PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON TICKET UPDATE

RSS Bot
29-04-2019, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9920)

B.H.F.C
29-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Good number to have sold considering we’re still in April.

04Sauzee
29-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Brilliant news hopefully sell as many as this season. Would be difficult to beat next year's total but what start

Carheenlea
29-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Excellent :agree:

There had been some expressing doubt about us maintaining our record ST numbers so this is good news that we have matched where we were this time last year with over 9,500 committed to date.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2019, 04:36 PM
9500 sold so far is very impressive considering it is only the end of April

We must have every chance of surpassing this years figure

Well done guys!

:thumbsup:

Shrekko
29-04-2019, 04:39 PM
Thats incredible- amazing figures

Billy Whizz
29-04-2019, 04:39 PM
Well done fellow Hibs fans

Since452
29-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Wow. Well done all.

hibee-boys
29-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Very impressive, particularly given the issue with the credit firm.👍

Bishop Hibee
29-04-2019, 05:03 PM
This is good news. Hecky at the wheel with a ten game unbeaten run has definitely helped.

GreenCastle
29-04-2019, 05:05 PM
Good good.

Let's fill up Easter Road once again.

Buy your membership (ST) to the club and help the team continue to move forward :aok:

HibbyAndy
29-04-2019, 05:31 PM
WOW

Fantastic stuff!!

Keith_M
29-04-2019, 05:42 PM
I was hoping for a slight downturn in the FF Lower, for purely selfish reasons.

DaveF
29-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Great effort to date in terms of renewals.

Well done us :-)

Diclonius
29-04-2019, 06:12 PM
That's fantastic - wasn't expecting that at all as we tend to have a downturn following a less-than-perfect season, but good to see we're keeping faith!

wallpaperman
29-04-2019, 06:16 PM
Absolutely fantastic effort, seems like the rejuvinated Hibs support is a permanent thing, despite fears by some that the post cup final win glow would start to wear off.

murray26
29-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Fantastic numbers well done to all..

Eyrie
29-04-2019, 07:23 PM
It's going to be like last season again.

The more we sell, the more people will buy season tickets that they know they won't get the full use of simply to secure a good seat for the games they can make.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Good number to have sold considering we’re still in April.

Yes, how many of them will turn up though 😮
Seriously, it's a good uptake, better than expected.

Ringothedog
29-04-2019, 07:51 PM
60% of the available seats now sold for next season 👍

Aim Here
29-04-2019, 08:14 PM
By my reckoning, at ~50 days into the ST campaign, Hibs would have sold about 8200 or so tickets in 2017/18 and 10,000 tickets in 2018/19, so the uptake is somewhere inbetween those two.

Aim Here
29-04-2019, 08:18 PM
It's going to be like last season again.

The more we sell, the more people will buy season tickets that they know they won't get the full use of simply to secure a good seat for the games they can make.

That's still a win for the club. And because the cheap FF Lower seats are significantly more expensive, it's more of a win for the club than it would otherwise be (and there'd likely be a higher percentage uptake for the seats that are sold, because people aren't going to throw their money away so lightly).

Leith Green
29-04-2019, 08:29 PM
By my reckoning, at ~50 days into the ST campaign, Hibs would have sold about 8200 or so tickets in 2017/18 and 10,000 tickets in 2018/19, so the uptake is somewhere inbetween those two.

The club have stated that we are on a par with last seasons sales.

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2019, 09:30 PM

The update is on level par with last year, by the reckoning of the club.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2019, 09:39 PM
It was a genuine 'WOW' moment for me when I read that …. I never thought for a second we would get near this seasons total, but considering the problem with Zebra finance and the hassle that must have caused folk to get to that figure by this point is truly remarkable. Well done to my fellow Hibs fans, perhaps my pragmatic outlook towards what we might achieve was misplaced.
:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
30-04-2019, 06:37 AM
Fantastic news that. Hopefully get up to numbers of this season. :flag:

ronaldo7
30-04-2019, 07:03 AM
That's some achievement, and a great start.

The Spaceman
30-04-2019, 07:04 AM
Superb. The Scottish Cup 2016 changed everything for our club.

Hibernian Verse
30-04-2019, 07:10 AM
Superb. The Scottish Cup 2016 changed everything for our club.

Not sure you can attribute current sales to a 3 year old cup win :confused: The initial bounce yes but we are now past that.

wookie70
30-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Great start let's get the same or better than last year. It gives the club a great incentive to try and get a couple of early signings in to bolster sales

BoomtownHibees
30-04-2019, 07:13 AM
Not sure you can attribute current sales to a 3 year old cup win :confused: The initial bounce yes but we are now past that.

It was the catalyst though, where it all began, and has been positive ever since. This seasons sales so far have taken me by surprise a bit, I thought we would have seen a slight deficit based on the earlier part of the season as well as the trouble we have had with the payment plan.

Frazerbob
30-04-2019, 07:44 AM

I have no doubt the cup win is still having a hugely positive effect on the support.

Keith_M
30-04-2019, 08:08 AM

It was definitely a turning point.

Since that cup win, we've had the three highest season ticket sales in succession.

I admit to thinking the numbers would have gone back down by now, but no signs of that yet.

JimBHibees
30-04-2019, 09:36 AM
I have no doubt the cup win is still having a hugely positive effect on the support.

Agree it has got the monkey off our back and made people much more confident to support Hibs and the club in general.

Onion
30-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Agree it has got the monkey off our back and made people much more confident to support Hibs and the club in general.

There's a completely different atmosphere around the club post Cup win. No longer the butt of media jokes or mocked by lesser opponents such as Hearts, and the club feels like it is much better run since Leanne came in.

Would still be amazing if ST numbers held up, after this season. But Leanne appears to have pulled a rabbit again with Hecky appointment just at the right time, so who knows ?

JeMeSouviens
30-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Brilliant news hopefully sell as many as this season. Would be difficult to beat next year's total but what start

Why, how many are we selling next year? :confused: And who wins the Gold Cup and the National? :wink:

Since452
30-04-2019, 11:32 AM
It really can't be understated just how much getting the Scottish Cup monkey off our backs has released the shackles off this club. I've never seen a transformation at any club quite like it through winning a trophy not from some Arab billionaire investment.

Just think. They only had to hold on for 10 minutes....

jax67
30-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Well done Hibbies!! Great start, let’s keep it going. GGTTH!!

Jones28
30-04-2019, 11:44 AM

That cup win gave the club the kickstart it desperately needed after years of mediocrity and a downward spiral that looked like it had no end. It's still having a positive effect on the club nearly three years on.

Since452
30-04-2019, 11:55 AM
That cup win gave the club the kickstart it desperately needed after years of mediocrity and a downward spiral that looked like it had no end. It's still having a positive effect on the club nearly three years on.

If we hadn't won the cup I don't even want to think of the number of season tickets we'd have sold in 16/17.

NAE NOOKIE
30-04-2019, 12:02 PM
There's a completely different atmosphere around the club post Cup win. No longer the butt of media jokes or mocked by lesser opponents such as Hearts, and the club feels like it is much better run since Leanne came in.

Would still be amazing if ST numbers held up, after this season. But Leanne appears to have pulled a rabbit again with Hecky appointment just at the right time, so who knows ?

I have to say that a season like next one, the fourth after we finally won the cup, was for me always going to be the first real test of exactly what the long term effects of that cup win allied to the new style of management within the club would be.

This is the first season for ages that we haven't at least made it to a semi final. Its the first season since 15/16 that we have had a major glitch in our season results wise without at least the comfort of a good cup run to ease the pain. Its the first season since we were relegated where there has been real issues between the fans and the board IE over the Neil Lennon situation and its the first season since then where the club has been stripped of so many significant players … McGinn, Allan, McGeouch and Ambrose … that's a hell of a quartet to lose all at the same time, and its probably the first season where the minor novelty of Hibs playing clubs we hadn't seen for some time at Easter Road like Celtic or Motherwell has well and truly worn off.

If on the back of that we can still get near to last seasons total I for one would be a lot more optimistic that the long term benefits to the club of the cup win and management style at board level are going to be far more significant than I had hoped and that we actually have managed to attract more fans with 'stickability' than I thought we would.

Between now and the start of next season we need to sign up another 3,500 fans to reach 13,000 ST holders …. what a fantastic thing it would be if we could do that on the back of a season like this one … not a terrible season, but certainly not a stellar one either.

AgentDaleCooper
30-04-2019, 12:29 PM

to be completely honest, if we hadn't won the cup i wouldn't have bought a season ticket the following year, as i hadn't for almost 10 years. Me and my dad were at the cup final and I felt that we owed it to hibs to give something back after they gave us such an incredible day, so I bought season tickets for both of us. The cup final changed things at the club, not just in a short term buzz sense but also something fundamental that feels brilliant to be a part of. I think Dempster has a big part in this as well.

19Leith75
30-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Good start considering the problems with the finance plans. People buying into Hecky. Hopefully a good end to the season to continue the buzz.

Ringothedog
30-04-2019, 12:41 PM
If we hadn't won the cup I don't even want to think of the number of season tickets we'd have sold in 16/17.

But we did, so we will never know.

Jones28
30-04-2019, 12:50 PM

I can't imagine I'd have been as easy to sway into getting one

matty_f
30-04-2019, 01:01 PM
It really can't be understated just how much getting the Scottish Cup monkey off our backs has released the shackles off this club. I've never seen a transformation at any club quite like it through winning a trophy not from some Arab billionaire investment.

Just think. They only had to hold on for 10 minutes....

I think the Scottish Cup was one of the results of a transformation rather than the catalyst for one.

The change started with Leeann Dempster coming in and several key positions at the club being filled.

From those changes, the cup win came, it's my opinion that we'd have got to this point regardless - it might just have taken a bit longer without winning the cup.

Carheenlea
01-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Football attending is very much a habitual ritual. When you have your ST your Saturdays are filled with going along to see Hibs every other week, or every week for those that go home and away. The numbers travelling haven’t really risen that much from what it always was, but the thousands who have come on board to commit to a ST are now in the habit of going to Easter Road on a Saturday rather than the activities that they once did when attending sporadically.
The challenge for Hibs is to keep them, as it’s often easier to stop and find other things to replace going to see Hibs with other things than it is to get them going along again after lapsing.