of a man.

WeeRussell
06-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Dirty hun rat.

Good goalkeeper but absolute prick of a guy.

Perfect summary.

Since452
06-05-2019, 12:11 PM
If one man summed up Rangers Football club it's McGregor.

Hibbyradge
06-05-2019, 01:33 PM

:faf:

You're having a go at someone for knowing more than you!

Epic stuff!

Deansy
06-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Is McGregor still going out with that hideous 'woman' who was rumoured to have assaulted him ?. Could maybe explain his anger-issues ??

Hibernian Verse
06-05-2019, 02:01 PM
:faf:

You're having a go at someone for knowing more than you!

Epic stuff!I think the word you omitted was "roaster".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

EI255
06-05-2019, 02:08 PM
Same class as Morelos.

Govan class (= none)

O'Rourke3
06-05-2019, 02:48 PM
I was listening to the game on the car radio and my Mrs asked what's the matter with him. "He's F****** nuts with previous". It's not anger managment he needs but therapy.

He is also one of the two most prominent Scottish footballers who give away the fact that they have actually just committed a foul. When he does it he holds his leg and rolls about. The other is Shinnie who immediately holds his hand up and shakes a pointed finger.

southern hibby
06-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Genuine question. ( yes I am opening a can of worms here, but here goes )

Why can a young young lad who kicks a ball away receive a 100 days in jail and a ten year banning order from football. Yet a professional player ( who is supposed to be a roll model ) kick another
player and receive a red card?

To me this is a blatant miscarriage of justice. We accept as a society players acting like thugs but cannot allow young lads too. Surely ( not that it will happen ) if a player ended up jailed for 100 days and received a 10 year banning order then this would send out a message to players that they too are not above the law of the land.

Imagine loosing their job and wages because of a 10 year banning order? The shock waves it would send to these so called persistent players who
deliberately assault other players.

GGTTH

Since452
06-05-2019, 03:03 PM

Why can a young young lad who kicks a ball away receive a 100 days in jail and a ten year banning order from football. Yet a professional player ( who is supposed to be a roll model ) kick another

To me this is a blatant miscarriage of justice. We accept as a society players acting like thugs but cannot allow young lads too. Surely ( not that it will happen ) if a player ended up jailed for 100 days and received a 10 year banning order then this would send out a message to players that they too are not above the law of the land.

Imagine loosing their job and wages because of a 10 year banning order? The shock waves it would send to these so called persistent players who

GGTTH

Very good point

Hibbyradge
06-05-2019, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't want to see players jailed for assault during matches.

Football is a passionate game and there's a thin line between aggressive, but fair behaviour, and criminal assault.

Duncan Ferguson was jailed for headbutting John McStay and, although I understand why that happened, (previous assault convictions) I really don't think it's the right way to deal with that sort of incident in football.

What's more worrying is the fact that the referee didn't even send Ferguson off! :rolleyes:

Edit: I was trying to think of other incidents which could have merited police action and I remembered Suarez biting that Italian player then pretending that he'd hurt his teeth! :faf:

Sir David Gray
06-05-2019, 03:27 PM

GGTTH

I certainly think severe cases of assault by football players during matches should be dealt with by the police.

I don't think incidents like McGregor's yesterday should be dealt with like that. As much as it was certainly a red card, I wouldn't like to see someone jailed for doing what he did.

Smartie
06-05-2019, 05:39 PM

GGTTH

I'd say that much of this boils down the principle of "consent".

When a player takes to the field he consents to things happening that within reason might not happen "in the street" but are reasonable within a game of football. Hefty tackles, the odd elbow, the odd naughty challenge - they are all part of the game so players will accept it when they happen. The "if that happened in the street..." argument is often a bit of a straw man argument.

Ferguson's headbutt and various other assaults go a bit beyond that. No player reasonably consents to being head butted or decked as part of a normal game so for extreme incidents players will attract police interest.

Players when they take to the field do not consent to being accosted by fans. They don't know what sort of danger the fan might represent so there isn't really an appropriate way for a player to react to a fan being on the park. The fan knows he's not meant to be on the park and by getting up close to Tavernier he was asking for trouble. Making physical contact with anyone without their consent can be assault so you have to be careful.

McGregor's challenge was naughty, a clear red card and further evidence of how much of a dick the guy is but no way was that a police matter.

tamig
06-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Strange post.

tamig
06-05-2019, 05:59 PM
Had a look at the car crash that is Rangers Media and unsurprisingly no thread about his behaviour. Instead they are ripping in to a fellow fan for standing with SNP supporters. Vile club, vile players and vile fans.

A chunk of their support can’t stomach the notion of diversity in their fan base.

brianmc
06-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Just catching up on this thread for the first time since I posted last night. Wow. Some jaw droppingly stupid comments have appeared, posted by hibs98, having a personal go at me.
No problem. I'm not going to cry about an ignorant, faceless internet clown posting such guff. So in an effort to keep the thread on track I'll ask the aforementioned poster these questions:
If you don't know the laws of the game (you know they're not 'rules'....), How do you know what MacGregor did contravened any of the Laws??

Have you ever played football?
If yes, how did you manage to play a game you didn't understand?

I could go on, but I think most folk will get my point.

As an aside, it takes less time to Google IFAB Laws of the Game, then read the whole thing, than it does to read through this thread.

Sammy7nil
06-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Just catching up on this thread for the first time since I posted last night. Wow. Some jaw droppingly stupid comments have appeared, posted by hibs98, having a personal go at me.
No problem. I'm not going to cry about an ignorant, faceless internet clown posting such guff. So in an effort to keep the thread on track I'll ask the aforementioned poster these questions:
If you don't know the laws of the game (you know they're not 'rules'....), How do you know what MacGregor did contravened any of the Laws??

Have you ever played football?
If yes, how did you manage to play a game you didn't understand?

I could go on, but I think most folk will get my point.

As an aside, it takes less time to Google IFAB Laws of the Game, then read the whole thing, than it does to read through this thread.

Away and find a girlfriend :greengrin:wink::greengrin:wink:

Stokesy's on fire
06-05-2019, 07:38 PM
Great goal keeper but he has always been a mink