PDA

View Full Version : Potential Hecky ban

Tha Cabbage Kid
01-05-2019, 07:49 AM
Just read that they are thinking to slap Hecky with a ban due to his comments about that twat of a forth official. Stating he may be ban in accordance with breach of rules 'impinging on someone’s character'. Is this even possible? How can that be the case? By stating he would knock him out if he had said that to him outside of football? Has nothing to do with his character. In any case if the official had swore at him them why is the official getting away with abuse? I think Hecky is angry at the same thing and wanted to show the media it can be two sided. But only one side will be pulled up.
Rant over [emoji848]

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Tha Cabbage Kid
01-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Damn predictive text. Can someone change my title from Becky to Hecky?

Keith_M
01-05-2019, 08:01 AM
TBH, I'm a bit dissapointed he hasn't had a ban, or even a warning, of any kind yet.

I think he's got a fair bit of catching up to do with Lennon's achievements on that front.

Bostonhibby
01-05-2019, 08:05 AM
TBH, I'm a bit dissapointed he hasn't had a ban, or even a warning, of any kind yet.

I think he's got a fair bit of catching up to do with Lennon's achievements on that front.He's Hibs manager, the SPFL will find a way.

Can he be banned for being Lennons successor? Or maybe for just not being Lennon?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
01-05-2019, 08:08 AM
Is this mistake number 2?

Dalianwanda
01-05-2019, 08:10 AM
It reminds me a bit of a referee telling a story, at a dinner I was at, about an altercation he had with Frank MacAvennie (I think)...He was booked and MacAvennie said "what would you do if I called you a *****?" Ref said "I would book you & send you off son" "What would you do if I thought you were a *****?" "Well I cant do anything for something you think" "Well I think your a *****"....:greengrin

Since452
01-05-2019, 08:37 AM
Is this mistake number 2?

😂

Carheenlea
01-05-2019, 08:50 AM
Managers on the touchline have more emotional investment with what is playing out on the pitch than a fourth official who as part of his responsibility is to keep order in the dugouts. By swearing at Heckingbottom in a manner to anger him like we saw, he would appear to have overstepped the mark in what is expected of his role overseeing the dugout area. If Heckingbottom is to be hauled in front of the beaks for his comments, then what the fourth official said to him will be revealed which should result in the fourth official facing punishment and having a spell on the sidelines himself.
Heck said he wasn’t going to take it further and was happy to move on, so would be surprised if this went further more so to save the face of fourth official.

green day
01-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Managers on the touchline have more emotional investment with what is playing out on the pitch than a fourth official who as part of his responsibility is to keep order in the dugouts. By swearing at Heckingbottom in a manner to anger him like we saw, he would appear to have overstepped the mark in what is expected of his role overseeing the dugout area. If Heckingbottom is to be hauled in front of the beaks for his comments, then what the fourth official said to him will be revealed which should result in the fourth official facing punishment and having a spell on the sidelines himself.
Heck said he wasn’t going to take it further and was happy to move on, so would be surprised if this went further more so to save the face of fourth official.

I agree, and - similar to Steve Clarke saying "bring it on" when asked if he would get a slap for his comments - I am pretty sure the SFA dont really want to hear that their ref said XY or Z.

Lets remember that he didnt "knock his teeth out" at the time, but said he wouldnt be happy if it happened out in the street or whatever.

HibeeHibernian4
01-05-2019, 09:08 AM
To be fair, it was a bit weird. Thought we'd left that sort of thing behind with Lennon, felt like deflection tactics 101 if you watch the interview. Reporter starts asking a question and Heckingbottom can barely wait until he's finished to blurt out about his confrontation with the fourth official. Odd moment, but I like enough of what I've seen not to let it worry me too much.

DarlingtonHibee
01-05-2019, 09:10 AM
Think it will be a warning, because they won't want to discipline the 4th official.

Jones28
01-05-2019, 09:58 AM
To be fair, it was a bit weird. Thought we'd left that sort of thing behind with Lennon, felt like deflection tactics 101 if you watch the interview. Reporter starts asking a question and Heckingbottom can barely wait until he's finished to blurt out about his confrontation with the fourth official. Odd moment, but I like enough of what I've seen not to let it worry me too much.

I thought he was just being honest, not deflecting anything.

Interveiwer asked him about being animated on the touch line and that's when he said what he said?

NAE NOOKIE
01-05-2019, 10:11 AM
So far Heckingbottom has come across as a pretty controlled calm character, he doesn't seem like the type to get too carried away with good results or too bent out of shape over bad ones, not that he's had many bad ones, and he doesn't look like a ranter and raver in the technical area either.

Perhaps he was just using the opportunity the 4th official had given him to remind everybody that he isn't a soft touch … whatever the case as others have said I highly doubt the SPFL will want it made public what was said that made Hecky so angry, in which case they'll leave it alone if they have any sense.

stokesmessiah
01-05-2019, 10:26 AM
It was a stupid thing to say and if something comes of it, it's no big surprise.

Ronniekirk
01-05-2019, 10:32 AM
Just read that they are thinking to slap Hecky with a ban due to his comments about that twat of a forth official. Stating he may be ban in accordance with breach of rules 'impinging on someone’s character'. Is this even possible? How can that be the case? By stating he would knock him out if he had said that to him outside of football? Has nothing to do with his character. In any case if the official had swore at him them why is the official getting away with abuse? I think Hecky is angry at the same thing and wanted to show the media it can be two sided. But only one side will be pulled up.
Rant over [emoji848]

My son was saying there is some football podcast programme on t v
One of the guys on it was claiming Heck has form for getting a bit weird and not handling the press well when the going gets tough Stated he has got off to too good a start and that won’t last and predicting he will be sacked by End of next Season
Anyone seen this Am assuming the guy on the podcast making these claims was a Jambo
To date I have been impressed with how calm and collected he has been in press conferences But the comment
He would knock the linesman’s head off or words to that effect were a bit strange I thought and out of character from what we have seen to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
01-05-2019, 10:35 AM
I thought he was just being honest, not deflecting anything.

Interveiwer asked him about being animated on the touch line and that's when he said what he said?

That's what I took from it. I like his interviews, if I'm honest. He seems fairly open and honest with his answers (as much as you'll get from a football manager anyway, who basically lie through their teeth and every given opportunity to some degree :greengrin )and I didn't think he deflected at all in his answers.

The 90+2
01-05-2019, 10:37 AM
I don’t think he likes the interviewer very much and who can blame him? He was obviously frustrated with letting them back into the match also.

JimBHibees
01-05-2019, 10:40 AM

Wow that is some jump. What a bizarre way of looking at it.

Carheenlea
01-05-2019, 11:17 AM
I don’t think he likes the interviewer very much and who can blame him? He was obviously frustrated with letting them back into the match also.

He’ll need to get used to him unfortunately, as Brian McLaughlin is the BBC’s regular correspondent for Easter Road and Tynecastle. Neil Lennon seemed to get on well with him, but he’s already irked Leeann Dempster during one interview this year and you sense he has now rubbed Paul Heckingbottom up the wrong way a bit with his latest interview with the Hibs manager. Find him a hard guy to like myself after his chairing of a local Sportsman’s Dinner where I didn’t enjoy his contribution.

Kato
01-05-2019, 11:23 AM
Wow that is some jump. What a bizarre way of looking at it.

His own "odd moment" rather than Heck's.

The 90+2
01-05-2019, 11:30 AM
He’ll need to get used to him unfortunately, as Brian McLaughlin is the BBC’s regular correspondent for Easter Road and Tynecastle. Neil Lennon seemed to get on well with him, but he’s already irked Leeann Dempster during one interview this year and you sense he has now rubbed Paul Heckingbottom up the wrong way a bit with his latest interview with the Hibs manager. Find him a hard guy to like myself after his chairing of a local Sportsman’s Dinner where I didn’t enjoy his contribution.

I agree but he’s a good judge of character if he doesn’t like him.

McGlauchlans a Jambo who sucks up the status quo hence how he was pally with Lennon. I don’t think the media as a whole have been respectful to the club this past season and also Hecky since he’s arrived or was appointed. I got the impression with Hecky was that if the reporter wants to be a smart arse with him then he will happily give it back too.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-05-2019, 11:36 AM
Only in Scottish football can you be sworn at by a match official and receive a ban

It’s about time hibs started banning certain journalists and pundits from the stadium

Obviously we can take a critical match report but There’s a good few that have an agenda against us

I’m getting my tin foil hat relined in time for next season

tamig
01-05-2019, 11:36 AM

I’m sure Hecky will appreciate that endorsement from you. He’ll sleep well tonight.

Future17
01-05-2019, 11:51 AM
I’m sure Hecky will appreciate that endorsement from you. He’ll sleep well tonight.

What a strange comment on a discussion forum.

Newry Hibs
01-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Not saying Heck is lying but, is there any evidence that the 4th official swore at him?

Heck was on TV saying what he did - so the SFA can respond to that, but not to the 4th official just on hearsay.

green day
01-05-2019, 03:20 PM
Only in Scottish football can you be sworn at by a match official and receive a ban

It’s about time hibs started banning certain journalists and pundits from the stadium

Obviously we can take a critical match report but There’s a good few that have an agenda against us

I’m getting my tin foil hat relined in time for next season

No it isnt, that is the kind of childish nonsense the Huns try to use.

Journalists are entitled to their opinions - even Keith Jackson who is a fanny, and whos opinion I usually disagree with, is entitled to write a story as thats his job.

Banning him would do nothing, much better to simply ignore them.

Kato
02-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Journalists are entitled to their opinions - even Keith Jackson who is a fanny, and whos opinion I usually disagree with, is entitled to write a story as thats his job.

What if the story is a fabrication?

green day
02-05-2019, 10:50 AM

Are you saying that journalists dont always write the truth?

I am stunned............................:agree:

Eyrie
02-05-2019, 12:11 PM

Then you'll know it was written by Keith Jackson.