PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Women

Brightside
01-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Next game to be played at Tynecastle. Free entry with a club Season Ticket. Hopefully we will follow.

Bishop Hibee
01-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Why?

Brightside
01-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Why?

Its what other clubs are doing to promote their community brand. :wink:

Keith_M
01-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Its what other clubs are doing to promote their community brand. :wink:

It's what everybody is doing to be seen to be open and inclusive.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Good idea but doubtful

Unless we use it as a way to promote and support the girls and congratulate them on another good season.

We've just lunched a season ticket for the ladies team

Only £50. and you see alot more wins and cups than the male team :wink:

Oscar T Grouch
01-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Hearts are putting over £100k into their women’s team, you’d assume this is part of that ‘investment’ rather than hard cash. They were in the 2nd their last season. Hibs ladies sell STs so I doubt it’s feasible to offer free entry. We also have a deal with Spartans to use their ground too so using ER is probably out too. Next season will be an interesting one. Celtic and Hearts are investing heavily in their women’s teams so there should be good competition for us and Glasgow City.

Jim44
01-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Good idea but doubtful

Unless we use it as a way to promote and support the girls and congratulate them on another good season.

......... must be dinner ladies. :greengrin

Since452
01-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Next game to be played at Tynecastle. Free entry with a club Season Ticket. Hopefully we will follow.

Hopefully they get annihilated by whoever they're playing, it's pishing down and the chips give the home support food poisoning.

Here’s Lucy!
01-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Good idea but doubtful

Sounds tasty.

Just Jimmy
01-05-2019, 05:11 PM
we played Bayern at Easter Road already.

Keep up hearts...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hakim Sar
01-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Will there be chips?

In all seriousness Hearts have done the right thing here. Hope the female teams get a good turn out next year. Always interesting to see how the Scottish national womens side performs.

Bishop Hibee
01-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Lots of professional women’s teams in England play at a smaller stadium than the men’s team. Arsenal play at Boreham Wood’s ground. Just noticed we are signed up to use Spartans ground. Sensible. Also, as has been said, Hearts are investing £100K in their woman’s team. This will cover free entry comfortably. We should be looking for sponsorship of the Hibs woman’s team in addition to and separate from that of the men’s team.

hibee62
01-05-2019, 06:55 PM
Don’t we have a deal where the women’s team play 1 game a season at Easter road? The champions leagues game was there in 2016 and in other seasons it’s been a one off I think. I imagine if they make the main draw of the CL again they’ll use Easter road for that game.

CMurdoch
01-05-2019, 11:23 PM

That's a good idea. It will see them playing on front of bigger crowds than any other team and possibly selling a few more season tickets.

Austinho
02-05-2019, 03:07 AM
The club should invite the Since 1875 lot down to one (if not more) of the women’s games - a drummer and a bit of a sing song would give it a bit of atmosphere and encourage even more to attend.

Brightside
02-05-2019, 06:30 AM
we played Bayern at Easter Road already.

Keep up hearts...

Not exactly recently and it was pay at the gate.

green&left
02-05-2019, 06:56 AM
Nothing more than a publicity stunt. Why goto the expense of opening an 8000 seater stand and damaging the pitch for a team that gets 100 fans?

Meadowbank (when built), Spartans and oriam offer perfect facilities for that level.

Just Jimmy
02-05-2019, 06:57 AM
Not exactly recently and it was pay at the gate.alright, let's instead praise hearts and have a pop at Hibs.

green with envy
02-05-2019, 07:03 AM
A thread dedicated to the woman's herts team is on a new level, even for Hibs.Net.

Bonkers!

hibsbollah
02-05-2019, 07:11 AM
A thread dedicated to the woman's herts team is on a new level, even for Hibs.Net.

Bonkers!

Not really, the board is about discussion of football in general.

It's a well discussed issue; that despite the occasional big attendance, women's football attendances remain poor. There's a good argument that this is partly down to them not playing at the traditional 'home' of the mens side (I think Man City are the exception but they play at an arena attached to the Etihad). If the occasional Hibs women's game were played at ER, and it was marketed properly, there's a good chance you'd get a far bigger attendance because the two teams would be more closely linked in the minds of fans.