PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

HibbyAndy
30-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Where is he in the stats for most appearances in Edinburgh Derbies ?

superfurryhibby
30-04-2019, 05:02 PM
This is a bit out of date, but Lewis will have a bit to go before he catches up with Robertson and Medals.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-cup/top-10-capital-derby-appearance-makers-1-4370310

hibby6270
30-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Not sure about derbies overall but I’m sure in the TV highlights it was mentioned he was now the most played Hibs player with 40(?) appearances.

He’s also 9th in the ‘most appearances’ for Hibs as tweeted by the club this afternoon.
If he carries on (uninjured), 4th place is a definite possibility. Breaking into the top 3 though would take a monumental effort on Lewis’ part. Not impossible though.

It’s a shame he didn’t find his niche at left back sooner but had David Murphy ahead of him in the left back pecking order earlier in his career. If he’d been an ever present, Gordon Smith’s total would surely be under threat.

HibbyAndy
30-04-2019, 05:07 PM
This is a bit out of date, but Lewis will have a bit to go before he catches up with Robertson and Medals.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-cup/top-10-capital-derby-appearance-makers-1-4370310

:aok:

With hopefully at least 4 derbies a season wee Lewy i'd imagine will be right up their if not take over fat Nobbo as all time derby appearances

Sir David Gray
30-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Not sure about derbies overall but I’m sure in the TV highlights it was mentioned he was now the most played Hibs player with 40(?) appearances.

He’s also 9th in the ‘most appearances’ for Hibs as tweeted by the club this afternoon.
If he carries on (uninjured), 4th place is a definite possibility. Breaking into the top 3 though would take a monumental effort on Lewis’ part. Not impossible though.

It’s a shame he didn’t find his niche at left back sooner but had David Murphy ahead of him in the left back pecking order earlier in his career. If he’d been an ever present, Gordon Smith’s total would surely be under threat.

To be at the top of the appearances stats, he would probably need to play near enough every single game for the next 5 seasons. I would doubt if that will happen as he's likely to pick up a few injuries as he gets older and he's already 31.