03-05-2019, 01:37 AM
Have you ever won a trophy craig levein
Have you ever won a trophy craig levein have you
ever won a trophy
ever won a trophy
ever won a trophy craig levein have you ****21968

Carheenlea
03-05-2019, 05:30 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/vBBmfs5Q/C54840-CE-B026-4-E7-A-901-B-C6-D42875-A4-DF.jpg (https://postimg.cc/4KDZRj8M)

BILLYHIBS
03-05-2019, 06:44 AM
https://youtu.be/iTEgsQz-Muw

:faf:

PatHead
03-05-2019, 06:59 AM
Forgot it was only 7 minutes to go. Oh how sad for them, 😭. So near yet so much enjoyment for us.

Bostonhibby
03-05-2019, 07:41 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/vBBmfs5Q/C54840-CE-B026-4-E7-A-901-B-C6-D42875-A4-DF.jpg (https://postimg.cc/4KDZRj8M)[emoji16]

The guy in the middle of the first picture worked with me and was a friend back in the day. Not a rabid yam at all but got caught up in all the double winning hype of the time.

Interesting to see the wee red hand flag on the greetin faced guy next to hims scarf. Did Sevco lose as well?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
03-05-2019, 07:56 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/vBBmfs5Q/C54840-CE-B026-4-E7-A-901-B-C6-D42875-A4-DF.jpg (https://postimg.cc/4KDZRj8M)What's wally saying to the exuberant guy in the last picture? I'm going for

Yes, we were resting Craig for the cup final.

Itsnoteasy
03-05-2019, 08:13 AM
They had the best sponsor that year.
MITA.

MITA won this MITA won that.

Or

MITA WIN £c[k all.

One Day Soon
03-05-2019, 08:15 AM

That David Francey radio commentary is just a joy. Can't stop laughing at the whole thing, a gift that just never stops giving. :faf:

Gutted they were compensated by winning the Cup that year though.

Col2
03-05-2019, 08:18 AM
I spotted on twitter a soundcloud recording of the super scoreboard commentary that day. It’s brilliant!!

They talk about Campbell money not being in goal (40 year old Jim Stewart played for first time that season) and Steve Clarke not playing. Both unexpectedly injured or unavailable.

I can’t do links but maybe someone else can. Search #albertkiddday

The commentators even said “unlucky hearts but you didn’t turn up and you froze in most important day.....but at least you still have the cup final to look forward to” 😂😂😂

Hibernia&Alba
03-05-2019, 09:39 AM
I hope the great man enjoys his anniversary. It would be an honour to buy him a pint to celebrate.

Since452
03-05-2019, 09:43 AM
That bottle job kicked off a stream of bottle jobs for Hearts that is still going to this day. Pleasing. In saying that the they not bottle the league in the 60's too?

Smartie
03-05-2019, 09:46 AM
What's wally saying to the exuberant guy in the last picture? I'm going for

"You're asking me what I've done? I've spent the last 48 hours chapping on the cludgie door - my knuckles are red raw. I believe him, he's not well. I could smell it. And it's not up to me to check the dates on his Scotch eggs and cans of Quattro. Today was not to be, but one day we'll be talking about how this day spurred the like of Gary MacKay and Craig Levein to go on and will all those medals, and it will all have been worth it."

Bostonhibby
03-05-2019, 09:49 AM
"You're asking me what I've done? I've spent the last 48 hours chapping on the cludgie door - my knuckles are red raw. I believe him, he's not well. I could smell it. And it's not up to me to check the dates on his Scotch eggs and cans of Quattro. Today was not to be, but one day we'll be talking about how this day spurred the like of Gary MacKay and Craig Levein to go on and will all those medals, and it will all have been worth it."[emoji23]

Smartie
03-05-2019, 10:16 AM

"Where do we go from here? Well, I suppose I'm going to have to go to the phone box to phone the wife and tell her I'm going to be home for tea after all."

Carheenlea
03-05-2019, 10:33 AM
That bottle job kicked off a stream of bottle jobs for Hearts that is still going to this day. Pleasing. In saying that the they not bottle the league in the 60's too?

Kilmarnock won the league on goal average over Hearts in 1965. It was changed to goal difference by 1986 for Celtic’s title win.
I just hope had it been the other way round on both occasions Hearts had the more favourable stats.

HibeeHibernian4
03-05-2019, 11:21 AM
What a day it was and one I'll always remember fondly.

All their "hibsed it" talk back in 2016 (before we went and won the Scottish Cup in the greatest and most spectacular fashion imaginable) was a coping mechanism for them blowing the chance of immortality by winning the double, or even just the league.

No number of tainted Scottish Cup in the Mercer/Robinson/Romanov years, bought with money they didn't have, can eradicate their pain from that day at Dens Park. Cheer up Craig Levein.

FilipinoHibs
03-05-2019, 11:37 AM

Yes 65 at home to Killie. As long as they lost by no more than 1-0 the league was theres. They lost 2-0. Goal average then. Using goal difference they would have won it.

matty_f
03-05-2019, 11:37 AM

"Craig said he had a sore tummy and that he's been sat on the pot all day. No, we're not saying he bottled it, there is every chance that it's a virus that only he is suffering from..."

Kojock
03-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Remember it well we lost 1-2 to Dundee Utd the same day. The scenes at ER when the news filtered thro from Dens were incredible. After the game I spoke to Eamon Bannan in Scotties and he said the players were totally confused as Utd had just scored to make it 1-2 and the Hibs fans were going mental.

tamig
03-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Don’t forget Sandy Clark’s card.

Onceinawhile
03-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Kilmarnock won the league on goal average over Hearts in 1965. It was changed to goal difference by 1986 for Celtic’s title win.
I just hope had it been the other way round on both occasions Hearts had the more favourable stats.

Yes. Hearts would have won in 65 if it was goal difference. Hearts would also have won in 86 if it was goal average. :agree::agree:

FilipinoHibs
03-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Yes. Hearts would have won in 65 if it was goal difference. Hearts would also have won in 86 if it was goal average. :agree::agree:

You know the gods are with us!

JimBHibees
03-05-2019, 02:04 PM
"You're asking me what I've done? I've spent the last 48 hours chapping on the cludgie door - my knuckles are red raw. I believe him, he's not well. I could smell it. And it's not up to me to check the dates on his Scotch eggs and cans of Quattro. Today was not to be, but one day we'll be talking about how this day spurred the like of Gary MacKay and Craig Levein to go on and will all those medals, and it will all have been worth it."

:faf::faf::not worth

Hibernia&Alba
03-05-2019, 02:10 PM

One of the greatest posts in .net history. Few have brought me such happiness. :greengrin

03-05-2019, 04:13 PM

Ha ha" cludgie", great word.

To the Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus tune.

Wallace Mercer, Ann Budgie
Craig Levein's stuck in the cludgie

JimBHibees
03-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Ha ha" cludgie", great word.

To the Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus tune.

Wallace Mercer, Ann Budgie
Craig Levein's stuck in the cludgie

:greengrin

zitelli62
03-05-2019, 07:33 PM
Never knew Bobby ball was a hearts man or is it Albert Kidd taking the p*** in the last picture.

hfc rd
03-05-2019, 07:41 PM
Wasn’t born when this happened.

Was a draw good enough for them or did they simply have to win?

Wish I witnessed it 😁

Hibernia&Alba
03-05-2019, 07:45 PM

Wish I witnessed it 😁

Just needed a draw, with seven minutes left. It doesn't get any better. I was just a kid and vividly remember my dad and grandad going to the shop for bevy that night :greengrin

Siralbertkidd
03-05-2019, 08:38 PM

Wish I witnessed it 😁

Yes, at the time there was a song called Amadeus, they changed it to sing a draw'll dae us.

Newry Hibs
03-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Does anyone remember the t-shirt you could get. It was just his hair and tache. No name afaik. So you'd have to know what it was, like some sort of club.

Deansy
03-05-2019, 10:50 PM

If only there was video of Easter Road that day (v Dundee Utd) so we could re-live the effect that broadcast had - some of the finest celebrating I've ever witnessed ! If memory serves, Joe Tortolano was driving into their box, leg pulled back to fire in an almost certain goal when all of a sudden, Easter Road erupted, just went wild - so wild/loud Tortolano paused, giving Utd the chance to nick the ball off his foot, run upfield and score - and not one solitary ounce of ****** was given (well, apart from the Dun Utd end maybe) by anyone in Green & White !

I might be wrong but I'm almost certain that it was the Jambos themselves who lobbied the most for the change - had it been the same rules as the season before, the Jambos would've won it !

HibeeHibernian4
04-05-2019, 12:15 AM
I might be wrong but I'm almost certain that it was the Jambos themselves who lobbied the most for the change - had it been the same rules as the season before, the Jambos would've won it !

You're right that it was changed in part because of Hearts' complaints, but it happened quite soon after 1965, I think.

Simply put...

1965: Hearts would've won the league on Goal Difference, but lost it on Goal Average.

1966-1985: Goal Average gets replaced by Goal Difference, as Hearts wished.

1986: Hearts would've won the league on Goal Average, but lost it on Goal Difference.

:lolyam:

Mibbes Aye
04-05-2019, 12:50 AM
Pedantic about the thread title here, but for me it was always Saint Albert, rather than Sir Albert. That saves the knighthood for SDG :agree:

It doesn't matter much anyway. I'm in my caravan burning a spoon and regretting the lack of peg sales today.

What embitters me most is that they have that memory of their special day yesterday, winning the league against all odds.

And worse, that anticipation, expectation, sniff of joy of winning the Cup and doing the Double!

It will be a quiet, remorseful week for me.

The Baldmans Comb
04-05-2019, 07:37 AM
I haven't watched these highlights in years but Albert Kidd's 2nd goal was a thing of great beauty under any circumstances.

Nice to see our former manager Duff Jimmy playing for Dundee and how pathetic was the Hearts fans attempted pitch invasion at full time.

Its often forgotten that Dundee were a very good team and a win was important to them that day as they were fighting for a UEFA cup place.

Arise Sir Albert and thank you.