PDA

View Full Version : KP update

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Power
01-05-2019, 07:08 PM
It’s been a month since the Hibs supporters representative result and I just wanted to give you a quickfire update of what I’ve been up to.

I haven’t attended any board meetings as of yet (there’s lots going on at the club at the moment as we approach season end and summer activity ramping up).

I’ve met new faces and people within the support over the last 5 games - in and out of the ground - it’s going to be a barry test of my memory skills.

Inside the club, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting lots of good, hardworking individuals - bottom to top - people that juggle a number of priorities to make sure Hibernian is the best experience for us all. It’s an infectious work ethic - I keep reminding those I speak to tae shout if they need any support.

I’ve sent an email out to all the HSA branches to begin the working partnership that I’ve also began on social media. If you are a secretary or chair of a group that hasn’t heard from me do get in touch. Club email is now up and running should ANYONE need it - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

I’m still available through the channels people have used already - forums, social media and direct messages. I’ve been able to help around 20 supporters so far on a number of points (ticket solutions, finance alternatives, disabled access queries, away match escalations and more). It’s great to help on those matters and I’m looking forward to finding out about the higher level improvement suggestions and commonalities before passing them on to the club.

I was very fortunate to receive an invite to attend the Hibs Player of the Year event at the Corn Exchange on Sunday. Top night and well organised. I’ve made a donation of £99 to the fantastic https://leithlinks4kids.com/ initiative to cover the cost of the ticket given to me. Leith Links was set up in June 2013 with the aim of helping children AND supporting Hibs, by collecting donations so additional Kicks for Kids season tickets could be purchased.

I attended my first Working Together group two days ago. I was keen to listen to the experience and knowledge in attendance. I won’t take the shine away from the forthcoming minutes but it was great to hear about our season ticket numbers, stadium concourse & Behind the Goals improvement ideas and our enhanced Digital communications. Next Meeting is Monday May 27th 6:30pm at the stadium, which I’ll chair.

Once I get more involved I’ll keep the updates coming.

Gies’ a shout any time I can help. Hibs related or not.

KP

J-C
01-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the update keep up the good work.

CapitalGreen
01-05-2019, 07:35 PM
Hi Kieran. Congrats on the new position. At the end of last week it was mentioned that fans who could not get the instalment plan sorted through V12 would be contacted about alternative arrangements, do you know when this is likely to happen?

DaveF
01-05-2019, 07:35 PM
Appreciate the update. Look forward to this being a regular thing.

Power
01-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Hi Kieran. Congrats on the new position. At the end of last week it was mentioned that fans who could not get the instalment plan sorted through V12 would be contacted about alternative arrangements, do you know when this is likely to happen?

Good question, the club have a list and there’s nothing further for people to do other than wait for the ticket office to contact. Initial hope was within the next fortnight.

Danderhall Hibs
01-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Good update mate. Keep them coming.

FranckSuzy
02-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Thank you for your generous donation, KP 👍 Hibs class 💚

The 90+2
02-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Good man Kieran. 👍

Diclonius
02-05-2019, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the update!

Since452
02-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Any plans to meet with the singing section on possible relocation?

SquashedFrogg
02-05-2019, 06:11 PM
Good question, the club have a list and there’s nothing further for people to do other than wait for the ticket office to contact. Initial hope was within the next fortnight.

Got an email through from the club today. Suggesting something will be in place within 5-10 days.

Not sure if anyone else did.

Power
02-05-2019, 06:44 PM
Any plans to meet with the singing section on possible relocation?

I ken a few in that group, I’ll be meeting most groups over the next two years. Relationships between the signing section and the club are well established (it looks to me), absolutely would help both sides.

Peevemor
02-05-2019, 07:07 PM
Cheers KP.

Thanks for the post. I'm pleased that it seems to be all positive for you so far.

Newhaven
02-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Good update KP.

Congruence
02-05-2019, 07:45 PM
It’s been a month since the Hibs supporters representative result and I just wanted to give you a quickfire update of what I’ve been up to.

I haven’t attended any board meetings as of yet (there’s lots going on at the club at the moment as we approach season end and summer activity ramping up).

I’ve met new faces and people within the support over the last 5 games - in and out of the ground - it’s going to be a barry test of my memory skills.

Inside the club, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting lots of good, hardworking individuals - bottom to top - people that juggle a number of priorities to make sure Hibernian is the best experience for us all. It’s an infectious work ethic - I keep reminding those I speak to tae shout if they need any support.

I’ve sent an email out to all the HSA branches to begin the working partnership that I’ve also began on social media. If you are a secretary or chair of a group that hasn’t heard from me do get in touch. Club email is now up and running should ANYONE need it - kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

I’m still available through the channels people have used already - forums, social media and direct messages. I’ve been able to help around 20 supporters so far on a number of points (ticket solutions, finance alternatives, disabled access queries, away match escalations and more). It’s great to help on those matters and I’m looking forward to finding out about the higher level improvement suggestions and commonalities before passing them on to the club.

I was very fortunate to receive an invite to attend the Hibs Player of the Year event at the Corn Exchange on Sunday. Top night and well organised. I’ve made a donation of £99 to the fantastic https://leithlinks4kids.com/ initiative to cover the cost of the ticket given to me. Leith Links was set up in June 2013 with the aim of helping children AND supporting Hibs, by collecting donations so additional Kicks for Kids season tickets could be purchased.

I attended my first Working Together group two days ago. I was keen to listen to the experience and knowledge in attendance. I won’t take the shine away from the forthcoming minutes but it was great to hear about our season ticket numbers, stadium concourse & Behind the Goals improvement ideas and our enhanced Digital communications. Next Meeting is Monday May 27th 6:30pm at the stadium, which I’ll chair.

Once I get more involved I’ll keep the updates coming.

Gies’ a shout any time I can help. Hibs related or not.

KP

Nice one Kieran:flag:

Power
30-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Another quickfire update of what I’ve been up to since my last update post on the 1st of May.

May has been a quiet month despite having three league games (feels like an age ago already that those were played).

Only thing to note from those fixtures - Myself and Tracey met with Hibs to ensure the right level of security was in place for us visiting Ibrox on Sunday 5th May (Hibs would then meet counterparts and other parties ahead of the game). The ‘Hibs only’ zone between the car park and the away turnstiles (entering from Broomloan Road on foot) worked ok the last time – it was fed back we would want access to the toilets at full time, car park checks and the desire not to spend as long in the car park as our previous visit in December. Both our visits had Celtic visiting Ibrox soon after, so it will be interesting to see if this continues next season.

I’m now familiar with most people in the club and I can now fully support any urgent escalations confidently. Definitely here to flag positives, improvements and objective criticisms from valuable supporter insights in the June board meeting and beyond.

There has been a number of quick wins over the last month, the fans and club have been great finding solutions. Commonalities flagged from a selection of supporters (not on behalf of all); HSL needing more official club endorsement, Focus on Unacceptable conduct from visiting supporters to Easter Road, Matchday Experience improvements (Atmosphere, PA System, Catering, Seating, Stadium refresh), supporting fans with seat moves and supporting fans with season ticket purchase. The club is aware of all of these.

No Working Together Meeting this month – end of season and staff holidays kicking in. Those that do attend will be aware of the small changes the club is trying to make over the summer (paint, signage, smarten-up and refresh) to make the matchday experience better for those that call Easter Road their home – I’ll not steal the clubs communication thunder but there is some great ideas floating about on instant fixes for the look and feel of the place. More to come.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339797-Which-Improvements-Would-You-Like-To-See-Most-At-ER - This was an interesting thread here - none of these suggestions would be a surprise to the club - some of the suggestions are definitely on the clubs improvement list medium to long term as budget allows.

Some fantastic work by Hibs to get a 4 month payment plan option, interest free, with V12 out today - caught me by surprise - www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9997 - this wasn't looking like an option this year with V12 - as far as I was aware earlier in the week - so the club have pulled out all the stops to get this over the line for us.

Had the great pleasure of attending The Changing Room on Monday 27th May at Easter Road stadium. This initiative is run by Scottish Association for Mental Health and backed by the club. It was a great session and one I took a lot from personally – I’ve had my troubles in the past. Really good to connect with other Hibs fans in our environment talking about mental health, techniques and supporting one another. Fans are free to come in on drop-in sessions they run and there is a 12 week course they run too – www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9981

Mental Health Awareness is something I’m passionate about, if I can help any one at any time just message. My focus for the next couple of weeks (outside work and Hibs) is to condition myself to cycle round Arthur Seat for 24hours starting on June 22nd to help continue raising awareness of the importance of good mental health – bit more detail here www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kp24hours any Hibs fan with a bike fancy joining for a bit? Ken where I’ll be.

I’ve made a donation of £35 this month to Street Soccer Scotland for an event I attended on behalf of the club. Street Soccer Scotland welcome people from a variety of socially disadvantaged backgrounds, the aim is to create purpose, hope and relationships using football to support people on their journey to security and happiness. more can be found here https://streetsoccerscotland.org/

I’m available here (tag, PM), social media, face to face and direct messages. Gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP

Diclonius
30-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update Kieran, much appreciated!

Carheenlea
30-05-2019, 07:08 PM
Appreciate the update and keeping us informed in this manner.

traceyhibs
30-05-2019, 07:19 PM
Another quickfire update of what I’ve been up to since my last update post on the 1st of May.

May has been a quiet month despite having three league games (feels like an age ago already that those were played).

Only thing to note from those fixtures - Myself and Tracey met with Hibs to ensure the right level of security was in place for us visiting Ibrox on Sunday 5th May (Hibs would then meet counterparts and other parties ahead of the game). The ‘Hibs only’ zone between the car park and the away turnstiles (entering from Broomloan Road on foot) worked ok the last time – it was fed back we would want access to the toilets at full time, car park checks and the desire not to spend as long in the car park as our previous visit in December. Both our visits had Celtic visiting Ibrox soon after, so it will be interesting to see if this continues next season.

I’m now familiar with most people in the club and I can now fully support any urgent escalations confidently. Definitely here to flag positives, improvements and objective criticisms from valuable supporter insights in the June board meeting and beyond.

There has been a number of quick wins over the last month, the fans and club have been great finding solutions. Commonalities flagged from a selection of supporters (not on behalf of all); HSL needing more official club endorsement, Focus on Unacceptable conduct from visiting supporters to Easter Road, Matchday Experience improvements (Atmosphere, PA System, Catering, Seating, Stadium refresh), supporting fans with seat moves and supporting fans with season ticket purchase. The club is aware of all of these.

No Working Together Meeting this month – end of season and staff holidays kicking in. Those that do attend will be aware of the small changes the club is trying to make over the summer (paint, signage, smarten-up and refresh) to make the matchday experience better for those that call Easter Road their home – I’ll not steal the clubs communication thunder but there is some great ideas floating about on instant fixes for the look and feel of the place. More to come.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339797-Which-Improvements-Would-You-Like-To-See-Most-At-ER - This was an interesting thread here - none of these suggestions would be a surprise to the club - some of the suggestions are definitely on the clubs improvement list medium to long term as budget allows.

Some fantastic work by Hibs to get a 4 month payment plan option, interest free, with V12 out today - caught me by surprise - www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9997 - this wasn't looking like an option this year with V12 - as far as I was aware earlier in the week - so the club have pulled out all the stops to get this over the line for us.

Had the great pleasure of attending The Changing Room on Monday 27th May at Easter Road stadium. This initiative is run by Scottish Association for Mental Health and backed by the club. It was a great session and one I took a lot from personally – I’ve had my troubles in the past. Really good to connect with other Hibs fans in our environment talking about mental health, techniques and supporting one another. Fans are free to come in on drop-in sessions they run and there is a 12 week course they run too – www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9981

Mental Health Awareness is something I’m passionate about, if I can help any one at any time just message. My focus for the next couple of weeks (outside work and Hibs) is to condition myself to cycle round Arthur Seat for 24hours starting on June 22nd to help continue raising awareness of the importance of good mental health – bit more detail here www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kp24hours any Hibs fan with a bike fancy joining for a bit? Ken where I’ll be.

I’ve made a donation of £35 this month to Street Soccer Scotland for an event I attended on behalf of the club. Street Soccer Scotland welcome people from a variety of socially disadvantaged backgrounds, the aim is to create purpose, hope and relationships using football to support people on their journey to security and happiness. more can be found here https://streetsoccerscotland.org/

I’m available here (tag, PM), social media, face to face and direct messages. Gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP

Great update KP. Really enjoyed working with you over the past month or so and great to get a different perspective on things.

Cheers

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
30-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Well played on the update KP. Thanks mate

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Thanks for posting an update, mate, and it seems you're enjoying the role, which is great. Well done on that donation too.:agree::top marks

Mon Dieu4
30-05-2019, 08:08 PM
Well done bud, you have already worked miracles, Andy G has a season ticket for next year now!

McD
30-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the detailed update KP, I’d also like to add, I really like that you add in some of your personal thoughts and experiences too, it makes what you have to say much more interesting, valuable, and human, than just a list of things you have to share.

great work :aok:

jabis
30-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Cheers,enjoy your updates.

LustForLeith
30-05-2019, 08:23 PM

KP

Great update mate and good to see you at the Changing Room on Monday 👍

Neil

Peevemor
30-05-2019, 08:27 PM
Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed. Continue like that and I'm sure you'll change a few doubters opinion on the worth of having fans' reps.

Nicho87
30-05-2019, 08:47 PM
Why did hibs not release the four month payment plan option at the start?

The 90+2
30-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Well done bud, you have already worked miracles, Andy G has a season ticket for next year now!

He was nursing it anyway 😉

KP keep delivering mate it’s why you got voted. What a breath of fresh air. Tracey you do fantastic work too mate. All for nothing but the love of our club.

Power
30-05-2019, 09:20 PM

In short N - it wasnae an option available.

Each club is different - some have the 4 month option now (with interest passed on) and some have no finance alternative whatsoever. Really is a good news story.

Those on the V12 11 month option can make additional repayments to bring the term down using the portal or over the phone - https://selfservice.v12finance.com/register

Waxy
30-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Thought we were getting a different variety of nuts.

matty_f
30-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Good update, thanks. :aok:

Power
31-05-2019, 06:52 AM

Nice one mate. You can take the kudos for that.

Thanks for the feedback all - happy to flex to what you need from me over the next couple of years, just shout.

Neilly, catch ye in a couple of weeks ✅

traceyhibs
31-05-2019, 11:34 AM

The four month plan is always released prior to the seat deadline. As Zebra was still in place when tickets first went on sale, that option was still there. The club worked hard to find an alternative option.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2019, 05:00 PM
Well done KP for actually keeping in touch and fulfilling your promise made before being elected, to keeping us folk who use social media in formed.

Are there any other ways we can see your views and reports, like twitter, facebook and the likes?

If so, could you provide some links please.

:top marks

Power
31-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Well done KP for actually keeping in touch and fulfilling your promise made before being elected, to keeping us folk who use social media in formed.

Are there any other ways we can see your views and reports, like twitter, facebook and the likes?

If so, could you provide some links please.

:top marks

✅ I’ll keep tapping in, Hibs conversations is spread far and wide these days, which is great.

My tweets have certainly spiked - @kieranpower85

Email address should you ever need it kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

Billy Whizz
31-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the update KP

LustForLeith
31-05-2019, 06:33 PM
Nice one mate. You can take the kudos for that.

Thanks for the feedback all - happy to flex to what you need from me over the next couple of years, just shout.

Neilly, catch ye in a couple of weeks ✅

👍

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2019, 09:39 PM
✅ I’ll keep tapping in, Hibs conversations is spread far and wide these days, which is great.

My tweets have certainly spiked - @kieranpower85

Email address should you ever need it kpower@hibernianfc.co.uk

:thumbsup::top marks

GreenCastle
31-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Thanks for update.

It would be good if the stadium changes could actually happen.

The PA System and food / catering have been going on for years.

Add in the stadium looking dated - an action plan to improve all 3 would be nice to hear.

I would also be curious to know what the plans are for Hibs ladies. Are they going to be accepted by the club to formally be involved or stay within the community foundation?

Hearts are raising standards and I would hate to see us over taken but I feel more needs to be done. I recently heard the u19 girls team has folded for example ??

It would be good if LD could do an update about the stadium / future plans to develop the corner ? Hibernian training centre developments / improving the atmosphere as the singing section isn’t working in the FF upper.

Something I mentioned previously is recycling at ER - an initiative to stop fans littering during games / seagulls and basically rubbish blowing into the local area / community. We have a ready made go green for Hibs slogan which could be used to encourage fans to recycle and bin rubbish at home games - not sure any other club in Scotland has done this but surely wouldn’t be hard to implement.

Power
31-05-2019, 11:01 PM
Thanks for update.

It would be good if the stadium changes could actually happen.

The PA System and food / catering have been going on for years.

Add in the stadium looking dated - an action plan to improve all 3 would be nice to hear.

I would also be curious to know what the plans are for Hibs ladies. Are they going to be accepted by the club to formally be involved or stay within the community foundation?

Hearts are raising standards and I would hate to see us over taken but I feel more needs to be done. I recently heard the u19 girls team has folded for example ??

It would be good if LD could do an update about the stadium / future plans to develop the corner ? Hibernian training centre developments / improving the atmosphere as the singing section isn’t working in the FF upper.

Something I mentioned previously is recycling at ER - an initiative to stop fans littering during games / seagulls and basically rubbish blowing into the local area / community. We have a ready made go green for Hibs slogan which could be used to encourage fans to recycle and bin rubbish at home games - not sure any other club in Scotland has done this but surely wouldn’t be hard to implement.

Some good points in there - I’ll be able to pass these on (I like the recycling green initiative - when it comes to doing our bit (charity fundraising, strip donations or foodbank collections) we definitely go the extra mile.

The club do have a list of improvements, upgrades and changes to make - it’s finding the resources to make it happen. Stadium atmosphere is a focus at the moment - the club is listening.

Chuck Rhoades
01-06-2019, 05:34 AM
Some good points in there - I’ll be able to pass these on (I like the recycling green initiative - when it comes to doing our bit (charity fundraising, strip donations or foodbank collections) we definitely go the extra mile.

The club do have a list of improvements, upgrades and changes to make - it’s finding the resources to make it happen. Stadium atmosphere is a focus at the moment - the club is listening.

K,

What is happening around stadium atmosphere? Seems odd those actively trying to solve this problem themselves haven’t been consulted - I know folk involved in Since 1875 have been trying to set up a meeting for months.

Cheers

Power
01-06-2019, 06:10 AM
K,

What is happening around stadium atmosphere? Seems odd those actively trying to solve this problem themselves haven’t been consulted - I know folk involved in Since 1875 have been trying to set up a meeting for months.

Cheers

Good question. It’s been initial flip-chart thinking between myself, Tracey and the club - a bolt on to the Working Together meetings and the feedback given there, including the wider thinking.

Club is open to any suggestion - the nice to have (but not necessary) and reach for the sky type ones - and see what can be done short term and ideal long term within viability and budget. Look and feel of the stadium is a small step on that journey but we can do a lot more.

Happy to support any time.

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2019, 06:12 AM
This is more like it. A fans rep full of enthusiasm keeping us informed.

Breath of fresh air mate, nice one.

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2019, 06:21 AM
Thanks for update.

There will always be litter during the game if we offer any kind of food or drink.

There’s no bins by your seat so either you hold your empty cup, dirty napkin and wrappers the whole game or you put it on the floor under your seat.

This is then cleaned up after the match.

The only option would be for everyone to pick up their own wee bit of rubbish and somehow put it in a bin on the way out the stadium.

That seems pretty much impossible to implement!!

grunt
01-06-2019, 06:36 AM
The only option would be for everyone to pick up their own wee bit of rubbish and somehow put it in a bin on the way out the stadium.

World Cup: Japan fans impress by cleaning up stadium http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44492611.

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2019, 07:31 AM
Good luck with that in Scotland!!!

GreenCastle
01-06-2019, 07:37 AM
There will always be litter during the game if we offer any kind of food or drink.

There’s no bins by your seat so either you hold your empty cup, dirty napkin and wrappers the whole game or you put it on the floor under your seat.

This is then cleaned up after the match.

I’ve been to German my and they seem to manage fine there. I’m not saying you leave mid match but you take your litter with you at end of game.

You often see stuff all over pitch during games and means rubbish in local area and I don’t see how that helps Edinburgh/Leith or environment.

Just because it hasn’t been done doesn’t mean it won’t work - plus even if you can reduce litter by X amount you will make a difference. Especially youngsters in Famous Five.

tamig
01-06-2019, 11:02 AM
KP, I seem to ask the same question every year but never get an answer. What fan involvement is there in the kit design process? Are there any working groups tasked with coming up with new ideas or is it all down to the club? We see great mock ups on here every year on the new kit thread and the club should be tapping into the ideas of some of these people.

Power
01-06-2019, 04:01 PM
KP, I seem to ask the same question every year but never get an answer. What fan involvement is there in the kit design process? Are there any working groups tasked with coming up with new ideas or is it all down to the club? We see great mock ups on here every year on the new kit thread and the club should be tapping into the ideas of some of these people.

Considering I dinny even ken what it looks like or colour scheme (guessing green and purple efforts - reading between the lines) I’m not sure.
The Club has a lot of talented individuals in creation and imagination in the marketing teams. The club is also making more use of my cousin on an ad-hoc basis (Owen W).

Ask me in 6-9months time and I’ll ken the answer. Engaging supporters can be a positive outcome on subjects like this (convoluted on the flip side too).

Power
28-06-2019, 04:03 AM
Morning all,

June quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 30th May.

Only month of the year with nae Cabbage to watch but we’re nearly there – fixtures were released last Friday (21st) and details can be found here - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10062

Our new Home and Away strips were also released later that day – From what I can see and hear, the strips have went down really well with supporters and when I was in the clubstore during the week, I was told it has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/donate/famous-fivers-hibernian-community-foundation-10th-anniversary-appeal/1-/credit-card

There has been more quick wins over the last month, again it was great to interact with fans and club on these – this includes supporting with seat moves in the middle of the month. Aidan at the club and Lynn and the Ticket Office team have worked hard over the summer for us.

Working Together Meeting this month was surprise hijacked by Paul and Robbie coming in for a great Q&A session. Highlights were Paul being very, very happy with the Recruitment team and the work they have done – really pleased with our options per position and squad size. Robbie demonstrating he is more than just a number two and a good leader too. Before that surprise, I did have the pleasure of giving an ad-hoc impromptu stadium tour to two Greek boys that turned up at the stadium randomly. They were very impressed with our Stadium and West Stand collection of historic items.

I attended my second board meeting on Tuesday this week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).
- Replica Kit slow to be released; majority of supporters love this years design - some concerns with the lack of commercial sponsorship/others love the approach.
- Rod’s Appointment to SFA President – no change for Hibs and we remain status quo. Any conflict of interest will be dealt with in the right manner.
- Safe Standing – the topic is still surfacing and with Kilmarnock’s moves in the summer it peaked again. It is on our review list which the club will continue to work down as others are ticked off/budget allows. It must be noted there is a relaxed attitude to standing at games in certain sections already.
- Recycling initiative – A Hibs backed initiative to get fans to support recycling at the games to keep Hibs and the community clean – there is quick wins available here and it was great to hear how the club itself recycles everything from grass to electrical goods.
- Hibs ladies – to review the ladies position between formally part of the club or to stay part of the Community Foundation – the Community Foundation is the right place of them at the moment and we’ll continue to back them to be as successful as ever.
- Ticket Office – praise on the efforts over the summer was highlighted – it was flagged that the reallocation and move process for fans can be smoother and one to be reviewed for next year (elongated window and online option).

Some great work happening by Hibs fans at the moment, two really caught my eye.
- Stewart Fitzpatrick helped collate old Hibs strips to pass onto his son to take to a home in South Africa. Barry photo shared online – loving your work.
- ‘Hibs v Stigma’ supporters group also raised and donated £800 to Support in Mind – Nice one lads and lasses.

I’ve made a donation of £20 this month to the Hibernian Community Foundation to continue the great work our Foundation is doing - which includes Health & Wellbeing, employability and lifelong learning initiatives.

Thanks to all the Hibs fans that supported me raising over 2.5k for Support in Mind Scotland on 22nd June, a fantastic experience regardless of the 24 hour slog around Arthur’s Seat.

I’m off on holiday now, like right now, to Cyprus for the week and I’ll be available on my return. Gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP

bigwheel
28-06-2019, 05:20 AM
Helpful update - enjoying the consistency and the sharing. Thanks [emoji106][emoji106]

HH81
28-06-2019, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the update and have a good holiday.

BILLYHIBS
28-06-2019, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the update

Have a well deserved holiday

Throw your phone in the pool!

:greengrin

GGTTH

wookie70
28-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the update. Exactly the type of comms we need from the fans reps.

Mcpakeisgod
28-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Great news and enjoy the holiday mate !

worcesterhibby
28-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Cheers, enjoy your holiday. :aok:

Since452
28-06-2019, 07:49 AM
Was very septical of the whole fans rep thing but this is good information and better than we've had previously. Thanks for the update.

Brightside
28-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Morning all,

June quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 30th May.

Only month of the year with nae Cabbage to watch but we’re nearly there – fixtures were released last Friday (21st) and details can be found here - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10062

Our new Home and Away strips were also released later that day – From what I can see and hear, the strips have went down really well with supporters and when I was in the clubstore during the week, I was told it has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/donate/famous-fivers-hibernian-community-foundation-10th-anniversary-appeal/1-/credit-card

There has been more quick wins over the last month, again it was great to interact with fans and club on these – this includes supporting with seat moves in the middle of the month. Aidan at the club and Lynn and the Ticket Office team have worked hard over the summer for us.

Working Together Meeting this month was surprise hijacked by Paul and Robbie coming in for a great Q&A session. Highlights were Paul being very, very happy with the Recruitment team and the work they have done – really pleased with our options per position and squad size. Robbie demonstrating he is more than just a number two and a good leader too. Before that surprise, I did have the pleasure of giving an ad-hoc impromptu stadium tour to two Greek boys that turned up at the stadium randomly. They were very impressed with our Stadium and West Stand collection of historic items.

I attended my second board meeting on Tuesday this week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).
- Replica Kit slow to be released; majority of supporters love this years design - some concerns with the lack of commercial sponsorship/others love the approach.
- Rod’s Appointment to SFA President – no change for Hibs and we remain status quo. Any conflict of interest will be dealt with in the right manner.
- Safe Standing – the topic is still surfacing and with Kilmarnock’s moves in the summer it peaked again. It is on our review list which the club will continue to work down as others are ticked off/budget allows. It must be noted there is a relaxed attitude to standing at games in certain sections already.
- Recycling initiative – A Hibs backed initiative to get fans to support recycling at the games to keep Hibs and the community clean – there is quick wins available here and it was great to hear how the club itself recycles everything from grass to electrical goods.
- Hibs ladies – to review the ladies position between formally part of the club or to stay part of the Community Foundation – the Community Foundation is the right place of them at the moment and we’ll continue to back them to be as successful as ever.
- Ticket Office – praise on the efforts over the summer was highlighted – it was flagged that the reallocation and move process for fans can be smoother and one to be reviewed for next year (elongated window and online option).

Some great work happening by Hibs fans at the moment, two really caught my eye.
- Stewart Fitzpatrick helped collate old Hibs strips to pass onto his son to take to a home in South Africa. Barry photo shared online – loving your work.
- ‘Hibs v Stigma’ supporters group also raised and donated £800 to Support in Mind – Nice one lads and lasses.

I’ve made a donation of £20 this month to the Hibernian Community Foundation to continue the great work our Foundation is doing - which includes Health & Wellbeing, employability and lifelong learning initiatives.

Thanks to all the Hibs fans that supported me raising over 2.5k for Support in Mind Scotland on 22nd June, a fantastic experience regardless of the 24 hour slog around Arthur’s Seat.

I’m off on holiday now, like right now, to Cyprus for the week and I’ll be available on my return. Gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP

What was the reasoning for the Hibs Ladies answer? Why is it actually better for them to be part of the foundation? Other teams going in the opposite direction.

ronaldo7
28-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Well done, Kieran. Keep up the good work. 👍

Billy Whizz
28-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the update KP, enjoy your hols

green with envy
28-06-2019, 09:40 AM
What was the reasoning for the Hibs Ladies answer? Why is it actually better for them to be part of the foundation? Other teams going in the opposite direction.

Let the man enjoy his well earned holiday.:aok:

FranckSuzy
28-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Great work KP and enjoy your holiday :aok:

matty_f
28-06-2019, 12:08 PM

I wonder if there's a link to equal pay? I'm not sure how other teams handle it, but that might be a consideration. Clearly, Hibs couldn't sustain a ladies team at the same cost as the men's team, so it might relate to that?

Edit: Thanks for the update Kieran, these are very useful.

Brightside
28-06-2019, 02:59 PM
I wonder if there's a link to equal pay? I'm not sure how other teams handle it, but that might be a consideration. Clearly, Hibs couldn't sustain a ladies team at the same cost as the men's team, so it might relate to that?

I can’t imagine that. But I’d just love to hear from the board what the reasoning is. And yes Enjoy the holiday Kieran it can wait till you get home. 😂

GreenCastle
28-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Thanks for update.

Nothing on catering or PA system ?

Appreciate the update but just feel the same issues are brushed under the carpet but by saying they are being reviewed.

Safe standing
Catering
PA system
Stadium upgrades
Singing section

Maybe I’m just impatient but feel we could be improving more to make ER and the fan experience better.

Rocky
28-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Thanks for update.

Appreciate the update but just feel the same issues are brushed under the carpet but by saying they are being reviewed.

Safe standing
Catering
PA system
Stadium upgrades
Singing section

Maybe I’m just impatient but feel we could be improving more to make ER and the fan experience better.

You could well be right but you've listed five things I'm not bothered about. There's a lot of noise about those things but none of them would put me off buying my season ticket. I suspect I'm not alone. I'm even quite happy with the pies except when the arse falls out them and I get thermonuclear temp steak on my fingers.

barcahibs
28-06-2019, 06:59 PM
You could well be right but you've listed five things I'm not bothered about. There's a lot of noise about those things but none of them would put me off buying my season ticket. I suspect I'm not alone. I'm even quite happy with the pies except when the arse falls out them and I get thermonuclear temp steak on my fingers.

This for me is one of the major reasons fan directors and fan ownership needs to be treated very carefully, there's no such thing as a unified set of issues or causes that all Hibs fans will share. Of the items mentioned the only one I'm slightly interested in is stadium upgrades - and even then I bet I'd have a different set of priorities for what should be done.

I couldn't care less about the catering, the pa system or the singing section. That doesn't mean those who do care about those things are wrong, it just means everyone values different things, it's impossible to lump us all together.

GreenCastle
28-06-2019, 07:09 PM
This for me is one of the major reasons fan directors and fan ownership needs to be treated very carefully, there's no such thing as a unified set of issues or causes that all Hibs fans will share. Of the items mentioned the only one I'm slightly interested in is stadium upgrades - and even then I bet I'd have a different set of priorities for what should be done.

I couldn't care less about the catering, the pa system or the singing section. That doesn't mean those who do care about those things are wrong, it just means everyone values different things, it's impossible to lump us all together.

Thanks.

Well put.

Having visited different stadia around the world I know what’s acceptable for the price being paid - for a capital city with an expensive ST I expect the basics.

Everyone has different standards and the team is always number 1 priority but as a club if we don’t improve off the field as well as on we will fall behind.

McD
28-06-2019, 07:30 PM
Thanks for another informative update KP, have a great holiday :aok:

tmb1875
28-06-2019, 08:08 PM
Good work kp, definitely think theres a need to find the money somewhere to redo changing rooms/managers room at Easter road, was shocked at the state of them and how basic they were when I was in at the open day. Also was it ever discussed about hsl being promoted as a sponsor instead of the community foundation, feel like there being pushed further down the pecking order all the time.
No rush big man enjoy your holiday [emoji1531]

BILLYHIBS
29-06-2019, 09:01 AM

Equal pay in Norway 😳

Power
30-06-2019, 10:01 AM
Thanks for update.

Safe standing
Catering
PA system
Stadium upgrades
Singing section

Loving your enthusiasm. These points were all raised in February before I came in and again recently - we aren’t going to get definitive answers and timelines but the club are certainly aware of them all. It’s a bit like a house improvement list, we will work down them as budget allows without compromising on sporting performance (they’re important but all nice to have).

I don’t speak on behalf of the club but what I can comment on;
The catering is sub-contracted out, hence it will be reviewed throughout and towards contract end on what improvements we can make in that space.
The PA system is on the club’s to-do list when budget allows. They’ve trialled a few different things and will continue to look at what can be done short and long term.
Hibs have employed two multi-skilled workers to complete stadium improvements over the summer. I’m sure the maintenance team at ER and HTC will have a huge list and it will be one step at a time. Refreshing areas that add value and make impact.
Safe standing has been flagged a couple of times. Difficulty with this one is Demand will outweigh supply on this. It would need to be quite a substantial area renovated as we can’t do it bit by bit. It’s another luxury, as mentioned above - the club are relaxed on standing and we have areas were this happens already.
Singing section is still in area 25 this year. Since 1875 and club are meeting soon to look at improvements.
Back to the Hibs ladies point - the structure and finances for them are in HCF, like all our boys, girls and community team - I wouldn’t worry what other teams are doing, that looks more tick box exercise.

Back to the beer and pool ✅

The Modfather
30-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Loving your enthusiasm. These points were all raised in February before I came in and again recently - we aren’t going to get definitive answers and timelines but the club are certainly aware of them all. It’s a bit like a house improvement list, we will work down them as budget allows without compromising on sporting performance (they’re important but all nice to have).

The catering is sub-contracted out, hence it will be reviewed throughout and towards contract end on what improvements we can make in that space.
The PA system is on the club’s to-do list when budget allows. They’ve trialled a few different things and will continue to look at what can be done short and long term.
Hibs have employed two multi-skilled workers to complete stadium improvements over the summer. I’m sure the maintenance team at ER and HTC will have a huge list and it will be one step at a time. Refreshing areas that add value and make impact.
Safe standing has been flagged a couple of times. Difficulty with this one is Demand will outweigh supply on this. It would need to be quite a substantial area renovated as we can’t do it bit by bit. It’s another luxury, as mentioned above - the club are relaxed on standing and we have areas were this happens already.
Singing section is still in area 25 this year. Since 1875 and club are meeting soon to look at improvements.
Back to the Hibs ladies point - the structure and finances for them are in HCF, like all our boys, girls and community team - I wouldn’t worry what other teams are doing, that looks more tick box exercise.

Good update Kieran and we all appreciate the fact you are visible on here and following through with your communication promises, makes a big difference to the scepticism of the roles I previously had. Also appreciate all these issues pre-date you.

On the catering, are you able to get an answer from Hibs as to what improvements and changes they have made over the last 5 years or so under their many reviews? I’ve not noticed any difference to the quality or service in that time. I’d rather just an honest answer from Hibs that they are happy with the quality and service and aren’t looking to change it. It’s not particularly important in the grand scheme, but at the same time it is frustrating to constantly be told it’s under review only to keep renewing the contracts of the caterers with the exact same quality and service.

If nothing else can we get card facilities?

Power
30-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Good update Kieran and we all appreciate the fact you are visible on here and following through with your communication promises, makes a big difference to the scepticism of the roles I previously had. Also appreciate all these issues pre-date you.

On the catering, are you able to get an answer from Hibs as to what improvements and changes they have made over the last 5 years or so under their many reviews? I’ve not noticed any difference to the quality or service in that time. I’d rather just an honest answer from Hibs that they are happy with the quality and service and aren’t looking to change it. It’s not particularly important in the grand scheme, but at the same time it is frustrating to constantly be told it’s under review only to keep renewing the contracts of the caterers with the exact same quality and service.

Yeh, let me pick that up and work on that.

Hibeewilly
30-06-2019, 12:03 PM

The catering has been a bug bear of mine for years as well...…...the tell tale sign ……..in the east at least...…...is that there are hardly any queues at half time now. The caterers must be losing money you would think and if so might me amenable to terminating the contract. The food they serve us is absolutely shocking

percy veer
30-06-2019, 03:07 PM
The catering has been a bug bear of mine for years as well...…...the tell tale sign ……..in the east at least...…...is that there are hardly any queues at half time now. The caterers must be losing money you would think and if so might me amenable to terminating the contract. The food they serve us is absolutely shocking

I cant be the only one who thinks the food is no that bad, its exactley what I expect from a kiosk at a football stadium open 25 days of the year.

Hiber-nation
30-06-2019, 03:18 PM
I cant be the only one who thinks the food is no that bad, its exactley what I expect from a kiosk at a football stadium open 25 days of the year.

But far worse than any other ground in Scotland I've visited over the past few years. And I'm only talking about pies and bovrils.

supermcginn
30-06-2019, 03:47 PM

Same here. Pies are fine

GreenCastle
30-06-2019, 07:52 PM

Thanks again for update. Didn't expect to get a reply when on your holiday :greengrin

Regards the catering and PA system - I think it would be better like others have said for the club to say.

PA system - we have a separate account and are saving for it. We have approached sponsorship but no one was interested etc.

Catering - we are happy with the cost / quality - review is summer 2020. I don't go to the stadium for the food but as others have mentioned when you can go to Dunfermline and get something better tasting and cheaper then questions have to be asked. When Hibs in the Community our main shirt sponsors promote Healthy Eating - what options are there available on the menu which helps this?

Stadium Improvements - last week Hearts had someone painting the concourse of their stadium - the East Stand is crying out for more decoration / Hibs should be opening to local artists to paint / design. Again not a costly exercise.

Safe standing - the options are simply FF lower / or East Lower or even West Lower closest to away fans. I actually think it's pretty straight forward at our stadium due to design.

Hibs ladies - some clubs ,ay be doing tick box but others also investing including our neighbours and going within the club means better support and funding. Something the community foundation has limited resource.

I'm not trying to be difficult but I feel Hibs sometimes just play it safe and it's been the way for years - rather than being proactive and making changes which will grow the club / women's section etc keep us ahead of others. Even Kilmarnock have safe standing being installed soon :greengrin

Anyway - I appreciate the updates - just want the best for Hibs and want to see some improvements for the £££ we spend on season tickets alongside the playing side.

Smartie
03-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Hi Kieran

A thing I've been wondering since yesterday is whether or not there would be an appetite from Hibs to either make another DVD or some sort of film about Tom Farmer's time at the club?

Everybody's expectations were blown away by the "Time for Heroes" DVD which was an outstanding piece of work.

Tom Farmer has had a quite incredible time at the club and has some great stories to tell - from his family's involvement a century before, to the Mercer takeover to yesterday's handover via 3 cup wins. We can't just ignore the relegations, a certain cup final and it would be fascinating to hear some of what Petrie has to say about what happened behind the scenes through certain very significant events for our club and Scottish football.

Did the Scottish Cup DVD make much money for the club?

Done properly I think it is a sporting story that might have interest beyond just Hibs fans.

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Same here. Pies are fine

Agreed. I sit in the west and always get one before kick off. They are piping hot and tasty with big queues to get them.

calumhibee1
03-07-2019, 08:26 AM

Likewise. I get a pie every other home game.

Power
03-07-2019, 08:50 AM
Hi Kieran

A thing I've been wondering since yesterday is whether or not there would be an appetite from Hibs to either make another DVD or some sort of film about Tom Farmer's time at the club?

Everybody's expectations were blown away by the "Time for Heroes" DVD which was an outstanding piece of work.

Tom Farmer has had a quite incredible time at the club and has some great stories to tell - from his family's involvement a century before, to the Mercer takeover to yesterday's handover via 3 cup wins. We can't just ignore the relegations, a certain cup final and it would be fascinating to hear some of what Petrie has to say about what happened behind the scenes through certain very significant events for our club and Scottish football.

Done properly I think it is a sporting story that might have interest beyond just Hibs fans.

Interesting idea. Not a matter I would raise with the board but I can certainly plug to the Media and Comms teams - it might be of Interest to someone outwith the club to run a story.

Humo
03-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Hi Kieran

Done properly I think it is a sporting story that might have interest beyond just Hibs fans.Brilliant idea we should get it pitched to Netflix

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Power
30-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Evening/Morning all,

July quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 28th June.

Ron Gordon has taken over the majority shareholding in our club – the biggest change in nearly three decades – http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10094. Ron is now Executive Chairman and in his first month in charge brought a wave of energy to everyone at the club (I’d encourage those that haven’t listened to any of his many interviews to go gie’ them a listen). He is a very enthusiastic and engaging person – his vision for Hibs is to be THE BEST at everything they can be (on and off the pitch).. My first impressions of him are great (his of mine will be that guy is always in shorts or cycling gear) and looking forward to hearing and seeing mair’.

Hibs have been back for several games and the full League cup group – It’s been a slow burner but we’re starting to ramp up fitness and strength towards the season starting this weekend. Newcastle had a bit more class and a killer touch better than us earlier but I’m quietly confident. Bring it on.

The Away strip has been on sale for a fortnight and, much like the home one, has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular on this number too, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/donate/famous-fivers-hibernian-community-foundation-10th-anniversary-appeal/1-/credit-card

It's probably been my busiest month in terms of low level support ‘problems’/feedback but I’m available as ever to help and influence where I can.

Working Together Meeting this month was pushed to next Monday because of tonight’s game. Easter Road Stadium, Monday 5th at 6:30pm.

I attended my third board meeting on Thursday last week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Ticketing and Stadium Access – New system glitches experienced by many (Including Alloa and Arbroath online ST Discount availability, Interactive Seating functionality, Mobile e-ticket not available initially and then not completing as expected) some of these issues have been fixed - with process improvement and familiarity the new changes will be fantastic for us when 100%.
Stadium Access has been a problem in the three games whilst in the middle of the scanner changeover & updates but continuous improvement is there (very similar to onboarding the barcode scanners a few years back). I was hoping for another big step in improvement for tonight’s game against Newcastle and there was in pockets (turnstile sensor and screen change) but overall the experience is still poor for a lot. The club will ken this and I apologise that it hasn’t been smooth or fixed three games in - got my fingers crossed for Saturday.
The back-up of handheld scanners has been successful (improved stadium signal to allow) but this is a back-up and shouldn’t be used regularly.

- HSL – Sizeable proportion of supporters that contribute to HSL are keen to hear on next steps – intentions of support towards this initiative were varied but collectively we want it to be a success.

- Tom Farmer recognition – A high percentage of online supports and general feedback of those spoken to face to face have voiced that Sir Tom Farmer is recognized for his contributions to the club and community – club have acknowledged this request.

The club are not only working hard to have us burst into the new league campaign on the pitch but looking at reaching for the stars for us off the pitch in a number of areas, including matchday experience - it will be very exciting to hear more about this once it’s been discussed, reviewed, planned and communicated. Nothing is off the table and that includes our known hotspots (PA system, catering, stadium maintenance, ticketing, recycling etc etc).

Some more great work happening by Hibs fans, this caught my eye.
- Edinburgh Adler Hibs fans have donation all profits from their recent German Cup final movie Cameo Cinema showcase to SANDS Lothians. A fantastic day supported by over 100 people from the Edinburgh Football Community. Great work by all.

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/ce4023e8-5828-4d94-8bd3-c40212cfd4d0-jpeg.1141/

I’ve made a donation of £20 to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation this month now that they’re up and running – https://hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk I hope this turns out to be a bigger success than planned – key objectives of the Foundation is primarily youth related charity funding with a view to assisting less privileged children.

As always, gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP

matty_f
30-07-2019, 11:43 PM
Evening/Morning all,

July quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update on the 28th June.

Ron Gordon has taken over the majority shareholding in our club – the biggest change in nearly three decades – http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10094. Ron is now Executive Chairman and in his first month in charge brought a wave of energy to everyone at the club (I’d encourage those that haven’t listened to any of his many interviews to go gie’ them a listen). He is a very enthusiastic and engaging person – his vision for Hibs is to be THE BEST at everything they can be (on and off the pitch).. My first impressions of him are great (his of mine will be that guy is always in shorts or cycling gear) and looking forward to hearing and seeing mair’.

Hibs have been back for several games and the full League cup group – It’s been a slow burner but we’re starting to ramp up fitness and strength towards the season starting this weekend. Newcastle had a bit more class and a killer touch better than us earlier but I’m quietly confident. Bring it on.

The Away strip has been on sale for a fortnight and, much like the home one, has been a fantastic success so far – Hibernian Community Foundation Sponsor prints are popular on this number too, as is leaving the tops blank but still making a donation to our Foundation – https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/donate/famous-fivers-hibernian-community-foundation-10th-anniversary-appeal/1-/credit-card

It's probably been my busiest month in terms of low level support ‘problems’/feedback but I’m available as ever to help and influence where I can.

Working Together Meeting this month was pushed to next Monday because of tonight’s game. Easter Road Stadium, Monday 5th at 6:30pm.

I attended my third board meeting on Thursday last week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Ticketing and Stadium Access – New system glitches experienced by many (Including Alloa and Arbroath online ST Discount availability, Interactive Seating functionality, Mobile e-ticket not available initially and then not completing as expected) some of these issues have been fixed - with process improvement and familiarity the new changes will be fantastic for us when 100%.
Stadium Access has been a problem in the three games whilst in the middle of the scanner changeover & updates but continuous improvement is there (very similar to onboarding the barcode scanners a few years back). I was hoping for another big step in improvement for tonight’s game against Newcastle and there was in pockets (turnstile sensor and screen change) but overall the experience is still poor for a lot. The club will ken this and I apologise that it hasn’t been smooth or fixed three games in - got my fingers crossed for Saturday.
The back-up of handheld scanners has been successful (improved stadium signal to allow) but this is a back-up and shouldn’t be used regularly.

- HSL – Sizeable proportion of supporters that contribute to HSL are keen to hear on next steps – intentions of support towards this initiative were varied but collectively we want it to be a success.

- Tom Farmer recognition – A high percentage of online supports and general feedback of those spoken to face to face have voiced that Sir Tom Farmer is recognized for his contributions to the club and community – club have acknowledged this request.

The club are not only working hard to have us burst into the new league campaign on the pitch but looking at reaching for the stars for us off the pitch in a number of areas, including matchday experience - it will be very exciting to hear more about this once it’s been discussed, reviewed, planned and communicated. Nothing is off the table and that includes our known hotspots (PA system, catering, stadium maintenance, ticketing, recycling etc etc).

- Edinburgh Adler Hibs fans have donation all profits from their recent German Cup final movie Cameo Cinema showcase to SANDS Lothians. A fantastic day supported by over 100 people from the Edinburgh Football Community. Great work by all.

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/ce4023e8-5828-4d94-8bd3-c40212cfd4d0-jpeg.1141/

I’ve made a donation of £20 to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation this month now that they’re up and running – https://hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk I hope this turns out to be a bigger success than planned – key objectives of the Foundation is primarily youth related charity funding with a view to assisting less privileged children.

As always, gies a shout if something needs flagged and of course any time I can help – Hibs related or not.

KP
Good update :aok: Thanks for keeping us informed.

DaveF
31-07-2019, 05:53 AM
Intentions of support for HSL were varied?

That's disappointing (I'm presuming here that the statement means some on the board don't care for it) but backs up my feeling that the club never really got behind it.

I might just claw my tenner a month back if the club don't give a toss.

Power
31-07-2019, 06:41 AM

That's disappointing (I'm presuming here that the statement means some on the board don't care for it) but backs up my feeling that the club never really got behind it.

Apologies how you’ve interpreted that D. This is me flagging from a supporters angle up to the club and not the other way.

Looking at the HSL threads and speaking to fans HSL did mean different things to them - some were energised to obtain 25% of club shares in one voice, a population were keen for more, a fair number were enthusiastic to provide more funds direct to the manager and others were content that the club would do as they see fit.

Ultimately we all want it to be successful though.

Danderhall Hibs
31-07-2019, 06:42 AM

I think it’s the fans intentions rather than the board?

DaveF
31-07-2019, 06:47 AM
Apologies how you’ve interpreted that D. This is me flagging from a supporters angle up to the club and not the other way.

Looking at the HSL threads and speaking to fans HSL did mean different things to them - some were energised to obtain 25% of club shares in one voice, a population were keen for more, a fair number were enthusiastic to provide more funds direct to the manager and others were content that the club would do as they see fit.

Ultimately we all want it to be successful though.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Too early in the morning for me!

BILLYHIBS
31-07-2019, 07:29 AM
Will the turnstiles be working on Saturday (serious question) as looks as though we are heading for close to a sell out?

GreenCastle
31-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Thanks for update.

Like most things actions speaks louder than words. I’ve noticed steps been painted etc which is good at stadium. Just wish there was a way exiting from East Stand was easier. Does the barrier at lower level near disabled area slow things down ?? If it wasn’t there could fans exit quicker at full time ?

The turnstile issue I’m not sure if I can’t see it getting better - mainly due to the way people need to scan the QR codes on phones / Paper tickets.

Could Hibs have a ST queue only - that may speed up the process as majority will have ST access cards. It’s crazy that manual scanners would probably be quicker which defeats the purpose of the technology.

Newcastle fans saying they had issues entering too makes the club look small time or as bad as Dunfermline.

I also don’t understand how people can always jump the queues by going to the door access. Feels like priority boarding.

Can something be done about improving the 3G / tidyness around the pitch - lots of weeds and generally looks unkept.

Couldn’t hear a word of the Newcastle subs on the East Tannoy last night - bit rubbish as wanted to know who was playing for them. Every announcement is just a waffle.

Would be a good idea to have the flags flying on the flag poles every game also. Just makes ER more classy.

Finally this happened last season but cars shouldn’t be allowed to drive around 14,000 people on the road on match day - accident waiting to happen.

Alex Trager
31-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Evening/Morning all,

KP

Superb communications as ever KP (dry roasted are my preference)

Keep it up.

Power
31-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Thanks for update.

Like most things actions speaks louder than words. I’ve noticed steps been painted etc which is good at stadium. Just wish there was a way editing from East Stand was easier. Does the barrier at lower level near disabled area slow things down ?? If it wasn’t there could fans exit quicker at full time ?

The turnstile issue I’m not sure if I can’t see it getting better - mainly due to the way people need to scan the QR codes on phones / Paper tickets.

Could Hibs have a ST queue only - that may speed up the process as majority will have ST access cards. It’s crazy that manual scanners would probably be quicker which defeats the purpose of the technology.

Newcastle fans saying they had issues entering too makes the club look small time or as bad as Dunfermline.

I also don’t understand how people can always jump the queues by going to the door access. Feels like priority boarding.

Can something be done about improving the 3G / tidyness around the pitch - lots of weeds and generally looks unkept.

Couldn’t hear a word of the Newcastle subs on the East Tannoy last night - but rubbish as wanted to know who was playing for them.

Would be a good idea to have the flags flying on the flag poles every game also. Just makes ER more classy.

Finally this happened last season but cars shouldn’t be allowed to drive around 14,000 people on the road on match day - accident waiting to happen.

Some very good feedback in there that can be put into the matchday experience conversation. I’ll pass it on.

Brightside
31-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Thanks for update.

Like most things actions speaks louder than words. I’ve noticed steps been painted etc which is good at stadium. Just wish there was a way editing from East Stand was easier. Does the barrier at lower level near disabled area slow things down ?? If it wasn’t there could fans exit quicker at full time ?

Couldn’t hear a word of the Newcastle subs on the East Tannoy last night - but rubbish as wanted to know who was playing for them.

So on your final point....if you live near the stadium or have to take the car for other reasons are you just supposed to wait whilst 14000 people leave the stadium?

hibee_girl
31-07-2019, 10:33 AM
So on your final point....if you live near the stadium or have to take the car for other reasons are you just supposed to wait whilst 14000 people leave the stadium?

Basically yes.

I live in one of the streets near the stadium and we all know that the streets will be closed for certain periods of time on match days.

malcolm
31-07-2019, 10:45 AM
Some very good feedback in there that can be put into the matchday experience conversation. I’ll pass it on.

1st match ticket in wallet failed to scan but a downloaded ticket with an old fashioned bar code did
Match 2 the ticket in my wallet scanned
Match 3 my season did not scan but the steward in the turnstiles hand scanned it.

There seemed to be 2 types of scanner at the turnstiles and I know know which one to avoid.;o)

Power
31-07-2019, 10:55 AM
1st match ticket in wallet failed to scan but a downloaded ticket with an old fashioned bar code did
Match 2 the ticket in my wallet scanned
Match 3 my season did not scan but the steward in the turnstiles hand scanned it.

There seemed to be 2 types of scanner at the turnstiles and I know know which one to avoid.;o)

Ken what you’re saying.

I put my phone in at an angle last night (it’s a tight squeeze 👀) and I was being telt from behind the turnstiles by the scanner designer “it needs to be flat”. Noted for Sat.

Another important point is to wait on the screen to prompt for scan and not still on previous GO message as I captured below

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/9a3945c3-bd37-4745-90c3-7ca6f2066148-jpeg.1138/

The 90+2
31-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Basically yes.

I live in one of the streets near the stadium and we all know that the streets will be closed for certain periods of time on match days.

Exactly. If you live in that area and need to head out leave ten mins before kick off. Every last person knows the score regardless.

wookie70
31-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Why not put the subs details on the scoreboard when they are being made if the tannoy is an issue, Other announcements could also be flashed up - ie the owner of teh car reg plat etc. I'll be going early as usual on Saturday hoping to avoid any chaos as there is little sign that the new ticketing arrangements have worked and 1000s will be using their ST for the first time.

Forza Fred
31-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Basically yes.

I thought the polis letter boxed everyone telling them to move their cars or they would be towed away?

My brother lives in Hawkhill Avenue and on most match days hangs a Hibs flag out his window to alert any locals who may have missed the polis advice.

BSEJVT
31-07-2019, 11:11 AM

If the alternative is that by allowing some folk to batter carelessly through heavily populated pedestrian traffic then yes.

It is a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt.

Whilst most of the drivers involved are careful and sensible there are some really idiots amongst them.

Re residents being inconvenienced, it is like buying a house near Seafield, you know that from time to time it is going to stink down that way, but that occasional stink is outweighed by the benefits of living there.

hibee_girl
31-07-2019, 11:17 AM
I thought the polis letter boxed everyone telling them to move their cars or they would be towed away?

My brother lives in Hawkhill Avenue and on most match days hangs a Hibs flag out his window to alert any locals who may have missed the polis advice.

We get a letter from the council every summer with the fixtures and what times the roads will be closed from etc.

GreenCastle
31-07-2019, 12:23 PM

Of course I know what you are saying but at the moment it seems to be a bit of a shambles.

Several times last season cars were driving quite quickly through large crowds of people.

There have been incidents around the world of cars driving into people and I don’t want any supporters to be another statistic.

Close the roads around ER from say 2.15-3pm and 4.40/5.10pm.

I guess the issue is more housing around the stadium than ever before but needs to be a better solution.

Even cone off a single lane for cars and keep pedestrians to one side.

Cars driving through crowds of kids and parents getting into the FF stand isn’t the way forward.

Also just because folk park right next to stadium they shouldn’t be allowed to suddenly drive off after the game through the crowds.

It’s like using the side door to enter the stadium - some folk think they have a divine right for priority.

hibee_girl
31-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Of course I know what you are saying but at the moment it seems to be a bit of a shambles.

Several times last season cars were driving quite quickly through large crowds of people.

There have been incidents around the world of cars driving into people and I don’t want any supporters to be another statistic.

I guess the issue is more housing around the stadium than ever before but needs to be a better solution.

Cars driving through crowds of kids and parents getting into the FF stand isn’t the way forward.

Also just because folk park right next to stadium they shouldn’t be allowed to suddenly drive off after the game through the crowds.

It’s like using the side door to enter the stadium - some folk think they have a divine right for priority.

They should be closed then.

ancient hibee
31-07-2019, 03:37 PM

It’s usually cars from the disabled parking in St.Clair who are trying to drive through the crowds at the end.

Brightside
31-07-2019, 03:43 PM
It’s usually cars from the disabled parking in St.Clair who are trying to drive through the crowds at the end.

Yep. and despite the best intentions of most there are also plenty pedestrians who will happily walk in front of cars without looking or caring. There should be no issue with people and cars leaving the stadium at the same time.

Jamesie
31-07-2019, 04:00 PM

I see that flag every match day Fred, had no idea it was your brother!

Jamesie
31-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Evening/Morning all,

KP

Many thanks for this KP - did you manage to raise the issue of the Rangers game on 21 December possibly being moved?

31-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Evening/Morning all,

KP

Thanks for the updates KP.

Can I ask why so few turnstiles have been in operation? Is it just due to keeping down stewarding costs? Surely an easy way to minimise the impact of teething problems would have been to use all the turnstiles.
I was told there was only 1 open for the Newcastle fans which doesn't look too clever when we've got an EPL team visiting. Not a great incentive for them to come again if they've been receiving complaints from their fans that missed the kick off.

Plus, I thought they are normally open an hour before kick off (could be wrong about that though). However, for the Arbroath game and last night (don't know about the Alloa game), the ones I used were only opened less than 45 minutes before kick off so the queues were growing before they'd opened.

There's going to be a considerably bigger crowd on Saturday, can we get the turnstiles opening earlier than normal, say 1.30pm? Or certainly no later than 2pm and will they all be in operation? That would at least give us the best possible chance of avoiding or reducing the chaos.

Thanks

GreenCastle
31-07-2019, 06:03 PM
Yep. and despite the best intentions of most there are also plenty pedestrians who will happily walk in front of cars without looking or caring. There should be no issue with people and cars leaving the stadium at the same time.

I disagree.

Pedestrians should have priority briefly to enter and exit the stadium as quickly as possible.

It's basically a small area on the grand scheme of things and people can be patient and wait - obviously unless it's an emergency.

Those who park on St Clair street have no priority to drive away early either.

Aim Here
31-07-2019, 06:36 PM
I was told there was only 1 open for the Newcastle fans which doesn't look too clever when we've got an EPL team visiting. Not a great incentive for them to come again if they've been receiving complaints from their fans that missed the kick off.

If there was one turnstile open for the ~3000 away fans who showed up, that means that they got one body through the turnstile roughly every 1.2 seconds in the hour before kickoff.

Either Hibs had more than one turnstile open and your informant is talking nonsense, or they should switch all the turnstiles over to whatever system was operating in the South Stand.

Power
31-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Many thanks for this KP - did you manage to raise the issue of the Rangers game on 21 December possibly being moved?

I did but no movement on it till September at the earliest.

Power
31-07-2019, 06:46 PM

Can I ask why so few turnstiles have been in operation? Is it just due to keeping down stewarding costs? Surely an easy way to minimise the impact of teething problems would have been to use all the turnstiles.

Plus, I thought they are normally open an hour before kick off (could be wrong about that though). However, for the Arbroath game and last night (don't know about the Alloa game), the ones I used were only opened less than 45 minutes before kick off so the queues were growing before they'd opened.

There's going to be a considerably bigger crowd on Saturday, can we get the turnstiles opening earlier than normal, say 1.30pm? Or certainly no later than 2pm and will they all be in operation? That would at least give us the best possible chance of avoiding or reducing the chaos.

Thanks

Not all turnstiles have either had the scanners put in, tested or fine tuned.

Club are confident all will be operational on Saturday and going into extreme detail on Friday with supplier to improve from experiences and feedback from the 3 games so far (a lot different to the one turnstile trialled at the end of last season).

31-07-2019, 06:59 PM
Not all turnstiles have either had the scanners put in, tested or fine tuned.

Club are confident all will be operational on Saturday and going into extreme detail on Friday with supplier to improve from experiences and feedback from the 3 games so far (a lot different to the one turnstile trialled at the end of last season).

Thanks for the reply KP. Any thoughts on opening the turnstiles earlier?

Sir David Gray
31-07-2019, 07:14 PM

I've navigated through the crowds in St Clair Street for years without a single incident. It's easy enough to avoid people if you keep your speed down to under 5 mph.

If anyone is hitting pedestrians (personally never seen or heard of such an incident occurring but not saying that hasn't happened) then these people should be dealt with individually rather than everyone being held back for about half an hour unnecessarily.

As an aside, it would be helpful if the pedestrians who are still walking on the road when the majority of the crowds have cleared, would move onto the pavements. It's probably the best way to avoid an accident. I am not suggesting that this is possible when the large crowds are initially coming out but when there's individual groups of about 4 or 5 people still walking on the road 15-20 minutes after full time and the pavements are empty then it's a bit ridiculous.

Power
31-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the reply KP. Any thoughts on opening the turnstiles earlier?

The club could definitely do it, I expect it to be a recommendation for Sat, but heavy footfall does come 30-20minutes before games and turnstiles are open.

31-07-2019, 08:02 PM
The club could definitely do it, I expect it to be a recommendation for Sat, but heavy footfall does come 30-20minutes before games and turnstiles are open.

Okay, thanks. Appreciate there's always going to be a time period when a large amount of people arrive at the same time, ideally the queues will be at a minimal length just before it reaches that time. Or are you saying there's heavy footfall before the turnstiles are even open?

I'd guess on Saturday a fair number of people will arrive a little bit earlier due to the previous issues though it would be good if the Matchday info on the website was to recommend it. Would also be good if it said what time the turnstiles open.

Thanks.

Billy Whizz
31-07-2019, 09:32 PM

Keep up the top notch communication on here KP, appreciated by all!

Danderhall Hibs
31-07-2019, 09:40 PM

:agree: massive improvement - this is how it should’ve been done all along.

hibbysam
31-07-2019, 10:03 PM
I've navigated through the crowds in St Clair Street for years without a single incident. It's easy enough to avoid people if you keep your speed down to under 5 mph.

If anyone is hitting pedestrians (personally never seen or heard of such an incident occurring but not saying that hasn't happened) then these people should be dealt with individually rather than everyone being held back for about half an hour unnecessarily.

As an aside, it would be helpful if the pedestrians who are still walking on the road when the majority of the crowds have cleared, would move onto the pavements. It's probably the best way to avoid an accident. I am not suggesting that this is possible when the large crowds are initially coming out but when there's individual groups of about 4 or 5 people still walking on the road 15-20 minutes after full time and the pavements are empty then it's a bit ridiculous.

There are 2 points there: I have personally witnessed many an impatient driver who thinks the road is their’s immediately after full time with thousands walking down the road. They drive right up peoples *****, toot the horn and slam on brakes. Secondly, whether we like it or not, terrorism is an issue and although it’s not hit Scotland badly yet, we need to minimise the potential for this type of incident.

30 minutes before and 30 minutes after a game the roads immediately surrounding the stadium should be closed entirely. If it inconveniences some road users then tough. Paths are nowhere near wide enough for pod queues, turnstile queues and people walking around the stadium while adding traffic into the mix.

Brightside
31-07-2019, 10:20 PM
There are 2 points there: I have personally witnessed many an impatient driver who thinks the road is their’s immediately after full time with thousands walking down the road. They drive right up peoples *****, toot the horn and slam on brakes. Secondly, whether we like it or not, terrorism is an issue and although it’s not hit Scotland badly yet, we need to minimise the potential for this type of incident.

30 minutes before and 30 minutes after a game the roads immediately surrounding the stadium should be closed entirely. If it inconveniences some road users then tough. Paths are nowhere near wide enough for pod queues, turnstile queues and people walking around the stadium while adding traffic into the mix.
Terrorism?? Really. 18000 people go to a game. No one gets searched and you’re worried about the guy in the Nissan Micra?!

Sir David Gray
31-07-2019, 10:23 PM

I think terrorism is a bit of an over reaction to a Hibs v Ross County (or equivalent) match to be honest. Clearly tooting the horn etc is a bit over the top but that in itself is hardly a justification for banning cars, tooting a car horn's not going to injure anyone.

I have managed to exit St Clair Street and drive onto Easter Road and get away from the area following the conclusion of each home match, since I started driving over 7 years ago, without ever coming close to hitting anyone.

There's some weeks I do wait about 5 minutes when it's exceptionally busy but there's no reason for me to wait 30 minutes. The place is usually totally deserted within about 15 minutes.

hibbysam
31-07-2019, 10:26 PM
Terrorism?? Really. 18000 people go to a game. No one gets searched and you’re worried about the guy in the Nissan Micra?!

Absolutely, or just someone losing concentration and ploughing into a group standing queuing to get into the game. Your entitled to disagree but if waiting 30 minutes either side of the game to use the immediate surrounding roads keeps everyone safer then I’m all for it.

HibsAnnouncer
01-08-2019, 06:26 AM
Why not put the subs details on the scoreboard when they are being made if the tannoy is an issue, Other announcements could also be flashed up - ie the owner of teh car reg plat etc. I'll be going early as usual on Saturday hoping to avoid any chaos as there is little sign that the new ticketing arrangements have worked and 1000s will be using their ST for the first time.

Hi

Thought I’d drop in with a quick update here. Unfortunately the scoreboard doesn’t allow for this. Great suggestion though.

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2019, 06:31 AM

:agree: massive improvement - this is how it should’ve been done all along.

:agree: . :top marks

GreenCastle
01-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Hi

Thought I’d drop in with a quick update here. Unfortunately the scoreboard doesn’t allow for this. Great suggestion though.

Does the score board have capacity to have the half time results shown like the normal match result - or slow down the scroll ?

Also can it go past 90 mins ?

I’m sure I’ve seen the players names flash up on the scoreboard or am I imagining it ?!!

Long term alongside a PA system that can actually be made out in the back of the East Stand - Hibs should be getting a new scoreboard at each end (Famous Five Stand also) with the capacity to do more. I know both cost £ but find a sponsor and will help the match day experience.

That scoreboard has done pretty well considering it’s quite old.

Onceinawhile
01-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Does the score board have capacity to have the half time results shown like the normal match result - or slow down the scroll ?

Also can it go past 90 mins ?

I’m sure I’ve seen the players names flash up on the scoreboard or am I imagining it ?!!

Long term alongside a PA system that can actually be made out in the back of the East Stand - Hibs should be getting a new scoreboard at each end (Famous Five Stand also) with the capacity to do more. I know both cost £ but find a sponsor and will help the match day experience.

That scoreboard has done pretty well considering it’s quite old.

It's not allowed to. SFA/FIFA don't let in stadium clocks go beyond 45 (at the appropriate time) or 90.

GreenCastle
01-08-2019, 05:40 PM

I agree with you.

The safest option would be maybe just to cone off a lane for cars only or simply car ban before and after.

It's just drivers being impatient and like the side doors at the stadium folk seem to think they have priority when really they don't.

Power
29-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Morning all,

August quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update at the end of July.

It's been hard to summarise how we're all feeling at the minute as it is definitely a wide range of varying opinions over the Hibs landscape. At one end not happy & disappointed and others calm & persevering. Keep doing what you do and back the team and club. I will continue to navigate around everywhere to pick things up. The club reads these forums so will know where we're placed.

I recently asked about matchday experience. I wanted to ask the question about your ideal Hibs experience direct here and elsewhere to get some insight from a small band of supporters, as with any question/survey it is a moment in time and might not a true reflection of the overall support but I found it a useful exercise nonetheless. The football team will always come first in the clubs thoughts but we're important too and these are next in line. I'm more than confident about some of these areas being improved (certainly before I exit the building! Feel free to haud me tae that).

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/88b5573c-6f81-4a7a-9fc7-60ecf2141933-jpeg.1304/

Hibs Kids details are out to members and the first game is on the 26th October against Ross County - www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10248

When Elliot met Scott was brilliant
www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10188

I particularly enjoyed this yin www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10249

I attended the board meeting this week up at HTC. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/9063c06d-8a2c-49d5-80fa-971dcecb326d-jpeg.1305/

- Ticketing and Stadium Access – It has previously been flagged that the landing of the new ticketing partnership and system access hasn’t been smooth. The issues are still there and show no signs of improvement – this is now unacceptable after five home games and provides fans with the wrong experience before entering the ground.
Our next home game is Gunts on Sunday 22nd of September - we have no chance to replicate a sell out crowd in time with all turnstiles (however we do have the Scotland Women game at ER before then). Club will need ALL turnstiles open - recommendation is to have manually hand scanners available in all instead of relying on a system that hasn't/isn’t stable.
KP -The club fully agree with the above and I've seen some of difficult conversations played out to get this fixed. The club are working hard with the supplier to have this fixed but most important is access in that next home fixture.

- Supporter feedback - Supporters are unsettled at the moment. Sizeable number of fans are unhappy with lack of communication from behind the scenes and the performances of the team. On the other side, Fair number are backing the club & team to keep persevering and come good.
KP - I'm sure we'll hear more from the club shortly on what has and is going on but ultimately it's still all focus on getting the team firing on the pitch and playing to their potential.

As always, Hibs fans are barry, Since 1875 caught my attention this week - they're making another funding and physical help push to continue the great work they do for us on atmosphere. I'm honestly really inspired by their energy.

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/8e0d2989-110c-4394-9206-d785b8313082-jpeg.1306/

I’ve made a donation of £20 to them today and I'm really looking forward to their next display, coming soon!

This is what it feels like to be Hibs.

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/b0451d10-ba25-4755-bf2a-29fa089240c2-jpeg.1307/

KP

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Cheers KP. Were you able to get clarification on the rumours that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season?

Onceinawhile
29-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Cheers KP. Were you able to get clarification on the rumours that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season?

We've had two games that didn't include them - what were the prices for them? Surely that would answer the question?

Power
29-08-2019, 10:50 AM

Where’s that come from? We’ve just played St.Mirren and St.Johnstone at the following.

Ticket Prices:
Adult: £23
Executive (Adult Only): £32
Concessions (Over 65, 12-17 years old and students): £14
Child (2-11 years old): £12

MB62
29-08-2019, 10:52 AM

We've had two games that didn't include them - what were the prices for them? Surely that would answer the question?

£23 for the St. Mirren and St. Johnstone games.

First I have heard the club are thinking of charging £27. Would doubt the club would cut their own throat by doing that.

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 10:53 AM
If St Johnstone was our last home match of the season it would answer the question but there are still about 15 more to come

Where’s that come from? We’ve just played St.Mirren and St.Johnstone at the following.

Ticket Prices:
Adult: £23
Executive (Adult Only): £32
Concessions (Over 65, 12-17 years old and students): £14
Child (2-11 years old): £12
No clarification yet then. No probs!

CentreLine
29-08-2019, 10:58 AM
If St Johnstone was our last home match of the season it would answer the question but there are still about 15 more to come

Power’s reply seemed very clear to me. Top price £23 and lowest £12. That’s it for the non category A game this season. No?

Onceinawhile
29-08-2019, 11:02 AM

You asked if we were charging £27 for games not against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts.

We've had 2 home games where we haven't charged that. So the answer is no.

When was the last time we put prices up part way through a season? or by 20%?

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Power’s reply seemed very clear to me. Top price £23 and lowest £12. That’s it for the non category A game this season. No?
Are A and B the only categories?

CentreLine
29-08-2019, 11:11 AM

No. There is a cat c as well. But cat A covers the game that will be more expensive. Celtic, Sevco, Hearts and Aberdeen

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 11:23 AM
No. There is a cat c as well. But cat A covers the game that will be more expensive. Celtic, Sevco, Hearts and Aberdeen
Aberdeen were Cat B last year.

Maybe they are one of the non Hearts/OF teams that will be bumped up in price

matty_f
29-08-2019, 11:26 AM

Where is the theory that the prices are being bumped up coming from?

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 11:34 AM
Where is the theory that the prices are being bumped up coming from?
My super duper ITK insider top secret source

tamig
29-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Strange reply. Are you asking if the club are likely to hike prices for non-Cat A mid-season? Where’s the precedent for this and what prompted the question?

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Strange reply. Are you asking if the club are likely to hike prices for non-Cat A mid-season? Where’s the precedent for this and what prompted the question?
Yes, I am asking if there will be occasions this year where non Cat A games will be charged at a higher price than they were charged at last season.

The question has been prompted by the fact I was told this by someone and I am seeking clarification from our excellent fans rep.

Greenworld
29-08-2019, 11:57 AM
KP - I'm sure we'll hear more from the club shortly on what has and is going on but ultimately it's still all focus on getting the team firing on the pitch and playing to their potential.

Cheers for the update KP hope we here sooner rather later mate a lot of the stuff flying around could be put to bed by LD or RG

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

bingo70
29-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the update KP.

Can I ask if you’ve heard what’s happening with the free season ticket competition, think it was meant to be announced on Monday who had won it?

There was a thread on here last night but can’t find it just now.

Power
29-08-2019, 12:40 PM

Can I ask if you’ve heard what’s happening with the free season ticket competition, think it was meant to be announced on Monday who had won it?

There was a thread on here last night but can’t find it just now.

Nae knowledge but I’ll give a prod to the right area.

McSwanky
29-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Yes, I am asking if there will be occasions this year where non Cat A games will be charged at a higher price than they were charged at last season.

The question has been prompted by the fact I was told this by someone and I am seeking clarification from our excellent fans rep.

Maybe you could be clearer - obviously you've been told something specific, and you've come on here with a very general statement about 'non-OF and Hearts' games.

Probably better if you stump up what you have actually heard first, then our excellent fans' rep will have something concrete to look into!

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Maybe you could be clearer - obviously you've been told something specific, and you've come on here with a very general statement about 'non-OF and Hearts' games.

Probably better if you stump up what you have actually heard first, then our excellent fans' rep will have something concrete to look into!
I've heard that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for some games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season and I'm asking KP for clarification.

Gloucester Hibs
29-08-2019, 02:26 PM

My super duper ITK insider top secret source

And the prize for most disingenuous posts in a thread goes to.....

And finally we get to the nub of the matter.

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 02:46 PM
And the prize for most disingenuous posts in a thread goes to.....

And finally we get to the nub of the matter.
How can someone possibly be this worked up about a fan asking a fans rep for clarification on ticket pricing?

McSwanky
29-08-2019, 02:53 PM
I've heard that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for some games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season and I'm asking KP for clarification.

So now it's "some" games. It's like drawing teeth!

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 02:58 PM
So now it's "some" games. It's like drawing teeth!
Well it's hardly all games considering the prices for St Johnstone and St Mirren.

McSwanky
29-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Well it's hardly all games considering the prices for St Johnstone and St Mirren.

Thanks for that. So I'll bite then. Did you happen to hear which teams Hibs might be charging more for?

BoomtownHibees
29-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Thanks for that. So I'll bite then. Did you happen to hear which teams Hibs might be charging more for?

Does it really matter? Not sure why MWC is getting such a hard time over a simple question. He has obviously heard that some games may be classed higher than other so may be charged at a higher rate than what we have had so far. That to me, would be for the likes of Aberdeen. Legitimate question to ask KP if that’s what he has heard no?

McSwanky
29-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Does it really matter? Not sure why MWC is getting such a hard time over a simple question. He has obviously heard that some games may be classed higher than other so may be charged at a higher rate than what we have had so far. That to me, would be for the likes of Aberdeen. Legitimate question to ask KP if that’s what he has heard no?Legitimate question, yes. The way it was asked, not so much for me. Anyway, this isn't what this thread is about, so I'm going to leave it there.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
29-08-2019, 04:43 PM

So it’s now some games, when the last time you brought this up it was all non cat A games. This was after the opening day game, and we’ve since had another which was still at the usual prices.

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Legitimate question, yes. The way it was asked, not so much for me. Anyway, this isn't what this thread is about, so I'm going to leave it there.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
I asked "Cheers KP. Were you able to get clarification on the rumours that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season?"

I literally cannot even begin to see what is wrong with the question or the way it was asked.

So it’s now some games, when the last time you brought this up it was all non cat A games. This was after the opening day game, and we’ve since had another which was still at the usual prices.
See above. At no point did I ever say 'all' games. Please retract.

hibbysam
29-08-2019, 04:52 PM
I asked "Cheers KP. Were you able to get clarification on the rumours that walk ups can expect to pay £27 for games not including Hearts, Rangers or Celtic this season?"

I literally cannot even begin to see what is wrong with the question or the way it was asked.

So this is the first time you have brought up this point of topic? At no point did I say during this thread. You were at it after the St Mirren game, like I said.

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 04:54 PM
So this is the first time you have brought up this point of topic? At no point did I say during this thread. You were at it after the St Mirren game, like I said.
My previous post that you are referring to

Fair enough KP and thanks for the reply.

I’ve heard there’s another surprise in store with regards to ticket prices. Specifically that walk ups can expect to pay £27 and £15 respectively for adult and concession tickets for games that don’t even include Hearts, Celtic or Rangers.

I’d be interested to hear the boards position on this give that they won’t be able to attribute it to the unreasonable demands of a lower league club.

Ps, please don’t take this as a dig at you as I think you’re doing a cracking job as fans rep.

Once again, no mention of 'all' games.

Please retract

JimboHibs
29-08-2019, 05:02 PM

Please retract

Who did you hear the information from ?

You may be correct,the first time ive heard this is from yourself.

hibbysam
29-08-2019, 05:23 PM

Please retract

So you reckon charging an extra £4 per walk up head vs Aberdeen is going to cover the money lost from having no sponsor? We're just making it up as we go along now.

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 05:39 PM
So you reckon charging an extra £4 per walk up head vs Aberdeen is going to cover the money lost from having no sponsor? We're just making it up as we go along now.

I see you have chosen to ignore your inaccurate claim that I said ‘all games’ and instead of humbly retracting your statement and accepting your mistake you have decided to make yet another inaccurate claim against me in order to save face. Please retract.

The post you are referring to

It’s been suggested to me that the club has made the decision to raise ticket prices in order to make up some of the money lost through lack of sponsorship.

There’s that magic ‘S word’ again.

So to be clear, no. I do not reckon charging an extra £4 per walk up is going to cover the money lost from having no sponsor.

However, it has been suggested to me that ticket prices will be raised in order to make up some of the money lost.

ancient hibee
29-08-2019, 05:58 PM

Sorry to butt in .

Would it not have been better if you had said “for some of the games not etc.”This would have made it crystal clear.I certainly read it to mean all games.

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 06:14 PM
Sorry to butt in .

Would it not have been better if you had said “for some of the games not etc.”This would have made it crystal clear.I certainly read it to mean all games.
I’m sure it could have been worded a million and one different ways, yes.

hibbysam
29-08-2019, 06:14 PM
I see you have chosen to ignore your inaccurate claim that I said ‘all games’ and instead of humbly retracting your statement and accepting your mistake you have decided to make yet another inaccurate claim against me in order to save face. Please retract.

The post you are referring to

There’s that magic ‘S word’ again.

So to be clear, no. I do not reckon charging an extra £4 per walk up is going to cover the money lost from having no sponsor.

However, it has been suggested to me that ticket prices will be raised in order to make up some of the money lost.

Your first point depends what way you want to interpret what you said. St Johnstone and St Mirren are not games including Celtic Rangers and Hearts, yet nobody paid £27 walk up prices.

Secondly, your sponsorship post was mischievous to say the least, 2/3000 extra fans at £4 max extra over 1, possibly 2 games is nowhere near what our sponsorship was for the shirts. Think about what your saying and ask yourself if you really make any sense.

My_Wife_Camille
29-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Your first point depends what way you want to interpret what you said. St Johnstone and St Mirren are not games including Celtic Rangers and Hearts, yet nobody paid £27 walk up prices.

Secondly, your sponsorship post was mischievous to say the least, 2/3000 extra fans at £4 max extra over 1, possibly 2 games is nowhere near what our sponsorship was for the shirts. Think about what your saying and ask yourself if you really make any sense.
St Johnstone and St Mirren evidently aren’t the games where the prices will be raised then. That much is clear. I don’t know what games, if any, will be. Hence my question to KP to clear it up.

My second point was not mischievous in the slightest. It was a suggestion made to me by the person who told me prices are to rise. There was no suggestion at all about how much or to what extent it would cover the loss, just that the decision was made for that reason.

I’m amazed that such objection has arisen from a simple question to the fans rep. If the club do not intend on raising the price for these matches then I’m sure KP will communicate that to us and the info given to me will be shown to be false.

Power
29-08-2019, 07:00 PM
St Johnstone and St Mirren evidently aren’t the games where the prices will be raised then. That much is clear. I don’t know what games, if any, will be. Hence my question to KP to clear it up.

My second point was not mischievous in the slightest. It was a suggestion made to me by the person who told me prices are to rise. There was no suggestion at all about how much or to what extent it would cover the loss, just that the decision was made for that reason.

I’m amazed that such objection has arisen from a simple question to the fans rep. If the club do not intend on raising the price for these matches then I’m sure KP will communicate that to us and the info given to me will be shown to be false.

Nothing passed on to me from the club, nor aware of anything - I did go and check St.Mirren and St.Johnstone prices to be sure though!

Here to help flag anything to the club at any time ✅

18Craig75
29-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Nothing passed on to me from the club, nor aware of anything - I did go and check St.Mirren and St.Johnstone prices to be sure though!

Here to help flag anything to the club at any time ✅

Was RG at the last board meeting?

Power
29-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Was RG at the last board meeting?

He was aye.

tamig
29-08-2019, 10:49 PM

Maybe they’ll consider asking all season ticket holders to stump up an extra tenner or so at the same time. Sounds like a load of pie in the sky to me.

hibbysam
30-08-2019, 06:54 AM

It wasn’t a just a question though.

‘I’d be interested to hear the boards position on this give that they won’t be able to attribute it to the unreasonable demands of a lower league club’

That’s a dig at the club, asking them to state their position on a matter that’s not even been confirmed, and then claiming it’s to cover a substantial loss of income (basically implying that the board failed to secure a sponsor even after Leeann has said otherwise) to the tune of £10k or so, when our sponsorships are into 6 figures minimum.

Had you asked ‘I’ve heard prices for Aberdeen game are going to be higher, is that true’ and left it there when Kieran advised he hasn’t heard nothing to that tune then fair enough, but to waffle about ‘games not including Rangers Celtic Hearts’ then spout crap about sponsorship to make it seem like a money grabbing ploy to cover their own failings is mischievous.

Hibbyradge
30-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Does it matter? :bitchy:

My_Wife_Camille
30-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Maybe they’ll consider asking all season ticket holders to stump up an extra tenner or so at the same time. Sounds like a load of pie in the sky to me.
We’ll just have to wait and see then won’t we? It wouldn’t be the first time you’ve been on at me telling me I’m wrong about something that’s turned out to be correct.

Funny that you’re never as quick to hold your hands up and say you were wrong afterwards...

It wasn’t a just a question though.

‘I’d be interested to hear the boards position on this give that they won’t be able to attribute it to the unreasonable demands of a lower league club’

That’s a dig at the club, asking them to state their position on a matter that’s not even been confirmed, and then claiming it’s to cover a substantial loss of income (basically implying that the board failed to secure a sponsor even after Leeann has said otherwise) to the tune of £10k or so, when our sponsorships are into 6 figures minimum.

Had you asked ‘I’ve heard prices for Aberdeen game are going to be higher, is that true’ and left it there when Kieran advised he hasn’t heard nothing to that tune then fair enough, but to waffle about ‘games not including Rangers Celtic Hearts’ then spout crap about sponsorship to make it seem like a money grabbing ploy to cover their own failings is mischievous.
Give it a rest now.

I asked a clear and fair question of KP and he’s answered to the best of his knowledge so far.

Your desperate, and quite frankly pathetic, attempts at twisting my question to give it an alternative meaning even after you’ve been shown to be making things up yourself are not working. Additionally, you are the one that keeps mentioning Aberdeen, not me. Add that to the growing list of things you are making up to justify your bizarre objection to a reasonable question.

My question remains clear, fair and open.

My_Wife_Camille
30-08-2019, 07:25 AM
Does it matter? :bitchy:
Exactly this.

The bizarre and over the top reaction has now blown a fairly low key and general question from a fan well out of proportion.

Imo it does matter but certainly not enough to warrant the levels of objection from some posters on here.

w pilton hibby
30-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Exactly this.

The bizarre and over the top reaction has now blown a fairly low key and general question from a fan well out of proportion.

Imo it does matter but certainly not enough to warrant the levels of objection from some posters on here.

A more interesting question/answer would be who told you this information. Not their name etc but their proximity and relevance to Hibs and how he/she managed to convince you there is any substance to the rumour.

Moulin Yarns
30-08-2019, 10:00 AM
A more interesting question/answer would be who told you this information. Not their name etc but their proximity and relevance to Hibs and how he/she managed to convince you there is any substance to the rumour.

I also have to wonder if Hibs, or indeed any club, would be morally and legally be allowed to change prices midway through a season where season ticket prices are fixed before a kick of the ball.

tamig
30-08-2019, 11:56 AM
We’ll just have to wait and see then won’t we? It wouldn’t be the first time you’ve been on at me telling me I’m wrong about something that’s turned out to be correct.

Funny that you’re never as quick to hold your hands up and say you were wrong afterwards...

More than happy to hold up my hands and apologise if I got something wrong. I just don’t trawl back through every thread I’ve posted on if something happens to come to fruition weeks or months down the line. I tend to move on to other things. The main reason I posted on this in the first place was because I thought the tone of your original response to KP came across as quite rude. No need imo. Apologies if it was misinterpreted.

My_Wife_Camille
30-08-2019, 12:08 PM
More than happy to hold up my hands and apologise if I got something wrong. I just don’t trawl back through every thread I’ve posted on if something happens to come to fruition weeks or months down the line. I tend to move on to other things. The main reason I posted on this in the first place was because I thought the tone of your original response to KP came across as quite rude. No need imo. Apologies if it was misinterpreted.
Yes, it was indeed misinterpreted and I appreciate your acknowledgement of that. I have been nothing but complimentary towards KP who is doing a top job as fans rep imo.

tamig
30-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Yes, it was indeed misinterpreted and I appreciate your acknowledgement of that. I have been nothing but complimentary towards KP who is doing a top job as fans rep imo.

Agreed. And I think he tries his best to get answers to all the queries raised on here and elsewhere but obviously some things are out of his remit. A refreshing change.

Jones28
30-08-2019, 12:22 PM
One thing I would like to ask is how does the club interoperable information fed back by our fans reps? What I mean by that is, to use one example, the catering side of things. I’ve no doubt that all the reps will have seen the concerns and problems from fans and there for relayed them to the club, how do the club then act upon it?

Sticking with the catering, is it because they are under contract?

Power
30-08-2019, 01:02 PM
One thing I would like to ask is how does the club interoperable information fed back by our fans reps? What I mean by that is, to use one example, the catering side of things. I’ve no doubt that all the reps will have seen the concerns and problems from fans and there for relayed them to the club, how do the club then act upon it?

Sticking with the catering, is it because they are under contract?

Yes ✅

hibbysam
30-08-2019, 03:52 PM

Give it a rest now.

I asked a clear and fair question of KP and he’s answered to the best of his knowledge so far.

Your desperate, and quite frankly pathetic, attempts at twisting my question to give it an alternative meaning even after you’ve been shown to be making things up yourself are not working. Additionally, you are the one that keeps mentioning Aberdeen, not me. Add that to the growing list of things you are making up to justify your bizarre objection to a reasonable question.

My question remains clear, fair and open.

Apologies for assuming Aberdeen, however it’s the only game justifying your question of being above the two saints sides and below the cat A sides.

It’s not desperate nor pathetic, had you just asked a question then fine, however you also added in a nonsensical potential argument about lost revenue from sponsorships. It made no sense and you know that. I’m sure the pricing will be out for most games soon enough and we will see, one things for sure though, it won’t come anywhere close to covering the revenue stream closed down by not having a sponsor, I’d also suggest it won’t have any baring on the potential attendance of said game if it did happen.

Power
30-09-2019, 11:05 AM
Afternoon all,

September quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update at the end of August.

I think we can definitely say the season has been a slow burner - last Wednesday and Saturday is most welcome and I believe it'll be onwards and upwards. Keep doing what you do - genuinely believe we, the fans, got us over the line in both games recently.

Turnstile performance and access was flagged in July and escalated in August. Thanks to all the supporter volunteers that gave up their time on Wednesday 18th to help test around the stadium - the software and access is back to the right performance levels (no lag, quick changeover and QR recognition). Stewarding will still be on hand to support the niggles.

We asked for more communication in August and Leeann posted an update via Hibs TV on 30th August.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE-lfOt0z4E&app=desktop

Other noteworthy news

Semi-Final details confirmed
www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10318 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10318)

Club statement - George Craig

This was emotional - Rena's story
www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10299 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10299)

__________________________________________________ ______________________

I attended the board meeting last week. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Supporter feedback - Sizeable number of fans are unhappy with results and performances before our recent games. I passed on concerns (covering a number of points - results, performances, losing faith in football management, wanting change, need to keep improving) which are always taken into account. On the flipside, fair number of fans are keen to build on the last two games and charge up the league - starting Saturday at Aberdeen before we take on Hamilton and Ross County.

- More communication - to hear from the club on direction of travel once plans put in place (linked to the above youtube video).

__________________________________________________ _______________________

As always, Hibs fans are barry - the Since 1875 display was well landed.

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/a98b9962-f82b-40d2-83a1-74f60dda98f5-jpeg.1427/

Met up with Mickey Weir recently - the legend is an ambassador of Show Racism the Red Card initiative - a fantastic cause which continues to tackle racism through education - enabling role models to present an anti-racist message to people. The educational charity has a wear red day initiative on Friday 4th of October.

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/e9fa2fa3-b08e-4587-8d7c-0adc5b8fd3a5-jpeg.1428/

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/f8b381d7-08f9-4a42-a365-483a27ae8816-jpeg.1429/

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/573323b6-1318-4106-98be-69dd31d8a66b-jpeg.1430/

This type of initiative isn't exclusive to this one date and I've no doubt we'll see it again around Easter Road soon(advertised during big live televised matches last season). I've made a donation of £20 to this cause.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/167d1740-f0e4-4e4a-b804-a46b579f23e0-jpeg.1431/

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/0101d3f4-ff72-49ec-aa6c-4de9a25a7f2d-jpeg.1433/

I took Drejc, a student from Trglav, Slovenia, to the game on Saturday. Owen W alerted me to a post online to say he will be coming to study here next year and is keen to find a team that fits - it had to be the cabbage.

Drejc plays at a decent standard back home in Slovenia and was an avid watcher on Saturday. He loved our passion for the game - he thought Scott Allan and Christian Doidge were our best performers (I'll not repeat what he thought of the referee and the opposition).

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/fc9198ac-8ec6-43fc-a529-5af1f818bb61-jpeg.1432/

There is a young lad in our support that is going through a really tough time at the moment. Got him the purple away kit to let him know that #WeAreAllHibs and this will always be his home from home.

Loved this reaction here - tremendous. the clubs future support.
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1176972295073607681 (https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1176972295073607681)

KP

matty_f
30-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Afternoon all,

September quickfire update - what has been happening since my last update at the end of August.

I think we can definitely say the season has been a slow burner - last Wednesday and Saturday is most welcome and I believe it'll be onwards and upwards. Keep doing what you do - genuinely believe we, the fans, got us over the line in both games recently.

Turnstile performance and access was flagged in July and escalated in August. Thanks to all the supporter volunteers that gave up their time on Wednesday 18th to help test around the stadium - the software and access is back to the right performance levels (no lag, quick changeover and QR recognition). Stewarding will still be on hand to support the niggles.

We asked for more communication in August and Leeann posted an update via Hibs TV on 30th August.

Other noteworthy news

I attended the board meeting last week. Points flagged to the board by myself and Tracey (and as always, not on behalf of all supporters but a fair proportion).

- Supporter feedback - Sizeable number of fans are unhappy with results and performances before our recent games. I passed on concerns (covering a number of points - results, performances, losing faith in football management, wanting change, need to keep improving) which are always taken into account. On the flipside, fair number of fans are keen to build on the last two games and charge up the league - starting Saturday at Aberdeen before we take on Hamilton and Ross County.

- More communication - to hear from the club on direction of travel once plans put in place (linked to the above youtube video).

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/a98b9962-f82b-40d2-83a1-74f60dda98f5-jpeg.1427/

Met up with Mickey Weir recently - the legend is an ambassador of Show Racism the Red Card initiative - a fantastic cause which continues to tackle racism through education - enabling role models to present an anti-racist message to people. The educational charity has a wear red day initiative on Friday 4th of October.

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/e9fa2fa3-b08e-4587-8d7c-0adc5b8fd3a5-jpeg.1428/

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/f8b381d7-08f9-4a42-a365-483a27ae8816-jpeg.1429/

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/573323b6-1318-4106-98be-69dd31d8a66b-jpeg.1430/

This type of initiative isn't exclusive to this one date and I've no doubt we'll see it again around Easter Road soon(advertised during big live televised matches last season). I've made a donation of £20 to this cause.

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/167d1740-f0e4-4e4a-b804-a46b579f23e0-jpeg.1431/

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/0101d3f4-ff72-49ec-aa6c-4de9a25a7f2d-jpeg.1433/

I took Drejc, a student from Trglav, Slovenia, to the game on Saturday. Owen W alerted me to a post online to say he will be coming to study here next year and is keen to find a team that fits - it had to be the cabbage.

Drejc plays at a decent standard back home in Slovenia and was an avid watcher on Saturday. He loved our passion for the game - he thought Scott Allan and Christian Doidge were our best performers (I'll not repeat what he thought of the referee and the opposition).

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/fc9198ac-8ec6-43fc-a529-5af1f818bb61-jpeg.1432/

There is a young lad in our support that is going through a really tough time at the moment. Got him the purple away kit to let him know that #WeAreAllHibs and this will always be his home from home.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1176972295073607681 (https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1176972295073607681)

KP

Great update Kieran.

Bob Box Fish
30-09-2019, 11:30 AM
Afternoon all,

Other noteworthy news

KP

Good work.

Is there any mention of when Ron Gordon will release his plans for the football club, if I remember correctly, I’m sure Leanne mentioned when Ron came in they would release a statement in a few months of their long term strategic plan?

Power
30-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Good work.

Is there any mention of when Ron Gordon will release his plans for the football club, if I remember correctly, I’m sure Leanne mentioned when Ron came in they would release a statement in a few months of their long term strategic plan?

Good shout, it will come (hence keeping communication on the pad) it’s touched on in that YouTube video - hopefully soon. Think it’s key that it’s a full update with detail.

Billy Whizz
30-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the update KP

snedzuk
30-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the update. I use the styles 17 - 20. Each game tbis season my card has been fine. Until Saturday. Showed up a couple of minutes late and no queues so assume there has been an improvement, but I had to go to all 4 gates to get one that worked.

HibbyAndy
30-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Superb K :aok:

bringbackbenny
30-09-2019, 12:39 PM
good status update - sincerely appreciated.

Power
30-09-2019, 12:40 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1178620567483768832?s=12

wookie70
30-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the update. Well done for keeping us regularly informed.

hibsforeurope
30-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Afternoon all,

Other noteworthy news

KP

Thanks for the update.

Was this the board’s consensus? What happens if we don’t beat Hamilton and Ross county? Will something change then?

Power
30-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the update.

Was this the board’s consensus? What happens if we don’t beat Hamilton and Ross county? Will something change then?

If we didn’t beat Hamilton and Ross County I think we would all be the next level up fae disappointed. No positives in speculating - time to start winning games (Aberdeen first, they’re there for the taking - even up there).

18Craig75
30-09-2019, 03:51 PM
If we didn’t beat Hamilton and Ross County I think we would all be the next level up fae disappointed. No positives in speculating - time to start winning games (Aberdeen first, they’re there for the taking - even up there).

So what was the consensus of the board when you put it to them that a lot (vast majority i’d say) wanted Hecky and the management team gone?

Obviously two decent results have calmed things down a bit; but I’m assuming the board meeting was held when tensions were still running high!

Diclonius
30-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the update.

Brooster
30-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Excellent update KP, thanks for that. Can I express my disappointment at Hibs charging £8 for a development friendly please.

PaulSmith
30-09-2019, 04:09 PM
Anyone ken if there’s still working group meetings, is there one tonight, is there an agenda shared in advance, who attends from the club etc

Congruence
30-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Great update- Thank You Kieran:thumbsup:

ian cruise
30-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the update KP

ian cruise
30-09-2019, 05:48 PM
So what was the consensus of the board when you put it to them that a lot (vast majority i’d say) wanted Hecky and the management team gone?

Obviously two decent results have calmed things down a bit; but I’m assuming the board meeting was held when tensions were still running high!

I think we need to acknowledge that it's great the supporters reps can provide us with updates but we need to understand there's going to be things that they can't discuss, such as the board's thoughts on the manager's position. Until Heckingbottom is gone the official line will be they gave 100% faith in him, even if it's not completely true (I have no idea of it is or isn't but I suspect they're asking difficult questions).

Sir David Gray
30-09-2019, 05:50 PM

Do you honestly expect that question to be answered?

Sammy7nil
30-09-2019, 05:55 PM

Great update well done. That photo though 19 management / support staff really ?

Sammy7nil
30-09-2019, 05:59 PM

great update thanks. That photo though 19 management / support staff, Really ?

Hibs90
30-09-2019, 06:03 PM

I'd say it was more than a sizeable number to be honest. Keen to hear what the board said to the above if you can KP?

The 90+2
30-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Thanks KP.

ancient hibee
30-09-2019, 06:21 PM
I'd say it was more than a sizeable number to be honest. Keen to hear what the board said to the above if you can KP?

You've got to be kidding.

18Craig75
30-09-2019, 06:22 PM

Well yes, I would expect a supporters representative to feed back important points from board meetings...without obviously going into too much detail on the more sensitive info. It’s all well and good the reps taking points to the board (which the current reps are doing a good job of) but surely we need to hear how those points go down, or how they will be actioned.

Isn’t that the point?

BroxburnHibee
30-09-2019, 06:23 PM

I know. Clearly some fans think he could answer it though.

ancient hibee
30-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Well yes, I would expect a supporters representative to feed back important points from board meetings...without obviously going into too much detail on the more sensitive info. It’s all well and good the reps taking points to the board (which the current reps are doing a good job of) but surely we need to hear how those points go down, or how they will be actioned.

Isn’t that the point?

You really think that he's going to blab about what board members have to say about club employees?

Sir David Gray
30-09-2019, 06:31 PM

Isn’t that the point?

You were asking what the consensus of the board members was in terms of discussing the future of the manager.

What club ever divulges the job security of the manager to its supporters? I don't believe Heckingbottom should be the manager but I would not expect discussions that are taking place at boardroom level surrounding the position of the manager to be put into the public domain.

It's unprofessional and unfair on the manager. I wouldn't expect any manager to accept that.

WhileTheChief..
30-09-2019, 07:14 PM
That photo though 19 management / support staff really ?

Guess that’s where the budget has gone over the last year or so!

hibsforeurope
30-09-2019, 07:27 PM

Agreed, more confident of a result this week than I was a week ago.

Power
30-09-2019, 09:40 PM

Isn’t that the point?

Fair to ask the question, similar to DD one. I can’t go into the detail here but I can confirm that a balanced supporters view was put across and it is always taken into account. Myself and Tracey being there is definitely not a tick box exercise and there is a lot of trust put on us by the fans that we get everything over - either in writing or verbally.

We’re backing the team, as we always do, and the team responded to that in the last two games and it’s continuing that vice versa to get us where we want to be.

*Brooster made a note of that sir. Flagged already elsewhere too ✅

MartinfaePorty
30-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Thanks, as ever, for the updates. I have a minor quibble, which is that there is a tv in the East Stand concourse (Section 40) that's been dodgy for a few seasons now (some weeks on, others off), but now appears to have given up the ghost and hasn't been on all season. Any chance of getting it fixed or replaced, as it's the one nearest to where we come out and congregate at half-time? Small beer I know, but very annoying nevertheless.

Power
30-09-2019, 09:54 PM
Thanks, as ever, for the updates. I have a minor quibble, which is that there is a tv in the East Stand concourse (Section 40) that's been dodgy for a few seasons now (some weeks on, others off), but now appears to have given up the ghost and hasn't been on all season. Any chance of getting it fixed or replaced, as it's the one nearest to where we come out and congregate at half-time? Small beer I know, but very annoying nevertheless.

Let’s stick that on the maintenance list (I’ve got a couple of things to add from the weekend) - do think the televisions are coming to the end of their self lives.

bigwheel
30-09-2019, 09:57 PM
Tell you what - we can’t ask for better engagement on this forum than KP is doing - top class that ..hats off ! ✊️

18Craig75
01-10-2019, 06:34 AM
Fair to ask the question, similar to DD one. I can’t go into the detail here but I can confirm that a balanced supporters view was put across and it is always taken into account. Myself and Tracey being there is definitely not a tick box exercise and there is a lot of trust put on us by the fans that we get everything over - either in writing or verbally.

We’re backing the team, as we always do, and the team responded to that in the last two games and it’s continuing that vice versa to get us where we want to be.

*Brooster made a note of that sir. Flagged already elsewhere too ✅

Thanks for the reply 👍👍

Brooster
01-10-2019, 07:03 AM
*Brooster made a note of that sir. Flagged already elsewhere too ✅[/QUOTE]

Top of the Pops KP.

Helensburghhibs
01-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Let’s stick that on the maintenance list (I’ve got a couple of things to add from the weekend) - do think the televisions are coming to the end of their self lives.

Is there any reason there isn't a live feed on the tvs anymore? Always take the boy for a pie 5 mins before halftime and dread missing a goal during that Time

Power
01-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Is there any reason there isn't a live feed on the tvs anymore? Always take the boy for a pie 5 mins before halftime and dread missing a goal during that Time

I’ve seen that feedback passed on recently (in connection with using/promoting Hibs TV and content) - something the club can look at.

I sometimes disappear for a pie/toilet stop in the hope they do score 👀 (superstition and aw that).

*Martinfp on the list ✅

Barney McGrew
01-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Kieran - I think the fact you take time out each month to provide this update is absolutely fantastic. It should have been something that was done by previous fan elected board members IMO, as it’s a great way to keep a sizeable chunk of the support informed of what’s going on.

Keep up the good work fella :aok:

DarlingtonHibee
01-10-2019, 09:43 AM
You really think that he's going to blab about what board members have to say about club employees?

According to posters on here a director told a group of people what the McGinn deal was.

The 90+2
01-10-2019, 09:49 AM
According to posters on here a director told a group of people what the McGinn deal was.

It was the old St Mirren chairman 👍

DarlingtonHibee
01-10-2019, 09:52 AM
It was the old St Mirren chairman 👍

Pretty sure two private members posted to say it was a hibs director

The 90+2
01-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Fair enough, news to me cheers.

DarlingtonHibee
01-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Fair enough, news to me cheers.

No worries mate

Hibbyradge
01-10-2019, 10:10 AM

:agree:

On the McGinn thread below.

09.50 on 29 September

DarlingtonHibee
01-10-2019, 10:17 AM
:agree:

On the McGinn thread below.

09.50 on 29 September

Cheers mate

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Kieran - I think the fact you take time out each month to provide this update is absolutely fantastic. It should have been something that was done by previous fan elected board members IMO, as it’s a great way to keep a sizeable chunk of the support informed of what’s going on.

Keep up the good work fella :aok:

Definitely- what a big improvement on those in the role previously. Promised it and is delivering it. ✅

BT58
02-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Do you have to be on twitter to get these links. For some reason im getting nowt on my android fone, probably an age thing :-(
B
Good work tho KP

Power
02-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Do you have to be on twitter to get these links. For some reason im getting nowt on my android fone, probably an age thing :-(
B
Good work tho KP

Ah! Twitter Video at the bottom of this update here BT https://www.stpats.club/kp-update-september/

My_Wife_Camille
02-10-2019, 06:55 PM

Just to follow up on my own question earlier in the thread for those who were asking, I’ve had it confirmed that it is in fact Aberdeen tickets that will be £28 for walk ups

BT58
03-10-2019, 04:45 AM
Ah! Twitter Video at the bottom of this update here BT https://www.stpats.club/kp-update-september/

Cheers for that KP.
B

hibsforeurope
19-10-2019, 08:37 PM

Now that it’s not speculation, we’ve not won either of these winnable games, since Celtic. Are the boards sitting up and going to take action? I fear we’re only going 1 way if we don’t act now.

BlackSheep
29-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Any AGM updates...?

Power
29-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Any AGM updates...?

Nothing scheduled at the moment.

PatHead
29-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Have the accounts been finalised yet?

BlackSheep
30-10-2019, 06:29 AM
Any info from Tuesdays board meeting?

Brooster
30-10-2019, 06:34 AM
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to think of any reasonable explanation as to why the manager hasn't been sacked. It's quite incredible really.

Beefster
30-10-2019, 06:36 AM
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to think of any reasonable explanation as to why the manager hasn't been sacked. It's quite incredible really.

It’s not quite guaranteed that we’re in a relegation battle yet. Wait until it’s guaranteed and then maybe add on a month or so.

Ozyhibby
30-10-2019, 06:39 AM
Any info from Tuesdays board meeting?

Aye, the club intend to plod along from one crap result to the next. Might offer a promotion or two to whoever is underachieving most. Most importantly we are entering another third sector partnership to house the homeless in the FF stand from next season as it won’t be needed for fans due to expected lower crowds.

bingo70
30-10-2019, 06:40 AM
It’s not quite guaranteed that we’re in a relegation battle yet. Wait until it’s guaranteed and then maybe add on a month or so.

It does appear that’s the limit of our ambition just now.

Heisenberg
30-10-2019, 06:52 AM

I’m the same. Absolutely ridiculous situation to be in. He’ll no doubt scrape a win/draw tonight and it’ll drag on another few months.

mcfly
30-10-2019, 07:24 AM
It’s hard to believe how far we have fallen in such a short time.

Look back to the cup games v hearts under the lights when Easter road was packed and noisy

Tonight will be like a library.

The silence from our board is disappointing- what happened to communication with the supporters who are disillusioned with the alarming drop in player standards , boring football and the awful management team who promised high pressing football 🤔

club worked so hard to get fans back. Unless big decisions are made and fast season tickets sales will plummet.

Speedway
30-10-2019, 07:27 AM
We didn’t sack Miller when he had us in the bottom two, we gave him a further six years.

Vote Bottom 2026!

angus hibby
30-10-2019, 08:08 AM
It’s hard to believe how far we have fallen in such a short time.

Look back to the cup games v hearts under the lights when Easter road was packed and noisy

Tonight will be like a library.

The silence from our board is disappointing- what happened to communication with the supporters who are disillusioned with the alarming drop in player standards , boring football and the awful management team who promised high pressing football 🤔

club worked so hard to get fans back. Unless big decisions are made and fast season tickets sales will plummet.

Pretty sure if we had a midweek cup game against Hearts now, it would be packed and noisy.

What do you want the board to come out and say exactly? Any concerns they have about results will rightly be discussed with PH in private.

calumhibee1
30-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Pretty sure if we had a midweek cup game against Hearts now, it would be packed and noisy.

What do you want the board to come out and say exactly? Any concerns they have about results will rightly be discussed with PH in private.

Pretty much how I see it. The club haven’t sacked him yet so they cant say a lot publicly. If they came out and said that they backed him to turn it round they’d be slaughtered. If they came out and regurgitated what PH says in his interviews they’d be slaughtered. If they came out and said results and performances aren’t good enough they’d be slaughtered for not taking action. There’s no point in them making any form of statement imo as the only statement folk are wanting to see is the one that says he’s gone.

jeffers
30-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Pretty much how I see it. The club haven’t sacked him yet so they cant say a lot publicly. If they came out and said that they backed him to turn it round they’d be slaughtered. If they came out and regurgitated what PH says in his interviews they’d be slaughtered. If they came out and said results and performances aren’t good enough they’d be slaughtered for not taking action. There’s no point in them making any form of statement imo as the only statement folk are wanting to see is the one that says he’s gone.

I disagree, they are getting slaughtered already. Other than a very small minority I can't believe any Hibs fan thinks he should still be in charge, lets hear from the very folk who have control over it why he still is.