PDA

View Full Version : 13 points

SChibs
04-05-2019, 06:18 PM
We are 13 points behind last season's points haul. I think we'll pick up 4 points from the next three which would leave us 9 points off at the end of the campaign.

All things considered with us losing 3 of the best midfielders we've had in recent years and the manner in which we started the season it's not too bad. Put that with the long term injuries to the likes of Porteous and Boyle we have had a respectable season.

For clubs the size of Hibs it's hard to replace players of the quality the likes of Mcgeough, Mcginn, Efe, etc have. Sometimes it takes time to get back to the level we know Hibs can play at. 9 points and 1 place difference isn't a disaster with Rangers improving considerably and Kilmarnock breaking their points record. Aberdeen haven't been as good but they are still a very strong side in this league.

All in all I think if we can sign a few quality players in the summer we can continue to improve in the way we have since Hecky too over.

Since452
04-05-2019, 06:19 PM
We are 13 points behind last season's points haul. I think we'll pick up 4 points from the next three which would leave us 9 points off at the end of the campaign.

All things considered with us losing 3 of the best midfielders we've had in recent years and the manner in which we started the season it's not too bad. Put that with the long term injuries to the likes of Porteous and Boyle we have had a respectable season.

For clubs the size of Hibs it's hard to replace players of the quality the likes of Mcgeough, Mcginn, Efe, etc have. Sometimes it takes time to get back to the level we know Hibs can play at. 9 points and 1 place difference isn't a disaster with Rangers improving considerably and Kilmarnock breaking their points record. Aberdeen haven't been as good but they are still a very strong side in this league.

All in all I think if we can sign a few quality players in the summer we can continue to improve in the way we have since Hecky too over.

Incredible considering where we were when Hecky came in

Keith_M
04-05-2019, 06:43 PM

Yep, I think the difference would have been much greater without the "Hecky effect"

Mango Man
04-05-2019, 11:11 PM
Indeed, not too bad considering how it was all looking a few months back, I'm actually not that fussed for Europe next season either, would like Heckingbottom to have a proper pre season with the team and his new signings, Europe can be a bit chaotic for Scottish teams, because we go in so early.

pacorosssco
04-05-2019, 11:19 PM

Yes and the points we took end last season we wasted points both season Oct Nov dec

1875STEVE
05-05-2019, 01:12 AM

There was nowt wrong with the start, it was the middle that was the problem.

Sir David Gray
05-05-2019, 01:30 AM

Is that when Hearts won the league?

HibeeHibernian4
05-05-2019, 01:55 AM

If I'm being picky, though. There was still a problem with the start.

Our first four fixtures were:

Motherwell (H)
St Johnstone (A)
Aberdeen (H)
Livingston (A)

We picked up a pretty mediocre 5 points from 12.

We then won our next four games, a good win against Killie and then three wins against the bottom three teams who have been garbage.

Don't get me wrong, I'll never knock a Hibs win, but not winning those three games would've been ridiculous.

An incredibly kind run of fixtures meant we didn't have to play Celtic until 20th October, Hearts until the 31st and Rangers until 19th December.

We started quite well if you look at it on a purely points basis, but given how soft our fixtures were, we should've had at least 7 or 8 points from the first 12, but really more like 9 or 10. It was a crying shame that we didn't.