PDA

View Full Version : Australian group - thank you

bob12345
29-04-2019, 11:51 PM
I’m writing to pass on my thanks to everybody for the incredible welcome the Australian youth futsal squad and their parents received on Sunday. I was tasking with organising the Scottish leg of their tour and of course, my first thought went to how we could get them along to Hibs. It was provisionally booked in October last year but with their dates falling post split it was an agonising waiting game and for a spell it looked like it might be a match against St Mirren! Imagine my reaction when the fixtures were cast and it was a home derby.

We headed there early for a stadium tour. Then the match, with the spine tingling experience of them playing on the pitch at half time and the lap of honour that followed. Afterwards Mark Milligan made some time to come over and speak to them all.

Everyone at the club was first class at making it happen. But what bowled me over was how many random Hibs fans approached them throughout the day for a chat. Everyone took an interest in them and ensuring they were enjoying their experience at Easter Road.

A perfect day would have ended with Sunshine on Leith but perhaps that would have been greedy. I was so proud of the club & fans and I’m pretty certain we have 40 new to enroll in the Aus & NZ supporters club.

Futsal groups come to the UK twice a year so here’s to the first of many visits to Easter Road.

Hibernia&Alba
29-04-2019, 11:58 PM
Nice one mate. Great stuff :applause:

Forza Fred
30-04-2019, 03:36 AM
Good to hear.

Hibs have a pretty active following in Australia and indeed, the Australia Branch of the Hibs Supporters Association has been in existence since 1987.

Hibee Mac
30-04-2019, 06:48 AM
Great to hear!

murray26
30-04-2019, 06:59 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed themselves and hopefully we will see you all return one day .. hope to see a win this time.

CMurdoch
30-04-2019, 07:52 PM
Well done Bob

bob12345
01-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Did anybody happen to record the game on BT? Trying to get hold of the point where Darrell Currie refers to them live on air.