PDA

View Full Version : Touch Windae!

Fanforlife
02-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Does anyone on here remember this physical assault time passer on way home from away games on the old I.E.C Hibs bus?I've still got some of the bruises 😂

Auckland Hibs
02-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Remember them well.

Also recall someone climbing out the bus front sunroof and crawling to the back sunroof whilst driving at 80mph along the M8

You could write a book about the I.E.C bus.

I'm Spartacus
02-05-2019, 11:03 AM
Remember them well.

Also recall someone climbing out the bus front sunroof and crawling to the back sunroof whilst driving at 80mph along the M8

You could write a book about the I.E.C bus.

No way! Mental :)

southern hibby
02-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Me and my mate Gordon went on this bus. Was there that day and it’s true a nutter did go on the roof.

also the strippers to an away game but that’s another story.

I won touch back Windae once as I got in the old overhead rack and crawled along it touched windae and won. My reward was a good quality pile on for being a cheating bar steward.

Was on this bus to Milwall and another time for some reason and don’t ask me why we ended up in Harrogate near Leeds for a weekend of fun with no reason but just a piss up.

lots of other story’s too but what goes on tour stays on tour 😉

GGTTH

Carheenlea
02-05-2019, 11:19 AM
The Touch Windae game and it’s rules is going to need to be explained to some of us :greengrin

southern hibby
02-05-2019, 11:25 AM
The Touch Windae game and it’s rules is going to need to be explained to some of us :greengrin

If i remember correctly it started with the younger ones trying to get the back of the bus and the older ones defending it like mad. Rules were simple of one of the youngsters got to touch the back windae we got the back of the bus until the older lot touched it. Anything went ( within reason ) and as the person starting this thread said bruises did happen often.

GGTTH

Auckland Hibs
02-05-2019, 11:33 AM

Pretty much think about a game of British Bulldogs on a bus - team at the back of the bus defending the back window with the front of the bus team trying to touch the back window.

Throw in a broom, beer and the occasional bottle of Benylin.

Good times.

Fanforlife
02-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Benylin from the Benylin kid 😂Guys have described touch windae to a T.Had to stop it after Irish Sean ribs got broken.Ran the bus for years with Stevie H. Harrogate was to meet up with the Harrogate Hibs boys. Milwall &Aston Villa were fun trips😂😂The Belgium endurance trips were as well but knocked the F out of you.😂😂

I'm_cabbaged
03-05-2019, 08:21 AM
Benylin from the Benylin kid 😂Guys have described touch windae to a T.Had to stop it after Irish Sean ribs got broken.Ran the bus for years with Stevie H. Harrogate was to meet up with the Harrogate Hibs boys. Milwall &Aston Villa were fun trips😂😂The Belgium endurance trips were as well but knocked the F out of you.😂😂

Aye it was some bus!! Poor on pub recommendations in Govan when I never had a ticket for Ibrox though, we had to phone the polis to get oot the place!!!

Flanny boy
03-05-2019, 03:10 PM
I was a regular attender on the I.e.c bus back in the day, very eventful 😂 and the touch windai was for the rough and ready boys lol. Some great guys on there, great hibees and a few radges thrown in for good measure. Thanks for the memories boys. GGTTH

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2019, 03:16 PM
Never got that sort of naughtiness on Maude's bus! 😀

Fanforlife
03-05-2019, 05:24 PM
I was a regular attender on the I.e.c bus back in the day, very eventful 😂 and the touch windai was for the rough and ready boys lol. Some great guys on there, great hibees and a few radges thrown in for good measure. Thanks for the memories boys. GGTTHAw right Flanny, long time no see m8.GGTTH.C

Flanny boy
03-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Aw right Flanny, long time no see m8.GGTTH.C

Hi cha hope you are well pal and yes its been a long time. Ps there will never be another IEC bus mate. Glory Glory