PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Hibs player's (or any footballer's) autograph you have?

G B Young
03-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Do folk still collect footballer's autographs? I still have a wee book somewhere that had the signatures of the late 70s team (not a vintage squad granted, but George Best is among the signatures!).

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Pat Stanton on his Testimonial programme.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-05-2019, 03:13 PM
Alan Shearer.

Biggie
03-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Graeme souness

Baader
03-05-2019, 03:21 PM
George Best from when he was at Hibs and Sauzee's from when I bumped into him on Princes St one night. Chatted about Hibs for 5 minutes and got his autograph. Was with his wife and was an absolute gentleman.

Got a signed Mixu top as well which I've been meaning to get framed for about 15 years!

Groathillgrump
03-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Kenny Dalglish

Bostonhibby
03-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Got a few but a personal one from the imperious Alan Gordon is my favourite. Still on the wall in our Hibs room.

More so because my jambo boss at the time got me it. Changed days.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190503/f56e681bfd29bd83f526626f94c55571.jpg

TomTheHibbyBev
03-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Mr Eddie Turnbull
On a birthday card :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Kenny Dalglish

I think that might be on my Stanton programme too. 👍

roc1
03-05-2019, 03:44 PM
Do folk still collect footballer's autographs? I still have a wee book somewhere that had the signatures of the late 70s team (not a vintage squad granted, but George Best is among the signatures!).

I have a Scottish Football book signed by all the Hibs 1967-1968 players. Including the main man Paddy 😁 means a lot

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2019, 03:47 PM
I think that might be on my Stanton programme too. 👍

My mum and dad got me Gareth Evans' autograph on a raffle ticket the night of his goal scoring debut, still got that too!

Here’s Lucy!
03-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Kevin Keegan.

Barman Stanton
03-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Hibs wise it would be George Best, Joe Baker, Laurie Reilly, Stanton and Sauzee.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-05-2019, 04:09 PM
100 years of Hibs - the '75 team signed.

Bostonhibby
03-05-2019, 04:13 PM
100 years of Hibs - the '75 team signed.We have a winner [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Slateford Hibee
03-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Got Ivan Sproule's on his hat trick top from Ibrox.

pollution
03-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Pat Stanton and Alan Gordon's at the cafe in the old Edinburgh Airport c 1974

Chris1
03-05-2019, 04:27 PM
I’ve got the teamsheet from the Scottish cup final signed by Stokes and David Gray. Got it about a week before stokes got punted luckily.

CMurdoch
03-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Hibs wise it would be George Best, Joe Baker, Laurie Reilly, Stanton and Sauzee.

Wow

SChibs
03-05-2019, 05:52 PM
I've got a signed top with the Championship winning team on it. Also got Daniel Anderssons top from the CIS cup semi signed by that team on my wall. Got an old autograph book with signatures for the 90s plus Lawrie Reillys in there too

The 90+2
03-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Sauzee Mowbray and Sir Dave.

Just Jimmy
03-05-2019, 06:27 PM
Pat Stanton
Eddie Turnbull
Lawrie Reilly
Franck Sauzee.

I've also got Dan Mario's but that's not Hibs related.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

madabouthibs
03-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Inherited a signed Joe Baker scrap book from my mum.
Eddie Turnbull signed his autobiography to me, birthday prezzie.
Ivan Sproule signed a birthday card for my daughter. Her wee face.... ❤️🇳🇬
Lewis Cup final photo, pride of place on my stairwell wall. ❤️

c31
03-05-2019, 06:59 PM
George Best signed an Embassy Regal packet for me, wishing me a happy 21st birthday...

SCHAEDYSHORTS
03-05-2019, 07:03 PM
In my lifetime, there have been 4 cup winning captains, Pat Stanton, Murdo MacLeod, Rob Jones & Sir David. I want to have framed pictures of them all on my office wall in memory of some of my greatest & proudest days as a Hibs fan. I have managed to obtain autographs of all apart from Murdo’s, never been able to get it, have even written to the radio station where does the football program but no luck. One day I might track it down.
I seen Rob in motor dealership I carry out work for in Teesside, where he now lives, had a lovely chat with him, top man. I left a mounted picture from the 2007 cup final for him to sign & the lads said he was genuinely humbled by the way it was made in his honour, which a I thought was amazing.

SJNB Hibby
03-05-2019, 07:07 PM
Johnny Macleod and Steve Kember

WoreTheGreen
03-05-2019, 07:13 PM
George Best signed an Embassy Regal packet for me, wishing me a happy 21st birthday...

George Best signed photo of GB at the bar in the Newington Inn

Northernhibee
03-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Got a Hibs shirt signed by Ian Murray, Robert Pires and Patrick Viera.

Dalianwanda
03-05-2019, 07:24 PM
I mind my mum getting a napkin signed for me by Kevin McKee when he was at a wedding in the old Eskdale Rooms in Musselburgh :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
03-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Pat Stanton on his Testimonial programme.

Lol brilliant

Iggy Pope
03-05-2019, 08:02 PM
I’ve got lots of stuff but some of my faves are...
A copy of 100 years of Hibs signed by a good number of that squad and Eddie Turnbull (who was always difficult to get in those days), Bobby Combe And Laurie Reilly, all collected by me as a young lad. I should really get around the rest of that 75 squad survivors while I still can.
Hibs v Third Lanark St Mungo cup tie programme 1951 autographed by Laurie Reilly.
Hibs v Torino programme 1961 signed by Denis Law.
A few programmes autographed by most of the Tornadoes again collected as a young pest.
I’ve got a 2nd copy of 100 Years of Hibs fully autographed by the 75 squad. This was given to me by a Hearts manager sadly now passed away. It was a gift to him from the club.
Centenary pennant signed by Arthur Duncan, Tony Higgins and Lindsay Muir (aye, him).
Cup Final teamsheet signed by a few, not all of them though.
Captains dinner menu signed by all four cup winning skippers.
George Best in my battered old Autograph book which also has a lot of Hibs (and other clubs) circa 1973-1980.
2002 squad home shirt signed in full.
Signed Hibs balls 1998, 2002, 2010.
Signed photo of Franck I got on his appreciation society day.
A charming postcard of the Oesters squad given to me by their manager Gunnar Nordahl that I also got fully autographed on the night of our UEFA Cup was game with them.
Hi-vis vest signed by John Collins when I was looking after the Fit Out at East Mains !

NHC :greengrin
London Calling LP autographed by all 4 of the Clash.
Setting Sons LP autographed by all 3 of The Jam.
Another Music In A Different Kitchen LP autographed by Shelley and Diggle of The Buzzcocks
Presence Dear 45 autographed by Debbie Harry and Clem Burke (same night as I got Georgie Best).

Barman Stanton
03-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Wow

The best one of those was Reilly. The pen broke in the middle of that autograph. So I had to hold it at the top while he held he bottom and signed it. Bizarre, but he wasn’t going to let me down for that autograph.

hibee
03-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Not a famous first team player but my kids played at the training centre on one of the Hibs kids days in December 2013.

They were given a Hibs water bottle and one of them spoke to David Paul and got him to sign it, he was there with Jason Cummings and both were great with the kids.

Sadly one week later David died in his sleep, the bottle is still on display in the house and has never been used.

LustForLeith
03-05-2019, 09:39 PM
On Gordon Raea testimonial programme I’m sure I got it signed by Gordon Smith, Gordon Strachan, Mark Hughes and Bobby Charlton.

I’ve also got one of only two balls signed by the entire Hibs team on the day of the 2016 Scottish Cup final

hibeg
03-05-2019, 10:03 PM
Joe Baker on the Hibs v Peebles Rovers programme where Joe scored 9 goals

southern hibby
04-05-2019, 12:46 AM
Got a shirt signed by the winners of the Scottish cup 2016. Bidded for it in a raffle and won it, couldn’t believe it was over the moon and still am.

GGTTH

Austinho
04-05-2019, 01:21 AM
Got Martin Boyle, Jamie Maclaren and Mark Milligan when they played for Australia recently. Got a framed signed shirt with Derek Riordan, Lewis Stevenson, Stokes, Benji, Zemmama, Nish and a load of ours I can’t make out. Got the whole squad from mid 90’s including Alex Miller, Darren Jackson, Kevin Harper, Pat McGinlay et al.

Got Bobby Johnstone’s.

Also got the whole Man United squad from mid 90s including Sir Alex Ferguson, David Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Andy Cole and er Karol Paborsky.

FilipinoHibs
04-05-2019, 02:54 AM
Frank Sauzee on my Frank Sauzee Hibs top.

bigwheel
04-05-2019, 06:11 AM
I’ve got lots of stuff but some of my faves are...
A copy of 100 years of Hibs signed by a good number of that squad and Eddie Turnbull (who was always difficult to get in those days), Bobby Combe And Laurie Reilly, all collected by me as a young lad. I should really get around the rest of that 75 squad survivors while I still can.
Hibs v Third Lanark St Mungo cup tie programme 1951 autographed by Laurie Reilly.
Hibs v Torino programme 1961 signed by Denis Law.
A few programmes autographed by most of the Tornadoes again collected as a young pest.
I’ve got a 2nd copy of 100 Years of Hibs fully autographed by the 75 squad. This was given to me by a Hearts manager sadly now passed away. It was a gift to him from the club.
Centenary pennant signed by Arthur Duncan, Tony Higgins and Lindsay Muir (aye, him).
Cup Final teamsheet signed by a few, not all of them though.
Captains dinner menu signed by all four cup winning skippers.
George Best in my battered old Autograph book which also has a lot of Hibs (and other clubs) circa 1973-1980.
2002 squad home shirt signed in full.
Signed Hibs balls 1998, 2002, 2010.
Signed photo of Franck I got on his appreciation society day.
A charming postcard of the Oesters squad given to me by their manager Gunnar Nordahl that I also got fully autographed on the night of our UEFA Cup was game with them.
Hi-vis vest signed by John Collins when I was looking after the Fit Out at East Mains !

NHC :greengrin
London Calling LP autographed by all 4 of the Clash.
Setting Sons LP autographed by all 3 of The Jam.
Another Music In A Different Kitchen LP autographed by Shelley and Diggle of The Buzzcocks
Presence Dear 45 autographed by Debbie Harry and Clem Burke (same night as I got Georgie Best).

some nice stuff there....

Galahibby
04-05-2019, 07:36 AM
I have a shirt signed by Franck Sauzee, a scrap of paper my dad got Pat Stanton to sign for me, and my cup final ticket and programme signed by Sir David 💚

James70
04-05-2019, 07:55 AM
I've got autographs of the Manchester United team 1965-66 including Best, Law, Charlton and Matt Busby. I waited at the players entrance during school holidays as they were arriving for training.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-05-2019, 08:01 AM
My brother won a signed football at a church jumble sale.

The team - Rangers side with Gascoine, Laudrup, Steven, Stevens, et al - essentially the best group of players they ever had (past tense RIP)

He doesn’t even like football and I wouldn’t be surprised if the ball is in my mums attic or it got put into another jumble sale without realising its worth...0

oneone73
04-05-2019, 08:19 AM
A framed picture of SDG celebrating THAT goal signed by Sir David himself, wishing me a happy 60th birthday.

southsider
04-05-2019, 08:23 AM
100 years of Hibs - the '75 team signed.
I have that book too. To me from the great PS. Its 44 years old now.

Aalborg Hibs
04-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Lawrie Reilly and Pat Stanton on a couple of Ted Brack's books.
Jimi Boco on a ticket stub from a Hertz game at Tiny. My da met him at the St James Centre after he'd been at a Hertz game with my wee cousin and that was all he had in his pocket.

wpj
04-05-2019, 09:02 AM
I have a signed shirt from around 2005, not sure whose all the signatures are, may post a pic later and see if anyone recognises them.
I think it was Tam McCourt that gave it to a contractor, he was a hun so gave it to his partner who gave it to me for my 40th. Like a previous poster I have been planning to frame it for years. I have a signed photo from Pat but despite meeting him a few times I got it from the internet with a George Best one (unsigned but a classic photo)

Lancs Harp
04-05-2019, 09:05 AM
Stanley Matthews and Tom Finney

Pretty Boy
04-05-2019, 09:09 AM
The Scottish Cup final programme signed by David Gray.

I also have a copy of the order of service for the 1975 centenary dinner held in the North British Hotel signed by all of the Famous Five, Joe Baker and Pat Stanton amongst others. I think it's in my old room at my parents.

ancient hibee
04-05-2019, 10:17 AM
I collected quite a few in the mid 1950s-Hibs,Hearts a few other teams,one or two English clubs.Kids used to run on the field at the end of the game and try to get some and then go to the back of the stand.

I suppose in a way my most famous one is a guy called Bill Voce.At the time he was an MCC coach and was playing in an anniversary game in Edinburgh.He was famous for being Harold Larwood's fast bowling partner in the Bodyline Ashes series which just about caused riots in Australia and a breakdown in diplomatic relations.

hfc rd
04-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Hibs player would be Franck Sauzée

Non Hibs would be Ronaldinho, Sir Alex Ferguson & Lionel Messi

The little one has got an autograph and photo with both John McGinn & David Gray. Has it stuck up on his bedroom wall.

heretoday
04-05-2019, 11:17 AM
George Best and Jock Stein when he was manager.

.Sean.
04-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Used to get autographs every week when I wee and sat in the old family enclosure in the West from 1996 until it was demolished, the programmes are all in the attic in my parents so can dig them out, I’ll have most of the big names from that era, I’ve certainly got Latapy and Sauzee as I can mind gettting them. Can remember FS patting me on the heed and refusing to wash my hair for about a fortnight :greengrin

I have a signed ball from season 1997/1998, got it the Xmas before we were relegated.

Have my Persevered T-shirt and cup final programme signed by the full squad bar a few glaring omissions - Henderson, Stokes, Stubbs, Doolan and Holden. I used to work beside the grandfather of a first team player and he took it into training and got it signed for me. Keep meaning to get it framed but it’ll annoy the life out of me that some of the signatures are missing.

My bird got me this seasons signed home top in an auction at a charity night, that’ll be getting framed and put up in the flat sooner rather than later as I could look at the current home top all day long, beautiful.

Frogga
04-05-2019, 01:45 PM
The Scottish Cup final programme signed by David Gray.

I also have a copy of the order of service for the 1975 centenary dinner held in the North British Hotel signed by all of the Famous Five, Joe Baker and Pat Stanton amongst others. I think it's in my old room at my parents.I got my SC Final programme autographed by SDG also. My fiance thinks it's my most prized possession (which it may well be...).

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

hibby6270
04-05-2019, 04:48 PM
I’ve got 2x copies of the “100 Years of Hibs 1875-1975” books signed but 2 different sets of players.

The first one I bought when it was released in 1975 and queued up at James Thins in South Bridge to get it signed. The second one I picked up relatively cheap on eBay a few years ago for a few quid (tenner I think?).

Didn’t realise at the time in 1975 that the players were set up in 2 (maybe 3) different bookshops in city centre, otherwise I’d have gone to each shop to have just one book signed.

If only there had been internet or email or social media notifications back in ‘75. :greengrin

CLASS OF 72 -73
04-05-2019, 09:14 PM
1970 Massys baker Saughton mains Jimmy O'Rourke 6 well fired rolls signed on the packet! I was 10:flag:

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-05-2019, 10:00 PM
Lawrie Reilly who signed my programme when he sat at my table at hospitality a few years back.

DH1875
04-05-2019, 11:17 PM
I dont have autographs but I do have a good few photos with me and supposedly famous people/footballers. I'm not posting any links before anyone asks but have met:

Yogi.
Crunchie.
Keith Wright.
Darren Jackson.
Michael O'Neil.
Super Joe.
Gordon Hunter.
Scott Brown.
Super Leigh.
Jorge Claros.
Garry O.
Jim Leighton.
Stuart Lovell.
Latapy.
and Kenny Miller.

fulshie
05-05-2019, 01:37 PM
Hibs - Pat Stanton. Other - Kenny Dalglish.

StirlingHibee
05-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Ronaldo (Brazilian Striker). Going into the 2002 World Cup Brazil were long odds (11-1) to win. I thought they were crazy odds and put £500 on. Brazil beat Turkey 2-1 in the opening group match but showed everybody they had more than a decent team and were a real threat. The odds tumbled after that game. After they won the final I bought a "autographed" framed picture of Ronaldo scoring in the final from a dealer in Spain.